This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

MP Rodimus Proto Pics (And some other stuff too)

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: MP Rodimus Proto Pics (And some other stuff too)

Postby DavidT » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:43 am

Motto: ""Fate Rarely Calls Upon Us At A Moment Of Our Choosing""
This is just badass! I absolutely love this figure... My only complaint so far is how far back his spoiler is away from his head in robot mode...

CHECK OUT MY EBAY AUCTIONS Aug. 7 - Aug. 12, 2012: Davidalan26
http://myworld.ebay.com/davidalan26

Check Out My Collection- Updated Sept. 15, 2011: http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=18265

DavidT
Brainmaster
News Credits: 88
Buy from DavidT on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby Mach » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:03 am

Motto: ""I am a Prime. I do not take orders from you!""
Mach wrote:
City Commander wrote:So it seems as though the figure itself is the front cab and wheel assembly that runs the length of the vehicle mode, and the storage container acts as the transforming base.

That's pretty nice, though I do wish the cab front looked a little less...awkward.

I don't see this being a double figure in any possible way or form. I don't imagine this'll be both Hot Rod and Rodimus.

What u need is the matrix of leadership.... Only the chosen one can open it and light our darkest hour....

The hint is all over at G1 transformers the movie

Hmmn, i hinted that Rodimus Prime is also a Hot Rod.... Seems like people dont believe me or just ignore me.... :grin:

Anyway, glad that they finally release the information....
Mach
Gestalt
News Credits: 905
Strength: ???
Intelligence: ???
Speed: ???
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Postby ausbot » Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:26 am

Motto: "Don't want none, don't start none!"
Weapon: Battle Blades
I'm just going to wait for the black repaint!
ausbot
Pretender
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 5
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Postby Samsonator » Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:34 am

Motto: ""Death is the only way out.""
Weapon: Sword of Fury
Holy balls he really CAN turn into the car as well as the winnebago. Gotta save up for this one, but as soon as I can, it's mine!
Samsonator: I swear I'm still here! Yes, I know it's been fourteen years...
Toy reviews on YouTube? Don't mind if I do!
I build model kits on Twitch, too!
Samsonator
Brainmaster
News Credits: 3
Watch Samsonator on YouTube
Alt Mode: Tank
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Courage: 6
Skill: 7

Postby dragons » Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:46 am

And after seeing this, I have no doubt that Hasbro would excise the trailer to keep costs low and still bring it to us, but without the trailer, the toy itself is truly incomplete.

Yes, I realize it's Hot Rod in both vehicle and robot mode, and that the robot mode can replicate the Rodimus look with a few tweaks here and there, and you can market it like that, and people will buy...but...

It's just incomplete without the trailer. If he can't do all of what he was intended to do, then you're doing yourself a disservice by buying a neutered Masterpiece Rodimus.

exactly like mp prime us version was released without trailer in us, mp megatron, & thundercracker, magnus here in us weather hasbro will or ever release thos guys here in us is bigger question & dont give me that lies that someone could mp megatron to rob store anyone thinks mp megatron in gun mode is real is an idiot mp megatron in gun mode 3, 5 times size of human hand ornage barrle or not looking at size of him in gun mode you can tell its fake.

speaking of that who is going to release mp magnue armor to us takara, hasbro, i dont care who could be 3rd partie companies all i care all other mp characters are complete except for magnus & magnus is & was always better leader than rodimus how does he get the short end of deal?
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby --B-- » Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:51 am

Motto: "Doing things my own way and never giving up!"
I have to admit, I was skeptical, but that's pretty nice. Not sure yet if it is $200 nice. The car mode may be kinda mis-transformed, it looks kinda lumpy, but the fact that it makes all 4 modes is pretty awesome.
Check out my sales thread, plenty of Generations, and Reveal the Shield figures for sale!!

generations-rts-deluxes-scouts-and-legends-along-with-voyager-lugnut-for-sale-t78434.php
--B--
Gestalt
News Credits: 5
Buy from --B-- on eBay

Postby craggy » Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:25 am

That Hot Rod alt mode is actually all I wanted. It's back on the buy list!
assembling a Neo-G1/TF:TM cast. Please PM if you have (or know of) the following at a reasonable price: Classics or Henkei Astrotrain, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, or 3rd Party iGear Ratchet and Ironhide.
Also looking for Universe Repugnus and Overbite, Frostbite and Longhorn and any Webdiver toys.
craggy
Faction Commander
News Credits: 4

Postby RodimusConvoy13 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:31 am

Motto: "Well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas, stabbing a man in the middle of the park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards! That's MY policy!"
Weapon: Photon Blaster
Holy Frak!!! That is so frakkin' awesome. I want to buy 3 or 4!!! I"ll probably end up with 1 or 2 :grin: I can't believe they were able to pull off the Hot Rod vehicle mode. this is fantastic.
"One of them even took the time to smear, “Fans are TeH SUCK!!!” in poop all over my windshield!"

