This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Seibertron.com's gallery and review of ROTF Devastator

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Seibertron.com's gallery and review of ROTF Devastator

Postby Seibertron » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:01 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Fellow Seibertronian dahpadre was kind enough to provide Seibertron.com with a review of the ROTF Devastator figure to correlate with our latest galleries. Check out his review below which includes links to the official Seibertron.com galleries of Devastator and his component characters!

dahpadre wrote:Transformers Revenge of the Fallen: Constructicon Devastator

This is my first review so forgive me if it comes off either too simple or too detailed.

This figure has caught a ton of heat ever since it was pretty much announced. In fact I think the only good impression it had was at the New York Toy Fare when it was first unveiled. Most of the complaints it caught were unjust, but enough of them did have valid reason. So lets begin. I'll start with the individual VEHICLES, and I will stress VEHICLES since they are either that or the various appendages that make up Devastator.

Mixmaster (head): He is a large, ultra class silver, light gray, and dark gray cement mixer, with blue/purple painted windows. Sorry not actual translucent plastic. For what he is I would say he actually has nice detail. Along the rear you can see what is made to be the pipe work for cement to be poured from along with rivets and simulated panels, and red painted tail lights. The drawback, it is all done in the dark gray tone, so there is no definition to it. it comes off as a Tonka toy where it's enough for the imagination, but seeing what has been done in terms of movie figures it's a big let down. Now along to the cement mixer chamber it is done in sections of alternating light gray and dark. Missing from the detail is the ominous Decepticon faction symbol. Something as simple as that would add so much to this figure. As for the cab it takes on the mostly dark gray color with a light gray bumper and crash bar. Surprisingly done well is the detail for the door, gas tank, side mirrors and off road lamps. Missing once again is the additional paint applications to add definition, as mostly all is done it the dark gray with no separation to look as if real effort was done to make this feel like a transformer by appearance. Last but not least is a randomly activated vehicle sound. Random because you don't have to do much but touch it and it makes this annoying sound. Hair trigger is an understatement. Rating this vehicle alone on a 1-10 scale I'd go 5 to 5.5

Scavenger (torso): To any that have seen the YouTube review, you know this guy is massive (bigger than leader class). Easily dwarfing the vehicle mode of ROTF Leader class Optimus Prime. It is represented as an excavator done in a burnt orange and white with gray painted windows, and dark gray faux treads (actual/typical tiny wheels that make it roll) and shovel. Highlighted is signs of a good paint job as the Decepticon logo is done in white along with the letters SCVNGR, which is done in an imperfect paint job as if this vehicle has been in use for a few jobs, and wear and tear have taken its effect on the paint job. Don't get me wrong for detailing, that is it The shovel itself has three (3) points of articulation. The shovel section, lower arm, and base to the arm that connects to the main vehicle. For a sandbox toy that you'd give to a 6 year old, that is awesome. The savvy collector I'd give it a nice grin. The main vehicle body is done in decent detail, where you can see simulated railings, gears, and a ladders for electrical access and a human operator. From a top view you are exposed to more detail which sadly stands out as the crown jewel of detail as far as Devastator as a whole goes. There is the presence of fans, vents, walkways and various other things you can expect to come across on a true to life construction vehicle. From the underside view you can't help but get this "HALLOW" feeling. Why? because that is just what it is. The underside is the resting place for Mixmaster in bot mode. I give this guy a 6.5 for his vehicle rating.

Scrapper (right arm): This is represented by a voyager class wheel loader, done in a mostly goldish yellow, with a large gold engine on the front end of the vehicle. This figure as well demonstrates detail of gears, hydraulics, stairs and hand rails with exhaust pipes towards the rear. On the large block engine is the Faction logo painted in silver, I'm gonna say this is nicely done overall until you get to the shovel. It has nice detail, but pulls a big zero in articulation. When in vehicle mode there is no pose-ability. I wish there were more to say of it, but that is about it for Scrapper. 4 for scrapper.

