This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transtopia art challenge September 2009 results

Got a great pic of G1 Op or BW Megs? Whether it's 2-D or 3-D it's welcome as is any other form of art outside the custom figure world.

Transtopia art challenge September 2009 results

Postby Dead Metal » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:27 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
The results for this month's art challenge are in. Sadly there where only 3 pieces submitted but they where all grate.
The judges have cast their decision:

Cliffjumper Prime for his version of Marvel comics The Transformers #1 page 3:

For comparison the original:

nperugini for his version of Marvel comics Transformers Generation 2 US #1 page 33:

For comparison the original:

And now we come to

Storm Shadow ROC for his version of Marvel comics The Transformers US #27 page 19.

The original for comparison:

We also had a late entries that sadly missed the deadline but the art is still awesome so be sure to checkout the entries thread by clicking here!

So now Storm Shadow ROC may decide the subject of the October art challenge, just pm Dead Metal or post in the thread Storm Shadow ROC.

The next contest starts on the 1. of October so see you then!

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Re: Transtopia art challenge September 2009 results

Postby Blurrz » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:54 am

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
Wonderful art by everyone!!
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Postby originaldave77 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:08 am

Motto: "Each risk is one less regret"
Weapon: Gyro-Inhibitor Shell Launcher
Great job by these artists!
The offered prize wasn't adequate enough to draw more entries, IMHO. If you compare to Josh Nizzy's recent 'design a movie transformer' contest at TFW2005, which offered 3 top prizes of books and numerous TF:ROTF toys. The contest drew dozens of amazing entries (trying to find the thread of where they are...no luck at the moment).
originaldave77
Minibot
Speed: 4
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby tarZen » Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:38 am

Wow! These are really GRATE!
tarZen
Mini-Con

Postby Dead Metal » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:09 am

originaldave77 wrote:Great job by these artists!
The offered prize wasn't adequate enough to draw more entries, IMHO. If you compare to Josh Nizzy's recent 'design a movie transformer' contest at TFW2005, which offered 3 top prizes of books and numerous TF:ROTF toys. The contest drew dozens of amazing entries (trying to find the thread of where they are...no luck at the moment).

It wasn't a contest, it was a challenge. If it where a contest it would have had prizes.

Intah-wib-buls?

Dead Metal
God Of Transformers

Postby originaldave77 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:03 am

Motto: "Each risk is one less regret"
Weapon: Gyro-Inhibitor Shell Launcher
Okay, the Challenge had inadequate incentive to participate. Prizes? Not a big deal. Maybe if my entry was used in a high-profile manner, or got my foot in the door with IDW. Something other than a sig. Congrats to those who won by default.
originaldave77
Minibot
Speed: 4
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby Dead Metal » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:16 am

originaldave77 wrote:Okay, the Challenge had inadequate incentive to participate. Prizes? Not a big deal. Maybe if my entry was used in a high-profile manner, or got my foot in the door with IDW. Something other than a sig. Congrats to those who won by default.

I don't see your problem, all I wanted to do was revive the old challenges we used to make and back then we didn't even have a sig or something we just did it for fun and to prove ourselves.
And anything can get your foot into idw or any other comic publisher there is, just by drawing and getting your art out there anything you can show and put into your portfolio can help you.
That's how Don and most other fans gone official made it so yea Roche harassed idw but he too took part in the online community and projects to get his art out there.
And I have plans for this challenge that it does become more of a contest over time.

Intah-wib-buls?

Dead Metal
God Of Transformers

Postby Convotron » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:46 am

Motto: "When in doubt, transform and roll out!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Great work by all participants! :APPLAUSE:

I love the way that the original pages look beside the new interpretations. Excellent stuff!
Toys for sale, S.H. Figuarts, Revoltech, Robot Damashii, Figma, and more!

Discounts for purchases of 3 items or more! See sales thread for details.

Never forget the Oath Sworn Through Courage!
Convotron
City Commander
News Credits: 2
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Postby Oilspill » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:47 am

Man that's amazing work by all entrants. This would be a great idea to have as a semi-regular event.

Makes me wish I could draw better :P
Oilspill
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 5

Postby Sgt. Prime » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:28 am

Hey originaldave77,
Instead of complaining adout something that you didn't even participate in, why not give suggestions on ways to make it more appealing, so that more people would enter. And what makes you think that if you did enter, that you would win to get a prize, if one was offered, anyway. I mean, enter, and win 1st place, and do it for the pride and bragging rights, or keep the negative comments to yourself.
Sgt. Prime
Mini-Con

Return to Fan Artwork

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #8 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Bright (W) Budiansky 230915Z"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ROBOTS IN DISGUISE #45 RE Acme IDW Comics 2015 (CA) Coller"
Transformers ROBOT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #39 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 NOV210457 39RI (CA) Shepherd"
TRANSFORMERS #39 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Fan Book 2021 with OPTIMUS PRIME + BUMBLEBEE Legion Figures Takara"
Transformers Fan B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #35 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 JUL210493 35A (CA) Samu (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #35 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #2 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 JAN210498 2A (A/CA) Burcham"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #7 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 Skybound 0224IM313 7A (CA) Johnson"
NEW!
TRANSFORMERS #7 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #15 Cover A IDW Comics 2020 BOLD NEW ERA 15A (CA) Perez SEP190683"
TRANSFORMERS #15 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS HEADMASTERS #3 Marvel Comics 1987 (A)Springer (W) Budiansky 230926B"
TRANSFORMERS HEADM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #13 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 DEC210545 13RI (CA) Griffin"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers LAST BOT STANDING #1 Cvr D IDW Comics 2022 FEB229538 1D (CA) Knott"
Transformers LAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Wreckers TREAD & CIRCUITS #4 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 4A (CA) Lawrence"
Transformers Wreck ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #39 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (A/CA) Delbo 231010R"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers MOVIE PREQUEL #1 Cvr A B&W IDW Comics 2007 1A (CA) Figeruoa 230323A"
Transformers MOVIE ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force 1-Step Changer Soundwave" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Chaos on Velocitron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Legion Autobot Twinferno" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Clobber" on AMAZON