This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

David Kaye to Appear At BotCon 2011

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

David Kaye to Appear At BotCon 2011

Postby Diem » Fri May 06, 2011 5:18 pm

As the calendar counts down to this year's BotCon more and more details trickle out and thanks to Twitter we have more info; David Kaye will be putting in an appearance.

David Kaye wrote:Will be appearing @BotCon this year. Friday June 3 1 to about 4. Look forward to seeing you there !

David Kaye has been the voice of Megatron in the Beast Era and the Unicron Trilogy and Optimus Prime among other characters in Transformers Animated, yeeeeesssss.

BotCon have revealed on their own Twitter that Kaye will be signing autographs and taking part in a "special panel".

His Twitter can be found here.

For the latest in BotCon news stick with Seibertron.com!
Diem
City Commander
News Credits: 217

Re: David Kaye to Appear At BotCon 2011

Postby Sabrblade » Fri May 06, 2011 6:21 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Oh, YES, indeed!

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby TulioDude » Fri May 06, 2011 6:26 pm

Motto: "Never doubt the awesomess."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
Yes!David Kaye is one of my favorite voice actors and he is great!
Check out his script reading in Tfcon 2010
Silverwing wrote:Also, I feel compelled to give the obligatory: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
One for each year of the Movieverse's decade strong tenure. Here's to a few more explosive years!

Here is my DeviantArt page and my Tumblr blog.
TulioDude
Gestalt
News Credits: 6
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Postby El Duque » Fri May 06, 2011 6:38 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun

It just keeps getting better and better for you lucky Seibertronians who will be attending this year's BotCon! We just brought you word that legendary voice actor David Kaye would be making an appearance and now we're happy to announce that Flint Dille of G1 cartoon fame will also be in attendance. Flint Dille served as writer, editor, and many other roles on Sunbow Productions original G1 Transformers cartoon.

FLINT DILLE has spent most of his creative life on the porous border between the game business and the film business. He has designed games with Gary Gygax and written movies for Steven Spielberg. His friend, Frank Miller, immortalized him as Dillios (a Spartan-ization of Dille), the narrator in 300. Flint has twice won 'Game Script of the Year' (Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay and Dead to Rights and is up for awards for Ghostbusters and Dark Athena.

He has worked on numerous franchises including Transformers (writer on Transformers: The Movie), G.I. Joe, James Bond, Batman (in Guinness Book of Videogame Records for having created the first Batman villain outside of the comics), Superman, Dungeons & Dragons, American Tail, Teen Titans, Scooby-Doo (writing a story about the guy who made all of those rubber costumes) and is the grandson of the originator of Buck Rogers. He has a degree in Ancient History from U.C. Berkeley and an MFA from USC. He is also a consultant to the intelligence community.

Don't miss this opportunity to meet Flint at the 2011 BotCon in Pasadena, Calif. for autographs and a very special panel on Saturday, June 4th!
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Postby NatsumeRyu » Fri May 06, 2011 10:07 pm

Motto: ""'Camshaft' See, they said my name!""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
I think it's pretty safe to say at least one of these two will be inaugurated, if not both. ;)

Should be concerned that a video can made of BWMegatron saying yes and no for FIVE+ minutes without apparently reusing clips? O_O; I knew he said it a lot, but I never thought compiled it would be THAT long! D:
I take commissions!
2014-Officer Vi-Senketsu & Junketsu-Silver Knight-Origami Cyclone
13-Terminus Armor-Megaman-Lord Death-Tali
12-WfC Brawl-Gurren Lagann-Doc
11-Reaper Conduit-Rampage
<10-Brawl-Camshaft-Jazz-Blackout-Starscream-Bumblebee
NatsumeRyu
Combiner
News Credits: 3
Buy from NatsumeRyu on eBay
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 3
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6

Postby Rated X » Sat May 07, 2011 8:19 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
I hope the Dinobot and Perceptor voice actors come again cause this year I have boxes of their respective characters to get autographed.
Rated X
Banned
Strength: 5
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby Sabrblade » Sat May 07, 2011 8:30 am