Hightower (left arm): Represented by a truss crane, done in solid happy meal toy yellow. I Can leave the review of this figure there, as you can expect no more, and probably get less. But I will not cheat it as so. The cabin for the figure is don in the same coldish yellow as Scrappers engine block with the painted windows in the same color as the other Constructicons. Also painted is the Decepticon logo near the rear. The choice of this particular vehicle is puzzling, cause the real life form has just as much detail. 2 rating for this guy.

Rampage (left leg): A yellow deluxe class bulldozer with amazing detail done in the same color yellow as Scrapper. Side by side comparisons put his vehicle mode on the level of the wave 1 deluxe class rampage with robot form minus rubber treads. Also unlike scrapper the shovel carries articulation in motion and paint scheme. There is the presence of a shadowed gray to represent a used dirty feel that you would normally see on a real life bulldozer. From the sides you can see the workings of an engine, vents, wires, and hydraulics. 6 rating for this con.

Long Haul (right leg): Green deluxe class dump truck with weathering/dirty shadowed gray toward the bottom of the load carrying portion of the truck. From the sides and front attention to detail was well thought out with railings, but poorly executed. The cabin portion of the cab the typical painted window detail with areas represented as the door and access panel, to the right of this there are formations of exhaust pipes and engine sections. Also is the Decepticon symbol to the front of the engine block. Missing from this is simple paint to show the all important definition of this vehicle. As for articulation in this mold.....It rolls! Alas it is a dump truck that instead of dumping debris, it just takes a dump. Long Haul earns a 3.

Now on to the bread an butter of this gift set......

Devastator: Skill level of this figure is said to be level 4 which is the highest rated of transformers. I know these rating are given out based on size, not actual effort. For the transformation sequence I've provided a pic of the instructions Devastator came along with. Sorry the scanner is incapacitated right now.

inst2.jpg

inst.jpg

This guy puts the term Hulking at a new level. The width of this guy is the equivalent of Leader class Optimus Prime, Megatron and Ironhide from shoulder to shoulder. Front to back this guy clears approximately 10 inches from face to "hump". Done in nice detail this form is easily gorilla like with the long bulky arms and shorter bent legs. To answer can he walk on all fours? Yes. Recommended? No. This form is definitely the saving grace of a seemingly lost cause. With the transformation of the limbs come a new level of detail that make the parts seem as if the went through some serious twisting and rearranging to reach this form. At glance you can no longer recognize the original vehicle forms of each construction vehicle. Robot mode is highly poseable with all joints capable of range of motion equivalent to a double jointed human. There is no lack of poses this figure can be put in. Note: due to the top heaviness, some positions may need additional support.

There are two (2) claw like hands consisting of three (3) fingers each that can open wide, but not truly grasp anything other than Autobot chassis to throw in the well represented Vortex Grindor, which can be activated by depressing the typical center mech alive button found in the center chest much like all movie leader class figures. Once activated you'll be treated to several sounds to the effect of the actual revving sounds of the suction device, phrases such as "crush Autobots", "I am Devastator", and the all too sinister laugh. He actually has more sounds than the box would lead to believe. The actual detail to this vortex grindor is amazing. Inside the mouth there is articulation representing a spiraling death device all throughout. It puts you in the mind of anything unfortunate enough to come into contact will be destroyed on contact. Also there are approximately 8 LED lights in the back of the mouth that flash and spin to enhance the grinding effect.

The face of this beast is also pretty accurate showing several green eyes (ten by my count). The main four also have the blinking LED effect. Also is the lower jaw shown in a 2 part mandible, much like the vampires in the Blade movies. When activated, the mouth opens wide enough to fit deluxe class Mudflap inside. Which I know will make for great gallery imagery. Detailed is the face with a mangled mass of light gray plastic with splashes of neon green paint. The length of the head which doubles as Mixmaster's cement barrel has folded back panels that expose the outer gears of the vortex grindor, with splashes of neon green paint as well which I'm guessing are to represent the oozing fluids of defeated foes. From the top and side views this guy look imposing and moderately cool. The back view gives you nothing more that a view of Scavenger's shovel and Mixmaster's cab. Sorry no wrecking balls of devastation.

