This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Orci Teases- Could We See Dinobots In TF3? Galvatron?...Unic

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Orci Teases- Could We See Dinobots In TF3? Galvatron?...Unic

Postby Tigertrack » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:14 am

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
MTV.com- With the domestic release of Transformers Revenge of the Fallen less than two weeks away, MTV talks about TF2 with Shia, and Megan, and also TF3 with half of the infamous writing duo of the franchise Robert Orci (of Orci and Kurtzman fame).

You can see the whole article here, and check out some highlights below.

"So with a 2012 release date already hanging over their heads, the next question is a simple one: What would "Transformers 3" be about?

"I'd like to see some version of Galvatron," said Roberto Orci, who wrote the first two films with his partner Alex Kurtzman. "I would like to see Unicron, too, and really anything that ends in the word 'ron.' "

"Dinobots!" Orci added. "I think, eventually, the Dinobots are going to have to happen."

Although some fans remember the dinosaur-shaped Transformers as being a bit cheesy, Orci doesn't see it as an obstacle. "I didn't say it was going to be my problem [to overcome as a writer]," he laughed. "But as a fan, I would like to see some Dinobots." "

With many of us just full of anticipation about seeing Devastator on-screen the next movie is a little off our viewscreens. But it is fun to consider, who might be in the next, and what can they do to make the third movie even better.

Check out the Vector Sigma Database entries for the G1 Dinobots Grimlock, Slag, Swoop, Snarl, and Sludge, as well as, Galvatron, and Unicron!
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Re: Orci Teases- Could We See Dinobots In TF3? Galvatron?...Unic

Postby King Henrik » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:41 am

Motto: ""It doesn't matter what you ask, it's who you're asking""
Weapon: Battle Blades
i really think the way furman did the idw dinobots would work in the movie verse. or some variation of it... then we can add unicron and have grimlock kick his butt again...lol
King Henrik
Fuzor
News Credits: 5
Strength: 3
Speed: 6
Endurance: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby DevastaTTor » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:47 am

My thoughts:
Dinobots: with multiple, legitimate options to introduce them, bring them on. After seeing Ravage, getting them in that similar style might be really cool.

Galvatron: only if it's a reformat of Megatron and he retains that "screw loose", on-the-edge feel.

Unicron: only if it avoids the same type of letdown as FF2 with Galactus.
Check out my BST Sales Thread HERE!

Equal Opportunity Transforming Robot Collector
DevastaTTor
Gestalt
News Credits: 198

Postby It Is Him » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:02 am

Someone give me a high five!
Come join us at THE PUPPY THREAD

BeastProwl wrote:What the **** is wrong with you?
It Is Him
City Commander
News Credits: 16

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:19 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Did someone say Movie Unicron?

(click images to see full versions)

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7

Postby Overloaded » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:34 am

If Unicron arrives does that mean TF 3 will be the end of the movie universe I taught we would go to six movies :sad:
Overloaded
Combiner
News Credits: 2

Postby Cyber Bishop » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:36 am

Motto: "Ker-Klick... Choom!"
Weapon: Black Magic
As a HUGE Dinobot fan I would love to see them done correctly in the next movie.
Not a sheeple.
Think for yourself, don't let the magic TV box and social media do the thinking for you.
Question EVERYTHING!!
Just because you have a youtube review channel doesn't make you special.
No, I am not friendly online or in real life.
I look forward to attending a Botcon only to settle matters with idiots in person.
Cyber Bishop
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 103
Watch Cyber Bishop on YouTube
Buy from Cyber Bishop on eBay
Alt Mode: some sort of rudimentary lathe

Postby Nightwalker » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:44 am

Maybe it's time for the Autobots to have Arialbots or whatever. They have combiners too. :grin:
Nightwalker
Minibot

Postby Mkall » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:46 am

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
Whoever we'll get, we'll get. I'm not holding my breath.

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Endurance: 6

Postby Supercollider » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:53 am

Motto: "Embrace your inner geek, the geek will inherit the Earth!"
Weapon: Glass Gas Gun
I kinda hope they don't do the dinobots but I could see them really pulling off Galvatron &/or Unicron.
Supercollider
Gestalt
Courage: 10+

Postby Tigertrack » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:52 am

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Cyber Bishop wrote:As a HUGE Dinobot fan I would love to see them done correctly in the next movie.

