This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

The Hub Premieres With Strong Numbers

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

The Hub Premieres With Strong Numbers

Postby Savage » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:06 pm

Weapon: Diffraction Sword
The Hub Network premiered on October 10th, and did so with gusto. Audiences showed their support for the new network by tuning in on Sunday, giving the Hub more viewers than its predecessor (Discovery Kids) had the week before. Not only that, but the fledgling network also boasted more viewers on Sunday than Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, and even Teen Nick! An article posted on TV By The Numbers provides a full breakdown of the audience ratings in a variety of demographics. Click here to read the article, then stop by the Energon Pub Forums to rejoice over the Hub's success!
WANTED: Botcon 2007 Dreadwind | BotCon 2014 Scorponok & Devcon
Savage
Godmaster
News Credits: 97
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Re: The Hub Premieres With Strong Numbers

Postby Axalon_Prime » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:16 pm

Motto: "Bringing an energon knife to a fusion canon fight is a bad idea.......unless you're a Wrecker!"
Weapon: Arc-Welders
Just wait until they get Transformers: Prime and GI Joe: Renegades up and running. Family Game Night was actually kind of funny for a kids type game show, almost like a family Double Dare with Monopoly and Scrabble.
Axalon_Prime
Mini-Con
Strength: 6
Speed: 8
Endurance: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Wheeljack35 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:17 pm

Eh there is right now only 4 reasons for me to watch the Hub,G1,GI Joe,MIB and Batman Beyond.Until Transformers Prime or the new GI Joe series hits its just ok to me.
Wheeljack35
City Commander
News Credits: 26
Watch Wheeljack35 on YouTube

Postby Mindmaster » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:01 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Too bad I can't get this on my TV. :-( Is it alright if someone could tell me when the first Transformers: Prime episode gets on YouTube? :???: :lol:
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 6

Postby Solrac333 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:30 pm

As I was watching I thought, "I'm actually watching channel 259."

Anyway, I saw part of a cartoon called Deltora Quest I think, it looked interesting. Is that any good?
Bah weep granah weep nini bon!
Solrac333
Gestalt
News Credits: 1
Watch Solrac333 on YouTube
Buy from Solrac333 on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby Ultra Markus » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:29 pm

Motto: "“You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.” - Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight"
Weapon: 16 Cannons
its probably because the variety of classic shows like the old batman to fraggle rock
something to watch for everyone
Ultra Markus
Gestalt
Alt Mode: the biggest baddest thing ever
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Bumblevivisector » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:44 pm

They even have Happy Days and The Wonder Years. I guess any channel will just show whatever they can get the rights to, regardless of their mission statement, not that I'm complaining.

It just dawned on me that since Hasbro bought out Tonka, Kenner, and so many other toy companies in the '90s, that gives them the rights to a crapload of other '80s toons not associated with them in that decade. Could putting G1 and G.I.Joe on at midnight signal the start of their answer to adult swim, someday culminating in a block that ends around 5:00 AM with reruns of GoBots, MASK, and Spiral Zone?!? That would be a more ingenious way to test market which older obscure properties are ripe for a revamp than the occasional Matt Tracker -Joe figure.

Even better, could this channel lead to our ultimate dream come true: a time slot that cycles through EVERY TF series, including the Japan-only G1 and BW stuff?!?!?
Bumblevivisector
Godmaster
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 6

Postby Heavy B » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:45 pm

Motto: "The best weapon isn't one you never have to fire, It's the one you only have to fire once."
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Wheeljack35 wrote:Eh there is right now only 4 reasons for me to watch the Hub,G1,GI Joe,MIB and Batman Beyond.Until Transformers Prime or the new GI Joe series hits its just ok to me.

dont forget "NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH BATMAN!!!!!!11!!1!" :grin:
Psycho Warrior wrote: Heavy B, the man who can open armor plating with his bare ass. To fight a bear no less.
Heavy B
Gestalt
Location: Anywhere I roam, Where I lay my head is home. Carved upon my stone, My body lie, but still I roam.
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 4
Courage: Infinity
Skill: 5

Postby Roadbuster » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:14 pm

Dr. Heavy B wrote:
Wheeljack35 wrote:Eh there is right now only 4 reasons for me to watch the Hub,G1,GI Joe,MIB and Batman Beyond.Until Transformers Prime or the new GI Joe series hits its just ok to me.

dont forget "NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH BATMAN!!!!!!11!!1!" :grin:

The Animated Series > 1960's Batman

After one episode, I gotta watch Batman Begins and Dark Knight just to try and rid my mind of the god-awful cheesiness my ears and eyes endured.
Roadbuster
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 6