What you get is 6 construction vehicles with lackluster detail and no individual robot modes that merge to form a 85% screen accurate Devastator. I would say 95%, but missing is the 7th Constructicon (the articulated dump truck). It goes as high as 85% because if you did see the movie you will know that the Constructicons that actually formed Devastator did not have individual robot forms. I'm guessing, based on their screen time, Hasbro might have a valid point with the lack of detail to the vehicles.

The overall impression that I am left with for the Devastator form is a strong 8 out of 10. The only things truly missing is the height, and the detailing that Leader class Optimus Prime carries in a paint job. To touch on the size, I'll say in a normal stance he is larger than Supreme class Animated Prime, but if you were to extend the legs straight he is actually taller than Unicron. Due to weight issue without a stand, he could never stay in this pose.

To wrap things up if you are a collector and want all figures represented in the movie, go out and get him, but wait for the inevitable price drop. The $99.99 price tag is definitely not warranted when given the lack of detail to the individual vehicle forms, but I would honestly jump at paying $59.99 for this guy.
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: Seibertron.com's gallery and review of ROTF Devastator

Postby Mach » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:09 pm

Motto: ""I am a Prime. I do not take orders from you!""
Awesome review. :APPLAUSE:

I think the paintwork is lacking. If i gonna get this, i will find someone to help me do repaint.
Repaint like below link help to improve the look of it a lot.
http://www.hk-tf.com/discuz/upload/view ... a=page%3D3
Mach
Gestalt
News Credits: 905
Strength: ???
Intelligence: ???
Speed: ???
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Postby Primus1101 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:44 pm

Motto: "Remember when that little girl mistook Ironhide for the tooth fairy? I make that look like fact!"
i'll either wait for it to go down or for the innevitable repaint.
Primus1101
Minibot
Watch Primus1101 on YouTube
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Courage: 5
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:03 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Great review. Not-so-great figure. I mean, I do want him, but this is just sad for a Movie/ROTF figure when compared to the other figures of the two movie toylines.

If he goes on clearance I'll jump at the chance to get him. But let me ask this. If Ultimate Bumblebee never went down passed $85 bucks, how do we know if Devy will go down further?
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 7

Postby UltraPrimal » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:10 pm

Motto: "Vote for Beast Wars!"
Weapon: Sword
So did you take out the batteries to do take the photos? From what I've seen, he really likes to talk.
UltraPrimal
Gestalt
News Credits: 32
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby cybertronslasthope » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:13 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Great review. Not-so-great figure. I mean, I do want him, but this is just sad for a Movie/ROTF figure when compared to the other figures of the two movie toylines.

If he goes on clearance I'll jump at the chance to get him. But let me ask this. If Ultimate Bumblebee never went down passed $85 bucks, how do we know if Devy will go down further?
damn what a crappy paint job. i had hopes it was going to look battle damaged like the repaint link posted. i agree on waiting for a price drop for this. :-(

dude im pissed, Ultimate Bumblebee sold out at my local target for 60 bucks. so yeah devy could see a price drop.
cybertronslasthope
Mini-Con

Postby rpetras » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:18 pm

Motto: "Know your enemy, then crush them."
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
Dammit!

Now I'm rethinking skipping this guy.

I'll go with a plan to wait for him to go on sale.