I'm with you. However, no Slag's created using Snarl's name, make him Snarl or call him something else (Hardtop, whatever).

I wouldn't mind at all seeing Grimlock, Snarl, and Swoop, but all five would be incredible, and if they did like 7 (I happen to like the Ankylosaurus from BW as well), I say go for it!

Hmm, or they can do the Dinobots Vs. Magmatron... That would be very interesting. Plus, BW fans might get on board.

I want Insecticons too. I mean real Insecticons not the 'bugs' we've seen in previews. Kickback!!!!
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8

Postby Officer Prowl » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:55 am

Honestly I would just like to see some classics like Prowl, Hound, Mirage, Cliffjumper, Sunstreaker, Wheeljack, Etc.....

I know we all have our favorites and I would rather see them then these made up ones like Skids and Mudflap.
Officer Prowl
Micromaster

Postby cybercat » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:15 am

Just to maintain my image as the cranky and cynical 'kitty y'all love to hate:

Seems to me I recall Mr. Orci state that he would not be involved in TF3, even if it did exist. Something about wanting to stretch his creative horizons. (That sound you hear is my rolling my eyes).

So, if he's not involved, he most likely isn't a very good source about the plot of the third? Is it likely he knows *anything* if he's already publicly stated he's officially OFF TF3?

Or did I miss it where he's suddenly back on this cash cow.

HK, skeptical.
cybercat
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby Bouncy X » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:18 am

if those Unicron art photos(which are copyrighted 2008 i noticed) are anything near what they'd use, i fear they'd make him just a planet and he wouldnt transform.

because imagine if they kept that....there could be a whole 10 minute sequence just to show him transforming into a robot. it be awesome. :P

and get maurice lamarche to do his best orson welles impression and bingo...unicron's got a voice. :grin:
"Expect nothing, but want it all"
Bouncy X
Pretender

Postby Megatron Wolf » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:27 am

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Ok what "fans" think the Dinobots are cheesy? Im telling ya this guy has no clue what hes talking about. I can think of so many ways to bring in the Dinobots that works but they'll pick the most retarded way to do it. They'll make them dinosaurs toys that come to life because of the allspark. Unicron will look like crap and Galvatron wont be purple he'll look just like Megatron but with a new mode. You know bay wont have a giant Purple robot. He'll say "a giant purple evil robot just isnt menacing enough so, we made him green". They need to fire the writing staff and Bay.
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10

Postby DMSL » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:29 am

Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
No Galvatron or Uni please.
DMSL
Transmetal Warrior
Watch DMSL on YouTube
Intelligence: 9
Skill: 7

Postby Puck » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:44 am

Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
Unless the 2nd movie brings it up, Earth while having energy persay it isn't full of Energon. And now that the Allspark is pretty much gone, why WOULD Unicron show up? To follow a handful of robots who couldn't oppose him at all?
Puck
Mini-Con
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby Optillamanus » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:11 pm

Puck wrote:Unless the 2nd movie brings it up, Earth while having energy persay it isn't full of Energon. And now that the Allspark is pretty much gone, why WOULD Unicron show up? To follow a handful of robots who couldn't oppose him at all?
Where else would he go? Some other planet where Bay couldn't make lots of money off of him?
Optillamanus
Micromaster

Postby ngilford » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:16 pm

I'm pretty sure that Unicron will be the TF3. I bet that The Fallen's sun-eater--which will be Unicron--will get turned on, and they will have to stop it/him/whatever!
ngilford
Mini-Con

Postby MYoung23 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:54 pm

The movie makers have left much of the universe's backstory a mysetery so there is a way to include Unicron if they want. They have yet to explain exactly who made the Allspark and they could easily make that Unicron.

I dont know if Megatron survives the sequel but if he does it leaves open the change to Galvatron. If not, they could make him a separate character like IDW has done. He could always be a surviving member of the original 13.

As for the Dinobots I will say what I have always said about this issue and that if you can have a giant scorpion and a cyclops cat thing then you can have the Dinobots. The way IDW accounted for their dinosaur modes in present time makes a ton of sense especially when you consider the movie-universe has already established Transformers being on Earth in it's ancient past.

