This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Hasbro poised to reach over $600 million in Transformers sales this year

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Hasbro poised to reach over $600 million in Transformers sales this year

Postby Delicon » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:23 pm

Motto: "Seibertron.com: Other sites lack the meat!"
Weapon: Battle Blades
Fueled mainly by the the toys from the ROTF (Revenge of the Fallen line), Hasbro looks to recover from a recent slump in Transformers sales with a very strong 2009. Here are some projected figures, courtesy of the Wall Street Journal Online.

Hasbro Inc. (HAS) is revving up for bigger sales in the toy aisle thanks to the blockbuster Transformers movie sequel, with merchandise sales topping the 2007 product lineup by as much as 25%, analysts say.

"Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" is No. 1 at the box office so far this year. Since its June 24 release, the movie has racked up $607.6 million in global ticket sales through July 6, according to reporting service Box Office Mojo.

Industry analysts forecast that Transformers toy-related sales, including licensing fees, could be as high as $600 million by year's end. ...

To view the original article, click here,

For all your Transformers news, stay right here at the All-Transformers-All-The-Time Seibertron.com!
Proud Seibertronian since 2008
Delicon
Gestalt
News Credits: 273
Buy from Delicon on eBay
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 2
Skill: 9

Re: Hasbro poised to reach over $600 million in Transformers sales this year

Postby Cliffjumper Prime » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:46 pm

Weapon: Big Cannon
They had a slump in sales because they had a slump in shipments. I never even saw any of the later Universe voyagers or legends, or Predacon Bruticus, and my area gets everything in a timely fashion. I think a lot of people had this problem too, given the high price Universe Inferno is going for on Amazon and Ebay.

sorry, had to rant... still cheesed off... but I hope this bodes well for all of us in the long run and we get some good toys later this year. I also hope Hasbro is smart enough not to rely on RotF toys entirely.
Cliffjumper Prime
Minibot
News Credits: 2
Strength: 6
Speed: 6
Endurance: 4
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Postby karellan » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:46 pm

I love how you've appropriated the Roger Ebert quote into a kind of unofficial motto.
karellan
Micromaster
News Credits: 1

Postby Delicon » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:28 pm

Motto: "Seibertron.com: Other sites lack the meat!"
Weapon: Battle Blades
karellan wrote:I love how you've appropriated the Roger Ebert quote into a kind of unofficial motto.

I mix it up with that kind of thing but I always try to get Seibertron.com in there somewhere within the story just in case people surfing in off of google or wherever know where they are reading the story from.

Cliffjumper Prime wrote:They had a slump in sales because they had a slump in shipments. I never even saw any of the later Universe voyagers or legends, or Predacon Bruticus, and my area gets everything in a timely fashion. I think a lot of people had this problem too, given the high price Universe Inferno is going for on Amazon and Ebay.

sorry, had to rant... still cheesed off... but I hope this bodes well for all of us in the long run and we get some good toys later this year. I also hope Hasbro is smart enough not to rely on RotF toys entirely.

Actually that's pretty well-stated. A lot of key figures didn't see the kind of distribution they should while some were a bit overproduced. Hopefully Hasbro lives and learns. Obviously they have adapted over the years being that the brand had lasted this long!
Proud Seibertronian since 2008
Delicon
Gestalt
News Credits: 273
Buy from Delicon on eBay
Firepower: 2

Postby JediTray » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:12 pm

Of course Hasbro made more money this time around. The prices were all raised! Twice at a Target store!

-JT
JediTray
Mini-Con

Postby capellamusic » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:19 pm

Motto: "Sex, food and rock'n'roll"
Weapon: Cerebro-Shell Launcher
The sales slumped? Well, I didn't see a single Universe figure in my country (Portugal), anywhere, not even on Toys'R'Us. Many of their released figures aren't sold in my country, which seems to happen in a lot more countries. And if we get Animated and Movie figures, why don't they also sell the other lines on these countries? It seems more like they sold less because they wanted to. :?
Optimus Prime: Great... but how are we gonna explain to capellamusic the hole on his wall?
Megatron: Hmm... a free natural air conditioning system?
capellamusic
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 4
Buy from capellamusic on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 3
Courage: 4
Firepower: 5

Postby Lapse Of Reason » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:37 pm

