This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

The world's first Armada AND Minicon collection... has to go :-(

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: The world's first Armada AND Minicon collection... has to go :-(

Postby Jetstorm92210 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:09 pm

Weapon: Dual-Sonic Disrupter Gun
rikkomba, my friend, you have inspired me, once I get a job I'll complete Classics and Universe and then I'll start with Cybertron (damn Soundblaster). Awesome collection, :APPLAUSE:. I'm sure it will find a nice home.
Jetstorm92210
Fuzor
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Swiftpaw » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:08 pm

I can imagine how the poor guy must feel! I have 95% of what was released in the US for Beast Wars (I don't count exclusives though I have some so I can call it 'complete' as far as I care) and I know I'd hate to have to sell that.

That was fun, but after that, I stopped trying to collect -every-thing in a line, and focused on just getting one of every mold for the most part. I ocassionally go for completing certain subgroups though, like my set of Classics Seekers!
Recent Aquisitions:
RTS Special Ops Jazz
RTS Wreck-Gar
FP Warbot Defender
Generations Blurr
Swiftpaw
Vehicon

Postby lunglad » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:13 pm

i imagine that dude is feeling like hes lost a thousand dogs, putting that much time and effort into the collection and having to sack it all off. i mean, i've had to sack loads of things off to progress in adult life (apparantly) i just hope trannies will never be one of them. errrrmmmm i mean transformers. cough cough
lunglad
Mini-Con

Postby Editor » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:16 pm

Motto: ""I'm not even supposed to be here today!""
Weapon: Shotgun
That collection and that it's on the auction block is the sole reason I'll be buying a lotto ticket tonight. If I was to win big, i would buy that collection in an instant.
http://www.seibertron.com/heavymetalwar/team_view.php?id=27919
Once I ran an Anime festival with over 6,000 attendees. Now... not so much.
Editor
City Commander
News Credits: 9
Watch Editor on YouTube
Buy from Editor on eBay
Endurance: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 4
Skill: 6

Postby Megatron Wolf » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:34 pm

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Holy crap thats a lot of repaints. Main reason why ill never complete a toyline. Id rather have every mold then ever incarnation of a toy from a certain line. Still it is an impressive collection. My condolences for your loss. It really has to suck to put all that time and money into completing some thing you obviously love then have to sell it. But then again youll be 14k richer then you were. And it can always be redone later on in life. If you ask me it should be sold for 20k.
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Skill: 10

Postby -L- » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:29 pm

Rikkomba this is the most beautiful collection I have ever seen :D ! It's sad that you have to part with it though :( . I gotta ask from one Micron collector to another, Where did you find Deepdive? (submarine included in the "Giant Planet Min-con Team") Cause Ihave searched high and low for one but cant find him :'( If you could lend a Hand that'd be great! Those LD's must have cost you a fortune! it's amazing how many you have! must be the most LD's in one collection that I've seen! If you have an extra Deeppdive lying around I wouldn't complain if you wanted to eh get rid of it :3
-L-
Mini-Con

Postby Norcinu » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:51 pm

D8 Wow. Just, wow. The entire Armada collection, that’s just amazing. It’s sad that you have to part with it so best wishes to your new career and congratulations; your collection is truly amazing.

Also if you decide to sell anything separately, like just the Armada Starscream with Swindle for instance, let me know :grin:
I should've joined earier, now people think I'm a fledgling D:
Norcinu
Micromaster

Postby Blurrz » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:03 am

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
Ooh, the Auction is gone. Did it sell?
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Strength: 7
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Postby LiKwid » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:54 am

Motto: "When In doubt..Invert polarities!!!!"
Weapon: V-Lock Rifle, V-Lock Cannon
I've been checking on it as well..I'm thinking Rikko either had second thoughts or hes gonna break up the collection and sell it in peices..Personally that Shining Unicron is priceless..We would have to get to 5 digits alone to sell it .. I'm anxious to see what happened to auction though..
Counterpunch wrote:FP sure does provide some F'd up head.

