This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers DOTM Ironhide Video Review

Post your reviews of Transformers toys in this topic. Videos can be posted in a topic as well as text reviews and images.
Please keep each topic dedicated to one specific toy (i.e. DOTM Deluxe Class Optimus Prime") that has actually been released.

Transformers DOTM Ironhide Video Review

Postby El Duque » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:01 am

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
YouTube reviewer, optibotimus, has uploaded a video review of Transformers DOTM Leader Class Ironhide. The review is embedded below.

El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Re: Transformers DOTM Ironhide Video Review

Postby prowl123 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:48 am

Motto: "If your house burns down... it's my fault."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
I love leader ironhide! He's awsome I am so getting him :D
~prowl123~

Don't take anything I say seriously, because what I say may not necessarily be what I mean.
prowl123
Brainmaster
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Hip-Hoptimus Rime » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:05 am

Motto: "Nobody has to look for trouble."
Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
Do yourself a favor and watch this review. I've been waiting for some side-by-side comparisons with the HA Autobots- he looks AWESOME with Bee and Jazz! And OMG, I didn't know the cannons were activated in alt mode like that, totally cool. The leg dagger is pure win, the little pistol somewhat less so.

I wish the feet were more accurate, such as having heels fold out of the rear of the foot instad of just a chunk of truck back there. And I'm pretty sure I'll be making his arm and back kibble removeable. And putting some black or silver/gray on some of that blue.

For me, it looks like the pluses far outway the minuses, an absolute must-buy. And the reviewer is hilarious, esp. his cat. Heh.
Hip-Hoptimus Rime
Gestalt
News Credits: 9

Postby optibotimus » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:17 am

Hip-Hoptimus Rime wrote:Do yourself a favor and watch this review. I've been waiting for some side-by-side comparisons with the HA Autobots- he looks AWESOME with Bee and Jazz! And OMG, I didn't know the cannons were activated in alt mode like that, totally cool. The leg dagger is pure win, the little pistol somewhat less so.

I wish the feet were more accurate, such as having heels fold out of the rear of the foot instad of just a chunk of truck back there. And I'm pretty sure I'll be making his arm and back kibble removeable. And putting some black or silver/gray on some of that blue.

For me, it looks like the pluses far outway the minuses, an absolute must-buy. And the reviewer is hilarious, esp. his cat. Heh.

LMAO thank you very much for that...i really appreciate it
check out my video reviews @ http://www.youtube.com/optibotimus
optibotimus
Combiner
News Credits: 44

Postby Doctor McGrath » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:46 am

Motto: "This is quick but not quite painless.."
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Glue Gun
Ok optibotimus, you win, you've convinced me. I'm gonna pick him up over the voyager. Sad I didn't get to see the other HA figures in you group shot.
El Duque wrote:Quite a firestorm I started here :michaelbay:
Doctor McGrath
Gestalt
News Credits: 5
Buy from Doctor McGrath on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby optibotimus » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:48 am

^^

Which ones did you wanna see and what modes? I could probably take a picture a little later for ya
optibotimus
Combiner

Postby Doctor McGrath » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:52 am

optibotimus wrote:^^

Which ones did you wanna see and what modes? I could probably take a picture a little later for ya

Well, now that we seem to be getting all of the normal figures in Leader class or HA scale, I am thinking about picking them all up nowand making a new shelf for all of them. So to answer your question, just the rest of the HA autobots in robot form will do. I'm guessing that Sideswipe, Mudflap, and Skids look just as good with Ironhide, OP, 'Bee, and Jazz but a group shot of all of them would be epic. Looks like I'm going to be dropping some more money. lol
Doctor McGrath
Gestalt

Postby joeformer » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:45 am

Ok so the figure looks great. If its so in scale with the human alliance line then why didnt they just make a human alliance ironhide with lennox in the first place????????????? :grin:
joeformer
Mini-Con

Postby Swiftknife24 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:36 pm

Motto: "With a blade, one gets close, personal and feels the kill."
Weapon: Diffraction Sword
joeformer wrote:Ok so the figure looks great. If its so in scale with the human alliance line then why didnt they just make a human alliance ironhide with lennox in the first place????????????? :grin:

They might've been planning to do that...The Human Alliance boxes have WAY too much space for the cars on their own. They must have them at that size for a reason! (You never know, they may be planning to do a HA Ratchet, which I seriously want, seeing as he is slightly smaller than Ironhide!)

