This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Quick reviews: HFTD Scout Hubcap & Deluxe Ironhide

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Quick reviews: HFTD Scout Hubcap & Deluxe Ironhide

Postby Pascal » Thu May 06, 2010 5:18 am

HUBCAP

-cool retro alt mode
-nice shade of red and silver paint apps (could easily have been left grey)
-very basic transformation (see Optibotimus' video on Youtube)
-good range of articulation (but no wrist articulation unlike Breakdown or Detour)
-feet are empty on the bottom and feel a bit cheap
-would have been cool if the arms panels could have folded in half like on Scattershot
-all in all, maybe not the best or most spectacular movie 2 scout out there but still pretty solid

IRONHIDE

-very, very, very nice truck mode with no obvious robot parts other than the huge feet sticking out from under the rear of the truck (not any worse than on Deluxe Ratchet though)
-tricky transformation, as complex if not more than on the voyager version
-some creative solutions on how to close the back (2 panels), hide the wheels (2 under the feet, 2 angled under the chest), hide the smokestacks, etc.
-a bit stubby for a deluxe (Bumblebee is much taller in comparison)
-elbows sit very high up on the arms
-knees also sit fairly high up on the legs
-some nice silver, bronze and blue-ish grey paint apps showing up in robot mode
-leg kibble (hip panels, upper lower leg panels, truck rear halves behind the lower legs... all can be positionned to your liking though
-nice little drone that turns into a cannon and that can also be stored inside the truck in alt mode thanks to that neat right cannon that split open to make room for it!
-clear blue windows (would have been easy to be lazy and just paint them over black plastic)
-movie accurate head (similar to the one found on the newer versions of Voyager Ironhide)
-good articulation overall, even has ankle swivels (no waist though)
-very nice toy overall, once you get a feel for the transformation, you'll love it (if you don't mind scale issues!)
Pascal
Minibot
News Credits: 6

Re: Quick reviews: HFTD Scout Hubcap & Deluxe Ironhide

Postby Pascal » Thu May 06, 2010 5:19 am

Hubcap

Pascal
Minibot

Postby Pascal » Thu May 06, 2010 5:20 am

Ironhide (truck mode)

Pascal
Minibot

Postby Pascal » Thu May 06, 2010 5:22 am

Ironhide (robot mode)

Pascal
Minibot

Postby Razorclaw0000 » Thu May 06, 2010 7:22 am

Motto: "Know that I am Razorclaw, that my reality is not yours, and while I share Tigerhawk's dual Spark and Vok heritage...
I am NOT he!"
Weapon: Ion Particle Blaster
Our very own member Pascal has posted some first impressions and mini gallery for upcoming Hunt for the Decepticons Scout Hubcap:

Pascal wrote:-cool retro alt mode
-nice shade of red and silver paint apps (could easily have been left grey)
-very basic transformation (see Optibotimus' video on Youtube)
-good range of articulation (but no wrist articulation unlike Breakdown or Detour)
-feet are empty on the bottom and feel a bit cheap
-would have been cool if the arms panels could have folded in half like on Scattershot
-all in all, maybe not the best or most spectacular movie 2 scout out there but still pretty solid

Razorclaw0000
Gestalt
News Credits: 609
Buy from Razorclaw0000 on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Postby ang3l3s » Thu May 06, 2010 7:26 am

Always nice to get a detailed opinion to add to your own, great pics too!!!

Sale thread:http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/items-sale-trade/323806-ang3l3s-plastic-crack-sale.html

FEEDBACK:http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=21543&highlight=ANG3l3s
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/junkion-e ... g3l3s.html
ang3l3s
Vehicon

Postby Razorclaw0000 » Thu May 06, 2010 7:36 am

Motto: "Know that I am Razorclaw, that my reality is not yours, and while I share Tigerhawk's dual Spark and Vok heritage...
I am NOT he!"
Weapon: Ion Particle Blaster
Member Pascal continues with some first impressions of Hunt for the Decepticons Deluxe Ironhide.

Pascal wrote:-very, very, very nice truck mode with no obvious robot parts other than the huge feet sticking out from under the rear of the truck (not any worse than on Deluxe Ratchet though)
-tricky transformation, as complex if not more than on the voyager version
-some creative solutions on how to close the back (2 panels), hide the wheels (2 under the feet, 2 angled under the chest), hide the smokestacks, etc.
-a bit stubby for a deluxe (Bumblebee is much taller in comparison)
-elbows sit very high up on the arms
-knees also sit fairly high up on the legs
-some nice silver, bronze and blue-ish grey paint apps showing up in robot mode
-leg kibble (hip panels, upper lower leg panels, truck rear halves behind the lower legs... all can be positionned to your liking though
-nice little drone that turns into a cannon and that can also be stored inside the truck in alt mode thanks to that neat right cannon that split open to make room for it!
-clear blue windows (would have been easy to be lazy and just paint them over black plastic)
-movie accurate head (similar to the one found on the newer versions of Voyager Ironhide)
-good articulation overall, even has ankle swivels (no waist though)
-very nice toy overall, once you get a feel for the transformation, you'll love it (if you don't mind scale issues!)