Rated X wrote:I hope the Dinobot and Perceptor voice actors come again cause this year I have boxes of their respective characters to get autographed.
Doubtful. It's not often that they get the same two people to appear at two consecutive BotCons if they aren't someone like Peter Cullen. ;)

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby cannonfodder4000 » Sat May 07, 2011 9:58 am

Motto: "Dey are fools! and dey will dai, like foods!"
Weapon: Right Laser
Sabrblade wrote:
Rated X wrote:I hope the Dinobot and Perceptor voice actors come again cause this year I have boxes of their respective characters to get autographed.
Doubtful. It's not often that they get the same two people to appear at two consecutive BotCons if they aren't someone like Peter Cullen. ;)

But David Kaye was in Botcon 2010, and the one before that, and the one before that, and the one before that, and Botcon 1998, and the one before that one! :P
cannonfodder4000
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 17
Watch cannonfodder4000 on YouTube
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 1
Endurance: 2
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby Rodimus Prime » Sat May 07, 2011 10:30 am

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
LMFAO @ that video. F**king hilarous!!! YEEESSS.

I'm going to BotCon with 3 female friends who love Beast Wars, especially Megatron. seriously. All 3 of them hardcore Megatron lovers. I would like to thank Mr. Kaye in advance for being my wingman. :twisted:

I wonder if he'll sign my Beast Wars box set.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby Twitchythe3rd » Sat May 07, 2011 10:50 am

Motto: "Embrace the coming oblivion."
Weapon: Black Magic
NatsumeRyu wrote:I think it's pretty safe to say at least one of these two will be inaugurated, if not both. ;)

Should be concerned that a video can made of BWMegatron saying yes and no for FIVE+ minutes without apparently reusing clips? O_O; I knew he said it a lot, but I never thought compiled it would be THAT long! D:

It's possible. David Kaye has been in almost every series since Beast Wars.

That's the beauty of Beast Wars Megatron. He was able to take a simple word and basically make it his own. So much so, he said it 166 times during the course of the series. None of those clips are repeats.
Twitchythe3rd
Brainmaster
News Credits: 2
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 5
Endurance: 4
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10

Postby Sabrblade » Sat May 07, 2011 11:51 am

cannonfodder4000 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

But David Kaye was in Botcon 2010, and the one before that, and the one before that, and the one before that, and Botcon 1998, and the one before that one! :P
He was not at BotCon 2010. He was only at 1997-1998 and 2007-2009.

The 1997-1998 conventions were headed by 3H. Things worked differently back then than they do now. And it made sense for him to appear at 2007-2007 because Animated was going on then.

And he's just one guy. What I meant was that it's rare that they get more then one of the same guests from one convention to appear at the immediate next one.

Also, here's the FULL script reading from TFCon 2010 that TulioDude posted. It's kinda long, so best to get confortable. ;)

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Mindmaster » Sat May 07, 2011 6:17 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
God damn it... Wish I could be there...... :sad: :BANG_HEAD:
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 6

Postby El Duque » Mon May 09, 2011 4:22 pm

BotCon has announced their next special guest, voice actor Gregg Berger. Berger voiced several characters in the original G1 Cartoon, most notably Grimlock, who just happens to be in the running for induction into the Hall of Fame this year. You may recall Berger recorded a campaign video for his old character last month.

GREG BERGER the voices of (G1 Grimlock, Longhaul, Skyfire, Outback) continues to combine his on camera, stage work, writing, teaching and his Convention personal appearances, nationally and internationally, with his consistently busy voice over career. In addition to his 80’s Transformers work, he is also the animated voice of Spirit, Firefly, Cutter and Ripcord on the original G.I. Joe animated series. In January of 2001, Animation Magazine named Gregg as one of their “Top Voice Actors of the New Generation.” As an animation voice-over talent, it's been a dog's life for him and that's just the way he likes it. He has been the voice of ODIE the dog on Garfield (since Odie has had a voice) as well as numerous other cartoon characters, such as evil-doers KRAVEN the Hunter and MYSTERIO on Fox's Spiderman and AGENT K in Men In Black on the Kids' WB, just to name a few.

