This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

New Transformers Comic Book Series Page one!

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

New Transformers Comic Book Series Page one!

Postby Grifter Prime » Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:49 am

Weapon: Laser Rifle
Just browsing on comicbookmovie.com and found the first page to the new series in Nov!! Feachuring BREAKDOWN!! Nice FIG work, I'm starting to like this new look!

Grifter Prime
Fuzor
News Credits: 32
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

First page of idw's NEW Transformers "ongoing" comic series

Postby Dead Metal » Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:30 pm

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Seibertron.com member Grifter Prime has informed us that the site comicbookmovie.com has the first page for idw's new Transforemrs G1 ongoing comic series we reported earlier.
See the original posting by clicking the image.

Stay tuned to seibertron.com for all your Transformers related news!

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Re: New Transformers Comic Book Series Page one!

Postby Dead Metal » Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:32 pm

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
I want my G1 stuff to look like G1 and not Movieish just like I want my Movie stuff to look movieish, is that to much to ask for?

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Postby Primus1101 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:47 pm

Motto: "Remember when that little girl mistook Ironhide for the tooth fairy? I make that look like fact!"
Isn't that Alternators Mirage? But anyway, I don't really care. It's G1. G1 only interests me as a Classics-Universe-Whatever next toyline.
Primus1101
Minibot
Watch Primus1101 on YouTube
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 9
Courage: 5
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Postby Darth Bombshell » Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:54 pm

Motto: "Insanity is a state of mind, and I have a home there."
Weapon: Cerebro-Shell Launcher
Dead Metal wrote:I want my G1 stuff to look like G1 and not Movieish just like I want my Movie stuff to look movieish, is that to much to ask for?

Apparently, it is.

Primus1101 wrote:Isn't that Alternators Mirage?

No, it's Breakdown by way if Universe SideSunStreakerSwipe. The license plate is a dead giveaway.
Darth Bombshell
Gestalt
News Credits: 487
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby gingermoney » Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:56 pm

F%&K YEAH BREAKDOWN
gingermoney
Micromaster
News Credits: 1

Postby SkyRaider » Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:58 pm

Ugh. Don needs to go back to his old style ASAP; there s no reason to ruin awesome G1 designs with horrid Bay designs. And the colors are blah. My hopes are fading for this series already.
SkyRaider
Mini-Con

Postby Primus1101 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:59 pm

Motto: "Remember when that little girl mistook Ironhide for the tooth fairy? I make that look like fact!"
Primus1101 wrote:Isn't that Alternators Mirage?

No, it's Breakdown by way if Universe SideSunStreakerSwipe. The license plate is a dead giveaway.[/quote]

But I thought the leg design of the "Universe SideSunStreakerSwipe" mold was inspired by the Alternators Mirage leg design? :?
Primus1101
Minibot
Watch Primus1101 on YouTube
Speed: 4
Courage: 5
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Postby Jetstorm92210 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:04 pm

Weapon: Dual-Sonic Disrupter Gun
Coming soon, Animated movie-style, wait, It's already done! ROFT Lockdown.
Seriously, I want my G1 to stay G1, that guy hardly represents Brakedown, I even though he was Tracks until I saw his name on his "knees". Thanks IDW, first AHM, next this?!
Jetstorm92210
Fuzor
Strength: 6
Speed: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Tigertrack » Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:18 pm

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
I saw that clearly as Brakedown, before I saw the plate on his knees. Looks like Don is trying to force a little repaint on HASBRO... :D

I am sort of disappointed to not see Don's signature style on there. I look at my 20th anniversary G1 characters poster and think, man Don, I know you have better in you.

NOw, does this mean Menasor? More combiners? Hmmm...
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 8

Postby justynnbailey » Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:53 pm

I agree it looks to movie like....though I suppose we should be greatful that his face still looks like a face and not the garbage that the movie bots have on top of their necks....
justynnbailey
Minibot

Postby Skullgrin140 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:05 pm

It looks ok, although I think I might slide past this one. I have too many Transformers comics to read, its about time I had a little break from TF comics for a bit.
Skullgrin140
Brainmaster

Postby MYoung23 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:16 pm

Stunticons always get a thumbs up from me.
MYoung23
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3

Postby Brakethrough » Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:08 am

Not sure why people are saying this looks like the Movie. He's got pretty distinctive body parts and a pretty standard face. Looks good!
"A polar bear is dropkicked by a robot that turns into a police car."
Brakethrough
Targetmaster
News Credits: 1

Postby Tirade » Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:49 am

Weapon: Diffraction Sword
Dead Metal wrote:I want my G1 stuff to look like G1 and not Movieish just like I want my Movie stuff to look movieish, is that to much to ask for?

