This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

MP-09 Masterpiece Rodimus Second Version

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

MP-09 Masterpiece Rodimus Second Version

Postby Razorclaw0000 » Wed May 11, 2011 1:19 pm

Motto: "Know that I am Razorclaw, that my reality is not yours, and while I share Tigerhawk's dual Spark and Vok heritage...
I am NOT he!"
Weapon: Ion Particle Blaster
Site sponsor BigBadToyStore.com has just listed MP-09 Masterpiece Rodimus Prime Version 02, stating:

BBTS wrote:This second release is to have corrected the flaws of the original version.

Please Note: We cannot accept returns or exchanges (from Pile of Loot or shipping returns) on the original version of the MP-09 for the updated version of the MP-09, we apologize for any inconvenience.

Why do not have additional details at this time, but it appears the controversial figure may be tweaked to address some of fans' biggest problems, like paint wear.

In the meantime, you can check out our MP-09 Rodimus Prime Gallery, one of the most comprehensive galleries of the figure so far!

Seibertron.com is your ultimate Transformers resource!
Razorclaw0000
Gestalt
News Credits: 609
Buy from Razorclaw0000 on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: MP-09 Masterpiece Rodimus Second Version

Postby Razorclaw0000 » Wed May 11, 2011 1:20 pm

Motto: "Know that I am Razorclaw, that my reality is not yours, and while I share Tigerhawk's dual Spark and Vok heritage...
I am NOT he!"
What a kick in the dick.
Razorclaw0000
Gestalt

Postby Powermaster Jazz » Wed May 11, 2011 1:27 pm

eh, I'm happy with mine.
Powermaster Jazz
Vehicon
News Credits: 8

Postby Bumblevivisector » Wed May 11, 2011 1:28 pm

Well, my being too broke to collect everything I want seems to have a silver lining! I'm actually happy enough about this that I apologize to everyone here who feels kicked...um...down there.
Bumblevivisector
Godmaster
News Credits: 1
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 6

Postby Galvatrondestroyer » Wed May 11, 2011 1:28 pm

Motto: "You cannot achieve success without the risk of failure."
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Wow..at least they're fixing this one...unlike Megs. Still, I'll wait to see some reviews before I pull the trigger on this type of purchase.
Galvatrondestroyer
Minibot
News Credits: 2
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby robofreak » Wed May 11, 2011 1:30 pm

I'll buy this one. I'll have the money at that time.

Anyways, I think this is the one that should have come out the first time around.

Would have saved a lot of frustration.

You'd think all the product testing these things go through, they would have caught the flaws early on.
Burn wrote:robofreak doesn't joke. He's all about the serious business of the internet.

ItIsHim wrote:My closet is filled to the brim with plastic children's toys. For myself
robofreak
Gestalt
News Credits: 12

Postby Counterpunch » Wed May 11, 2011 1:30 pm

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
The problem was not with the quality; the problem was his price was $10 too cheap.

That's being fixed though.

Thank you Takara!
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Strength: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4

Postby Motorthing » Wed May 11, 2011 1:31 pm

Motto: "I've said it before and I'll say it again....Freedom's fine as long as you have a Honkin' Big Gun pointing at the Bad Guys"
Quite happy to know I waited now - after Meg's "cosmic-rust" issue I've been weary of charging in to pick these up straight away, although to be fair Grimlock was totally fine.
FansProject is the right of all sentient beings
Motorthing
Vehicon
Buy from Motorthing on eBay
Speed: 4
Firepower: 9
Skill: 6

Postby robofreak » Wed May 11, 2011 1:32 pm

Counterpunch wrote:The problem was not with the quality; the problem was his price was $10 too cheap.

Thank you Takara!

Wait, what was original retail on the first run anyway?
Burn wrote:robofreak doesn't joke. He's all about the serious business of the internet.

ItIsHim wrote:My closet is filled to the brim with plastic children's toys. For myself
robofreak
Gestalt

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Wed May 11, 2011 1:32 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
robofreak wrote:I'll buy this one. I'll have the money at that time.

Anyways, I think this is the one that should have come out the first time around.

Would have saved a lot of frustration.

You'd think all the product testing these things go through, they would have caught the flaws early on.

Some flaws only show with "rough play", something that can't really be done at the factories. With that, I'm gonna wait this out.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Skill: 5

Postby paul053 » Wed May 11, 2011 1:35 pm

What does this story tell us? When MP-10 comes out and if and only if you want to buy it, don't buy the first version but wait until second version.
paul053
Godmaster
Buy from paul053 on eBay

Postby Nemesis Destron » Wed May 11, 2011 1:35 pm

Motto: ""So you see evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb!""
Weapon: Dual-Sonic Disrupter Gun
I didn't get this one like most MP's but man what a $#!t sandwich a lot of fans had to choke down on...way to go Takara! :CON:
Nemesis Destron
Gestalt

Postby robofreak » Wed May 11, 2011 1:35 pm

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Some flaws only show with "rough play", something that can't really be done at the factories. With that, I'm gonna wait this out.