Gregg Berger's Interactive Game credits include work for Ensemble Studios, Lucas Arts, Disney Interactive, Dreamworks Interactive, Electronic Arts, Naughty Dog, Sierra, Westwood and others. His game titles include HALO Wars as CUTTER, Spiderman: Web of Shadows as KINGPIN, Wolverine: X-Men Origins as FRED DUKES aka THE BLOB, Final Fantasy X and X-2 as SIR JECHT, Kingdom Hearts as EEYORE, Star Wars: Episode One Racer and Star Wars: Phantom Menace, Winnie the Pooh/Eeyore Interactives, Curse of Monkey Island, Small Soldiers, Baldaur's Gate, Gabriel Knight, Ground Control, Red Alert, Wacky Racers, Tarzan, Ahhh!!! Real Monsters, and more.

His voice can also regularly be found on radio and television commercials, network promos, feature film trailers and radio recreations. What does Gregg Berger enjoy doing most? Simple... “all of it!” Gregg has also volunteered his time and talents to Los Angeles based Famous Fone Friends, and through them, have made calls to kids in Pediatric Hospitals all across the country.

Gregg Berger remains grateful as always for his fans’ continued SUPPORT!
El Duque
Matrix Keeper

Postby Sabrblade » Mon May 09, 2011 4:29 pm

*sigh*

Well, that's it. I guess we know who won the Hall of Fame, then. Not who I was hoping for, though. 8-|

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Twitchythe3rd » Mon May 09, 2011 4:41 pm

Motto: "Embrace the coming oblivion."
Weapon: Black Magic
Sabrblade wrote:*sigh*

Well, that's it. I guess we know who won the Hall of Fame, then. Not who I was hoping for, though. 8-|

I wouldn't say that just yet. He and David Kaye could be the human inductees for this year.
Twitchythe3rd
Brainmaster
News Credits: 2
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 5
Endurance: 4
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10

Postby Sabrblade » Mon May 09, 2011 4:53 pm

Twitchythe3rd wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:*sigh*

I wouldn't say that just yet. He and David Kaye could be the human inductees for this year.
Yes, but remember how Scott McNeil just happened to be a guest last year, when Dinobot was one of the fan nominees? (Cullen had an excuse, since he himself was one of the human inductees)

And now, Gregg Berger just happens to be a guest this year, when Grimlock is one of the fan nominees. ;) :roll:

And, I doubt that he will be getting inducted into the Hall, since he hasn't contributed much to the franchise outside of voicing only G1 Grimlock, G1 Skyfire and three other smaller roles (G1 Long Haul, G1 Outback, and TORQ III). Kaye maybe, but not Berger.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Re: Gregg Berger to Appear At BotCon 2011

Postby PrymeStriker » Mon May 09, 2011 5:45 pm

Motto: "When did I get this tattoo?"
Weapon: Thrust Gun
Mmm, the first time I've seen Gregg Berger in person. Accursed wikipedia >_<
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 15
Alt Mode: An Enormous Red Rocket
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 1

Postby Sabrblade » Tue May 10, 2011 9:54 am

Also, Kaye had also voiced a Grimlock recently, so it'd seem pretty coincidental for Grimlock to NOT be the winner when there are TWO of his voice actors present at the same convention during the same year of this event. :roll:

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby El Duque » Tue May 10, 2011 5:05 pm

BotCon has just informed us that their fourth special guest at this year's event is voice actress Morgan Lofting. You may know her better as the voice of the Baroness from G. I. Joe: A Real American Hero, but she also voiced Moonracer & Firestar from the original G1 Transformers episode "The Search for Alpha Trion".

MORGAN LOFTING worked throughout the 70's and 80's performing various media voice-overs including cartoons, narrations, and commercials. On-camera there were a few good old TV series and Movies of the Week-- plus plays in New York and L A. and several regrettable movies, but let's not go there.