Sell me your Beast wars stuff!!!!
Transformers Earth wars-SiNxBruticus
LiKwid
Gestalt
Buy from LiKwid on eBay
Strength: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 6

Postby Ultra Markus » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:06 am

Motto: "“You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.” - Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight"
Weapon: 16 Cannons
my dream would be to have the entire run of G1
I have a good chunk of it but still I want more
Ultra Markus
Gestalt
Alt Mode: the biggest baddest thing ever
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Firepower: 10

Postby alldarker » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:12 am

Motto: "Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici"
Weapon: Vibro-Force Gun
Blurrz wrote:Ooh, the Auction is gone. Did it sell?

No, it's still on e-Bay. Like rikkomba explained in an earlier post, he received a zero-feedback BIN bid which was probably less than serious, so he had to relist it.

So if you still want it, I'd say, good luck! To be honest, this is a whole lot more value for your buck than these would have been (no disrespect meant, BTW, I know the legendary status of these items)!

But like others have said to rikkomba: DO NOT SELL THESE. You will regret it, especially for this price. Just find another way, get a job, sell something else...
I'm so meta, even this acronym...
alldarker
Brainmaster
News Credits: 7
Buy from alldarker on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Endurance: 7
Skill: 9

Postby autobot-jolt » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:59 am

Motto: "Actions speak louder than words!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
wow. :shock:

that's an amazing collection, rikkomba. you must have worked very hard to achieve that collection. i hope that your collection goes to a good home.
AUTOBOT-JOLT
Image[/i]
autobot-jolt
Fuzor
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Skill: 9

Postby rikkomba » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:07 pm

Motto: "Till all are mine"
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
Mykltron wrote:Cancel the auction. You WILL regret selling these in the future. Box them up and send them by courier to wherever you are going or store them with a relative. You should at least keep the rare ones like lucky draws.

Well, as I managed to get to this level from August 2003 to October 2008, I guess I could do it again. And I would already know what to do and where to look for everything I am selling. An added value of this auction is the countless hours of online hunting that are gonna be spared to the new owner, as brilliantly stressed by Blurrz in its article.
rikkomba
Minibot
Buy from rikkomba on eBay
Alt Mode: Hunger

Postby rikkomba » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:17 pm

ausbot wrote:Want shining unicron, must sell kidney!

I didn't sell any kidney to get it. I just put some more strategy into my TF shopping ;-)
rikkomba
Minibot

Postby rikkomba » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:22 pm

Seibertron wrote:Very awesome collection ... it amazes me that I own so many Transformers yet there are still so many foreign exclusives that elude (and most likely will always elude) my massive 3,000+ Transformers collection. Would love to have that Lucky Draw Unicron in my collection. One day. Maybe. After Grand Maximus and the other Japanese exclusives are in my collection. And after I win the lotto. Which I don't play.

Best of luck to you with selling it. It's a shame that you are devaluing the collection so much by attempting to sell it as a lot instead of as individual pieces. You are eliminating a ton of potential buyers of these items who might be looking for some of the pieces you've got but can't afford the whole collection.

Thanks Ryan!
Well, I guess this collection's gallery would be a major asset to Seibertron. Maybe a group buy would achieve this, it would be really nice, actually. Grand Maximus is a very nice figure, but I guess LD Unicron is much harder to get, regardless of the price (a MISB Grand Maximus would ask for TWO kidneys I guess).

I know, I am indeed devaluing a lot these items... but I really had no time at all during last year to focus on selling my TFs, my graduation came first... and took all my time. But the main point is, the first reason why I had fun while collecting Armada and minicons was because I was BUILDING something. Brick after brick (no pun intended) I got all variants of each mold. This is the reason why now I feel that my collection makes sense only if you consider it as a whole. I am not proud of ust having Lucky Draw Unicron, Convoy and Jetfire: I am proud of having all existing versions of Unicron, Armada OP and Jetfire, including the rarest versions, the LDs. This is what makes me proud when looking at what I did. It's not "I have this and I am the coolest" but "wow, look at all of them together!". That's why I prefer to get less money rather than destroying what I created. If the new owner will dismantle everything it will be his problem, not mine: it will be just right so. 8)
rikkomba
Minibot

Postby bvzxa » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:22 pm

Motto: "Power flows to the one who knows how. Desire alone is not enough!!"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
rikkomba wrote:
ausbot wrote:Want shining unicron, must sell kidney!