(man I have a weak will)
For Sale:
Classics Magnus/Skywarp 2 pack MIB
Classics Devastator MIP
HA Sideswipe K-Mart exclusive color Loose

Currently looking for:
ROTF Target exclusive Sideswipe from the 2-pack
TFCC Punch/Counterpunch
Alternity Primes, silver & white versions
(opened is OK, to be used for customs)

PM If interested
rpetras
City Commander
News Credits: 1
Strength: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby Lapse Of Reason » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:28 pm

Be careful with the electronics in Mixmaster. The wiring in mine broke 10 minutes after I got it.
Lapse Of Reason
Gestalt
News Credits: 10
Buy from Lapse Of Reason on eBay
Endurance: 10+

Postby Kuribohfett » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:29 pm

Got mine today too. Agree with some parts of the review, disagree with others. On the whole, I very much love this figure.

I do have to disagree with you on one thing though, I DO think it's worth the 100 bucks. This figure really feels something like something unique and special.

Is it worth the extra thirty I paid. Meh, not really. But oh well, what're you going to do?

I've been playing with Mixmaster for a couple of hours now, he's fine with me.
Image>
Kuribohfett
Mini-Con

Postby Heckfire » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:39 pm

Motto: "Nothing is impossible, just improbable."
Weapon: "Claw" Flame-Throwers
He looks cool, but not $100 cool...besides, I still have my G1 Devastator. I agree, if he goes down to about $60, then I'll get him, if only to feed the Legends Mudflap I get with "Fearswoop" *snrk* to.
"Grab a shovel, I'm one skull away from a Mouseketeer reunion." - Bender
"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy...all right, give me the bomb." —Ultra Magnus
You got WRECK-ROLLED!
Heckfire
Vehicon
Strength: 4
Speed: 5
Endurance: 4
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Postby Nemesis Rodimus » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:51 pm

Motto: ""I will do for Optimus Primal what Optimus Primal cannot do for himself.""
Weapon: Energon Cutlass
If he's anything like the Animated leaders, then when the next TF toyline comes out, this figure (which I predict will be a gigantic shelfwarmer) will be reduced from five to ten dollars. :) It happened with Bulkhead, Megatron, Shadow Blade Megs, and Ultra Magnus (my store [i]never[/i] got Roadbuster UM! What's up with that?) at Target.
Anyways, why didn't you review Mixmaster? He's one of the vehicles too, and yet I see no review of him! Other than that, cool review. WHAT? Scavenger's bigger than Leader OP???
I'll get him if he goes for $5.00-9.99, but other than that, not likely, unless it is a Christmas or B-day gift. :P
My fanfics:
Undercover: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=58744
Invasion: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=59170
Prison Break: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=60115
Battlefield Tactics: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=60115
Nemesis Rodimus
Fuzor
Speed: 9
Courage: 9
Skill: 7

Postby Nemesis Rodimus » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:55 pm

Motto: ""I will do for Optimus Primal what Optimus Primal cannot do for himself.""
Weapon: Energon Cutlass
EDIT: Never mind. Found the MM part.
My fanfics:
Undercover: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=58744
Invasion: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=59170
Prison Break: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=60115
Battlefield Tactics: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=60115
Nemesis Rodimus
Fuzor
Speed: 9

Postby Fires_Of_Inferno » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:31 pm

Motto: "Small things aren't worth being mad over."
Weapon: Venom Blaster
I've got to get this. I know people who would probably love to repaint him for me too, adding in the detail that he's missing and such. I would have no problem paying the full price for him either because he was my favorite decepticon since I was a kid.

Also, I KNOW a G1 colour repaint is going to be made available. The G1 style MixMaster forshadows it!
TheLocalBard! My Twitter account: https://twitter.com/TheLocalBard

Groovy
Fires_Of_Inferno
City Commander
News Credits: 18
Alt Mode: Transmetal Insect and Helicopter
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 3
Firepower: 3

Postby zebanshee » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:10 am

if i get him i will be repainting him i don't like that the Constructicon vehicle dont transform in to there robot modes and that Mixmaster is backwards on him in he movie his head is in the grill on Mixmaster
zebanshee
Mini-Con
News Credits: 2

Postby Superior Prime09 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:35 am

Motto: ""He leaked lubricant all over my foot.""
Weapon: Concussion Cannon
Kuribohfett wrote:Got mine today too. Agree with some parts of the review, disagree with others. On the whole, I very much love this figure.