True about play. I missed the first run, so I'll go for this one.

I do want some reviews or a list of all the exact problems they are fixing.

I would like to know if they finally made that spoiler yellow plastic or if it's still painted.

robofreak
Gestalt

Postby Sideswipe 00 » Wed May 11, 2011 1:36 pm

Motto: "We Can't hold out forever Kup! But we CAN give them one humongous repair bill!"
Weapon: Disruptor Rifle
robofreak wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:The problem was not with the quality; the problem was his price was $10 too cheap.

Thank you Takara!

Wait, what was original retail on the first run anyway?

well to everyone who preordered got it for $200 everyone who else bought it, they got it for $209. But hopefully its not fragile or as fragile as the first version. I soo wanted him...but the with flaws did not justify the $200 price tag. I wonder when Hasbro is releasing theirs...
Sideswipe 00
Fuzor
Watch Sideswipe 00 on YouTube
Intelligence: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby Counterpunch » Wed May 11, 2011 1:36 pm

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
I like that the news pic is a pic of his crotch.

Hot Rod indeed.
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Strength: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4

Postby Immortal Starscream » Wed May 11, 2011 1:39 pm

the only real issue with the origional release was the tolerances. The design has a very precise, low tolerance threshhold, while the factory has a very high tolerance threshold in the manufacturing process, which creates massive issues, such as the floppy vizor on some, while others are too tight to turn. that and takaras legendary quality controll issues. still love my microman acro emperor "sorry, these all come out of the factory broken" classic.

this however im guessing is Takaras release ofHasbro's version of the mold, which im also guessing if we dont see at botcon, we will see at sdcc. it was practicaly a given that Hasbro would tweak the mold so it could work and be sold in the american market.

"They're playing with him... and when they're done they're going to play with me.... OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!"
Immortal Starscream
Headmaster
News Credits: 18

Postby Sideswipe 00 » Wed May 11, 2011 1:43 pm

Motto: "We Can't hold out forever Kup! But we CAN give them one humongous repair bill!"
Weapon: Disruptor Rifle
Immortal Starscream wrote:the only real issue with the origional release was the tolerances. The design has a very precise, low tolerance threshhold, while the factory has a very high tolerance threshold in the manufacturing process, which creates massive issues, such as the floppy vizor on some, while others are too tight to turn. that and takaras legendary quality controll issues. still love my microman acro emperor "sorry, these all come out of the factory broken" classic.

this however im guessing is Takaras release ofHasbro's version of the mold, which im also guessing if we dont see at botcon, we will see at sdcc. it was practicaly a given that Hasbro would tweak the mold so it could work and be sold in the american market.

yeah cause this will have a $70-$90 price tag and quite a bit of parents will buy this for their kids. a few of my little cousins have Masterpiece Grimlock. And they are ages 5-11. Nothing broken (which is a big surprise actually lol) If they were given Masterpiece Hot Rod, he would be a pile of plastic pieces by the end of the day XD. (with the first version)
Sideswipe 00
Fuzor
Watch Sideswipe 00 on YouTube

Postby Razorclaw0000 » Wed May 11, 2011 2:01 pm

I am NOT he!"
Counterpunch wrote:I like that the news pic is a pic of his crotch.

Hot Rod indeed.

I did that just for you.
Razorclaw0000
Gestalt

Postby NamelessOne » Wed May 11, 2011 2:05 pm

Motto: "My legs hurt!!!"
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Razorclaw0000 wrote:What a kick in the dick.

This. Why did I bother giving these guys my money in the first place?!? :BOOM: :sad: :evil:
NamelessOne
Minibot
Strength: 7
Endurance: 6

Postby NTESHFT » Wed May 11, 2011 2:21 pm

Motto: "60% of the time, it works every time!"
Weapon: Black Magic
Galvatrondestroyer wrote:Wow..at least they're fixing this one...unlike Megs. Still, I'll wait to see some reviews before I pull the trigger on this type of purchase.

What were some problems with Megs, other than couldn't keep his arm up due to the weight of the scope? I haven't noticed anything with mine.