I didn't sell any kidney to get it. I just put some more strategy into my TF shopping ;-)

:MINI: :MINI: Amazing collection. Man...I wanna say I hope your PhD pays off, becasue If you're making a bundle of cash, you'll have your stuff back in no time.

The best way to buy hard to find TF's is strategically...I'm doing that right now.

Good luck to you sir!!
For Transformer reviews go here
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxjhKsyGeEojzF_1gfC9yEg
For video games and transformers blog go here
http://greattransformersandvideogamesblog.blogspot.com/
bvzxa
Godmaster
News Credits: 3
Watch bvzxa on YouTube
Buy from bvzxa on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Firepower: 10

Postby rikkomba » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:25 pm

Jetstorm9221 wrote:rikkomba, my friend, you have inspired me, once I get a job I'll complete Classics and Universe and then I'll start with Cybertron (damn Soundblaster). Awesome collection, :APPLAUSE:. I'm sure it will find a nice home.
rikkomba
Minibot

Postby rikkomba » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:28 pm

Swiftpaw wrote:I can imagine how the poor guy must feel! I have 95% of what was released in the US for Beast Wars (I don't count exclusives though I have some so I can call it 'complete' as far as I care) and I know I'd hate to have to sell that.

That was fun, but after that, I stopped trying to collect -every-thing in a line, and focused on just getting one of every mold for the most part. I ocassionally go for completing certain subgroups though, like my set of Classics Seekers!

Just like me. From 2003 to end of 2005 I was collecting everything I liked from BW on, and I got a good 90% of BW. BM, RID, Armada, Energon and the Japanese series. Then I decided to focus on only one series, and I chose Armada, the series that got me into collecting TFs.
rikkomba
Minibot

Postby LiKwid » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:41 pm

Motto: "When In doubt..Invert polarities!!!!"
Weapon: V-Lock Rifle, V-Lock Cannon
Heck maybe Seibertron.com should buy the collection!! I'd be willing to pt up some cash!!! Would be one more thing the site has that no other one does :-B
Counterpunch wrote:FP sure does provide some F'd up head.

Sell me your Beast wars stuff!!!!
Transformers Earth wars-SiNxBruticus
LiKwid
Gestalt
Buy from LiKwid on eBay
Strength: 8
Speed: 5

Postby rikkomba » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:43 pm

lunglad wrote:i imagine that dude is feeling like hes lost a thousand dogs, putting that much time and effort into the collection and having to sack it all off. i mean, i've had to sack loads of things off to progress in adult life (apparantly) i just hope trannies will never be one of them. errrrmmmm i mean transformers. cough cough

Well, my priorities changed with time... and I am quitting TFs now that the time is right, not because of the money, not because my wife asked me to get rid of them. I consider myself a little lucky, for this.
rikkomba
Minibot

Postby rikkomba » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:45 pm

lunglad wrote:i imagine that dude is feeling like hes lost a thousand dogs, putting that much time and effort into the collection and having to sack it all off. i mean, i've had to sack loads of things off to progress in adult life (apparantly) i just hope trannies will never be one of them. errrrmmmm i mean transformers. cough cough

Well, my priorities changed with time... and I am quitting TFs now that the time is right, not because of the money, not because my wife asked me to get rid of them. I consider myself a little lucky, for this.
rikkomba
Minibot

Postby rikkomba » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:48 pm

Editor wrote:That collection and that it's on the auction block is the sole reason I'll be buying a lotto ticket tonight. If I was to win big, i would buy that collection in an instant.