I do have to disagree with you on one thing though, I DO think it's worth the 100 bucks. This figure really feels something like something unique and special.

Is it worth the extra thirty I paid. Meh, not really. But oh well, what're you going to do?

I've been playing with Mixmaster for a couple of hours now, he's fine with me.

I agree with you, I'll defenitly be getting him in the full price range. probaly won't be re-painting him (on account that I'm a horrible painter). But I want to at least get leader Jetfire first, then get ol Devz.
"Not a fan of TF: Animated, it's retarded and the style is crap. Anything to say about it?"
Superior Prime09
Micromaster
Strength: 5
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 5
Skill: 8

Postby Megatron Wolf » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:58 am

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Despite your awesome review i think im still gonna pass. I just dont like the look & i refuse to call this thing Devastator. Not to mention the pricetag is way to high. If i could find it for $20-$30 one day maybe id get it but as for now ill save my money.
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Speed: 8
Courage: 10

Postby Tyrannotaur » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:59 am

Motto: "What does not kill me makes me stronger."
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Really awesome. I wish he wasn't so expensive though. He is going on my "wait till later" list. I'm sure there will be a bunch left after christmas.

I wonder if Hasbro would release a G1 repaint. I doubt it since I don't know if this guy will sell very well.
Tyrannotaur
Vehicon
Speed: 6
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 8

Postby Lapse Of Reason » Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:51 am

I have the figure. Got it at BBTS for $110 or so. I would have paid $106 here with tax, so the BBTS markup was negligible. It shipped with a big pile o' loot, so shipping wasn't too bad either.

Is it worth $100? Probably not. But then again, I wanted it so it was worth it to me. It fits in with the few onscreen movie figures I am getting.

At about $13 for a deluxe now (estimating with tax), Devastator comes in at the price of about 8 deluxe figures. That's five Voyager size ($125) and one Ultra size ($35) figures you get with Devastator compared to 8 little figures ($104). The drawback is yes, those bigger figures don't transform and the paint apps suck. Honestly, when combined the paint apps look fine. The missing detail is most noticeable when you look at each individual figure uncombined.

Here is another comparison to ponder. Leader Prime weighs 1.25 pounds. Leader Megatron is 1.4 pounds Devastator weighs 4 pounds. That is about $34 per pound of plastic for the Leader figures compared to $25 per pound for Devastator. :lol:
Pound for pound, Devastator doesn't look to0 bad. I'm kidding with this comparison, but there is a hint of a point. Heft. Devastator is one solid, hefty Tonka truck of a figure. When you hold it you know where that money went.

Those waiting for a sale - great. I hope it happens. I won't regret it. In my years as a collector I have seen expensive figures bottom out and cheap figures skyrocket in collector's value. I have also seen large figures with smartly produced numbers sell out at their retail price point. Will Hasbro flood the market? If so, then you will probably see sales. If they are smart and produce a just right amount, then those sales may not be so plentiful (think Ultimate Bumblebee). It is hard to say what will happen with this set. BBTS is back-ordering them again, so the fact they sold their stock twice might indicate smaller deliveries.
Lapse Of Reason
Gestalt
News Credits: 10
Buy from Lapse Of Reason on eBay

Postby Warbreaker » Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:05 am

Motto: "Lines must be drawn. Limits must be defined."
Weapon: Air Concussion Cannon
Not bad for a first-time review, dahpadre. Just got my big guy this morning, I have to put in a few extra tips you missed out:

------------------------------------------------------------------

-Scrapper does have an articulated scoop - you have to disconnect his middle shovel segment from the bottom of his alt-mode to achieve this but it can be done pretty easily, and the connecting tab can be nicely folded out of the way. However in gestalt-mode, bringing the scoop-turned-fingers together is nearly impossible to achieve thanks to the front 2 wheels getting in the way (There's the option of switching the scoop arms on their ball joints - I haven't tried it myself though....).