Counterpunch
RodimusConvoy13
Gestalt
News Credits: 194
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 6
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Rated X » Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:34 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
It appears to be Hot Rod in car mode. The picture with the cab has a shorter window and hood. Which one doe you get ??? Or does it come with interchangable parts to change from Hot Rod to Rodimus ???
Rated X
Banned
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+

Postby craggy » Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:38 am

Rated X wrote:It appears to be Hot Rod in car mode. The picture with the cab has a shorter window and hood. Which one doe you get ??? Or does it come with interchangable parts to change from Hot Rod to Rodimus ???

I noticed from the last set of pictures that the robot mode's chest didn't become the Rodimus Prime/space winnebago's hood, so was holding out real hope for the Hot Rod alt more as well. Now we see that the toy's capable of both alt modes, and it seems, a little variation between Hot Rod and Rodimus Prime robot modes as well (I'm guessing a "standing on tippy-toes" action feature)
assembling a Neo-G1/TF:TM cast. Please PM if you have (or know of) the following at a reasonable price: Classics or Henkei Astrotrain, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, or 3rd Party iGear Ratchet and Ironhide.
Also looking for Universe Repugnus and Overbite, Frostbite and Longhorn and any Webdiver toys.
craggy
Faction Commander
News Credits: 4

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:12 am

The leg articulation looks to be minimal. Maybe the front part of the waist is a large flap that can move as one peice to allow for more articulation .... hope it is anyhow.

I think someone pointed at the shoulder articulation too. The kibble in the back seems to interfere with straight forward posing. Hopefully I'm wrong about that.

Still, this looks like an awsome MP. I don't think I'd have liked Hot Rod or Rodimus alone, but as one toy it definately works!

The Rodimus Prime hood is just covered partially by the window. It seems to become the same chest in both modes.
Gauntlet101010
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 1

Postby REMINATOR » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:26 am

Weapon: Road Blade
This is definitely awesome! I'll definitely be getting 2 sets.
MP-22 Ultra Magnus: Autobot City Commander
REMINATOR
Headmaster Jr

Postby kirbenvost » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:39 am

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Oh my god it's beautiful. Brings a tear to my eye. I have to make one of these my cellphone wallpaper now.

Rated X wrote:It appears to be Hot Rod in car mode. The picture with the cab has a shorter window and hood. Which one doe you get ??? Or does it come with interchangable parts to change from Hot Rod to Rodimus ???

I believe people are hypothesizing that the cab window and hood fold out from under the trailer to fit over top of the actual car hood and roof.
------------------------------
Old collection pics
------------------------------
For Sale/Trade
kirbenvost
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 11
Buy from kirbenvost on eBay
Strength: 6
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Postby Sodan-1 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:43 am

Motto: "Motive is a universal weakness."
Oooo.... That's got me hard. This could be my first MasterPiece. Don't usually bother given the price of them. Yes, I have seen the price of this one ;oP
Sodan-1
Gestalt

Postby Aluus » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:49 am

Oh thank you sweet and merciful lord! They didn't **** it up! Looks like I am gonna have to pony up the cash for him
Aluus
Fuzor

Postby Mkall » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:50 am

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
I wonder how tall he is compared to Optimus and Megatron?

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Strength: 7
Speed: 6
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Postby Doctor McGrath » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:30 am

Motto: "This is quick but not quite painless.."
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Glue Gun
The front of the Hot Rod alt mode and the front of the Rodimus Prime convoy do not match up.
El Duque wrote:Quite a firestorm I started here :michaelbay:
Doctor McGrath
Gestalt
Buy from Doctor McGrath on eBay
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7

Postby Sodan-1 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:39 am

Motto: "Motive is a universal weakness."
amcgrath929 wrote:The front of the Hot Rod alt mode and the front of the Rodimus Prime convoy do not match up.

No, they don't. Neither does the front of either vehicle mode and his robot chest plate. Not entirely, anyway. I'm wondering if the two small pieces of bonnet that flank the engine fold away for truck and robot mode.
Sodan-1
Gestalt

Postby Stormrider » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:40 am

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
Sweet. In case folks had a difficult time finding the additional link:

http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/ayaooh/18020601.html
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 409

Postby manofsteel2397 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:02 am

if you look close the window lifts up to go over the engine and the back roof part slides up that is why the spoiler is so far back in rodimus mode to give it the rodimus truck convoy mode
manofsteel2397
Mini-Con

Postby DTR69 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:21 am

Apart from the face change and the thighs extending down from thhips is there anyother difference in the 2 robot modes?
DTR69
Fuzor

Postby whacko » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:25 am

Weapon: Proton Rifle
Awesome! Want!
I love the fact that it can be both Hot Rod & Rodimus Prime.
whacko
Minibot
News Credits: 2
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Skill: 9

Postby Agamemnon » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:28 am

Motto: ""I'd be the President of the procrastinator's club if I ever got around to submitting my application.""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Stormrider wrote:Sweet. In case folks had a difficult time finding the additional link:

http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/ayaooh/18020601.html

Great link to the comparisons. The main differences between Hot Rod the robot and Rodimus Prime the robot appear to be the face, perhaps a slight extension at the knees, and an extension at the hips. Maybe a narrowing of the shoulders? Hard to tell that one.

I wonder if he's going to come with a saw fist....
william-james88 wrote:Also be weary of hope in this hobby. Hope is just undiscovered disappointment.
My nephew wrote:Bacon is meat candy.
Agamemnon, barebacked rider of flying robo-dragon, and not often constipated either...
(I answer to Ag or Ags. Agamemnon is too long to type. Plus, there is something elemental about calling me Ag. :-D )
Agamemnon
Faction Commander
News Credits: 10
Alt Mode: A donut. Mmmmm...donut
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 2
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5

Postby DTR69 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:31 am

manofsteel2397 wrote:if you look close the window lifts up to go over the engine and the back roof part slides up that is why the spoiler is so far back in rodimus mode to give it the rodimus truck convoy mode

You are mistaken there bruv. The window doesn't cover up a portion of the front of the hot rod vehicle, that is a totaly different front end alltogether, the widow is also a totaly different shape. I see where you are coming from. The parts are so similar that they could be reused, but they have gone all out to make sure the proportions are exact, so that instead of using the front of hot rod, they have a whole other transformation and other parts to make that end up.
DTR69
Fuzor

Postby gantzrunner » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:32 am

Motto: "This life is a game...and I play for keeps"
Weapon: Double Beam Guns
:ic$: i just filled the cup.
gantzrunner
Minibot
Strength: 9
Speed: 10
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Skill: 9

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers SHATTERED GLASS #1 RE IDW Comics 2021 Hasbro Pulse 1RE (CA) Coller"
Transformers SHATT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers SHATTERED GLASS #1 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 1RI (CA) Milne 230305E"
Transformers SHATT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ROBOTS IN DISGUISE #36 IDW Comics 2014 Days of Deception 200211b"
Transformers ROBOT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 2nd ptg Cvr D Image Comics 2023 0923IM827 (CA) LaRosa"
TRANSFORMERS #1 2n ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #21 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010X"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers INFILTRATION #1 RI-B 1:50 foil IDW Comics 2006 1RIB (CA) Guidi"
Transformers INFIL ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #3 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2024 3C 0124IM240 (CA) Burnham"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #3 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #1 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 APR230038 1A (CA) De Felici (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ANNUAL 2021 IDW Comics 2021 MAR210489 (A/CA) Milne (W) Ruckley"
Transformers ANNUA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #1 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 DEC200413 1B (CA) Schoening"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #31 Marvel Comics 1987 (W/A) Budiansky (A) Perlin 231222K"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GALAXIES #1 RI-A 1:10 IDW Comics 2019 1RIA (CA) Caltsoudas 211118C"
TRANSFORMERS GALAX ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #36 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (CA) Springer 231222U"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 2 #2 Marvel Comics 1993 (W) Furman (CA) Yaniger 230915F"
TRANSFORMERS GENER ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Sovereign and Alpha Trion" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Xort and Highbrow" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Autobot Stylor and Chromedome" on AMAZON