This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

DotM Thundercracker Clear Images

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

DotM Thundercracker Clear Images

Postby heer0san » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:52 pm

Found it a KO Toy's Facebook page images of DotM Thundrecracker, here's my post regarding to this news.

Transformers News: DotM Thundercracker Clear Images | Robot Pilipinas
heer0san
Mini-Con
News Credits: 3

Re: DotM Thundercracker Clear Images

Postby DISCHARGE » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:18 pm

Motto: "AnTagony IS the PitS. MoVe ALonG WoRMs. THis WarS NOT gOnNa WIN iTSelf!"
Weapon: Front-Mounted Anti-Matter Projector
Man after seeing him next to it's Classics counterpart i can see how small these are gonna be. The alt mode reminds me of Energon Starscream's too.
DISCHARGE
City Commander
Alt Mode: Variable Weapon Interface - Stationary and Mobile
Firepower: 10+

New Images of the DotM Deluxe Thundercracker Repaint

Postby DevastaTTor » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:47 pm

Last month, we got our first look at the upcoming movie inspired Thundercracker, a repaint of the new Dark of the Moon, deluxe class Starscream mold. At the time, we couldn't tell if, like the Thundercracker repaint from the 2007 movie, this new version would have a remolded head or not. We now have the answer to that question.

Thanks to Mike at KOToys.com and Seibertron.com member heer0san for letting us know that new pictures of this figure have been posted on the KOToys' Facebook page. Not only do the clearer images reveal that this is a straight, G1-inspired repaint of deluxe Starscream that apparently includes a different Mechtech weapon but not a remolded head, but they also give us a great comparison between this new movie deluxe Thundercracker and his Henkei and Generations predecessors. No word yet on when or where this figure will be released but right now, it's presumed that it will probably be a store exclusive.

Several of the images have been mirrored below. To check out the rest of them at the KOToys' Facebook page, click HERE.

Check out my BST Sales Thread HERE!

Equal Opportunity Transforming Robot Collector
DevastaTTor
Gestalt
News Credits: 198

Postby Counterpunch » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:56 pm

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
Honest question here, does anyone look at those DotM toys and say, "Wow, those are really something that I have to have and will be better than the toys I already have."?

I mean, it's not even an issue with the look of the movies, but I have a feeling that a lot of fans are going to spend the next year buying toys that they very much regret the following year.
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:58 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Counterpunch wrote:Honest question here, does anyone look at those DotM toys and say, "Wow, those are really something that I have to have and will be better than the toys I already have."?

I mean, it's not even an issue with the look of the movies, but I have a feeling that a lot of fans are going to spend the next year buying toys that they very much regret the following year.

That's how hype works. Step 1 is intoxication, step 2 is addiction, step 3 is the hangover.

Me, I just want the new characters in the movie and any significantly new incarnations of older characters of the same size class as the first movie. So no Leader Ironhide or Bumblebee for me. I know, I'm weird :lol:
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Postby Cobalt Prime » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:12 pm

Motto: ""Excessive force is not necessary.""
Gotta love that nondescript dead-gray plastic face; really gives the character personality. :P

The size of these new figures is a real turn-off. Nobody will be in scale with the previous Bayverse toys. They might as well have called the whole deluxe line "Cyberverse".
Cobalt Prime
Transmetal Warrior

Postby Tigertrack » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:14 pm

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
I kind of like it, but it's a movie toy, and the only reason I like it is because it is in Thundercracker colors.
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Speed: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby OlivusPrime » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:33 pm

Motto: "Let justice prevail over death."
Weapon: Ionic Blaster
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Me, I just want the new characters in the movie and any significantly new incarnations of older characters of the same size class as the first movie. So no Leader Ironhide or Bumblebee for me. I know, I'm weird :lol:

Same here - I only aim to get new characters, significantly different characters (eg Ratchet, Sideswipe), or characters with a gimmick too big to ignore (eg Optimus and trailer). And I agree on the Leaders too - Ironhide and Bumblebee are waaaay out of scale with the rest of my collection and aren't particularly accurate to the CGI, so its a definite no for me.