-Although Devastator's lever-activated voice gimmicks are random, you can hold down his lever for a good second or two as a surefire method of getting his awesome Vortex Grinder noise (Sometimes followed up by Devastator saying something).

-Rampage has an impressive bit of detail - the spokes on his treads that become his back-legs in robot mode are included. It's a pity the others weren't given this sort of treatment to indicate any hint of their bot-modes (not that we've seen toys of Scrapper and Hightower though).

-It's not just Mixmaster, Devastator also has Motion-activated sounds, moving him occasionally causes laughing, stomping and other sounds. Feels rather appropriate if you ask me.

-The cavity that forms Devastator's Vortex Grinder is BIG - you could cram in roughly 3 legends-class autobots! Dangit, now I feel like getting me some of the miniature blighters (Alternatively, one Legends Mudflap will do just as nicely, though you won't catch me getting that ugly thing).

------------------------------------------------------------------

My opinion? Devastator is very, VERY impressive, but his alt-modes blow, especially Hightower's. What's "no robot mode" on Hightower's model sheet supposed to mean? No Bot-mode Hightower toy? ANSWER ME, HASBRO!!!! <furiously shakes monitor> I'd say to keep him in gestalt-mode, but there's no harm in splitting him down once in a while. Not enough paint? Well, I suppose I could try touching up the big guy with some paint later. His motion activated sounds gimmick is VERY nice, but it gets a tad overexcessive with Mixmaster alone. Nevertheless, after viewing galleries of EZ Devastator, I'd say Supreme makes a miles-better combiner, especially when most of the bot-modes in EZ are underpainted and butt-ugly(EZ Mixmaster's face is giving me that same feeling I had when I saw Skids and Mudflap's faces for the first time).

Oh, and Lapse Of Reason, after giving it some thought, I believe your Devastator's snapped wires may have been due to being cut too short. I've manhandled mine in a suicidal attempt to break the wires and the big guy's guffawing at my idiotic attempts to mute him.
Warbreaker
Fuzor
Skill: 6

Postby barricade2218 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:47 am

Motto: "To punish and enslave..."
I got mine in the first wave from BBTS and I have to agree with everyone else. There are only a few things I don't like about it- no robot modes, (although everyone knew that before it came out), the paint apps, and mostly the legs. They definately needed to be a little bigger and beefier like the other four pieces and be able to hold more than one pose. All in all I think he's really cool and I'm glad I didn't wait.
Given the size these will require on a retailers shelf, and the fact that this was made more for us fanboys rather than mom buying a $100 toy for junior, I don't think you will see a lot of them. It will be like Ultimate BB, a few here and there. I don't think Hasbro will over produce these and you will see them at a $50 price point on clearance. I recently saw them on e-bay going for over $225 when they first came out.

Considering the Legends Dev is over $50, I don't think the price is bad for what you are getting. Wait till they are in the secondary market exclusively, you'll wish you paid the $100.
barricade2218
Combiner
Buy from barricade2218 on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:22 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Oh, there's just one more thing I have to say about this figure:

2 Feet tall MY FOOT!
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438

Postby Warbreaker » Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:56 am

Motto: "Lines must be drawn. Limits must be defined."
Weapon: Air Concussion Cannon
While I'm at it...

The only prices I've seen so far on legends-class Devastator is just as much as, if not, MORE than the supreme-class Devastator, probably mostly because it's a Takara-manufactured product only until 2010 when Hasbro picks up the trail as well. I mean, $150 for 7 teeny underpainted, not-exactly-pretty bots that combine to a gestalt just barely taller than Deluxe-class Skids?

