This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

review of PP01B

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

review of PP01B

Postby s250 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:13 am

just got on testshot of PP01B,keep in mind,this is only testshot,and no paint,the final product may vary
Attachments
10.jpg
heel details
09.jpg
elbow details
08.jpg
leg details
07.jpg
communicator details
06.jpg
knee details
05.jpg
modified chest windows that makes windows close very tidy
04.jpg
03.jpg
02.jpg
package back
01.jpg
s250
Minibot
News Credits: 108

Re: review of PP01B

Postby s250 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:18 am

more pics
Attachments
19.jpg
with Morphknight,animated arcee
21.jpg
21.jpg (22.87 KiB) Viewed 14868 times
20.jpg
full articulation hand
20.jpg (28.37 KiB) Viewed 14869 times
15.jpg
14.jpg
accessories.
13.jpg
12.jpg
11.jpg
s250
Minibot

Postby s250 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:23 am

conclusion
removed led system,and no die-cast parts.all of the rest same as original size,but much light than the original one,better for play.
but the full articulation hands are too small,fingers easy to off,maybe the final product will fix this problem

much better than what I expected.
s250
Minibot

New images of i-Gears PP01B (Black mini Master Piece Optimus Prime)

Postby Dead Metal » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:30 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Seibertron.com member s250 has received a test-shot of the upcoming black version of i-Gears "Faith Leader", a downsized Master Piece Optimus Prime/Convoy.
Keep in mind that this is just a test-shot and has no paint-aps, which the final version will have.

s250 also shared a few words on the figure itself:
The the figure does not have the LED to light up the Matrix
The figure is made completely of plastic and features no Die-cast
The figure poses much better than the original MP Convoy
The extra set of articulated hands are too small and the fingers pop off easily, it is unknown if this stays true for the final version.

To see all images just click the "discus" button.

Stay tuned to seibertron.com for all your Transformers related news!

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Postby Dead Metal » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:34 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
I hate to say this but I'm really liking this thing, but it's just too expensive for me right now, especially since I have the full sized one, well not the Nemesis one but still.
I'll wait and see how the final version turns out quality wise.

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Postby mitchsantona » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:56 am

Weapon: Crossbow
That looks really cool and I would probably get it if I didnt have to return my I-Gear Ark due to terrible, horrible, ridiculous quality issues. They couldn't get stationary pieces to fit together, what's going to happen with this?
mitchsantona
Minibot
News Credits: 12
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Postby rpetras » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:07 am

Motto: "Know your enemy, then crush them."
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
mitchsantona wrote:That looks really cool and I would probably get it if I didnt have to return my I-Gear Ark due to terrible, horrible, ridiculous quality issues. They couldn't get stationary pieces to fit together, what's going to happen with this?

That's a shame, I'm loving my Ark setup!
I'm considering putting in working screens :grin:

I can't WAIT for these guys to come in!!!!
For Sale:
Classics Magnus/Skywarp 2 pack MIB
Classics Devastator MIP
HA Sideswipe K-Mart exclusive color Loose

Currently looking for:
ROTF Target exclusive Sideswipe from the 2-pack
TFCC Punch/Counterpunch
Alternity Primes, silver & white versions
(opened is OK, to be used for customs)

PM If interested
rpetras
City Commander
News Credits: 1
Strength: 9
Speed: 4
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby --B-- » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:14 am

Motto: "Doing things my own way and never giving up!"
If I had unlimited funds, this would be bought, but as such, it's a pass. I'd rather get the bruticus upgrades.
Check out my sales thread, plenty of Generations, and Reveal the Shield figures for sale!!

generations-rts-deluxes-scouts-and-legends-along-with-voyager-lugnut-for-sale-t78434.php
--B--
Gestalt
News Credits: 5
Buy from --B-- on eBay

Postby Naked Magnus » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:45 am

mitchsantona wrote:That looks really cool and I would probably get it if I didnt have to return my I-Gear Ark due to terrible, horrible, ridiculous quality issues. They couldn't get stationary pieces to fit together, what's going to happen with this?

No Kidding! I ended up mounting the back wall and the floor to foam core just to get the damn tiles to stay in place. I read that some people glued six tiles together, since six connected tiles still fit into the box. Seems like a good solution. Once it is in-place, it is beautiful. I give it an A- for artistic beauty and a D- for engineering. I can only speculate that the prototype was made from a different plastic and they never tested a version of the final production run.
Formerly known as "revengeofstarscream"
Naked Magnus
Headmaster Jr

Postby DevastaTTor » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:22 pm

So tempted to buy this... but at this price and with little or no recourse, it's not worth the risk give their potential for bad quality.
Check out my BST Sales Thread HERE!

Equal Opportunity Transforming Robot Collector
DevastaTTor
Gestalt
News Credits: 198

Postby ang3l3s » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:30 pm

I too will wait for a review and if there are no teal apps than forget it.

Sale thread:http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/items-sale-trade/323806-ang3l3s-plastic-crack-sale.html

FEEDBACK:http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=21543&highlight=ANG3l3s
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/junkion-e ... g3l3s.html
ang3l3s
Vehicon

Postby HECTOR » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:11 pm

Hey s250,
will this guy work with FansProject's G3 trailer? The hitch obviously won't but that can be fixed. Can it's truck mode fit under the G3 properly?
HECTOR
Micromaster

Postby Mindmaster » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:00 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Too bad I don't have the money to purchase this awesome figure! :lol:
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby 0ptimus Prime » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:02 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
Weapon: Laser Rifle
For everyone using The Ark as their reason for not getting this:

This is NOT made by i-Gear! i-Gear is just the distributer! While I had the same issues with my Ark that many of you had, that was what was keeping me from getting this too. UNTIL I noticed that it ISN'T an i-Gear creation. I'm thinking (with fingers crossed) that this is going to be a higher quality item that i-Gear is using to try and get a better name for themselves quality wise. So far I think it looks great and I'm glad I ordered one. I just received an email from i-Gear that the regular "Faith" version (that I ordered) will be shipping on April 7th, so I'll let you know!
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."