Weapon: Sword
I knew I was spending too much on Transformers.
Lapse Of Reason
Gestalt
News Credits: 10
Buy from Lapse Of Reason on eBay
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Endurance: 10+
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: ???
Skill: 10+

Postby Megatron Wolf » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:33 pm

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
There was a slump cause there were no items on the shelves. Never saw the last waves of Universe or animated. And if they were around it was just a case. And you know how fast that vanished right? All the ROTF toys are flooding the stores so people have some thing to buy now. Not to mention when ever a big movie comes out like ROTF the toys sell well. Remember how much they made when the first movie was out? Same thing is happening now. They just got smarter and ship out more products to fill the demand and still have extra out so the pegs arent empty. Not to mention schools out and there are more kids at the stores. And that means more sales.
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby skywarp-2 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:04 am

$600 million and they can't even make a premium chromed out and shinny Prime?? WTF!!!

how about a Proper Silvery, screen accurate, elbow moving, wing added Leader Class retooled ROTF Megatron?? come on Hasbro! you've made enough dough off this, now give a little back to the hardcore fans like us!!
"You Waste More energy with your mouth."
Check out My Deviant Art Page:
http://skywarp-2.deviantart.com/
http://capitalcomicsstudios.deviantart.com/
http://time-lord-rassilon.deviantart.com/
Check out my new Custom Transformers G-1 CCG! Updated! 07/21/2009!!!!
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/vi ... 27&t=56030
skywarp-2
Faction Commander
News Credits: 5

Postby Bumblebeast » Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:22 am

I want an automatic figure of Megatron beating Starscream with his own arm.

Anyways, US$ 600M, well deserved ! Hasbro plays its cards well.
Bad-ass Prime wants YOUR face !!!
Bumblebeast
Vehicon
News Credits: 1

Postby JediTray » Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:26 pm

That's a badass pic of Alien vs. Eddie, Megatron Wolf! Did you make it, or find it online somewhere?
JediTray
Mini-Con

Postby Superior Prime09 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:24 pm

Motto: ""He leaked lubricant all over my foot.""
Weapon: Concussion Cannon
I'm not suprised that sales were droopy before ROTF toys came out. Infact, wasn't that impressed with the Animated toys and the show itself. The animated show (i thought) was crappy, Weird anime humor and the art itself too "childlike".

The universe figs weren't worth buying for me, not impressed, glad a new movie came out with new toys, very impressed with the new movie toys. Now if only I can find Jetfire in the stores. :?
"Not a fan of TF: Animated, it's retarded and the style is crap. Anything to say about it?"
Superior Prime09
Micromaster
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 5
Skill: 8

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 Cvr F 1:100 Image Comics 2023 1F GI JOE 1023IM264 (CA) Jonboy 231222B"
DUKE #1 Cvr F 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 Cvr G blank sketch Image Comics 2023 1G GI JOE 1023IM265 (W) WIlliamson"
DUKE #1 Cvr G blan ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TALES OF GI JOE #10 Marvel Comics 1988 (A/CA) Vosburg (W) Hama 220721A"
TALES OF GI JOE #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #1 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 MAR238214 1B (CA) Young (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE ORDER OF BATTLE #3 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Hama 220721A"
GI JOE ORDER OF BA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE SNAKE EYES DEADGAME #3 Cvr A IDW Comics 2020 JUL200572 3A (A/CA) Liefeld"
GI JOE SNAKE EYES ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #305 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 0124IM260 305C (CA)Walker"
NEW!
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 0923IM467 6D (CA) Darboe (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #3 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2024 3D GI JOE 1223IM274 (CA) Petraites + Martin"
DUKE #3 Cvr D 1:25 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #3 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 3B 0124IM239 (CA) Azaceta"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #3 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS vs GI JOE #1 Cvr Sub IDW Comics 2014 1SUB (CA) Stokoe 230124"
TRANSFORMERS vs GI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #301 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 301B 0923IM336 (CA)Kubert"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Saturday Morning Adv #3 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 FEB220413 3B (CA) Murphy"
GI JOE Saturday Mo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE EUROPEAN MISSIONS #8 Marvel Comics 1989 (CA) Braithwaite 220721B"
GI JOE EUROPEAN MI ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Menasor, 8.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Krok and Gatorface" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Motormaster Figure" on AMAZON