This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

FansProject TFX: Protector Comic

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

FansProject TFX: Protector Comic

Postby RodimusConvoy13 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:37 am

Motto: "Well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas, stabbing a man in the middle of the park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards! That's MY policy!"
Weapon: Photon Blaster
Fansproject have updated their website with pages from the TFX: Protector Comic. This looks like it might be the comic that will come with the Protector Armor upgrade for Classics/Henkei Rodimus. Check out some of the pages below. Click here to see them all.

"One of them even took the time to smear, “Fans are TeH SUCK!!!” in poop all over my windshield!"

Counterpunch
RodimusConvoy13
Gestalt
News Credits: 194
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 6
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Re: FansProject TFX: Protector Comic

Postby TheCrookedMan » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:23 am

Motto: "I like blocky rehashes."
Who is the "Guardian" that is mentioned by Rodimus? Another FansProject product? Springer is Defender and Ultra Magnus is City Commander, right?
TheCrookedMan
Mini-Con
News Credits: 1

Postby Oilspill » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:58 am

I love the idea of Roller moving from Prime's trailer to Rodimus' trailer. Brilliant!

Maybe Guardian is the name of Protector's trailer? Like G3 was the name of Prime's. Maybe it is referring to the upcoming Broadside-esque figure, or maybe it is a mis-translation of Defender?

Just stabs in the dark here :)
Oilspill
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 5

Postby Shadowstream » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:58 am

Weapon: No Weapon
I know FP changed the names of things to keep from being chewed out/sued by HasTak, but there were so many in this thing all at once I couldn't help but laugh!

That and the onomatopoeia "EHRRP..." like the trailer belched :lol:
MightyMagnus78 wrote:Nothing Hasbro does surprises me anymore, their ineptitude is legendary!

Burn wrote:
Shadowstream wrote:It's quite clear they dun dropped the ball, but did they have to drop it so far and so hard?

It's FunPub. It's their specialty.

I'm a killjoy, and proud of it!
don't take that to mean I'm a killjoy just because I can be, though...
Shadowstream
Headmaster

Postby Trikeboy » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:08 am

Omg, Protector whines just as much as Rodimus Prime did. Grow a damn backbone mate.
Watch the first of my youtube series, Friends Transform.

Trikeboy
Brainmaster
News Credits: 10

Postby Mindmaster » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:42 am

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Well, at least he finally admits it was his fault Prime died. Other than that, pure epic. :lol:
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby Agamemnon » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:47 am

Motto: ""I'd be the President of the procrastinator's club if I ever got around to submitting my application.""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Seems like "Protector" is reffering to Roller as "Guardian".

And "Protector" should be a whiney bee-yoch if he holds true to character. I like the brooding Rodimus Prime, personally. He has courage, but is filled with self doubt. I think many of us can relate to that.
william-james88 wrote:Also be weary of hope in this hobby. Hope is just undiscovered disappointment.
My nephew wrote:Bacon is meat candy.
Agamemnon, barebacked rider of flying robo-dragon, and not often constipated either...
(I answer to Ag or Ags. Agamemnon is too long to type. Plus, there is something elemental about calling me Ag. :-D )
Agamemnon
Faction Commander
Alt Mode: A donut. Mmmmm...donut
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 2
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5

Postby zodconvoy » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:12 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right to KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!"
Dude if I can get that Rodimus Roller with Protector, this set will surpass the City Commander and its Upgrades for me! Still no release date yet :-(
What's wrong Fansproject? Don't want our money yet? :lol:

HUGE EDIT:

The Guardian Roller thingy is already part of the Protector set! The rear of the battle station has the wheels and the shape and, upon farther inspection, looks detachable!
Attachments
highlighted.JPG
Now for Sale!

NOW ON eBAY:

Visit My Store!
zodconvoy
City Commander
Buy from zodconvoy on eBay

Postby zodconvoy » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:40 am

Mindmaster wrote:Well, at least he finally admits it was his fault Prime died. Other than that, pure epic. :lol:

After Prime drops Megatron off the edge and collapses, the first thing Hot Rod does is rush over and ask Optimus to forgive him. He knew and admitted to what he did before Optimus even died! What holds him back as Rodimus is the lesson he learned: rushing in can get people killed. Every time he holds back, he's fighting his natural instinct to charge in which may get his friends (that now must follow his orders) killed.

Rodimus Prime is a much deeper character than we could realize when we were kids.
Now for Sale!

NOW ON eBAY:

Visit My Store!
zodconvoy
City Commander

Postby DevastaTTor » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:04 am

zodconvoy wrote:The Guardian Roller thingy is already part of the Protector set! The rear of the battle station has the wheels and the shape and, upon farther inspection, looks detachable!

I believe at BotCon they said that the roller with Protector would be a targetmaster-correct?
Check out my BST Sales Thread HERE!

Equal Opportunity Transforming Robot Collector
DevastaTTor
Gestalt
News Credits: 198

Postby zodconvoy » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:09 am

DevastaTTor wrote:I believe at BotCon they said that the roller with Protector would be a targetmaster-correct?

