This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Andrew Wildman to return to Transformers Comics for IDW

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Andrew Wildman to return to Transformers Comics for IDW

Postby First Gen » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:20 am

Motto: "Til All Are One."
Weapon: Dual Laser Cannon
Artist Andrew Wildman, once known for his works in the Transformers franchise, has made an announcement that may have Tranformers/ IDW Comics fans jumping for joy.

Mr. Wildman has updated his Twitter account with a simple statement that tells his tale:

Just been commissioned to do a series of six Transformers covers for IDW. Iconic ones. Cool. Might as well go out with a bang ;-)

Iconic? Could this be another series of Spotlight comics that have a correlating connected cover set as the "Revelation" series? Let us know what you think by clicking Discuss this topic above.
newsig by sserrano03, on Flickr

http://forallmankind.wordpress.com/

Follow me on Twitter, unlike most, I'm interesting :)

Http://twitter.com/stevenrocks5937
First Gen
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1014
Watch First Gen on YouTube
Buy from First Gen on eBay
Alt Mode: A Truck
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Re: Andrew Wildman to return to Transformers Comics for IDW

Postby Fearing » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:07 am

Go out with a bang? Is he retiring? Are they cancelling the comics? So confused.
Fearing
Mini-Con

Postby NuclearConvoy » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:09 pm

Man, this is a mixed bag. I love Wildman's art, but the "going out" thing has me thinking we'll not see his art again past these six covers...I have been wanting to see him on interiors with IDW.
NuclearConvoy
Godmaster
News Credits: 8

Postby Discosis » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:12 pm

I loved AW's work back in the original Marvel UK/US stories. I'd also like to see him do full issues.

So can someone find out what "going out with a bang" means please??
Discosis
Mini-Con

Postby Supreme Convoy » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:04 am

When he says iconic, I'm guessing they might be iconic Transformers covers?
Supreme Convoy
Gestalt
News Credits: 34

Postby TechnoSeeds » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:46 pm

I remember that he did a lot of the gi joe covers when I had a subscription (original run).
TechnoSeeds
Mini-Con

Andrew Wildman gives details on his return to Transformers Comics

Postby First Gen » Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:08 pm

Transformers Artist Andrew Wildman has updated his personal blog, Wildwords, with a few details on his upcoming return, and maybe final farewell, to the Transformers Universe via 6 covers for upcoming IDW Publishing releases.

In the update, he gives us an idea of what to expect from the newest artwork he's providing. Here's what he had to share:

Some of you may know that I am doing a series of six TRANSFORMERS covers for IDW. Got them all sketched out and am waiting for some feedback. The finish on these is going to be a little different than usual. A bit more like the finish I used on the Grimlock illustration commissioned for AUTO ASSEMBLY, the UK Transformers comic convention. I will be going to full colour with these so will put something up as they are done, thats if IDW will let me *wink*.

The Auto Assembly 2009 Cover

Keep your optics locked, right here at Seibertron.com your Ultimate Transformers Resource.

First Gen
Faction Commander

Postby WhiteRabbit » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:52 pm

Uh guys, that AHM13 Auto Assembly cover is by NICK ROCHE.

First crediting the Shout Factory DVD art to Guido (it's Andrew Griffith's) without correcting it, and now this? Don't make me take them Botcon awards away. ;)
WhiteRabbit
Vehicon
News Credits: 156

Postby Marcdachamp » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:18 am

Where does it say anything about this being his final work?
Marcdachamp
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 1

Postby First Gen » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:29 am

WhiteRabbit wrote:Uh guys, that AHM13 Auto Assembly cover is by NICK ROCHE.

First crediting the Shout Factory DVD art to Guido (it's Andrew Griffith's) without correcting it, and now this? Don't make me take them Botcon awards away. ;)

Holy crap, I flippin' knew that too. What Grimlock is he talking about then? Was it a sketch only available at AA? Anyone who could help with this it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the obvious correction Rabbit, I appreciate you looking out for us. :wink:

First Gen
Faction Commander

Postby Dead Metal » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:57 pm

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
First Gen wrote:
WhiteRabbit wrote:Uh guys, that AHM13 Auto Assembly cover is by NICK ROCHE.

Holy crap, I flippin' knew that too. What Grimlock is he talking about then? Was it a sketch only available at AA? Anyone who could help with this it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the obvious correction Rabbit, I appreciate you looking out for us. :wink:

He means this it's an exclusive postcard and was used for some of the AA passes and yes I have the postcard and got it signed by Gregg Berger.
Attachments
Grimlock_Colour_low.jpg

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #8 Cvr I 1:10 AF Dynamite Comics 2023 MAY230551 8I (CA) Kambadais"
GARGOYLES #8 Cvr I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars BOUNTY HUNTERS #21 Lucasfilm Marvel Comics 2022 JAN221009 (CA) Sprouse"
Star Wars BOUNTY H ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STAR WARS HIGH REPUBLIC ADVENTURES #9 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 9RI (CA) Levens"
STAR WARS HIGH REP ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STAR TREK #15 Cvr B IDW Comics 2023 OCT231332 15B (CA) Fenoglio (W) Kelly"
STAR TREK #15 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #1 Cvr C Dynamite Comics 2023 MAY230475 1C (CA) Andolfo"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STAR WARS #30 var Attack Clones AOTC Marvel Comics 2023 OCT221172 (CA) Wijngaard"
STAR WARS #30 var ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STAR TREK #8 Cvr B IDW Comics 2023 MAR231621 8B (CA) Wijngaard"
STAR TREK #8 Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars HIDDEN EMPIRE #1 1:25 Marvel Comics 2022 SEP221076 (CA) Lopez 221129A"
Star Wars HIDDEN E ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #3 Cvr P 1:30 Dynamite Comics 2023 JUL230293 3P (CA) Danino"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #1 Cvr H 1:10 Dynamite Comics 2023 MAY230480 1H (CA) Lee"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars HIGH REPUBLIC ADVENTURES Phase III #4 Cvr A Dark Horse Comics 2024 4A"
NEW!
Star Wars HIGH REP ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #5 Cvr H 1:10 Dynamite Comics Disney FEB230519 5H (CA) Conner"
GARGOYLES #5 Cvr H ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars EMPIRE #1 var Marvel Comics 2023 APR230887 (CA) Reilly (W) Houser"
Star Wars EMPIRE # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #5 Cvr D Dynamite Comics 2024 SEP230246 5D (CA) Danino"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Titans Return Soundwave and Soundblaster" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Crashbash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 8 Newman Action Figure" on AMAZON