This basically sums it up for me. What the heck is going on over at IDW? They were doing fine until (from an art perspective) until this latest AHM coda crap. Don can do so much better.

brakethrough wrote:Not sure why people are saying this looks like the Movie. He's got pretty distinctive body parts and a pretty standard face. Looks good!

You obviously don't read many G1 based comics then. The latest offerings from IDW have been screaming "Movie" style. Sure, he has distinct body parts, but that face is atrocious. A dead giveaway for the recent "Movie" style G1. Just like Ironhide from AHM. These recent comics are NOT the G1 comics I've known and loved from IDW. This preview further confirms the disturbing "Movie" style trend in G1 comics. Total turnoff for me.
Tirade
Minibot
Buy from Tirade on eBay
Firepower: 5

Postby Trikeboy » Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:46 am

Get the gallows ready. I like the art. My favorite combiner team is the Stunticon's. Breakdown was instantly recognizable to me. I'm not disappointing that the G1 bodies aren't being used anymore because the vehicles are over 20 years old. Even in IDW the robots have a look that is reminiscint of G1 but they arent in G1 bodies.

I love G1 and read the comics however injecting a bit of realism into the robot modes isn't something to be scared of. Blocky armed characters was good for a Saturday morning cartoon in the 80's but they need upgrading. Look at the G1 skins in the Movie based games. They don't fit into the real world.
Watch the first of my youtube series, Friends Transform.

Trikeboy
Brainmaster
News Credits: 10

Postby Cyberstrike » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:52 am

Motto: "I don't lose, I CONQUER!"
Weapon: Electro-Sword
Tirade wrote:You obviously don't read many G1 based comics then. The latest offerings from IDW have been screaming "Movie" style. Sure, he has distinct body parts, but that face is atrocious. A dead giveaway for the recent "Movie" style G1. Just like Ironhide from AHM. These recent comics are NOT the G1 comics I've known and loved from IDW. This preview further confirms the disturbing "Movie" style trend in G1 comics. Total turnoff for me.

Considering that I have every Marvel US, Dreamwave, and 99% of Titan's Marvel UK TPBs .
I have read All Hail Megatron TPB vol. 1 and featured IDW's only time they ever did the classic G1 look as opposed to Furman's stories that featured the seekers as F-22 Raptors, Shockwave looking like a American football player, the Dinobots looking more like Maximals and Predacons, Hot Rod as sports car, and etc.

I'm sorry but you are IMHO dead wrong about this, because it is NOT the Bay movies seeping into G1 it's Classics 1 and Universe/Classics 2.0 seeping into IDW's G1 style which is pretty much what IDW has done since day 1, (and for the record I have no problem with it). So maybe you need to look like at some "G1" comics, because if you (or anyone else for that matter) can't see that then either you need glasses or you're just blind.
Cyberstrike
Headmaster
Watch Cyberstrike on YouTube
Intelligence: 9
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 8
Skill: 5

Postby Jayson26 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:22 pm

Breakdown at a facility in the desert? Either he was hiding from everything staring at him, or had a problem with his fuel pump and had to relieve himself, where some trucker threw their cigarette into it.

G1: Breakdown/SideSwipe mold, and less "Garbagfication" Robot mode
Movie: Optimus Prime Tires and Super detailed "Garbagfication"
Jayson26
Micromaster

Postby Black Bumblebee » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:59 am

Cyberstrike, you may have read the first Vol of AHM, but most people are referring to Don's take on G1 that appeared in the Coda (AHM 13) that was... well...

See for yourself:

If that doesn't say scary Bay-former inspired style, I don't know what does.
Visit http://www.youtube.com/user/Pepsimus to see the latest episodes of The War Within animated, adapted from the comic of the same name. Episodes 1 & 2 complete!
Black Bumblebee
Pretender
News Credits: 2
Buy from Black Bumblebee on eBay

Postby NuclearConvoy » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:40 am

I think this page looks better than what he did to Ironhide in the AHMCoda stuff, being that his face looks more connected to itself than poor Ironhide's did. Also, Ironhide looked like his head was tiny and his helmet huge in much of that Coda page shown in this thread, combine that with the massive amount of extra lines on his face and he looked really old. I think the problem with the Coda stuff is that there are too many needless extra lines that make characters look wrinkly and old. This pic of Brakedown seems to reign that in a bit, still looking movie inspired but less over-detailed.