Anyway, they review was great! Peaugh may have some competition! Haha loved how it turned into 'CSI: Cat Scene Investigation' (But just to be picky, I know for a fact that the the Leader Prime is the same scale as Voyager Ironhide and Deluxe Bumblebee, etc)

But yep; that's another on my list!
Last edited by Swiftknife24 on Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I've been compiling a scale list (largest to smallest) of the Film Transformers based on; vehicle/alternate modes (with the best dimension data possible), as many official charts I could find & most crucially, the figures I actually own & desire! If anyone would like a bit of assistance in scale or would simply like a peek at the list, do say so! ^^

(Also been working on something big; I'm a writer, so that's a clue... ;))
Swiftknife24
Vehicon
News Credits: 4
Watch Swiftknife24 on YouTube
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Kibble » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:36 pm

Motto: "Life is like a triple-X choose your own adventure..."
Weapon: No Weapon
I'm much less impressed after the review. Excessive kibble in both modes (especially alt mode,) blue legs are a turn off, and so are the feet. Transformation is also lacking (IMO) for a figure of that price point. About the only things left I'm really impressed with is it scales decently with the larger figures and the knife is pretty sweet. I can see the gimmicks being a plus to some, especially kids, but they generally don't factor in too much with my decision to buy a figure as I don't really get much "play value" out of a figure beyond transforming it...I actually find the gimmicks a detriment to the figure much of the time. Anyhow, the figure went from one of the few of interest in the line to a fairly weak maybe.
Kibble
City Commander
News Credits: 3

Postby SaTaN CoNvOy » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:09 pm

Motto: "I may be a square but I have sharp corners...."
Weapon: "Claw" Flame-Throwers
Ironhide is looking good so far aside from the fact that his arm cannon's are a bit lacking. As for the blue legs, aint nothing a lil bit of glossy black modeling paint can't fix. Too bad we never got a leader class Bonecrusher. :BOOM: :evil: :BOOM: :evil: :BOOM:

:CON:
Big McIntosh walked away from the shed on the farm where this took place. He cleaned himself up, said yyyyyyyyyyyyyup, and walked off, ready to buck some apples.

SaTaN CoNvOy
Minibot
Strength: 10+
Speed: N/A
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10+
Skill: ???

Postby optibotimus » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:12 pm

Swiftknife24 wrote:
joeformer wrote:Ok so the figure looks great. If its so in scale with the human alliance line then why didnt they just make a human alliance ironhide with lennox in the first place????????????? :grin:

They might've been planning to do that...The Human Alliance boxes have WAY too much space for the cars on their own. They must have them at that size for a reason! (You never know, they may be planning to do a HA Ratchet, which I seriously want, seeing as he is slightly smaller than Ironhide!)

Anyway, they review was great! Peaugh may have some competition! Haha loved how it turned into 'CSI: Cat Scene Investigation' (But just to be picky, I know for a fact that the the Leader Prime is the same scale as Voyager Ironhide and Deluxe Bumblebee, etc)

I've actually been reviewing figures longer than peaugh has :P But thank you hahaha
optibotimus
Combiner

Postby Mykltron » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:33 pm

Motto: "If I win again I'm still the champion. If you win HAH! that's just impossible.

Weapon: tea cup."
Optibotimus's scale knowledge is off. Leader IH is NOT in scale with Leader Prime in any way. He is in scale with HA though.

I'm really unimpressed with this but I may pick him up if I see him on sale.

Why not take a look at My TF Repaints? Updated 23rd January 2015
Mykltron
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 9

Postby BATTOUSAIXD » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:35 pm

Motto: "Sine Metu"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Ironhide looks great; I'm getting this! I might also get the Takara version too if it turns out to be a really good paint job. And I agree we need a leader Bonecrusher as well as a leader Blackout, or better yet, a supreme Blackout! Probably won't happen but I can dream...
BATTOUSAIXD
Combiner
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Skill: 9

Postby optibotimus » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:40 pm

Mykltron wrote:Optibotimus's scale knowledge is off. Leader IH is NOT in scale with Leader Prime in any way. He is in scale with HA though.