I probably would have gotten this if it was a size class larger, or had been a retool. Shame, because the colours are better than the original Movie Thundercracker. Don't appreciate how they've just gone and plonked Roadbuster's weapon on him, but I guess it gives him some kind of selling point. If he's in the film (which I doubt), then I may consider him.

Recently Bought: Universe (2008) Powerglide, RTS Trailbreaker, DOTM Ultimate Optimus Prime
OlivusPrime
Fuzor
Strength: 8
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 9
Skill: 9

Postby Megatron Wolf » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:11 pm

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Wow hes small and im sure he'll still be priced at $13, goddamn hasbro. does look better than starscream but the weapons are kinda lame. Right now hes a maybe, ill wait til i see it in person.
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 7

Postby MINDVVIPE » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:00 pm

Motto: "One look from me and you've lost"
Weapon: Black Magic
The classics seekers are based on tomcats, it looks like. So the f22 raptor being smaller is definitely more accurate than being HUGE compared to them, as they were with the previous movies. So theres more realism there. I don't have a starscream yet, and I would consider getting this one, IF the guns weren't just the most innappropriate weapons to find on a fighter jet.
:CON:
Last edited by MINDVVIPE on Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
THE POWERS OF DARKNESS ARE A MORE POWERFUL WEAPON THAN ALL THE TOYS YOUR SCIENCE CAN MUSTER

Die, Autobots!
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt
Strength: ???
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Postby LiKwid » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:00 pm

Motto: "When In doubt..Invert polarities!!!!"
Weapon: V-Lock Rifle, V-Lock Cannon
Counterpunch wrote:Honest question here, does anyone look at those DotM toys and say, "Wow, those are really something that I have to have and will be better than the toys I already have."?

I won't lie, i regret spending a ton of cash on most of the ROTF line..A line which i can't even sell at a garage sale :BANG_HEAD: I will be extremely picky this time around..I've learned from the addiction and will not fall off the wagon but for a small handful of figs..Sentinel prime being one of them...
Counterpunch wrote:FP sure does provide some F'd up head.

Sell me your Beast wars stuff!!!!
Transformers Earth wars-SiNxBruticus
LiKwid
Gestalt
News Credits: 8
Buy from LiKwid on eBay
Speed: 5
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 6

Postby chrisc4 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:26 pm

Motto: "Never let fear overcome you."
Weapon: Old-Style Musket Laser
MINDVVIPE wrote:The classics seekers are based on tomcats, it looks like. So the f22 raptor being smaller is definitely more accurate than being HUGE compared to them, as they were with the previous movies. So theres more realism there. I don't have a starscream yet, and I would consider getting this one, IF the guns weren't just the most innappropriate weapons to find on a fighter jet.

actually they are f-15s not f-14 tomcats! :P
i plan on buying them all, as i did with rotf and i dont regret it one bit! i just dont buy repaints
chrisc4
Fuzor
News Credits: 1
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 3

Postby MINDVVIPE » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:36 pm

chrisc4 wrote:
MINDVVIPE wrote:The classics seekers are based on tomcats, it looks like. So the f22 raptor being smaller is definitely more accurate than being HUGE compared to them, as they were with the previous movies. So theres more realism there. I don't have a starscream yet, and I would consider getting this one, IF the guns weren't just the most innappropriate weapons to find on a fighter jet.

i plan on buying them all, as i did with rotf and i dont regret it one bit! i just dont buy repaints

Right, my bad.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikelynaugh/3106266712/in/photostream/
THE POWERS OF DARKNESS ARE A MORE POWERFUL WEAPON THAN ALL THE TOYS YOUR SCIENCE CAN MUSTER

Die, Autobots!
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt

Postby kirbenvost » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:42 pm

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
I do regret some of my Movieverse purchases, and the sad thing is they have little to no resale value. But the majority I would say were worth it, I'd even say there were some really great stand outs in ROTF. In comparison DOTM does seem to have a lot less must-buy figures, but in retrospect, ROTF also seemed that way at first. I'm still liking some of what we're seeing here.

