This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

New Galleries: Takara Tomy's Device Label Series and more

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

New Galleries: Takara Tomy's Device Label Series and more

Postby Dead Metal » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:58 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
The demand for "classics" versions of the original Generation 1 characters is huge since the launch of the Transformers 2006 "Classics" line. Universe 2008 Blaster was originally designed to fill the spot, but fans where disappointed since it was just a straight repaint of Cybertron Soundwave, but thanks to Takara Tomy we now have another option!

And this option goes by the name of Device Label Blaster, who turns into a USB hub that looks like a laptop instead of a boombox. But he still manages to look like Blaster in robot-mode, combined with the fact that he has modern articulation and detailing on top of being able to hold G1 cassettes in his cheast makes him possibly the best Classics Blaster stand-in we will be getting for a long while.

Blaster is an actual functioning USB hub and can hold up to four USB devices! Sadly it is very unlikely that this will ever be sold outside of Japan, but that doesn't mean you can't drool at pictures of him! Just click the following image and enjoy his seibertron.com gallery:

Device Label Blaster

Click here for the rest of the Device Label galleries and here for the full Seibertron.com galleries!

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

New Toy Galleries: TFA FamilyMart Activators Skywarp and deluxe Optimus Prime

Postby GEEWUN » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:07 am

Motto: ""I'm not Psychotic... just Crazy!!!""
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Looks nice, good to know he holds his cassetes
GEEWUN
Pretender
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: New Toy Gallery: Takara Tomy's Device Label Blaster

Postby RiddlerJ » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:22 am

I wish they would sell this Blaster and Soundwave gutted of their electronics for a cheaper price. I really don't care about about the functionality, but I would like G1 classic versions of these two.

At least I have WFC Soundwave to fill the gap.
RiddlerJ
Godmaster

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:43 am

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
As a novelty USB hub it's nice but as a Transformers figure it's still pretty poor. If you're gonna have kibble it should add something to the figures form and make it look perhaps imposing or impressively dynamic, not take away like these panels do. Still waiting for an actually good figure of Blaster with modern articulation. I hope Hasbro do one soon (and I don't want a repaint/remold of ugly WFC Soundwave like they did with Cyb Soundwave).
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 19

Postby kirbenvost » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:03 pm

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
It's true, those panels look pretty bad, but he still looks pretty decent overall. I have been debating getting him, but that would mean tracking down his cassettes too. I just don't know.
------------------------------
Old collection pics
For Sale/Trade
kirbenvost
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 11
Buy from kirbenvost on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:31 pm

I dunno, I rather like the panels. And the overall look of the figure.

This reminds me, though, were the other Device Label figures ever released here? It was reported that they would be released, but I've never seen them.
Gauntlet101010
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 1

Postby Andrius » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:00 pm

What's the deal with that Decepticon Symbol USB drive? Never saw it before... details?
Andrius
Vehicon
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 4
Firepower: 6

Postby horus » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:14 pm

Motto: "Drown them in sound till you here no whispers"
Weapon: Dual-Sonic Disrupter Gun
where can i get that rifle for mine? looks like a perfect smaller version of his g1.. :D
horus
Fuzor
News Credits: 5
Strength: 9
Skill: 10+

Postby Seibertron » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:23 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
horus wrote:where can i get that rifle for mine? looks like a perfect smaller version of his g1.. :D

That's actually the original Blaster rifle. I have a few of them sitting around from the two reissues and my original.

Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 5

Postby Seibertron » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:27 pm

Andrius wrote:What's the deal with that Decepticon Symbol USB drive? Never saw it before... details?

That's all swag that Hasbro handed out to the attendees of their Hasbro Collector's Day Event for Toy Fair over the past few years. I thought this gallery was the perfect chance to show you those USB drives I've gotten. The event is an invite-only event for people who run fansites or toy sites like Seibertron.com.
Seibertron
Site Owner

Postby kirbenvost » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:29 pm

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
That's cool!