PSN ID:OptimusPrime-74
0ptimus Prime
Micromaster
News Credits: 2
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Skill: 10

Postby RK_Striker_JK_5 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:08 pm

Motto: "'Til All are One!"
Weapon: Electron Gun
I had to also glue my Ark floors and walls together... as well as the damned stickers, too. :-x It looks cool and is great for a playset with my Classics/Universe figures... but it was just ridiculous assembling.

I also had to glue down the consoles. Come on, some tabs couldn't be put into them??
Not caring about scale since 1984. Just like Hasbro.
RK_Striker_JK_5
Faction Commander
Strength: 4
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 6

Postby Blurrz » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:17 pm

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
If only the real MP-01B Masterpiece Black Convoy wasn't the exact same price as this...minus well go for the real thing
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Postby Torneira » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:18 pm

I am getting mini MP Prime for sure. But this one I'll pass.
I already have the takara version black convoy and Prime.
I hope that maby another party, maby like CrazyDevy could make a new headmold where the eyes could light up? Would be a cool feature.

Oh yeah and I have made this myself, a repaint of Universe Deluxe Prime :)

(first time, need to do the eyes red, this is just a prototype as well)
Attachments
BILD0365.JPG
Torneira
Fuzor
News Credits: 3

Postby DevastaTTor » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:48 pm

0ptimus Prime wrote:For everyone using The Ark as their reason for not getting this:

This is NOT made by i-Gear! i-Gear is just the distributer! While I had the same issues with my Ark that many of you had, that was what was keeping me from getting this too. UNTIL I noticed that it ISN'T an i-Gear creation. I'm thinking (with fingers crossed) that this is going to be a higher quality item that i-Gear is using to try and get a better name for themselves quality wise. So far I think it looks great and I'm glad I ordered one. I just received an email from i-Gear that the regular "Faith" version (that I ordered) will be shipping on April 7th, so I'll let you know!

For some reason, I find it really hard to believe they're just the distributer.

If I were making a blatant rip-off of the original, just rescaled, I'd probably claim that I was just the distributer too.
Check out my BST Sales Thread HERE!

Equal Opportunity Transforming Robot Collector
DevastaTTor
Gestalt
News Credits: 198

Postby JRFitzpatrick7 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:23 pm

Motto: "It is an unfortunate fact that we can secure peace only by preparing for war."
Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
Can't freaking wait for these! I have the set ordered I'll open Faith for (dis)play and keep the others in there tombs. If "Faith" is quality I'll order another to keep in his box. Can't freaking wait!
Seibertron wrote:

Seibertron.com is a Transformers fansite. It is not a fansite about 3rd party products. I do NOT care for 3rd party products. I am TIRED of seeing the stuff here on this site. That's all it comes down to.

JRFitzpatrick7
Headmaster Jr
Buy from JRFitzpatrick7 on eBay
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby Jenus » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:56 am

Motto: ""Advice is a privilege not a right.""
Weapon: Neptune Sword
So this guy being $80 and the Prime being $95 does that mean prime will have die cast or does anyone have a clue in the price difference I'm just still confused by it.
"Credit goes to Samsonator for this awesome sig"
Jenus
Vehicon
News Credits: 6
Buy from Jenus on eBay
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Courage: 6
Skill: 8

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #65 Cvr B IDW Comics 2023 JUL231207 65B (CA) Lide"
SONIC THE HEDGEHOG ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #7 Cvr Q LTD Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney APR230465 7Q (CA) Nakayama"
NEW!
GARGOYLES #7 Cvr Q ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars DOCTOR APHRA #16 Marvel Comics 2021 SEP211021 (CA) Pichelli (W) Wong"
Star Wars DOCTOR A ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STAR TREK DEFIANT #3 Cvr C IDW Comics MAR231634 3C (CA) De Martinis (W) Cantwell"
STAR TREK DEFIANT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STAR WARS DARTH VADER #16 blueprint Marvel Comics 2021 JUL210756 (CA) Villanelli"
STAR WARS DARTH VA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #1 Cvr P 1:75 B&W Dynamite Comics 2022 Disney OCT220557 1P (CA) Conner"
GARGOYLES #1 Cvr P ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars HIDDEN EMPIRE #3 var game Marvel Comics NOV221034 (CA) Estephane"
Star Wars HIDDEN E ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars MANDALORIAN #5 Marvel Comics 2022 SEP221093 (CA) Noto"
Star Wars MANDALOR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars BOUNTY HUNTERS #5 ESB variant Marvel Comics 2020 APR201050 (CA)Sprouse"
Star Wars BOUNTY H ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #3 Cvr A Dynamite Comics 2023 JUL230278 3A (CA) Crain"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #8 Cvr H 1:10 Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney MAY230550 8H (CA) Nakayama"
GARGOYLES #8 Cvr H ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STAR TREK HOLO-WEEN #4 Cvr C 1:10 IDW Comics 2023 AUG231404 4C (CA) Francavilla"
STAR TREK HOLO-WEE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Trek DS9 DOG WAR #5 Cvr B IDW Comics MAY231394 5B (CA) Photo (W) Chen"
Star Trek DS9 DOG ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STAR WARS #19 Marvel Comics 2021 SEP211017 (CA) Pagulayan (W) Soule (A)Castiello"
STAR WARS #19 Marv ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 03 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Crowbar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Decepticon Viper Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 06 Voyager Class Movie 1 Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Liege Maximo Prime Master" on AMAZON