I think Don just got tired of drawing things the same way all the time, then he tried Terminator for a while and realized he didn't have to draw robots in just a G1 style. The trick now is for him to find his footing and balance it out in a way that won't turn off a majority of whatever readership IDW has left after people bailed during AHM (which, IMO, had potential that was ruined by McCarthy having a horrible sense of pacing and a lack of ability to give enough detailed information to communicate the whole story. A 12 issue mini-series shouldn't require a set of 8 follow up stories to tell us how things happened and such, it also doesn't help that editorial didn't seem to have a firm grasp on continuity management considering the whole \sunstreaker headmaster stuff that was dealt with in Maximum Dinobots presents a much different approach to the issue than what was shown in AHM. Total mismanagement there, IMO)
NuclearConvoy
Godmaster
News Credits: 8

Postby Convotron » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:36 pm

Motto: "When in doubt, transform and roll out!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
I don't mind the art style so far. I'll have to read the entire issue before judging. I do prefer Don's more traditional Transformers style but I can understand that as an artist, he may want to explore other creative directions and stretch his artistic muscles. There's also the fact that the editorial department, normally at least, controls how the visuals are presented. If the powers that be want more modernized styles, that's what the artists do or they find another project to work on.
Toys for sale, S.H. Figuarts, Revoltech, Robot Damashii, Figma, and more!

Discounts for purchases of 3 items or more! See sales thread for details.

Never forget the Oath Sworn Through Courage!
Convotron
City Commander
News Credits: 2
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 9

Postby Tirade » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:17 pm

Weapon: Diffraction Sword
Black Bumblebee wrote:Cyberstrike, you may have read the first Vol of AHM, but most people are referring to Don's take on G1 that appeared in the Coda (AHM 13) that was... well...

See for yourself:

If that doesn't say scary Bay-former inspired style, I don't know what does.

Yep. This type of artwork was what I was referencing. That's Bay inspired TFs at their worst.

@Cyberstrike - You are dead wrong. This is NOW Bay-formers seeping into IDW. Before now? Sure, there wasn't a problem. IDW was Classics and Universe inspired. No big deal. Those designs actually hearken to the G1 era (as they should). If you can't see the Bay-formers infiltrating the G1 IDW comics, perhaps you are the one that is blind. I fully realize IDW has based their designs on Universe/Classics toys. That's not my beef.
Tirade
Minibot
Buy from Tirade on eBay
Firepower: 5

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SS-118 OPTIMUS PRIMAL Transformers Studio Series Leader Rise Beasts ROTB Takara"
NEW!
SS-118 OPTIMUS PRI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NOVAKANE Transformers Studio Series Core Class Terrorcon Hasbro 2023 New"
NEW!
NOVAKANE Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCRAPHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-24 Animated Movie Voyager 2024 New"
SCRAPHEAP Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "EXO-SUIT SPIKE WITWICKY Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class 2022 230131A"
EXO-SUIT SPIKE WIT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FRENZY (RED) Transformers Studio Series 86 SS-115 Core Takara Tomy 2024 New"
NEW!
FRENZY (RED) Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IRONHIDE Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class Hasbro 2023 New"
IRONHIDE Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KUP Transformers Studio Series 86-02 Animated Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
KUP Transformers S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NOAH DIAZ EXO-SUIT Transformers Studio Series Core Class DÍAZ Hasbro 2023 New"
NEW!
NOAH DIAZ EXO-SUIT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLURR Transformers Studio Series 86-03 Animated Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
BLURR Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Studio Series Gamer Edition +04 Voyager WFC IN-STOCK 08/08"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AIRAZOR Transformers Studio Series 97 Deluxe Rise Beasts ROTB Hasbro 2023 New"
AIRAZOR Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JOLT Transformers Studio Series 75 Deluxe ROTF Hasbro 2021 New"
JOLT Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KUP Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Studio Series 86-02 Hasbro 2022 New"
KUP Transformers B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LASERBEAK Transformers Studio Series Core Class Pink Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
LASERBEAK Transfor ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Autobot Hound" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers B1798AS0 Warpath Figure Combiner Wars" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Voyager Decepticon Nitro" on AMAZON