I'm really unimpressed with this but I may pick him up if I see him on sale.

Actually, my knowledge isn't as off as you might think it is...in interviews Optimus Prime is said to be, (according to ILM designers) roughly 32 feet tall. Ironhide is roughly 22-25 feet tall. When you scale it down to inches...10 inches that Optimus is compared to 9 1/2 inches that Ironhide is, really isn't too bad.
optibotimus
Combiner

Postby Doctor McGrath » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:57 pm

This is the best scale guide i could find:

So yes, It's a little off but as far as the toys go I think this is the closest we will get with the correct Ironhide build. The voyager's from the first movie are poor designs IMO, and the new voyager is too skinny. This guy is stocky, excellent articulation(minus the waist), and has pretty cool gimmicks. This is the winner for me, hands down.
Doctor McGrath
Gestalt

Postby Evil_the_Nub » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:19 pm

Motto: "Feel free to die when you've had enough."
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
optibotimus wrote:
Swiftknife24 wrote:

I've actually been reviewing figures longer than peaugh has :P But thank you hahaha

Personally I think Peaugh is overrated. I was going to skip this guy, but you sold me on it. The only thing that really bothers me is the arm kibble.
NewFoundStarscreamLuv wrote:me and my friends combine all the time. Sometimes I even combine by myself if no one is around.
Evil_the_Nub
Gestalt
Strength: 6
Firepower: 3

Postby +JetFire+ » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:46 pm

Weapon: Twin Ion Impulse Blaster
Optibotimus awesome review unlike some other reviewers who really are boring :BANG_HEAD:

because of this great review :APPLAUSE: I have to get him now! :ic$:
“I take no orders from you, I am an Autobot now!”
- Jetfire/Skyfire
+JetFire+
Mini-Con
Strength: 5
Endurance: 5

Postby Swiftknife24 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:38 pm

Motto: "With a blade, one gets close, personal and feels the kill."
Weapon: Diffraction Sword
optibotimus wrote:
Swiftknife24 wrote:

You're welcome! I only mentioned because I've been following his reviews for some time and this is actually the first review of yours I've seen, so very entertaining! :D

I've been compiling a scale list (largest to smallest) of the Film Transformers based on; vehicle/alternate modes (with the best dimension data possible), as many official charts I could find & most crucially, the figures I actually own & desire! If anyone would like a bit of assistance in scale or would simply like a peek at the list, do say so! ^^

(Also been working on something big; I'm a writer, so that's a clue... ;))
Swiftknife24
Vehicon
News Credits: 4
Watch Swiftknife24 on YouTube
Intelligence: 7

Postby Autobot032 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:42 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
I'm still not interested in this one.

I give you credit for making the backpack kibble look better, because the first pictures made it look awful, but it's still not the best look.

The arm kibble isn't nearly as bad as I thought it was, so that's a plus.

The legs really bother me. Really bother me. He's not squat enough, much like the new Voyager, but at least the new Voyager is much more in scale than this guy.

Plus the simplistic transformation. Geez. I expect some kind of a challenge out of my Leader Classes.

They don't all have to be Optimus difficult, but they need to be more like Starscream. Starscream wasn't complicated either, but he was very fiddly. He had enough steps and enough pieces to make it feel worthy. Ironhide is just giant chunks of truck moving around.

I'm just not impressed with this guy.

Voyager, if anything Ironhide out of DOTM.

EDIT: Okay, I just have to know one thing. +Jetfire+, who is that in your sig? That gif of her just makes her mesmerizing. It was hard to type without staring at her.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby optibotimus » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:06 pm

+JetFire+ wrote:Optibotimus awesome review unlike some other reviewers who really are boring :BANG_HEAD:

awww lol that's mean :P
optibotimus
Combiner

Postby optibotimus » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:07 pm

Swiftknife24 wrote:
You're welcome! I only mentioned because I've been following his reviews for some time and this is actually the first review of yours I've seen, so very entertaining! :D

Well thank you for that. Hopefully you enjoyed what you saw and i hope i'm able to continue to entertain in the future
optibotimus
Combiner

Postby 80sgeek » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:03 pm

He's correct that Ironhide is close in scale to Prime. I've seen both real-world vehicles in person. Not like on a set, but an actual TF edition Topkick and a many 379 Petes. The LC Prime would need to be just a little bigger to be exact scale. The biggest tell is the 379 usually runs a 24.5 tires and Topkick a 22.5, with the comparison of the figures in vehicle mode, Ironhide's are bigger. For the robot mofe comparison, Watch ROTF with the Demolisher scene. You can see he comes up to Prime's shoulder, if not a little shorter.