I paid $125.54 for a MASSIVE figure with 20 times more mass than that EZ thingy and I don't regret it at all.
Warbreaker
Fuzor
Skill: 6

Postby sideswipe98 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:16 am

wow.looks really cool.totally gonna get,it's totally worth 100 bucks like that guy who wrote before me.ow,i think i have a headache. :-(
sideswipe98
Mini-Con

Postby skywarp-2 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:50 am

this figure is too expensive for a Tonkaformer.. an on top of that, we get broken wiring, and a sond effect that just won't shut up? No thanks.. great review, great images taken in the seibertron gallery, as usual.. but as for the figure itself..

Not worth the cost..maybe takara Tomy will do something to this guy with paint apps.. but for a transformer to really be worth all that cost, they should have made the figures individually transform, whether in the movie or not..with some minor paint applications.. then this piece would have been a golden seller..

but I may not even buy it in a G-1 paint scheme either..

But I do see a resemblance between this Devastator and the Diaclone colored one.. if not very small..
http://1501bc.com/pretf/pictures/constr ... bo_1_6.jpg

I simpy just can't get past that it is just tonka trucks and machinery that turns into Devastator.. which belittles the entire purpose of the whole idea of what devastator means..

he's a bunch of constructicons that turn from vehicles to robots.. and with an added Bonus.. they happen to form a giant robot..

Hasbro skipped that and went straight to vehicles and giant gestalt.. which wasn't the point of devastator in the first place..

If it goes on clearance for 60.00 I'll buy it.. maybe.. but for the price it is set for right now, I'd rather buy a real masterpiece transformer..
"You Waste More energy with your mouth."
Check out My Deviant Art Page:
http://skywarp-2.deviantart.com/
http://capitalcomicsstudios.deviantart.com/
http://time-lord-rassilon.deviantart.com/
Check out my new Custom Transformers G-1 CCG! Updated! 07/21/2009!!!!
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/vi ... 27&t=56030
skywarp-2
Faction Commander
News Credits: 5

Postby LordBludgeon » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:40 pm

Motto: ""Fools! To a master of Metallikato, your clumsy attack is almost slow motion!""
Weapon: Energo-Sword
Thank you for the great review on Devastator and the individual vehicles.

and I also have a genral question:

Is the supreme class Devastator now available at major retailers? Ex: Wal-Mart, Toys"r"us, Etc...
LordBludgeon
Minibot
Alt Mode: Pretender
Strength: 6
Speed: 2

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #38 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (CA) Springer 210422B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #35 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 JUL210493 35A (CA) Samu (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #35 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #32 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 APR210678 32A (CA) Schoening (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #32 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #4 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Texeira (W) Salicrup 230915M"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #18 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #4 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 0723IM407 4B (CA) Diberkato (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #4 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers PRIME DIRECTIVE #3 Vol 1 Dreamwave Comics 2002 G1 Autobots Mini-Bot"
Transformers PRIME ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers SHATTERED GLASS II #4 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 SEP221750 4RI"
Transformers SHATT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS HEADMASTERS #3 Marvel Comics 1987 (A)Springer (W) Budiansky 230926A"
TRANSFORMERS HEADM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #45 Marvel Comics 1988 (W/CA) Budiansky (A) Delbo 231208A"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #4 2nd ptg Cvr A Megatron Image Comics 2024 0124IM894 (CA) Howard"
NEW!
TRANSFORMERS #4 2n ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers VALENTINE'S DAY SPECIAL RI 1:10 IDW Comics DEC190657 230124A"
Transformers VALEN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ALL HAIL MEGATRON #16 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2009 16RI (CA) Hutchison"
Transformers ALL H ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #34 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 JUN210495 34B (CA) Margevich (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #34 C ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Cogman" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers RID Combiner Force Warriors Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Strafe" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Turbo Changer Super Nova Action Figure" on AMAZON