This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Images from Transformers 3 Filming in Detroit

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Images from Transformers 3 Filming in Detroit

Postby Blurrz » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:22 pm

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
The Transformers filming crew and cast has been jumping across the United States of America, and their latest stop is in Detroit, Michigan. Thanks to folks over at Unicron.com, we've got a gallery featuring many of the Decepticon and Autobot vehicles within the film, including the Wreckers, Optimus Prime, and many others. We've mirrored some of the images below for your viewing pleasure...

..while the rest can be seen over at Unicron.com.

Seibertron.com - The Ultimate Transformers Resource!
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Re: Images from Transformers 3 Filming in Detroit

Postby adamassc » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:43 pm

Motto: "In one little corner of the universe, there's nothing more irritating than a misfire"
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
*fangasm* Is That BRAWN?!?

There's a NEST vehicle in the background of one of those photos that looks just like the Brawn toy sans gatling.
adamassc
Pretender
News Credits: 1
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 2
Endurance: 8
Courage: 6
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Postby Starparu » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:47 pm

Motto: "I always win, even when it seems like I have lost. Watch your back"
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
I dun see Brawn But that would be cool

That superfund decepticon looks beast :P

I Hope that Ferrari is Hot Rod/Rodimus. Im not a fan of him, but we don't need another Generic Fail like the twins.

-Star-
Primary TF Collection: DOTM Status
Haves: LDR: Ironhide, Sentinel Prime
Wants: HA: Soundwave, LDR: Takara Jetwing Optimus Prime, Megatron (Rumor), Shockwave (Rumor)

Secondary TF Collection: DOTM Status
Haves: VGR: Shockwave :D, Megatron
Wants: DLX: Barricade, VGR: Optimus, Ironhide, ULT: Optimus
Starparu
Micromaster
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 9
Firepower: 8

Postby First-Aid » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:27 pm

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
I have a new theory about that red Ferrari: Cliffjumper. That would explain why ol Cliffy has popped up in the new TF: Prime- seemingly kind of randomly. The rest of the TF Prime cast is in the live action movies already...Cliffy was the exception. (If i missed anyone else, my bad) Plus, having the Rock voice him is kinda a big deal for that character, too, as if they were trying to make him stand out more.

Just my theory.
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.

Its kind of like Basic Instinct, but not in a good way...

Goddammit, now I can't unsee it.
First-Aid
Faction Commander
News Credits: 2
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 2
Skill: 10+

Postby morphobots » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:58 pm

Could the faction symbols be getting any more obvious? Way to continue the "hide in plain sight" motif, guys.
morphobots
Targetmaster

Postby mesh » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:48 pm

if that prime comes out with a trailer in the toy line

I'M BUYIN' IT!
mesh
Minibot
News Credits: 1

Postby Joker'sRequiem » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:08 pm

Motto: "A wise man speaks because he has something to say; A fool speaks because he has to say something"
Weapon: Dual Rocket-Propelled Grenade Launcher
I'm definitely liking what I'm seeing. Prime's trailer looks great, Ratchet's new design is a great improvement, and the mystery of the Ferrari still has me guessing. I can't wait until the bot modes start rolling out.
Currently in need of: RID Rail Spike robot mode head (not Rail Racer's head); RID Midnight Express gun; RID Rapid Run missile; Animated Ultra Magnus' Hammer
Joker'sRequiem
Minibot
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10+
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+

Postby GEEWUN » Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:00 am

Motto: ""I'm not Psychotic... just Crazy!!!""
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Joker'sRequiem wrote:I'm definitely liking what I'm seeing. Prime's trailer looks great, Ratchet's new design is a great improvement, and the mystery of the Ferrari still has me guessing. I can't wait until the bot modes start rolling out.

The red ferrari was confirmed to be "Rush" a few months ago
GEEWUN
Pretender
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Albershide » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:59 am

GEEWUN wrote:
Joker'sRequiem wrote:I'm definitely liking what I'm seeing. Prime's trailer looks great, Ratchet's new design is a great improvement, and the mystery of the Ferrari still has me guessing. I can't wait until the bot modes start rolling out.