Man. Really starting to want DL Blaster.
Old collection pics
For Sale/Trade
kirbenvost
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 11
Buy from kirbenvost on eBay
Speed: 10+
Firepower: 9

Postby Oilspill » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:52 pm

He's already in the mail to me! Looking forward to a decent Classics Blaster. Just need Grandslam & Raindance to be reissued now.
Oilspill
Transmetal Warrior

Postby Jazz-1982 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:06 pm

Bizarre as it may sound I am tempted to buy him for my Classics/Generations collection and just keep him in robot mode and remove some of the unnecessary kibble on his arms and back.
Formerly known as the Tokyo-Matrix.
Jazz-1982
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3

Postby horus » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:12 am

Seibertron wrote:
horus wrote:where can i get that rifle for mine? looks like a perfect smaller version of his g1.. :D

That's actually the original Blaster rifle. I have a few of them sitting around from the two reissues and my original.

my bad. it looked smaller in one of the pics, guess it's a business opportunity tp those who make weapon kits :D
horus
Fuzor

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:53 am

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
Seibertron wrote:

That pic there just shows much better the original Blaster figure looks despite it's huge brickiness and slightly tiny head. I'm sure I saw someone customize it to have a lot more articulation. The Device Label one just looks terrible next to it.
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 19

Postby Mkall » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:09 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
horus wrote:
Seibertron wrote:

my bad. it looked smaller in one of the pics, guess it's a business opportunity tp those who make weapon kits :D

It's already being worked on ;)
Expect preorder info for just the weapon within the next couple of weeks.

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Strength: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6

Postby RK_Striker_JK_5 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:56 pm

Motto: "'Til All are One!"
Weapon: Electron Gun
I didn't mind the Blaster redeco too much. I just thought of him as pre-Earth Blaster. ;) But DL blaster is now in my neo-G1 collection. He looks great!
Not caring about scale since 1984. Just like Hasbro.
RK_Striker_JK_5
Faction Commander
Strength: 4
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 6

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:31 pm

Motto: "I've looked into the eye of this island and what I saw was...beautiful"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
If anybody is interested, Hobby Link Japan has DL Blaster on sale for 3,575 yen or about $43. Plus, if you order before Nov. 24 you get half off EMS shipping.

http://www.hlj.com/product/TKT34244
-Kanrabat- wrote:YEah, too many Transformers are in a serious need of a good rim job.

Blast Cannon wrote:This thread is brilliant. Duragrip you are a gloriously weird sexual deviant and I love it.
LOST Cybertronian
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1235
Buy from LOST Cybertronian on eBay

Postby Mkall » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:13 pm

Carnivius_Prime wrote:
Seibertron wrote:

That pic there just shows much better the original Blaster figure looks despite it's huge brickiness and slightly tiny head. I'm sure I saw someone customize it to have a lot more articulation. The Device Label one just looks terrible next to it.

That's funny, I was thinking the opposite. DL Blaster looks awesome, G1 Blaster looks lame.

Each their own I guess

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Strength: 7
Endurance: 6

Postby Illmatic » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:49 pm

I have to admit that this version of Blaster is a step in the right direction towards a g1 Classics/Generations Blaster. But, that kibble ruins it! They should've just made him transform into an MP3 boombox (G1 alt form) to rival the music label Soundwave (Which, I own). That would've probably gotten rid of the awkward kibble, and could've been an absolute buy IMO.
Illmatic
Mini-Con

Postby horus » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:03 am

I think The main idea here is that you dont have to be a tape recorder to have cassette storage in the chest. He could be anything, even a truck, a plane or a Mp3 player. He can have his g1 chest compartment!
Back on cybertron he was not a cassette player and he had it... Just call The cassettes data modules and it all fits :)

Same can go for a classics soundwave.
horus
Fuzor

Postby Primacron's Little Helper » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:18 am

I got this guy a couple of days ago and thinks he's pretty cool. A very good fit for a Classics collection and counterpart to ML Soundwave.

Also, a Transformer that turns into a laptop? I think that's a good example of a suitably updated alt-mode.

Maybe in another 25 years we can look at him and laugh at how ridiculous laptops were in the 2000's!
Primacron's Little Helper
Combiner

Postby AutobotTrainer » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:52 pm

Motto: "Rule number two: Double Tap."
Seibertron wrote:
Andrius wrote:What's the deal with that Decepticon Symbol USB drive? Never saw it before... details?

That's all swag that Hasbro handed out to the attendees of their Hasbro Collector's Day Event for Toy Fair over the past few years. I thought this gallery was the perfect chance to show you those USB drives I've gotten. The event is an invite-only event for people who run fansites or toy sites like Seibertron.com.

Ohhhh...that Decepticon sheild Flash drive is MONEY. Do I spy a red LED that lights up when the drive is in use? Oh yeah. Come on, this has got to be made available to the TF lovin' public! =P~
No thing that is created by humans is infallable.

Help! I need:
The chin piece for Animated Shockwave/Longarm (grey)
One pistol for TF:ROTF Brawn
AutobotTrainer
Minibot

New Galleries: Device Label Cheetus, Grimlock and Dinosaurer

Postby Seibertron » Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:08 pm

Seibertron.com, your online destination for Transformers enthusiasts, has recently unveiled new galleries featuring three iconic characters from Takara Tomy's Device Label line - Cheetus, Grimlock, and Dinosaurer. These impressive toys are sure to delight fans of the franchise, with their intricate designs and unique real-world transformations. These galleries were originally started 13 years ago (back in 2010) but were never finished until now (hence the white background that is in some of the initial photos in these galleries).

Cheetus, the Japanese name for Beast Wars Cheetor, is one of the standout figures in this series of galleries. This impressive toy transforms from a 2GB USB thumb drive into a cheetah, making it a stylish AND functional addition to any collection. The gallery showcases Cheetus in both modes, highlighting the figure's intricate design and attention to detail. Fans of the Beast Wars series will appreciate this toy, which perfectly captures the character's sleek and agile appearance. Cheetus is a redeco of the initial Device Label Ravage, which was also recolored into Tigatron.

Grimlock, the fierce Dinobot leader, is another standout figure in these galleries. This impressive toy transforms from a fully-functional computer mouse into a Tyrannosaurus Rex, adding a touch of functionality to any collection. The gallery features Grimlock in both modes, showcasing the figure's impressive modes and intricate sculpt. Fans will appreciate the attention to detail in Grimlock's design, which accurately captures the character's massive and imposing appearance.

Last but not least, we have Dinosaurer, the Japanese name for Trypticon. This impressive figure transforms into a working computer mouse, making it a unique addition to any collection. The gallery showcases Dinosaurer in both modes, highlighting the figure's intricate design and impressive size. Fans will appreciate the accuracy of the sculpt, which captures the character's distinctive dinosaur features in impressive detail.

All three galleries include a variety of comparison photos with different versions of these characters and other comparable figures from Device Label series. Even Playstation Optimus Prime and Megadrive Megatron make some cameo appearances!

Overall, the new galleries posted on Seibertron.com offer fans a fantastic look at three impressive figures from the Device Label line. Whether you're a fan of this series or simply appreciate high-quality Japanese Transformers toys, Cheetus, Grimlock, and Dinosaurer are must-have additions to any collection. With their intricate designs, unique transformations, and attention to detail, these figures are sure to impress fans of all ages.

Check out the galleries by clicking on any of the images below. Enjoy!

Device Label Dinosaurer (87 images) - Computer Peripherals and Accessories

Device Label Grimlock (104 images) - Computer Peripherals and Accessories

Device Label Cheetus (96 images) - Computer Peripherals and Accessories

Seibertron
Site Owner

Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy's Device Label Series and more

Postby Brokebot » Mon Apr 03, 2023 4:04 am

Motto: "I've waited 30 years for a Dinobot combiner, and this is what I get?"
Weapon: Sword of Fury
I have the Ravage version of the thumb drive. I think the tail broke off the second time I transformed it. It's physically too big to be convenient, way too small in storage capacity to store anything except the emergency recovery boot files for my computer. Still, it looks cool standing on the shelf over my desk so NO REGRETS. ;)^
Brokebot
Vehicon
Alt Mode: Something else
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Firepower: 10
Skill: Infinity

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 3rd ptg Cvr B Foil Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN249149 (CA) Nakayama"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #1 3rd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr I Symbol FOIL Gold Dynamite Comics 2024 DEC230212 1I"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr N 1:15 action figure Dynamite Comics 2024 FEB240201 3N"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe MASTERVERSE #1 Cvr A Dark Horse Comics DEC220421 1A MOTU Nunez"
Masters Universe M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr S 1:25 virgin Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240123 2S (CA) Parrillo"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MASTERS UNIVERSE REVELATION #4 Cvr B Dark Horse Comics 2021 AUG210313 4B MOTU"
MASTERS UNIVERSE R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr G foil Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240111 2G (CA) Parrillo"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ZA 1:150 VIRGIN Dynamite Comics DEC230230 1ZA (CA) Shalvey"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr D Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240108 2D (CA) Lee + Chung"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr B Dynamite Comics 2024 DEC230205 1B (CA) Parrillo (W) Shalvey"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr C Dynamite Comics 2024 FEB240190 3C (W/CA) Shalvey"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ZH 1:15 FOC foil Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN247378 2ZH (CA) Tao"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr P Dynamite Comics 2024 DEC230219 1P (W) Shalvey (A/CA) Moss"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe FORGE DESTINY #4 Cvr B Dark Horse Comics OCT231206 4B Fowler"
Masters Universe F ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Motormaster Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Deception Off Road Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Trailbreaker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Seaspray" on AMAZON