I didn't know that. I wasn't there and didn't have the internet at the time. If it's old news, yay I'm caught up!
Now for Sale!

NOW ON eBAY:

Visit My Store!
zodconvoy
City Commander

Postby Forgotten » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:09 am

Motto: ""Give me a piece of break" - my 3 year old son"
DevastaTTor wrote:
zodconvoy wrote:The Guardian Roller thingy is already part of the Protector set! The rear of the battle station has the wheels and the shape and, upon farther inspection, looks detachable!

I believe at BotCon they said that the roller with Protector would be a targetmaster-correct?

No, they said that it would FIT the targetmasters, I believe they used Nightstick as an example. Vange1us has a video talking to FP about Protector on his YouTube page, i'm pretty sure that's where I heard it.
Currently searching for Cybertron Supreme Starscream & G2 Go-Bots Megatron, Complete at good prices. PM if you can help please.
Forgotten
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 8
Watch Forgotten on YouTube
Buy from Forgotten on eBay

Postby UltraPrimal » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:16 am

Motto: "Vote for Beast Wars!"
Weapon: Sword
Yay! Roller!
UltraPrimal
Gestalt
News Credits: 32
Strength: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby kirbenvost » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:29 am

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Oh Rodimus, so emo. :lol:

Man, I cannot wait for this set. Well, I can, I still need to pay for the Bruticus add-ons. :lol:
------------------------------
Old collection pics
------------------------------
For Sale/Trade
kirbenvost
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 11
Buy from kirbenvost on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10+
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Postby Mindmaster » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:30 am

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
zodconvoy wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:Well, at least he finally admits it was his fault Prime died. Other than that, pure epic. :lol:

After Prime drops Megatron off the edge and collapses, the first thing Hot Rod does is rush over and ask Optimus to forgive him. He knew and admitted to what he did before Optimus even died! What holds him back as Rodimus is the lesson he learned: rushing in can get people killed. Every time he holds back, he's fighting his natural instinct to charge in which may get his friends (that now must follow his orders) killed.

Rodimus Prime is a much deeper character than we could realize when we were kids.

...Oh, yeah. Completely forgot about that. My bad. :lol: :BANG_HEAD:
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet

Postby Shadowstream » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:46 am

Weapon: No Weapon
*edit*
Forgot to log this out.
MightyMagnus78 wrote:Nothing Hasbro does surprises me anymore, their ineptitude is legendary!

Burn wrote:
Shadowstream wrote:It's quite clear they dun dropped the ball, but did they have to drop it so far and so hard?

It's FunPub. It's their specialty.

I'm a killjoy, and proud of it!
don't take that to mean I'm a killjoy just because I can be, though...
Shadowstream
Headmaster

Postby DevastaTTor » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:54 am

Forgotten wrote:
DevastaTTor wrote:

No, they said that it would FIT the targetmasters, I believe they used Nightstick as an example. Vange1us has a video talking to FP about Protector on his YouTube page, i'm pretty sure that's where I heard it.

Ah, I knew I heard something in that video-that must be it.
Check out my BST Sales Thread HERE!

Equal Opportunity Transforming Robot Collector
DevastaTTor
Gestalt
News Credits: 198

Postby LiKwid » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:07 pm

Motto: "When In doubt..Invert polarities!!!!"
Weapon: V-Lock Rifle, V-Lock Cannon
Like i needed another reason to want this set so hard!.. Bring it on FP BRING IT ON!
Counterpunch wrote:FP sure does provide some F'd up head.

Sell me your Beast wars stuff!!!!
Transformers Earth wars-SiNxBruticus
LiKwid
Gestalt
News Credits: 8
Buy from LiKwid on eBay
Speed: 5
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Skill: 10

Postby zodconvoy » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:15 pm

LiKwid wrote:Like i needed another reason to want this set so hard!.. Bring it on FP BRING IT ON!

In Vange1us video on YouTube, the Fansproject rep said in our hands by Christmas.

And the Roller is clearly detachable in the video, you just had to be looking for it I guess. YAY I was right!
Attachments
video capture.JPG
Now for Sale!

NOW ON eBAY:

Visit My Store!
zodconvoy
City Commander

Postby Chupacabra Convoy » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:17 pm

Motto: "Wait, we're supposed to save all humans? Are you sure?"
Weapon: Energo-Sword
Wow, it's like they already have my money, but they just want to keep selling it to me, which is a good thing in this case.

So quick questions:

1: I'm guessing that Protector's gun will be able to be mounted on Guardian/Roller, in that case, can the barrel extension be mounted on Guardian/Roller separately from Rodimus' gun?