While it's small and I'm disappointed that the head didn't get remolded, I like this. I still think it looks better than the Movie 2007 Thundercracker figure, aside from the head, so it's a purchase. I kinda wish they'd kept the same Mechtech weapon as Starscream though.
------------------------------
Old collection pics
------------------------------
For Sale/Trade
kirbenvost
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 11
Buy from kirbenvost on eBay
Speed: 10+

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:50 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
MINDVVIPE wrote:
chrisc4 wrote:

Right, my bad.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikelynaugh/3106266712/in/photostream/

To his credit, the nosecone of the Classics Starscream mold is taken from an F-14. The nosecones of the Classics Coneheads are obviously a lot shorter :P
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241

Postby Mindmaster » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:13 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Meh, the paint apps look great, but the mold just doesn't hook me. |:| I probably won't get much from the line, just the ones that show up in the movies, new characters, or new molds of old characters that appeal to me (ex. Ultimate Optimus Prime). ;)
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Intelligence: Infinity
Firepower: 6

Postby Noideaforaname » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:29 pm

Same head as Starscream, small size, proportions way off... *sigh*
I doubt I'll be buying much from the DotM line (and I LOVE the movie style). Well, not much of the non-Cyberverse stuff, anyway.

Interesting to note, the chainsaw gizmo was from the green Wrecker, not Starscream.
"He may end up destroying a nearby planet or two, but such is life."
My Art Website -- Redbubble Shop
Noideaforaname
City Commander
News Credits: 7

Postby Giant Purple Griffin » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:53 pm

Motto: "Beware of my hair!"
Weapon: Photon Lasers
Interesting. It looks like they'll be mixing in different mech-tech molds with the repaints.
Haslab, please make me.
Giant Purple Griffin
Headmaster Jr
Intelligence: 1
Endurance: 6

Postby ninjascythe79 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:55 pm

Weapon: Star Saber Sword
i'm not getting this guy i have the voyager my space is too limited anyways really a jet with a chainsaw?hardcore fans are getting generations thundercracker anyways i dont need that many thundercrakers but i do need some more shockwaves (actually just a leader)
ninjascythe79
Micromaster
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity

Postby amtm » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:10 pm

Motto: "I'd've written a shorter post, but I didn't have the time."
Weapon: Sonic Boomer Laser
LiKwid wrote:I won't lie, i regret spending a ton of cash on most of the ROTF line..A line which i can't even sell at a garage sale :BANG_HEAD: I will be extremely picky this time around..I've learned from the addiction and will not fall off the wagon but for a small handful of figs..Sentinel prime being one of them...

I overbought on ROTF and Universe as well, but I have managed to sell off most of my unwanted figures without really losing anything. For example I didn't think anyone would want Desert Tracker Ratchet, but I managed to sell it last month for $18+shipping after buying it from Amazon for $10 more than a year ago. I haven't tallied up every figure, and it goes beyond just the ROTF line, but overall I haven't taken any significant loss and I think you could say I've made a small profit, though how much depends on your accounting method.

Anyway, you just gotta make sure you don't pay too much when you buy, and you minimize your costs when you sell. And you gotta be patient--I listed them all on Craiglist and only sold 2 that way until Ebay did their 100 free listing promos. After that I sold about 25 figures on Ebay, though some had to be relisted three times to sell. Now I'm just waiting for another opportunity to sell without up-front costs like listing fees. (But watch out for Ebay's new "charge sellers for shipping" policy--they're going to place final value fees on shipping costs starting April 19, supposedly to "reduce" costs for buyers and "encourage" sellers to lower their shipping fees. Obviously it's actually just because they want more money, since sellers will have no choice but to raise their shipping fee, or the price of the item, to cover the cost of the new fee. Think I may need to start looking into Crave or Amazon marketplace.)
For sale: My entire Transformers and third-party collection. Includes Masterpiece, Generations, Universe, Movie, Prime, Armada/Energon/Cybertron, G1, G2, a few Japanese imports, etc. Many never opened, the rest displayed in enclosed display cases to keep the dust off. A few ads on Craigslist/OfferUp for DC/MD/VA locals, will post on boards or ebay when I have time.
amtm
Vehicon
Buy from amtm on eBay
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Courage: 2
Firepower: 2