In '89 Morgan returned to college to finish her Bachelor's Degree, stayed for an MA in history and was on her way to a doctorate when she took another swerve...so much to learn, so little time.

Now Morgan has found a new love, "bartending with books" as she calls it at her city library -- a job that leaves her plenty of time to travel, do yoga and read, read and read.

For many, Morgan will always be the voice of the Baroness from the G. I. Joe: A Real American Hero animated series, as well as Firestar and Moonracer on the classic Transformers animated series. Even her son and grandkids are fans! But, sadly, Morgan never got to savage the universe as a Decepticon, until this years Botcon's script reading that is!

She has issued fair warning... Watch out Optimus Prime!
El Duque
Matrix Keeper

Postby Wheeljack35 » Tue May 10, 2011 6:51 pm

Morgan was at Joecon earlier and a female friend of mine got to shopping with her I think they will again after Botcon
Wheeljack35
City Commander
News Credits: 26
Watch Wheeljack35 on YouTube

Postby T-Macksimus » Tue May 10, 2011 8:03 pm

I was going to raise a stink over the fact that you left her voice work in Star Blazers out of the list but then I remembered that those of us who remember that show from it's first time around are probably in a very small minority on here.

It's very cool that she will be in attendance. It's just a shame that I wont be. The list this year looks great and I have yet to make it to a BotCon. Someday it will happen. ;)
"That which does not kill me...had better run pretty damn fast!"
T-Macksimus
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby Rated X » Tue May 10, 2011 10:01 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
This girl only voiced two G1 characters that appeared in one episode with minimal dialogue. I hope her pannel doesnt become a G.I. Joe seminar.
Rated X
Banned
Strength: 5
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby Blurrz » Tue May 10, 2011 11:22 pm

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
Rated X wrote:This girl only voiced two G1 characters that appeared in one episode with minimal dialogue. I hope her pannel doesnt become a G.I. Joe seminar.

No, this isn't the GiJoecon. She's also played three female humans in G1 too.
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Skill: 5

Postby Sabrblade » Tue May 10, 2011 11:31 pm

And she's apparently gonna voice Animated Drag Strip in a script reading at the convention. ;)

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Blurrz » Wed May 11, 2011 1:25 am

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
Good, her Baroness voice is husky, and that's what you need out of a Femcon.
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Skill: 5

Next

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHEELJACK Transformers Generations Deluxe complete Hasbro 2011 230809A"
WHEELJACK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Trypticon RAMP (LEFT HIP) Transformers Titans Return part accs 2017 230817D"
Trypticon RAMP (LE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TREAD BOLT Transformers Universe Voyager complete + instructions 2008 230920A"
TREAD BOLT Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CLOUDRAKER Transformers Titans Return Generations Legends complete 2017 231209A"
CLOUDRAKER Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SERGEANT KUP Transformers Generations Deluxe complete Hasbro 2010 230920A"
SERGEANT KUP Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HARDHEAD + FUROS Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete + more 2016 231208X"
HARDHEAD + FUROS T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "PROWL Transformers Universe Spy Changer complete Hasbro 2005 230821A"
PROWL Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCOURGE Transformers Generations Deluxe complete Hasbro 2010 230903A"
SCOURGE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOT ROD + FIREDRIVE Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete 2016 230427A"
HOT ROD + FIREDRIV ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Protectobot ROOK Transformers Generations Combiner Wars IDW pack-in comic book"
Protectobot ROOK T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Trypticon RAMP (RIGHT HIP) Transformers Titans Return part accs 2017 230817E"
Trypticon RAMP (RI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STARSCREAM Transformers Generations Alt-Modes Series 1 Hasbro 2016"
STARSCREAM Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HIGHBROW + XORT Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete Hasbro 2016 231208U"
HIGHBROW + XORT Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Lancer ENAMEL PIN SDCC 2019 Transformers Generations Selects EE Hasbro NEW"
Lancer ENAMEL PIN ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Trypticon Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Skywarp Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Sergeant Kup and Flintlock" on AMAZON