Razorclaw0000
Gestalt
News Credits: 609
Buy from Razorclaw0000 on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Postby --B-- » Thu May 06, 2010 8:26 am

Motto: "Doing things my own way and never giving up!"
Is it just me, or does the back view of Hubcap scream G1 (comic/animated) BB legs/feet. I have to wonder how the figure would look withthe legs turned backwards at the thighs. guessing the skeletal arms/head would make it look funny.
Check out my sales thread, plenty of Generations, and Reveal the Shield figures for sale!!

generations-rts-deluxes-scouts-and-legends-along-with-voyager-lugnut-for-sale-t78434.php
--B--
Gestalt
News Credits: 5
Buy from --B-- on eBay

Postby SlyTF1 » Thu May 06, 2010 9:07 am

Motto: "If my first sacrifice wasn't enough, maybe you would prefer to pay with your funky blood."
Weapon: Sword
I just got Delux Ratchet, and hes one of my favorite Deluxes, so Ill definately get Ironhide! I was sold on him when I first heard of him!
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
News Credits: 37
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Alt Mode: The entire universe
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Postby kirbenvost » Thu May 06, 2010 10:54 am

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Hmm, Ironhide actually looks pretty good. He's still kinda stubby, but the silver plastic looks considerably less blue than initial images suggested. For some reason I really like the Autobot symbol on the windshield too. If I were going to pick up a movie Ironhide, this may be the one I would get. I still want a red repaint though. :-(

Hubcap is less impressive than the early photoshopped images would suggest, but I still might get him.
------------------------------
Old collection pics
------------------------------
For Sale/Trade
kirbenvost
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 11
Buy from kirbenvost on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10+
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Postby Hip-Hoptimus Rime » Thu May 06, 2010 11:19 am

Motto: "Nobody has to look for trouble."
Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
Awesome alt mode, nice robot mode. I'll buy him.

I have to say I'm disappointed at the head popping up from the car body, with the associated flap standing up behind the head. ROTF Dlx Ratchet suffers from this arrangement, as do Univ Ironhide/Ratchet. They need to do something different, at least make the flap fold backwards out of sight.
-Yer pal, G
Hip-Hoptimus Rime
Gestalt
News Credits: 9

Postby Hip-Hoptimus Rime » Thu May 06, 2010 11:22 am

Motto: "Nobody has to look for trouble."
Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
Awesome, I can't wait! I just bought Dlx Ratchet solely to pair up w/ this guy! So is the cannon drone his pet or something? :P

Wish the now-ubiquitous brown plastic weren't present, small quibble.
-Yer pal, G
Hip-Hoptimus Rime
Gestalt

Postby Blurrz » Thu May 06, 2010 11:26 am

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
Really liking the retro look with Hubcap. Ironhide looks menacing, one of my favourite characters from the movie-verse, so I'll pick it up too. And hey, they're not too expensive so why not.
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Postby Pascal » Thu May 06, 2010 9:18 pm

Hip-Hoptimus Rime wrote:

Wish the now-ubiquitous brown plastic weren't present, small quibble.

The brown plastic isn't as noticeable as you might think. As a matter of fact, I only noticed it was brown when I looked at my own pictures. :) The flash makes it look more brown than what it really is.
Pascal
Minibot

Postby Droptested Thrice » Thu May 06, 2010 9:44 pm

Thanks for the review!

But I can't see how it's "lazier" to paint over plastic to create windows/windshields than using clear plastic.
Droptested Thrice
Minibot
News Credits: 1

Postby Pascal » Thu May 06, 2010 10:34 pm

Painted windows are retarded and kill the realism. That's what I meant. See: '74 Bumblebee.
Pascal
Minibot

Postby Mykltron » Fri May 07, 2010 12:55 pm

Motto: "If I win again I'm still the champion. If you win HAH! that's just impossible.

Weapon: tea cup."
Pascal wrote:-very nice toy overall, once you get a feel for the transformation, you'll love it (if you don't mind scale issues!)

What scale issues? He's in scale with Voyager Prime.

Brown? Why the brown legs and arms? What is wrong with these people?

Why not take a look at My TF Repaints? Updated 23rd January 2015
Mykltron
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Pascal » Sun May 09, 2010 9:14 pm

Not in scale with Ratchet or Bumblebee, for example.
Pascal
Minibot

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ZD Blank Authentix (Spotlight) Dynamite Comics DEC237140 1ZD"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr H Foil virgin Dynamite Comics 2024 FEB240195 3H (CA) Parrillo"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr S 1:25 virgin Dynamite Comics 2024 FEB240206 3S (CA) Parrillo"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr X 1:60 FOIL VIRGIN Dynamite Comics 1X (CA) Lee + Chung"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ZG FOC 1:15 virgin Dynamite Comics JAN247377 2ZG (CA) Shalvey"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr P 1:20 virgin Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240120 2P (CA) Shalvey"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr N 1:15 black light Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240118 2N Nakayama"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr B Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240106 2B (CA) Parrillo (W) Shalvey"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr K FOIL virgin Dynamite Comics 2024 DEC230214 1K (CA) Nakayama"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr O 1:15 Foil Virgin Dynamite Comics 2024 FEB240202 3O Nakayama"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr G FOIL Dynamite Comics 2024 DEC230210 1G (CA) Nakayama"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr X FOC Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN247369 2X (CA) Shalvey"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr B Dynamite Comics 2024 DEC230205 1B (CA) Parrillo (W) Shalvey"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr M 1:15 line art Dynamite Comics 2024 FEB240200 3M (CA)Shalvey"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Potato Head Transformers Mixable Mashable Heroes as Optimus Prime and Grimlock Figures" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Clobber" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Protectobot Groove Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Ironhide Figure" on AMAZON