Postby Pontimax 01 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:24 pm

Meh, I'll stick with my shiny new Generations TC.
Pontimax 01
Headmaster

Postby Rycher Prime » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:24 pm

Weapon: Armor Axe
They could have at least given him a different head mold.
Rycher Prime
Mini-Con
Intelligence: 6
Courage: 7
Skill: 7

Postby OptiMagnus » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:09 pm

Motto: ""Close your mouth and open your mind.""
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
I like the look of this guy. The paint apps look much more vivid than Screamer's. He looks very close in color scheme to his Generations counterpart. I was hoping for a new head, but I'll take the G1 colors on the Screamer head. I do like that he has a different MechTech than Starcream, however, I was hoping for a totally new one. Not Roadbuster's saw thing.

Yes, as a matter of fact I do.
Ironhide, Bumblebee, Nitro Bumblebee, deluxe Ratchet, Topspin, Roadbuster, Megatron, Shockwave, Sideswipe, Sentinel Prime, and Thundercracker are some that I am definitely going out to buy.
Please note: If you think I may be joking, I probably am.
OptiMagnus
Gestalt
Watch OptiMagnus on YouTube
Alt Mode: Stock Car
Strength: 10
Endurance: 4
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 6

Postby Skywarp64 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:41 pm

Motto: "I think, therefore I am. But I don't always think, so I guess I am not."
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Unlike most people here, I really like that everyone's being downgraded, sizewise. I really love deluxe class figures, can't wait to buy this one! Do you think there'll be a Skywarp? I'll buy all 3 seekers!
PLEASE contact me if you have any of the following, or know where I can find them:
[list]
[*]Cybertron Leader Class Optimus Prime's wings
[*]Powermaster Optimus Prime's Supermode Head
[*]Powermaster Optimus Prime's "Super Smokestacks", or whatever those big grey guns on his Supermode shoulders are called
[*]G1 Optimus Prime's left arm, preferably with the long smokestack

Thank you.

-----------------
#TillAllAreOne
Skywarp64
Godmaster
Watch Skywarp64 on YouTube
Buy from Skywarp64 on eBay
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Firepower: 10
Skill: 1

Postby MINDVVIPE » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:51 pm

Skywarp64 wrote:Unlike most people here, I really like that everyone's being downgraded, sizewise. I really love deluxe class figures, can't wait to buy this one! Do you think there'll be a Skywarp? I'll buy all 3 seekers!

If this mold came out in skywarp colours, i'd most defintiely buy it, a raptor is fitting for Skywarp imo. Even with crappy guns... can just replace them with some other peg hole ones. And I agree, I prefer this size a lot more for my figures.

Die, Autobots!
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 2 #4 Marvel Comics 1994 (W) Furman (CA) Yaniger 230915Q"
TRANSFORMERS GENER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #23 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926X"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #8 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Bright (W) Budiansky 240317A"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers REIGN STARSCREAM #4 RI 1:10 IDW Comics Movie Sequel 4RI 230323B"
Transformers REIGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #16 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Kaminski 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #9 Cover B IDW Comic 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 9B (CA) Tramontano"
TRANSFORMERS #9 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #37 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (CA) Delbo 210422B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ALL HAIL MEGATRON #16 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2009 16RI (CA) Hutchison"
Transformers ALL H ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #10 RI Incentive Variant 1:10 IDW Comics 2019 BOLD NEW ERA 10RI"
TRANSFORMERS #10 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #18 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 210422B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 2 #11 Marvel Comics 1994 (W) Furman (CA) Yaniger 230915G"
TRANSFORMERS GENER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #13 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010D"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #2 2nd ptg Cvr B Soundwave Image Comics 2023 (CA) Howard 240210A"
NEW!
TRANSFORMERS #2 2n ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS vs GI JOE #1 SDCC Cvr B IDW Comics 2014 01SDCCB (CA) Scioli 220712"
TRANSFORMERS vs GI ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Loudmouth" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Power Plus Series Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Tra Rid Warrior Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Brawn" on AMAZON