No, the red Ferrari is not Rush. Rush was the name of the photo with the Ferrari but that was because the photo was taken on Rush street. Nelson himself cleared that. The ferrari will be either hot rod, clifjumper or sunstreaker (although the different color).
Albershide
Vehicon
News Credits: 24

Postby esclavo » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:50 am

Weapon: 20 Megavolt Stun Rifle
I did see Brawn, not on these but on the ones at unicron.com. Hopefully he'll be in the film. That'd be awesome. Hopefully the red Ferrari will be Hot Rod. Not a huge fan of Hot Rod, but it'd be cool if there was some sort of tension between him and Prime because he's sort of a lose cannon. :BOT:
esclavo
Minibot
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10
Courage: Infinity

Postby First-Aid » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:03 am

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
Albershide wrote:
GEEWUN wrote:

No, the red Ferrari is not Rush. Rush was the name of the photo with the Ferrari but that was because the photo was taken on Rush street. Nelson himself cleared that. The ferrari will be either hot rod, clifjumper or sunstreaker (although the different color).

Like I said earlier, I'm going with Cliffjumper just on the fact that he suddenly popped up in the Transformers: Prime series- I think it's to build character interest.
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.

Its kind of like Basic Instinct, but not in a good way...

Goddammit, now I can't unsee it.
First-Aid
Faction Commander
News Credits: 2
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 2

Postby Albershide » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:34 pm

esclavo wrote:I did see Brawn, not on these but on the ones at unicron.com. Hopefully he'll be in the film. That'd be awesome. Hopefully the red Ferrari will be Hot Rod. Not a huge fan of Hot Rod, but it'd be cool if there was some sort of tension between him and Prime because he's sort of a lose cannon. :BOT:

It looks like Brawn but it's just a NEST vehicle. They used the same in ROTF.
Albershide
Vehicon
News Credits: 24

Postby autobot-jolt » Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:15 pm

Motto: "Actions speak louder than words!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Holy slag...everything's starting to fall in to place!

My speculations:
*Brawn is either definitly the NEST vehicle or it's just a generic NEST armored vehicle.
*Ferrari 448 is probably Cliffjumper; it would make sense.
*How hasn't anyone else made this connection yet? Armored superfuund Decepticon? Banking?! SWINDLE???
AUTOBOT-JOLT
Image[/i]
autobot-jolt
Fuzor
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Courage: 9

Postby NatsumeRyu » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:10 pm

Motto: ""'Camshaft' See, they said my name!""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
autobot-jolt wrote:Holy slag...everything's starting to fall in to place!

My speculations:
*Brawn is either definitly the NEST vehicle or it's just a generic NEST armored vehicle.
*Ferrari 448 is probably Cliffjumper; it would make sense.
*How hasn't anyone else made this connection yet? Armored superfuund Decepticon? Banking?! SWINDLE???

:APPLAUSE:

Pfft, don't pretend no one's said that already, :lol: I've been holding out hope since we've seen it for it to be Swindle, and I'm pretty sure someone else brought it up before me too. :P Though it wasn't popular...I don't think anyone paid much attention to that truck when we first saw it. There were so many possible TF alt-modes on set at the time though that's it's easy to see it getting overlooked/forgotten about during posts. I'm so happy to see it's in Detroit too!

I'm still hanging onto to it being Swindle. I'd rather not have it be some of the other names I've heard for it. Plus Swindle always adds an instant layer of fun whenever he's involved, ha ha. He doesn't need a ton of character development for the idea to get across to film goers. ;)
I take commissions!
2014-Officer Vi-Senketsu & Junketsu-Silver Knight-Origami Cyclone
13-Terminus Armor-Megaman-Lord Death-Tali
12-WfC Brawl-Gurren Lagann-Doc
11-Reaper Conduit-Rampage
<10-Brawl-Camshaft-Jazz-Blackout-Starscream-Bumblebee
NatsumeRyu
Combiner
News Credits: 3
Buy from NatsumeRyu on eBay
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 3
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby Mechas8n » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:14 pm

OK. I would love it If the "Future of Investing" Decepticon turned out to be Swindle.