I'm not dissin' this fig. He's awesome, I'm just wondering what they're going to do that we're not aware of (as long as they come out in the US unlike the last 3 waves that I've yet to see) since this Ironhide makes Prime look like a chump. And I'm a Prime fan, have been since '84.
Attachments
scale.jpg
80sgeek
Micromaster

Postby Sideswiped643 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:35 pm

Weapon: Energy Blades
GREAT figure overall.....one thing i find ridiculous: i dont understand why he's going so crazy over the scale with leader optimus...the real movie ironhide is barely up to optimus's WAIST. not perfect scale, not perfect at all. Which is disappointing...correct scaling of first movie autobots: Leader optimus, voyager ratchet, voyager ironhide, deluxe bumblebee, deluxe jazz. There, i said it. :BOT:
Sideswiped643
Mini-Con
Strength: 8
Speed: Infinity

Postby vectorA3 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:09 am

Motto: ""You must journey back farther into the matrix for the answer...""
Weapon: Energo-Sword
Superb. Sold!!! Great review. Hilarious when the cat was in there -the babytalk -LMAO!!! :lol: Hope these are out in good #s and the price isn't much over $45. Have no idea what the MSRP will be.

I must say that I've stood next to Prime/Peterbilt and the Ironhide/Topkick and the scale of the toys are pretty close. Esp. evidenced in 80sgeek's pic. I thought Prime was a lot taller, but not really. The topkick is VERY high. Almost need a ladder to get into it! I'll try & post some shots I took.

I have other Ironhide shots from '07 but can't find them right now.
"So who needs you spineless plasm-heads anyway?!!" -Astrotrain
vectorA3
Brainmaster
News Credits: 1
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10+

Next

Return to Transformers Toy Reviews

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars DARTH VADER #30 var ROTJ 40th Marvel Comics 2023 OCT221175 (CA)Sprouse"
Star Wars DARTH VA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars High Republic THE BLADE #1 Marvel Comics 2022 SEP221081 (CA) Camuncoli"
Star Wars High Rep ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STAR TREK DEFIANT #8 Cvr B IDW Comics 2023 JUL231226 8B (CA) Unzueta (W)Cantwell"
STAR TREK DEFIANT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #3 Cvr G 1:10 Dynamite Comics DEC220625 3G (CA) Kambadais (W) Weisman"
GARGOYLES #3 Cvr G ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #5 Cvr C Dynamite Comics 2024 SEP230245 5C (CA) Andolfo"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #6 Cvr E Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney MAR230497 6E (CA) Lee"
GARGOYLES #6 Cvr E ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STAR TREK #7 Cvr E 1:25 IDW Comics 2023 FEB231489 7E (CA) Ward"
STAR TREK #7 Cvr E ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STAR WARS HIGH REPUBLIC #12 var 1:25 Marvel Comics 2021 OCT210956 (CA) Wijngaard"
STAR WARS HIGH REP ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars DARTH VADER #24 var Pride Marvel Comics 2022 APR221041 (CA) Zama"
Star Wars DARTH VA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #3 Cvr P 1:30 Dynamite Comics 2023 JUL230293 3P (CA) Danino"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars HAN SOLO CHEWBACCA #8 var AOTC20 Marvel Comics OCT221002 (CA)Wijngaard"
Star Wars HAN SOLO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars HAN SOLO CHEWBACCA #10 Marvel Comics 2023 DEC220902 (CA) Noto"
Star Wars HAN SOLO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Trek DAY OF BLOOD #1 Cvr C IDW Comics 2023 MAY231380 1C (CA) Fenoglio"
Star Trek DAY OF B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars YODA #3 var 1:25 Marvel Comics 2023 NOV220835 (CA) Zircher (W) Scott"
Star Wars YODA #3 ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Power Plus Series Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Decepticon Vortex(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Strafe" on AMAZON