In regard to other characters possibly being in the third movie they should look whos powers would look cool on screen like Hound's holograms, Mirage's invisibility, Cliffjumper's glass gun, etc. They have already neutered Megatron's fusion cannon into another generic movieverse "pulse blast"
MYoung23
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3

Postby Zeonic_Miko » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:50 pm

Weapon: Slingshot
Megatron Wolf wrote:Ok what "fans" think the Dinobots are cheesy?

This fan for one. Dinobots are cheesy, that’s why they are absolutely perfect for a children’s program but are completely unsuitable for a live-action film that even wants to pretend it's serious. I can't see them being handled in anyway that wouldn’t come off as heavy handed.

I’d like to see more characterization for the Transformers already in the films instead of just slapping eight new ones down every time.
Zeonic_Miko
Mini-Con
Strength: 3
Endurance: 5
Skill: 8

Postby YRQRM0 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:08 pm

I do't really want to see Dinobots. Perfect for cartoons, but not a live-action movie. Anyway they logically explain them would be cheesy. Galvatron would be cool, but that might confuse the general audience too much, and I don't really see a point if they can just make a new design for Megs like in ROTF. Uniron would be amazing, just impossible to pull off in live action. I like the effects of the robots, but the CGI would end up being too cheesy looking for a planet sized robot. He would have to be the size of a country or something to look better and be more reasonably defeated. I'd rather see Tidal Wave, Omega Supreme, Mini-cons, or something less extreme or far-fetched at least. Maybe airelbots (spelling?).
YRQRM0
Gestalt Team Leader
Watch YRQRM0 on YouTube
Endurance: 10

Postby OptimusShr » Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:45 pm

Officially I say maybe on Dinobots, yes on Galvatron unless the events of ROTF prevent it. And NO on Unicron. I do not feel Unicron belongs in the movie verse, especially since he has been so overdone in recent history.
OptimusShr
Fuzor

Postby Jacob P. Galvatron » Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:51 pm

Motto: "Decepticons, till the day I die! West side!"
Weapon: Big Cannon
I thought Megatron technically was Galvatron now...

Well, as for the Dinobots, I figured they could have them, sorta land in a mueseum or something and take the shape of animatronic dinosaurs.
Jacob P. Galvatron: Because You're Worth It!!

Custom Things:
Atmospheric Re-entry Bumblebee

Jacob P. Galvatron
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 6

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:47 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
icu2jimy wrote:I thought Megatron technically was Galvatron now...
No, he's still Megs.

There's been several times where a Megatron was upgraded and not renamed "Galvatron".
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Intelligence: 10

Next

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #31 Marvel Comics 1987 (W/A) Budiansky (A) Perlin 210422B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #6 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Kupperberg 230915U"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 1B GI JOE 1023IM260 (CA) Aja (W) WIlliamson"
DUKE #1 Cvr B Imag ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS Vol 01 TP Image Comics 2024 1223IM247 TPB (CA) De Felici (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS Vol 01 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #7 Cvr F 1:100 Image Comics 2024 Skybound 0224IM318 7F Del Mundo"
NEW!
TRANSFORMERS #7 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #4 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 4D GI JOE 0124IM250 (CA) Clarke (W) Williamson"
NEW!
DUKE #4 Cvr D 1:25 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2023 APR238111 2D (CA) Darboe (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2023 1E GI JOE 1023IM263 (CA) Sorrentino"
DUKE #1 Cvr E 1:50 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #54 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Budiansky (A/CA) Delbo 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #31 Marvel Comics 1987 (W/A) Budiansky (A) Perlin 231222I"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #3 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 FEB210483 3B (CA) Schoening"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #8 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2024 0224IM323 8D (CA) Khalidah"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #8 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers My Little Pony MAGIC OF CYBERTRON #1 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 1B"
Transformers My Li ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 3rd ptg Image Comics 2024 GI JOE 1123IM897 (CA) Fornes (W) WIlliamson"
NEW!
DUKE #1 3rd ptg Im ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Legends Class Windcharger Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 20 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Tra Rid Warrior Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Power Plus Series Bumblebee" on AMAZON