But I think that level of wit is beyond the movie series.

Be nice if they were tring to be current and banking on the sucess of Wall Street 2 "Transformers 3: The Ponzi Scheme of the Fallen"

Also.

I hope the Stella truck behind him is a Bot too!!!!!!!!

Need more Beer-formers!
Mechas8n
Micromaster

Postby DMSL » Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:47 am

Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
Still don't like Ratchet's new look, but the rest looks great.

If the Ferrari isn't Hot Rod but some character they just made up they are even dumber than i thought. There are so many G1 characters they can use why make up your own.
DMSL
Transmetal Warrior
Watch DMSL on YouTube
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7

Postby Prime Riblet » Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:56 am

Motto: "Mottos! We need no stinking mottos!"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
DMSL wrote:Still don't like Ratchet's new look, but the rest looks great.

If the Ferrari isn't Hot Rod but some character they just made up they are even dumber than i thought. There are so many G1 characters they can use why make up your own.

I agree with earlier posts that it will be Cliffjumper, and I hope that is the case. I seriously doubt the Ferrari alt mode is going to be wasted of a no-name Autobot.
Prime Riblet
Gestalt
Strength: ???
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Firepower: 9

Postby Covenant » Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:49 pm

Motto: "Just keep going.."
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
I feel so sorry for Ratchet. I keep seeing images with him with the last film and now this one, all I see are Voyager and now Deluxe repaints for him in the same form, nothing near impressive. Miss the Marvel days when he had more focus I suppose. Plus, for the record, I'm diehard partial to white & red which, despite the unimpressive mold, is the reason I bought rescue Ratchet for the first film's toyline.

Anyway, saw him in the picture, came to mind.
Covenant
Combiner
Buy from Covenant on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Postby Remrofsnart » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:36 pm

ain't swindle a red car?

`am guessing the armored vehicle would be payload

:G2BOT:
Remrofsnart
Mini-Con

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WEB OF SPIDER-MAN #3 Marvel Comics 2021 JUN210659 (CA) Gurihiru (W) Shinick"
WEB OF SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MILES MORALES SPIDER-MAN #34 var Marvel Comics 2022 OCT211032 (CA) Acuna"
MILES MORALES SPID ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #88.BEY var Marvel Comics 2022 DEC210932 (CA)Bazaldúa 231010B"
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MILES MORALES SPIDER-MAN #20 Marvel Comics 2020 SEP200630 (CA) Garron"
MILES MORALES SPID ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BEN REILLY SPIDER-MAN #5 Marvel Comics 2022 MAR220961 (CA) Skroce (W) Dematteis"
BEN REILLY SPIDER- ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETECTIVE COMICS #683 DC Comics 1995 (A/CA) Nolan (W) Dixon 230915A"
DETECTIVE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SUPERMAN #3 Cvr D DC Comics 2023 0223DC022 3D (W) Williamson (CA) Lenoble"
SUPERMAN #3 Cvr D ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN #500 polybag sealed DC Comics 1993 (CA) Grummett 230305A"
ADVENTURES OF SUPE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SAVAGE SPIDER-MAN #1 var Marvel Comics 2022 DEC210957 (CA) Young (W) Kelly"
SAVAGE SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPIDER-MAN 2099 #1 Marvel Comics 2019 (W) Spencer (CA) Bogdanovic OCT190923"
SPIDER-MAN 2099 #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #32 Disney 100 Marvel Comics 2023 JUN230971 (CA) Perissinotto"
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IMMORTAL HULK #43 2nd run variant Alien Marvel Comics 2021 NOV200543 (CA)Shalvey"
IMMORTAL HULK #43 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #145 Cvr C DC Comics 2024 0124DC003 145C (CA) Putri (W) Zdarsky"
NEW!
BATMAN #145 Cvr C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #142 Cvr C DC Comics 2024 1223DC003 142C (CA) Melnikov (W) Zdarsky"
BATMAN #142 Cvr C ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Ultra Bee, 8.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Skrapnel" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Darkmoon and Astrotrain" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Voyager Class Optimus Prime and Diac" on AMAZON