I do plan on getting this one. I'll have the money for it by the time it comes out. But what do they plan on doing with the first version if this one is supposed to be way better?
NTESHFT
Brainmaster
Buy from NTESHFT on eBay
Alt Mode: NISMO 370Z
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Courage: 7

Postby --B-- » Wed May 11, 2011 2:48 pm

Motto: "Doing things my own way and never giving up!"

Perfect usage of this phrase.

I may be tempted to pick this up, but I always disliked the Rodimus Prime vehicle mode, so I may wait for the hasbro version.
Check out my sales thread, plenty of Generations, and Reveal the Shield figures for sale!!

generations-rts-deluxes-scouts-and-legends-along-with-voyager-lugnut-for-sale-t78434.php
--B--
Gestalt
News Credits: 5
Buy from --B-- on eBay

Postby starfish » Wed May 11, 2011 3:08 pm

It wasn't just the spoiler and visor issues, though, there were tonnes of little glitches.

Some copies of the figure have major misalignment problems.

My own copy suffers from the fact that one of the leg joints is misaligned (I've tried repairing but to no avail), which means that the left leg is never quite lined up inside the body, which leads to a number of other issues - it means the right arm can't peg back onto the body in car mode, the left shin flap can't peg into the crotch, and the pipes on that side don't connect properly in car mode. And all this from the *slightest* manufacturing glitch!

That said, I know a lot of people who were always going to get two copies of this figure - one to display as Rodimus and one as Hot Rod, or one in robot mode and one in vehicle mode - so buying it twice isn't a major headache.

Besides which, don't we know already that the Hasbro version is going to come with an (as yet undisclosed) exclusive accessory? Rumours abound on a Targetmaster partner.

Whatever the outcome, I'll probably get the Hasbro version at some point down the line, just as I had always intended - the Takara one can stay in robot mode and donate his trailer to the Hasbro copy.

Thankfully the movie line doesn't interest me at all (shellformers and giant backpacks I can do without, thanks), so my Transformers budget is ready to be blown on a new Hasbro Roddy!
starfish
Combiner

Postby Kibble » Wed May 11, 2011 3:43 pm

Motto: "Life is like a triple-X choose your own adventure..."
Weapon: No Weapon
NaM3L3sS wrote:

This. Why did I bother giving these guys my money in the first place?!? :BOOM: :sad: :evil:

Thris. Glad I got to be a $200 guinea pig, though...

It's **** like this where I can almost understand the jackasses that pull the ol' switcharoo return jobs. Here it's almost actually tempting! They're not as stupid as Walmart, though, so I'm sure they'll be looking for this very thing.
Kibble
City Commander
News Credits: 3

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Wed May 11, 2011 4:13 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
I had to laugh at the little note about not taking back or exchanging any of the Rodimi from the first run.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10

Postby WeatherManNX01 » Wed May 11, 2011 4:26 pm

Motto: "I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me."
Gotta say, I'm a bit annoyed.

If this released had come even just a year down the road, I'd be okay with it. But for Takara to fix it up so soon after initial batches went out, that's kinda hard to swallow.

I have learned one thing, though: Takara almost always does a second run. Probably worth it to wait in the future. *cancels MP-10 preorder*
WeatherManNX01
Combiner
Buy from WeatherManNX01 on eBay

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers PRIME DIRECTIVE #2 Vol 1 Dreamwave Comics 2002 G1 Decepticon cover"
Transformers PRIME ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 6th ptg Image Comics 2024 0124IM897 (CA) Lullabi (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #2 6th ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #33 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 MAY210466 33B (CA) Lloyd (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #33 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 2nd ptg Cvr B Destro Image Comics 2024 GI JOE 1123IM897 (CA) Howard"
DUKE #1 2nd ptg Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #2 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2024 2C 1223IM261 (CA) Burnham"
COBRA COMMANDER #2 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #22 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926U"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #36 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 AUG210582 36RI (CA) Montfort"
TRANSFORMERS #36 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 Cvr H 1:250 Image Comics 2023 1H GI JOE 1123IM822 (CA) Mack 231222E"
DUKE #1 Cvr H 1:25 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #5 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Bright (W) Budiansky 240317A"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS HEADMASTERS #3 Marvel Comics 1987 (A)Springer (W) Budiansky 230926Y"
TRANSFORMERS HEADM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ANNUAL 2021 IDW Comics 2021 MAR210489 (A/CA) Milne (W) Ruckley"
Transformers ANNUA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #27 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 NOV200365 27RI (CA) Goux (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #27 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #25 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 2 #4 Marvel Comics 1994 (W) Furman (CA) Yaniger 230915P"
TRANSFORMERS GENER ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Titans Return Autobots Throttle and Breakaway Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee – Energon Igniters Power Plus Series Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Dead End Figure" on AMAZON