I'm honored by your interest. Go for it, good luck!
rikkomba
Minibot

Postby rikkomba » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:58 pm

Megatron Wolf wrote:Holy crap thats a lot of repaints. Main reason why ill never complete a toyline. Id rather have every mold then ever incarnation of a toy from a certain line. Still it is an impressive collection. My condolences for your loss. It really has to suck to put all that time and money into completing some thing you obviously love then have to sell it. But then again youll be 14k richer then you were. And it can always be redone later on in life. If you ask me it should be sold for 20k.

Well, I guess that the average number of repaints for the items in my collection is 4 or 5 recolors per mold. I'm actually pissed off from the lack of nasty recolors of Armada Laserbeak, sigh.
You are right, I could get even a 50% more... selling all the items individually, I guess. But I have nor the will, neither the time to do so.
rikkomba
Minibot

Postby rikkomba » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:08 pm

Norcinu wrote:D8 Wow. Just, wow. The entire Armada collection, that’s just amazing. It’s sad that you have to part with it so best wishes to your new career and congratulations; your collection is truly amazing.

Also if you decide to sell anything separately, like just the Armada Starscream with Swindle for instance, let me know :grin:

Thanks Norcinu! As I wrote earlier, I don't plan to split the collection, but thanks anyway.

autobot-jolt wrote:wow. :shock:

that's an amazing collection, rikkomba. you must have worked very hard to achieve that collection. i hope that your collection goes to a good home.

Thanks for your understanding, Jolt! I hope that as well.
rikkomba
Minibot

Postby rikkomba » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:10 pm

-L- wrote:Rikkomba this is the most beautiful collection I have ever seen :D ! It's sad that you have to part with it though :( . I gotta ask from one Micron collector to another, Where did you find Deepdive? (submarine included in the "Giant Planet Min-con Team") Cause Ihave searched high and low for one but cant find him :'( If you could lend a Hand that'd be great! Those LD's must have cost you a fortune! it's amazing how many you have! must be the most LD's in one collection that I've seen! If you have an extra Deeppdive lying around I wouldn't complain if you wanted to eh get rid of it :3

Thanks a lot, Lawliet! Well... I just purchased the Giant Planet Team when it came out, of course. I have MANY minicon and micron team on ebay these days, so you could see if you can fill the holes in your collection like that. As for the LDs... there are people that only collect LDs, never heard of TF@themoon? ;-)
rikkomba
Minibot

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE #9 Cvr A IDW Comics 2020 MAR200812 9A (CA) Evenhuis (A) Kelly (W) Allor"
GI JOE #9 Cvr A ID ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #4 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 4E 0224IM259 (CA) Oliver"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #4 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #8 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 0224IM320 8A (A/CA) De Felici (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #8 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #2 Cvr D 1:50 Image Comics 2024 2E GI JOE 1123IM276 (CA) Dragotta"
DUKE #2 Cvr D 1:50 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE ORDER OF BATTLE #4 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Brown 220721A"
GI JOE ORDER OF BA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2023 APR238111 2D (CA) Darboe (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2023 1D GI JOE 1023IM262 (CA) Epting"
DUKE #1 Cvr D 1:25 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 0923IM467 6D (CA) Darboe (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #3 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2024 3E GI JOE 1223IM275 (CA) Kerschl"
NEW!
DUKE #3 Cvr E 1:50 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #1 2nd ptg Cvr B Lord Golobulus Image Comics 1223IM856 Howard"
COBRA COMMANDER #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #1 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 1B 1123IM198 (CA) Aja (W) Williamson"
COBRA COMMANDER #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 APR238109 2B (CA) Robles (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #301 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 301B 0923IM336 (CA)Kubert"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #3 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 3A GI JOE 1223IM271 (A/CA) Reilly (W) WIlliamson"
NEW!
DUKE #3 Cvr A Imag ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Breakdown Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dreadwind" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Alpha Trion Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Skywarp Action Figure" on AMAZON