This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Diem's Excellent Adventure: My visit to the Tokyo Toy Show 2010

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Diem's Excellent Adventure: My visit to the Tokyo Toy Show 2010

Postby Diem » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:21 am

Seibertron member Diem was fortunate enough to attend the final day of Tokyo Toy Show 2010. Here's what he has to say about the event:

I was worried that by the final day of the Tokyo Toy Show there would be nothing left to see. Thankfully, the place was still vibrant and exciting, albeit crowded and humid.

Tokyo Big Sight, the mysterious upside-down multi-pyramid of a building in which many anime, cosplay and toy conventions are held.

As you can see, it was pretty crowded.

The outside of the TakaraTomy area was pretty Transformer-free, sadly.

Elite Guard Prowls were vanishing from the shelves fast and the Dreadwing and Smokescreen set was already gone. I was lucky enough to get one Prowl though.

The next wave of Takara Animated figures were already up for sale, a week ahead of their store date. The Sons of Cybertron sets were either sold out or absent from the beginning.

And for some reason, a bunch of ROTF Dead Ends were there too. I guess these guys were left over from ToyHobby last year.

This has nothing to do with Transformers, I just liked this guy. I wanted to poke swords around him and see if he jumped into the air.

Optimus Prime, friend to terrifier of small children everywhere.

You've seen this picture before, by more skilled photographers. The colours on Takara Rodimus looked really, really nice.

Transformers: The Arcade Game(s)

Vol.4 of Takara's EZ Collection series has some very attractive boxart

I was praying to get the cool Animated repaints rather than Movie figures. I got lucky! I'll be posting more about the figures soon.

This leaflet was being given out featuring all the latest Takara Animated figures.

Bizarrely, it appears to be Leader Class Megatron's in-package leaflet. Weird.

The other leaflet included various TakaraTomy products; this was the only Transformers-related item in there.

Well, that was about it for the Tokyo Toy Show. It was interesting to see this stuff first-hand and it's good to know that TakaraTomy are still pushing Animated hard.

For the latest in Transformers Toy News, stick with Seibertron.com!
Diem
City Commander
News Credits: 217

Re: Diem's Excellent Adventure: My visit to the Tokyo Toy Show 2010

Postby Editor » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:58 am

Motto: ""I'm not even supposed to be here today!""
Weapon: Shotgun
Looks like you had a blast Diem, nice that you were able to pick up an EG Prowl.
http://www.seibertron.com/heavymetalwar/team_view.php?id=27919
Once I ran an Anime festival with over 6,000 attendees. Now... not so much.
Editor
City Commander
News Credits: 9
Watch Editor on YouTube
Buy from Editor on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 4
Skill: 6

Postby fenrir72 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:02 am

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Congrats Diem. btw from what you saw at the "new" Predaking, were the "gold" patterns on Razor claw painted/stamp graphed or decals? That is if you managed to eyeball it closer. And is TFA Jazz any different from the international version?
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Diem » Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:22 am

fenrir72 wrote:Congrats Diem. btw from what you saw at the "new" Predaking, were the "gold" patterns on Razor claw painted/stamp graphed or decals? That is if you managed to eyeball it closer. And is TFA Jazz any different from the international version?

I couldn't get any closer than my crappy photos would suggest. I think it was Takara Animated-style sheen paint but it's really hard to tell.

TFA Jazz looks the same to me, but I was trying to grab an EG Prowl before they sold out so I wasn't exactly playing spot-the-difference :P
Diem
City Commander
News Credits: 217

Postby fenrir72 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:29 am

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Okay then.
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Courage: 10
Skill: 9

Postby Tigertrack » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:36 am

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Ah, looks a lot like Botcon, but with more exclusives.

Hopefully, you had yourself some fun on your hustle though the show!
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Skill: 10

Postby griftimus prime » Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:52 pm

Motto: "you will have no freedom. whether you are sentient or not."
Weapon: 16 Cannons
3rd image = ONE MAN!!!! ALONE!
griftimus prime
Brainmaster
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OMEGA MEN #3 Facsimile Edition DC Comics 2023 ptg 0623DC259 1st Lobo (CA) Giffen"
OMEGA MEN #3 Facsi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #253 Facsimile Marvel Comics 2024 ptg DEC230717 (CA) Leonardi"
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INCREDIBLE HULK #181 facsimile Marvel Comics 2023 ptg MAY230702 (CA) Trimpe"
INCREDIBLE HULK #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #181 Facsimile Edition Cvr A DC Comics 2023 ptg 0323DC160 181A"
BATMAN #181 Facsim ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WOLVERINE #1 Facsimile 1:25 Marvel Comics 2024 ptg JAN240733 Bradshaw 240317D"
NEW!
WOLVERINE #1 Facsi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VAMPIRELLA MAGAZINE #1 Facsimile Dynamite Comics 2023 AUG230189 (CA) DiMasi"
VAMPIRELLA MAGAZIN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Marvel Super Heroes SECRET WARS #5 Facsimile Marvel Comics 2024 FEB240722 MSH"
NEW!
Marvel Super Heroe ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GREEN LANTERN #87 Facsimile Cvr A DC Comics 2024 ptg 1223DC211 (CA) Adams"
GREEN LANTERN #87 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #5 Facsimile Cvr A DC Comics 2023 ptg 0923DC268 5A (CA) Kane (W) Finger"
BATMAN #5 Facsimil ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DOOM PATROL #99 Facsimile DC Comics 2023 0923DC271 (W) Drake (A/CA) Brown"
DOOM PATROL #99 Fa ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ROM SPACEKNIGHT #1 Facsimile blank sketch Marvel Comics 2023 JUL230686"
ROM SPACEKNIGHT #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WONDER WOMAN #1 facsimile Cvr C foil DC Comics 2023 0723DC814 1C (CA) Perez"
WONDER WOMAN #1 fa ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SUPERMAN #1 Facsimile DC Comics 2022 ptg 0822DC186 (A/CA) Shuster (W) Siegel"
SUPERMAN #1 Facsim ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Marvel Super Heroes SECRET WARS #3 Facsimile 1:25 Marvel Comics 2024 DEC230720"
Marvel Super Heroe ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #349 - Agent of Chaos
Twincast / Podcast #349:
"Agent of Chaos"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, May 4th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex with Autobot Scamper Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 04 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Liege Maximo Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Ironhide Figure" on AMAZON