This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers: Prime Plot Revealed in Graphic Novel Synopsis

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Transformers: Prime Plot Revealed in Graphic Novel Synopsis

Postby Blurrz » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:41 pm

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
The Amazon listing for the upcoming Transformers: Prime Graphic Novel has been updated. With it comes a synopsis of the novel, Is the supposed plot of Transformers: Prime? Judge for yourself below!

"This all-new graphic novel adventure leads directly into the all new Transformers: Prime animated series! In this epic first adventure, battles across Cybertron have left Bumblebee and his fellow Autobots in need of a new leader. But is there anyone who can step forward against the threat of Megatron and the evil Decepticons?"

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the latest Transformers: Prime news on the net!
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Re: Transformers: Prime Plot Revealed in Graphic Novel Synopsis

Postby Spectral Dragon » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:13 pm

However the series turns out, it at least is covering new ground. The show/toyline (who are you kidding of course there's a toyline) has a lot of potential.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Megatron kill Optimus's predecessor waaaaaay waaay back in G1?
I need to quit remembering useless bits of trivia from 20 years ago. :BANG_HEAD:
Spectral Dragon
Minibot

Postby Fires_Of_Inferno » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:13 pm

Motto: "Small things aren't worth being mad over."
Weapon: Venom Blaster
I hate Bumblebee.

EDIT: Should probably add more to this.

I hope they aren't going to make Bumblebee into the center of attention for every Transformers thing that comes out for the next few years. There's already enough Bumblebee, he's going to turn into Hotrod at this rate. They could have made it Prowl, or Jazz, or even Blaster, I would have liked the idea more if it were Blaster. Ah well, at least they aren't starting on Earth or even mentioning it in this synopsis. Hopefully we won't see Earth for a few episodes. Hopefully the Autobots won't meet their pet teenage human for even longer.
TheLocalBard! My Twitter account: https://twitter.com/TheLocalBard

Groovy
Fires_Of_Inferno
City Commander
News Credits: 18
Alt Mode: Transmetal Insect and Helicopter
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 3
Endurance: 9
Courage: 7
Firepower: 3
Skill: 7

Postby Mkall » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:24 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
Hmmm, strikes me that it is a pre-Earth series. If that's the case, I'm so going to love this

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Postby First-Aid » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:18 pm

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
OK, sounds kinda like a Cybertron-bound version of Animated. That being said, no one has ever said Optimus Prime is the center of this series. It could be a legacy of the Primes type of thing...

...then again, the two best selling figures in the line are Prime and Bumblebee...and that's what is TREMENDOUSLY popular with the kids nowadays. SO until they come out with an adult-focused TF series, they are going to go with the kids...which means Bumblebee and Optimus.
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.

Its kind of like Basic Instinct, but not in a good way...

Goddammit, now I can't unsee it.
First-Aid
Faction Commander
News Credits: 2
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 2
Skill: 10+

Postby Just Negare » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:24 pm

Motto: "Who ate all the pies?"
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
First-Aid wrote:...then again, the two best selling figures in the line are Prime and Bumblebee...and that's what is TREMENDOUSLY popular with the kids nowadays.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. We can thank (well, probably blame) Bay for that.

Bumblebee has his moments, but this is one grizzled old fan that probably wouldn't tolerate more 'bee in yet another version of the TFs.

Regardless, I'm hoping this will be a lot less predictable than the usual "Megatron's doomsday weapon of the week" sort of thing.
Something memorable here.
Just Negare
Targetmaster
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 3
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 9

Postby Dead Metal » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:07 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:I hate Bumblebee.

EDIT: Should probably add more to this.

I hope they aren't going to make Bumblebee into the center of attention for every Transformers thing that comes out for the next few years. There's already enough Bumblebee, he's going to turn into Hotrod at this rate. They could have made it Prowl, or Jazz, or even Blaster, I would have liked the idea more if it were Blaster. Ah well, at least they aren't starting on Earth or even mentioning it in this synopsis. Hopefully we won't see Earth for a few episodes. Hopefully the Autobots won't meet their pet teenage human for even longer.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZHKxLp0jpo[/youtube]
Although this is funnier when you know Thew:P

Doesn't sound too bad, but it's kind of confusing, WFC covers this story already and HighMoon did state that WFC was based on TF:Prime and Hasbro stated WFC is Prime's back-story. 8-}
Oh well just wait and see.

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Postby SlyTF1 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:37 am

Motto: "If my first sacrifice wasn't enough, maybe you would prefer to pay with your funky blood."
Weapon: Sword
The story sounds like bullshit. As long as Bumblebee is not second in command and there are explosions, Im ok with it. :CON:
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
News Credits: 37
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Alt Mode: The entire universe
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Firepower: Infinity

Postby Dorca » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:39 am

I'm all for a Transformers series set on Cybertron. That would definitely have to mean more robots and less humans. However, we have heard that there is at least one human character, which worries me...
I figure that means they either have to end up on Earth somehow, or they have to somehow transport humans back in time and across the galaxy. Option 1 has already been done (though it works, as we have seen), and Option 2 is just... well, ridiculous.
I'm interested in seeing how they handle it. I think it could be fun.
--fingers crossed--
Dorca
Minibot

Postby SlyTF1 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:53 am

Motto: "If my first sacrifice wasn't enough, maybe you would prefer to pay with your funky blood."
Weapon: Sword
Dorca wrote:I'm all for a Transformers series set on Cybertron. That would definitely have to mean more robots and less humans. However, we have heard that there is at least one human character, which worries me...
I figure that means they either have to end up on Earth somehow, or they have to somehow transport humans back in time and across the galaxy. Option 1 has already been done (though it works, as we have seen), and Option 2 is just... well, ridiculous.
I'm interested in seeing how they handle it. I think it could be fun.
--fingers crossed--

What!? This is supposed to be on Cybertron!? I have longed for the day when the show takes place on Cybertron! Or at least the first episode was all about the war and then in like the third episode they end up on earth. I want to see exactly how the war came to be like an origions story. The closest thing weve seen to that is in the ROTF comics and that flashback in ROTF where it shows the Primes taking away the Matrix.
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
News Credits: 37
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Alt Mode: The entire universe
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Firepower: Infinity

Postby Mechastrike » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:00 am

synopsis said that it was on Cybertron and the Autobots are in need of a new leader. i'm expecting either G1 Sentinel Prime or Alpha Trion era then Orion Pax becomes Optimus.
Mechastrike
Combiner

Postby Savage » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:37 am

Weapon: Diffraction Sword
Sounds to me like maybe this novel will fill the gap in story between WFC and TF:Prime the tv show. I bet the book follows up on WFC's plot of Optimus growing to become leader, and ends with the TFs preparing to leave Cybertron. And then TF:P can pick up from there and take the TFs to earth. This is all just theory, but that is the vibe I am getting.
WANTED: Botcon 2007 Dreadwind | BotCon 2014 Scorponok & Devcon
Savage
Godmaster
News Credits: 97
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 APR238109 2B (CA) Robles (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 3rd ptg Image Comics 2024 GI JOE 1123IM897 (CA) Fornes (W) WIlliamson"
NEW!
DUKE #1 3rd ptg Im ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 2nd ptg Cvr C Image Comics 2024 GI JOE 1123IM898 (CA) Reilly"
DUKE #1 2nd ptg Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 Cvr E 1:50 Quintesson Image Comics 0823IM480 5E (CA) Lee 231010Q"
VOID RIVALS #5 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #302 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 302A 1023IM317 (CA)Kubert"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #8 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2024 0224IM323 8D (CA) Khalidah"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #8 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #300 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 SEP221680 300B (CA) Gallant"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #2 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2024 2E 1223IM263 (CA) Dragotta"
COBRA COMMANDER #2 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #4 3rd ptg Image Comics 2024 1123IM893 (CA) Flaviano (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #4 3rd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #300 Cvr C IDW Comics 2022 SEP221681 300C (CA) Diaz"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE BEST OF SNAKE EYES IDW Comics 2022 APR221559 (CA) Biggie"
GI JOE BEST OF SNA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #300 Cvr F RI 1:25 IDW Comics 2022 300F (CA) Joseph"
NEW!
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #3 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2024 3D GI JOE 1223IM274 (CA) Petraites + Martin"
DUKE #3 Cvr D 1:25 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #4 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 4B GI JOE 0124IM248 (CA) Bressan + Lucas"
NEW!
DUKE #4 Cvr B Imag ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Quake and Chasm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Chop Shop Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Protectobot Hot Spot Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Titans Return Soundwave and Soundblaster" on AMAZON