2: If so, is that where it is supposed to be mounted in Truck/Winnebago mode? On Guardian/Roller?
Formerly Nova-Ting Ranger (That's right, I'm back! And in Pog form!)
Chupacabra Convoy
Vehicon
Speed: 5
Courage: 7

Postby Sodan-1 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:23 pm

Motto: "Motive is a universal weakness."
I may be wrong, but I don't think Guardian is the name of Protector's equivalent of Roller. Protector seems surprised that the scout unit is alive, and this comes after he mentions Guardian. Probably a reference to a later project. FansProject's Broadside hasn't actually been given a name yet. Might be him. But then again, Omega Supreme is traditionally referred to as a "guardian". We can but hope.
Sodan-1
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby Agamemnon » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:42 pm

Motto: ""I'd be the President of the procrastinator's club if I ever got around to submitting my application.""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Sodan-1 wrote:I may be wrong, but I don't think Guardian is the name of Protector's equivalent of Roller. Protector seems surprised that the scout unit is alive, and this comes after he mentions Guardian. Probably a reference to a later project. FansProject's Broadside hasn't actually been given a name yet. Might be him. But then again, Omega Supreme is traditionally referred to as a "guardian". We can but hope.

Yeah, you might be right about roller. I re-read it and I like your interpretation.

Maybe Kup? (Wishful thinking?)
william-james88 wrote:Also be weary of hope in this hobby. Hope is just undiscovered disappointment.
My nephew wrote:Bacon is meat candy.
Agamemnon, barebacked rider of flying robo-dragon, and not often constipated either...
(I answer to Ag or Ags. Agamemnon is too long to type. Plus, there is something elemental about calling me Ag. :-D )
Agamemnon
Faction Commander
Alt Mode: A donut. Mmmmm...donut
Speed: 2
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9

Postby Doctor McGrath » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:00 pm

Motto: "This is quick but not quite painless.."
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Glue Gun
Hmmm, looking good FP. I'd love to see some colored pictures of this set. *hint hint

Sodan-1 wrote:I may be wrong, but I don't think Guardian is the name of Protector's equivalent of Roller. Protector seems surprised that the scout unit is alive, and this comes after he mentions Guardian. Probably a reference to a later project. FansProject's Broadside hasn't actually been given a name yet. Might be him. But then again, Omega Supreme is traditionally referred to as a "guardian". We can but hope.

Based on the picture of the "Guardian" and the fact he refers to OP's Roller as G3, I'm pretty sure Guardian is Hot Rod's roller.

DevastaTTor wrote:

I don't believe Roller is the targetmaster but I have read from people that went to Botcon, that he is suppose to come with a Targetmaster. I hope so.
El Duque wrote:Quite a firestorm I started here :michaelbay:
Doctor McGrath
Gestalt
Buy from Doctor McGrath on eBay
Strength: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7

Postby One_Universe » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:16 pm

I'm sure I could be way off, but I think Guardian is Wreck-Gar, which was a silhouette quite awhile back at a convention last year. I can't find it to confirm my theory, but I do believe Guardian is the next figure they make, plus their comics are set up to introduce their next custom, based on city-commanders and Protector in Defender's comic. Again, I'm sure I am WAY off. Just thought I'd throw that out there.
One_Universe
Mini-Con

Postby One_Universe » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:16 pm

I'm sure I could be way off, but I think Guardian is Wreck-Gar, which was a silhouette quite awhile back at a convention last year. I can't find it to confirm my theory, but I do believe Guardian is the next figure they make, plus their comics are set up to introduce their next custom, based on city-commanders and Protector in Defender's comic. Again, I'm sure I am WAY off. Just thought I'd throw that out there.
One_Universe
Mini-Con

Next

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-S13 ULTRA MAGNUS Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Leader 2019 220825A"
WFC-S13 ULTRA MAGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E2 SMASHDOWN Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Battle Master 2020 New"
WFC-E2 SMASHDOWN T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KUP Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Studio Series 86-02 Hasbro 2022 New"
KUP Transformers B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K10 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader Beast Wars 2021 New"
WFC-K10 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E15 RACE TRACK PATROL Transformers Earthrise Micromasters Hasbro 2020 New"
NEW!
WFC-E15 RACE TRACK ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #5 Cover B IDW Comic Book 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 5B (CA) Whitman"
TRANSFORMERS #5 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K28 GALVATRON fixed shoulders Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader 2021"
WFC-K28 GALVATRON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K38 RED ALERT Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Walgreens 2021 New"
WFC-K38 RED ALERT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #9 Cover A IDW Comic 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 9A (CA) Miyao"
TRANSFORMERS #9 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 Cover B (1st Print) IDW Comics 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 1B"
TRANSFORMERS #1 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E17 ARCEE Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Deluxe Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-E17 ARCEE Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JUNKHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-14 Animated Movie Voyager 2022 New"
JUNKHEAP Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-05 RATTRAP + TERRORSAUR Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2024"
NEW!
BWVS-05 RATTRAP + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-S16 PTERAXADON Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Battle Master 2019 New"
WFC-S16 PTERAXADON ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Skrapnel" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Blitzwing and Decepticon Hazard" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 06 Voyager Class Movie 1 Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Fortress Maximus" on AMAZON