Postby wolverinetodd » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:20 pm

Motto: "Shoot multiple times first... ask questions NEVER!"
Weapon: Double-Shot Missile Launcher
I got a little too excited a few weeks back when the Discovery Channel actually ran a promo for the Hub network premiering 10-10-10, leading me to think the Hub Network would be showing on the Discovery Channel on Sundays. When I checked the Discovery Channel throughout the day that day, I was so disappointed that it was nothing but regular Discovery Channel reruns and not anything worth watching from the Hub Network.
wolverinetodd
Vehicon
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 9
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 10+

Postby Megatron Wolf » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:31 pm

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Only reason why ratings were so high was because its a new channel & people wanted to see what its all about, you wanna prove something keep those ratings for weeks on end. I for one have seen nothing of import save for GIJOE. I have g1 on dvd and you can only watch any incarnation of batman so many times.
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Endurance: 10+
Skill: 10

Postby Heavy B » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:52 pm

Motto: "The best weapon isn't one you never have to fire, It's the one you only have to fire once."
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Roadbuster wrote:
Dr. Heavy B wrote:

The Animated Series > 1960's Batman

i wont dispute that, mark hamill was the best joker EVER. and shame on disney xd for removing it from airwaves. but i still like the cheesey 1960's version because its, well, cheesey :grin:
Psycho Warrior wrote: Heavy B, the man who can open armor plating with his bare ass. To fight a bear no less.
Heavy B
Gestalt
Location: Anywhere I roam, Where I lay my head is home. Carved upon my stone, My body lie, but still I roam.
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 4
Courage: Infinity

Postby angelababy » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:17 am

Is it alright if someone could tell me when the first Transformers: Prime episode gets on YouTube?
Welcome to my paintings website - Wholesale Art Mall.
angelababy
Micromaster

Postby Ninjabot_Nightfire » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:14 am

Motto: "I can see the world outside my window. It's burning... beautifully burning."
Weapon: Energy Shurikens
I only have a converter box that only gets, like, 10 channels, so I wasn't able to check out the Hub when it premiered (spelling?). But, I was recently house-sitting for a neighbor (and my mom's friend) this weekend while she was outta town and was able to watch her tv then.
I thought it was pretty good, although I'm really looking forward to seeing Transformers: Prime.
Luckily, I'll be house-sitting for my neighbor again while she's on a cruise in late November to mid-late December. :twisted:
I've been waiting in the dark to drive this blade straight through your heart.
Ninjabot_Nightfire
Mini-Con
Strength: 6
Courage: 9

Postby Earthshine » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:10 pm

Weapon: Laser-Guided Missiles
Hub found itself on my Favorites list very quickly when I found the darn channel. Comcast likes to hide things like that.
Earthshine
Mini-Con
Strength: ???
Intelligence: ???
Speed: ???
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Postby RK_Striker_JK_5 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:23 pm

Motto: "'Til All are One!"
Weapon: Electron Gun
Good to hear it's strong out of the box. Now let's see it keep the momentum going.
Not caring about scale since 1984. Just like Hasbro.
RK_Striker_JK_5
Faction Commander
Strength: 4
Speed: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 6

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers KING GRIMLOCK #3 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 AUG210587 3B (CA) Padilla"
Transformers KING ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #13 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010D"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 2 #1 Marvel Comics 1993 (W) Furman (CA) Yaniger 230915C"
TRANSFORMERS GENER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS vs TERMINATOR #4 Cvr A IDW Comics 2020 APR200726 4A (CA) Fullerton"
TRANSFORMERS vs TE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS HEADMASTERS #2 Marvel Comics 1987 (A)Springer (W) Budiansky 230926L"
TRANSFORMERS HEADM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #39 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (A/CA) Delbo 231222W"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #42 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 FEB220435 42B (CA) Gauntt"
TRANSFORMERS #42 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GALAXIES #2 Cover A IDW Comics 2019 2A AUG190762 (CA) Ramondelli"
TRANSFORMERS GALAX ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #8 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Bright (W) Budiansky 240317B"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE AND THE TRANSFORMERS #2 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe 230915J"
GI JOE AND THE TRA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #22 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926T"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #16 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 MAR220506 16RI (CA) Stone"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers LAST BOT STANDING #1 Cvr C IDW Comics 2022 FEB229537 1C (CA) Spence"
Transformers LAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Wreckers TREAD & CIRCUITS #4 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 4A (CA) Lawrence"
Transformers Wreck ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - MEGATRON Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Protectobot Hot Spot Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Titan Changer Megatron Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON