This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Exclusive New Gallery: Behold, Takara Tomy's Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Exclusive New Gallery: Behold, Takara Tomy's Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy

Postby DevastaTTor » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:21 pm

Ever since the release of Takara's MP-01 Convoy (Optimus Prime) figure, Transformers have hoped and speculated that there would someday be a MP release of his successor to the Matrix of Leadership, Rodimus Convoy aka Rodimus Prime. Last year brought us the news that fans would finally get their wish and in honor of the 2010 Transformers celebration, Takara Tomy would release MP-09 Rodimus Convoy.

In January, Rodimus Convoy was officially released and now we are proud to bring you the incredible gallery of this much anticipated yet somewhat controversial figure. This massive collection of over 500 photos (our biggest gallery to date) features views of all four modes, both vehicles and both Hot Rodimus (Hot Rod) and Rodimus Convoy robot modes, along with the packaging, all of his special features and gimmicks, and even a MP recreation of the death of Optimus Prime. Additionally, we are introducing new gallery file sizes, increasing our large format images from 800 pixels to 1200 and our medium-sized, default 500 pixel images up to 600.

And now, without further delay, we bring you MP-09 Rodimus Convoy!

Click HERE or any of the images below to begin.

Check out my BST Sales Thread HERE!

Equal Opportunity Transforming Robot Collector
DevastaTTor
Gestalt
News Credits: 198

Re: Exclusive New Gallery: Behold, Takara Tomy's Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy

Postby First-Aid » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:36 pm

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
I got mine last week and love it. Very accurate and cool. Anyone else having issues getting his legs to stay in place in Hot Rod vehicle mode? I thought it was pretty damned hard to get them into place and positioned properly, then to get them to stay was a little annoying...I have to admit though, he was a lot bigger than I expected.
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.

Its kind of like Basic Instinct, but not in a good way...

Goddammit, now I can't unsee it.
First-Aid
Faction Commander
News Credits: 2
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 2
Skill: 10+

Re: Exclusive New Gallery: Behold, Takara Tomy's Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:52 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
=P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Strength: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Mykltron » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:56 pm

Motto: "If I win again I'm still the champion. If you win HAH! that's just impossible.

Weapon: tea cup."
First-Aid wrote:I got mine last week and love it. Very accurate and cool. Anyone else having issues getting his legs to stay in place in Hot Rod vehicle mode? I thought it was pretty damned hard to get them into place and positioned properly, then to get them to stay was a little annoying...I have to admit though, he was a lot bigger than I expected.

Everyone has trouble with everything! You have to rotate the thighs slightly to get the flaps under the car to stay tabbed in.

If anyone wants to know how to fix his backpack click here.

Why not take a look at My TF Repaints? Updated 23rd January 2015
Mykltron
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 9

Postby GetRightRobot » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:12 pm

Motto: "Surf in the Summer, Collect in the Winter."
Weapon: Neptune Sword
I got mine TODAY! It is a wonderful figure, tons of nods and features to the G1 movie. But he feels more fragile than any other Masterpiece. He feels delicate, especially with the shin panels. These pictures don't lie, this is the ULTIMATE RODIMUS! :x
GetRightRobot
Godmaster
News Credits: 187
Watch GetRightRobot on YouTube
Buy from GetRightRobot on eBay
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 2
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: Infinity
Skill: 7

Postby Seibertron » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:23 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
I really like this figure. I have a ton of thoughts to say about it which I'll post later. Going on date night with my wife for Valentine's Day tonight since we weren't able to go out for Valentine's Day since I was at Toy Fair.
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby Mindmaster » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:35 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Phenomenal! Hasbro must make their own! And just don't make it an exclusive; make it available at all retailers! Next stop: MP Galvatron! :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Firepower: 6

Postby GetRightRobot » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:59 pm

Mindmaster wrote:Phenomenal! Hasbro must make their own! And just don't make it an exclusive; make it available at all retailers! Next stop: MP Galvatron! :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:

I wouldn't hold yer breath.... :-?
GetRightRobot
Godmaster

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:05 pm

GetRightRobot wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:Phenomenal! Hasbro must make their own! And just don't make it an exclusive; make it available at all retailers! Next stop: MP Galvatron! :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:

If you're referring to Hasbro making their own MP Rodimus, there is a chance for that to happen. Hasbro did say that if they do, it'll come much later and most likely will not include the trailer.

If you're referring to MP Galvatron, then... only time (and TakaraTomy) will tell.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Re: Exclusive New Gallery: Behold, Takara Tomy's Masterpiece MP-

Postby kirbenvost » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:29 pm

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Excellent gallery, I'm in awe! Can't wait to see them in full size and save few for my archive.

I do wonder, what was the purpose of dismantling his head? I suppose we'll find out when Seibs gives his impressions.
------------------------------
Old collection pics
------------------------------
For Sale/Trade
kirbenvost
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 11
Buy from kirbenvost on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10+
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Postby GetRightRobot » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:52 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
GetRightRobot wrote:

If you're referring to Hasbro making their own MP Rodimus, there is a chance for that to happen. Hasbro did say that if they do, it'll come much later and most likely will not include the trailer.

If you're referring to MP Galvatron, then... only time (and TakaraTomy) will tell.

Well, I mean as far as a mass-release, it was reported from Toy Fair that Hasbro would need someone to pick it up AS an exclusive. As a Hasbro version, less accessories, no trailer, no free goodies or supercool black box (that matches my other MP's). The plus side is that it will go to TRU, which rocks here in Myrtle Beach because (apparently) I'm the ONLY collector, and it will be less than HALF the price after shipping. In regards to Galvatron, I believe it is the next logical choice.
GetRightRobot
Godmaster

Postby SumoXL » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:59 pm

Motto: "Tough times never last but tough bots do!!!!"
Is anyone trying for the Display Stand for Hot Rod? you need 10 points from the toys in 2010 (unicron, Primus, hotrod, sleep prime, etc....)
Tough times never last but tough bots do!!!
SumoXL
Mini-Con
News Credits: 1
Buy from SumoXL on eBay

Postby DISCHARGE » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:20 pm

Motto: "AnTagony IS the PitS. MoVe ALonG WoRMs. THis WarS NOT gOnNa WIN iTSelf!"
Weapon: Front-Mounted Anti-Matter Projector
Great gallery(especially for a toy I don't really want).
Really like the use of perspective here:
I can almost see Starscream laying down the fire.
DISCHARGE
City Commander
News Credits: 3
Alt Mode: Variable Weapon Interface - Stationary and Mobile
Firepower: 10+

Postby BluavalancheZ71 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:30 pm

I received my Rodimus last week, overall decent figure. I do have one complaint that I would like to know if anyone else has this issue as well, the side posts on both guns are too loose. So, it is not capable of holding either gun in his hands, he does hold onto the battle station handles just fine tho. Any suggestions on how I can correct this? I am thinking of adding clear nail polish to the pegs on the guns and see if that help. Or plan B would take apart the hands and fill posts with epoxy resin and very gently open them back up with a dremel. Any other thoughts?!
BluavalancheZ71
Mini-Con

Postby Ungie » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:33 pm

Motto: "Hoo-hah! Cherry Soda!"
Weapon: Quasar Cannon
Wow, I passed on him due to not having enough and waiting for a better quality re-issue, but now Im afraid the re-release in the future for TAKTOM won't have his trailer! I WANNIT!
Ungie
Fuzor
Watch Ungie on YouTube
Buy from Ungie on eBay
Intelligence: ???
Speed: 4
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby Bouncy X » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:47 pm

i love the whole re-enactment of the movie scenes with Prime. lol

but damn i didnt realize even Grimlock was so small. its like after Prime they decided to make everyone a midget. lol
"Expect nothing, but want it all"
Bouncy X
Pretender

Postby The Potentate » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:54 pm

Motto: "I shot J.R."
Weapon: Nuclear Charged Fusion Cannon
Well, this gallery convinced me. Just bought it! :CON:
The Potentate
Vehicon

Postby Naked Magnus » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:59 pm

When my MP-09 is transformed into Hot Rod, I display him next to my MP-04 Optimus and the scale is near perfect. When my MP-09 is transformed into Rodimus, I display him next to my iGear Faith Leader Optimus prime and the scale is pretty darn good. Faith Leader should be a tad taller to make him the same height as Rodimus. But it actually works well that way because you would think the new leader would be a bit bigger and stronger than the previous one.

This might sound weird, but after 25 plus years I am now actually ready to accept Rodimus Prime as leader of the autobots. When Optimus was brought back to life in season 3, he should not have assumed leadership. Rodimus was already established as the chosen one. Instead, Optimus prime should have served alongside Rodimus and acted as his wise council, much like Ultra Magnus had done. Optimus would yeild to Rodimus' decisions even when they were not in agreement. Despite Rodimus' superior strength (due to the Matrix) Optimus' experience would still allow him to whoop Roddy every now and then when they would spar. Over time, Optimus would follow in Alpha Trion's footsteps.
Formerly known as "revengeofstarscream"
Naked Magnus
Headmaster Jr

Postby MGrotusque » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:28 pm

I passed on this one but i saw him at the comic shop in my hood the other day and i must say he is quite the sight to behold.

THat trailer when splayed out is F@$&#N MASSIVE i must say. I'm actually glad i passed on this release and am waiting for the N.American release.

I don't really have the room for such a massive accessory. it would just get tucked away somewhere out of sight. Those who do and have this figure should be happy though, all faults aside.
MGrotusque
Gestalt
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5

Postby jON3.0 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:42 pm

Motto: ""Who you callin' a robot chicken?""
Weapon: High-Energy Particle Beam Rifle
Did you glue those leg panels and guns down? Cuz mine won't hold them for crap.
JON BAILEY
http://epicvoiceguy.com
Follow me on Stardust, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter & Facebook @epicvoiceguy!
voices of Optimus, Shockwave & Soundwave
jON3.0
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 127
Watch jON3.0 on YouTube
Buy from jON3.0 on eBay
Alt Mode: Ferrari
Endurance: 10

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:11 pm

Naked Magnus wrote:When my MP-09 is transformed into Hot Rod, I display him next to my MP-04 Optimus and the scale is near perfect. When my MP-09 is transformed into Rodimus, I display him next to my iGear Faith Leader Optimus prime and the scale is pretty darn good. Faith Leader should be a tad taller to make him the same height as Rodimus. But it actually works well that way because you would think the new leader would be a bit bigger and stronger than the previous one.

This might sound weird, but after 25 plus years I am now actually ready to accept Rodimus Prime as leader of the autobots. When Optimus was brought back to life in season 3, he should not have assumed leadership. Rodimus was already established as the chosen one. Instead, Optimus prime should have served alongside Rodimus and acted as his wise council, much like Ultra Magnus had done. Optimus would yeild to Rodimus' decisions even when they were not in agreement. Despite Rodimus' superior strength (due to the Matrix) Optimus' experience would still allow him to whoop Roddy every now and then when they would spar. Over time, Optimus would follow in Alpha Trion's footsteps.
In The Headmasters anime, when Hot Rod became Rodimus Prime again, he and Optimus teamed up to fight Galvatron together. Optimus then had to sacrifice himself to stabilize Vector Sigma, and this time, Rodimus was a much more capable leader than he was before. It was Rodimus who then passed the torch of leadership onto the next leader Fortress when Rodimus had to leave.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Naked Magnus » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:58 pm

jON3.0 wrote:Did you glue those leg panels and guns down? Cuz mine won't hold them for crap.

I only have one leg panel that will not stay down. I can get my guns to stay in the hands if I angle the forearms slightly upwards. If his arms are straight and to his sides then I cannot get the guns to say in.
Naked Magnus
Headmaster Jr

Postby Naked Magnus » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:01 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
Naked Magnus wrote:This might sound weird, but after 25 plus years I am now actually ready to accept Rodimus Prime as leader of the autobots. When Optimus was brought back to life in season 3, he should not have assumed leadership. Rodimus was already established as the chosen one. Instead, Optimus prime should have served alongside Rodimus and acted as his wise council, much like Ultra Magnus had done. Optimus would yeild to Rodimus' decisions even when they were not in agreement. Despite Rodimus' superior strength (due to the Matrix) Optimus' experience would still allow him to whoop Roddy every now and then when they would spar. Over time, Optimus would follow in Alpha Trion's footsteps.
In The Headmasters anime, when Hot Rod became Rodimus Prime again, he and Optimus teamed up to fight Galvatron together. Optimus then had to sacrifice himself to stabilize Vector Sigma, and this time, Rodimus was a much more capable leader than he was before. It was Rodimus who then passed the torch of leadership onto the next leader Fortress when Rodimus had to leave.

Ya, I know and I think it sucked. That series killed off Optimus within the first three or four episodes. Why go to the trouble of bringing him back when you are just going to kill him off quickly again? I have never been impressed with the writing of the anime cartoons.
Naked Magnus
Headmaster Jr

Postby rpetras » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:02 pm

Motto: "Know your enemy, then crush them."
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
I just got mine and I have to say I'm a little disappointed.

I do really like the bot mode, and I even like the size as compared to Prime, Megs & the seekers, as well as to the Alts I have in for the rest of the Autobots.

But I found his transform to be way overcomplicated. Parts seemed to move and twist simply to have a few more parts with joints. That would be OK, of when you were done it all fit together nicely, but it doesn't.

The Hot Rod alt mode just seems to want to pop apart. The hundred or so tabs never all want to line up at the same time.

I felt that the Space Winnebago looked a whole lot better, which it should since it is largely a shell.

But I also got this guy in the same shipment with Protector. Protector just came across as a much better example of engineering.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate it, and I really do like the bot mode quite a bit. I'm glad I picked up the Takara release, because I do like the cannon and space truck alt modes. But I doubt I'll be looking very hard for the eventual Hasbro release.
For Sale:
Classics Magnus/Skywarp 2 pack MIB
Classics Devastator MIP
HA Sideswipe K-Mart exclusive color Loose

Currently looking for:
ROTF Target exclusive Sideswipe from the 2-pack
TFCC Punch/Counterpunch
Alternity Primes, silver & white versions
(opened is OK, to be used for customs)

PM If interested
rpetras
City Commander
News Credits: 1
Strength: 9
Courage: 7

Postby jON3.0 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:23 pm

Motto: ""Who you callin' a robot chicken?""
Weapon: High-Energy Particle Beam Rifle
Naked Magnus wrote:
jON3.0 wrote:Did you glue those leg panels and guns down? Cuz mine won't hold them for crap.

I only have one leg panel that will not stay down. I can get my guns to stay in the hands if I angle the forearms slightly upwards. If his arms are straight and to his sides then I cannot get the guns to say in.

It's a shame that there are so many faulty things with this figure... STILL, I LOVE the way it looks! I don't believe I will be transforming it all that much anyways. I love him in 'bot mode. :D
JON BAILEY
http://epicvoiceguy.com
Follow me on Stardust, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter & Facebook @epicvoiceguy!
voices of Optimus, Shockwave & Soundwave
jON3.0
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 127
Watch jON3.0 on YouTube
Buy from jON3.0 on eBay
Alt Mode: Ferrari
Endurance: 10

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #3 Cvr I 1:15 B&W Dynamite Comics Disney DEC220627 3I (CA) Nakayama"
GARGOYLES #3 Cvr I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #7 Cvr Q LTD Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney APR230465 7Q (CA) Nakayama"
NEW!
GARGOYLES #7 Cvr Q ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Saturday Morning Adv Halloween Special #1 Cvr C IDW Comics 2023 AUG231433"
TMNT Saturday Morn ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #12 Cvr S 1:10 FOC Dynamite Comics 2024 SEP230267 12S (CA) Parrillo"
NEW!
GARGOYLES #12 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #114 Cvr B Boom Studios Comics 2023 SEP230080 114B"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #5 Cvr A Dynamite Comics 2024 SEP230243 5A (CA) Crain"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #53 1:10 Boom Studios Comics 2020 JUN200770 MMPR"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR 30TH ANNV SPECIAL #1 Cvr A Boom Studios Comics 2023 JUN230419 (CA) Mora"
MMPR 30TH ANNV SPE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Usagi Yojimbo DRAGON BELLOW CONSPIRACY #5 IDW Comics 2021 AUG210595 (CA)Petersen"
Usagi Yojimbo DRAG ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT + USAGI YOJIMBO WHEREWHEN #4 Cvr A IDW Comics 2023 APR231619 4A (CA) Sakai"
TMNT + USAGI YOJIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #1 Cvr M 1:30 action figure variant Dynamite Comics 2022 OCT220554 1M"
GARGOYLES #1 Cvr M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #3 Cvr H 1:15 Dynamite Comics 2023 JUL230285 3H (CA) Crain"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #123 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 Ninja Turtles SEP210474 123RI Pitre-Durocher"
TMNT #123 RI 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #52 variant Boom Studios Comics 2020 APR201356 MMPR"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Clobber" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Voyager Inferno Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Mega 1-Step Turbo Changer Dragonstorm" on AMAZON