This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

"Transformers Classified" a New Novel Series?

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

"Transformers Classified" a New Novel Series?

Postby El Duque » Sat May 28, 2011 3:12 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Amazon.com has listed a new pre-order for a previously unheard of Transformers novel, "Transformer Classified: Switching Gears". The book is penned by Ryder Windham and scheduled to release October 31, 2011. Based on the product description it appears this will be the first in a new series.

Product Description
An original Transformers novel series! Secrets are uncovered in the Nevada desert when a boy witnesses two Transformers arrive on Earth.

About the Author
Ryder Windham is the author of over sixty books, including many Star Wars and Indiana Jones titles. He teaches classes on comic art and storytelling at Rhode Island School of Design Continuing Education. He resides with his family in Providence, Rhode Island.

Hasbro, Inc. is a branded play company providing children and families around the world with a wide-range of immersive entertainment offerings based on the Company's world class brand portfolio. From toys and games, to television programming, motion pictures, video games and a comprehensive licensing program, Hasbro strives to delight its customers through the strategic leveraging of well-known and beloved brands such as TRANSFORMERS, LITTLEST PET SHOP, NERF, PLAYSKOOL, MY LITTLE PONY, G.I. JOE, MAGIC: THE GATHERING and MONOPOLY.

Product Details
  • Reading level: Young Adult
  • Hardcover: 256 pages
  • Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (October 31, 2011)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 0316186333
  • ISBN-13: 978-0316186339
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Re: "Transformers Classified" a New Novel Series?

Postby BATTOUSAIXD » Sat May 28, 2011 4:27 pm

Motto: "Sine Metu"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Sounds interesting.
BATTOUSAIXD
Combiner
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Postby prowl123 » Sat May 28, 2011 7:10 pm

Motto: "If your house burns down... it's my fault."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
How much you wanna bet those two Autobots are Optimus and Bumblebee, the two most over-saturated characters (especially Bee) in the Bayformers Universe?
~prowl123~

Don't take anything I say seriously, because what I say may not necessarily be what I mean.
prowl123
Brainmaster
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Sabrblade » Sun May 29, 2011 12:26 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Nevada, huh? Sounds like some connection to the Prime cartoon, since that takes place in Jasper, Nevada. ;)
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Strength: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7

Postby El Duque » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:44 am

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Amazon.com has revealed the cover for "Transformer Classified: Switching Gears". The junior novel is penned by Ryder Windham and scheduled to release October 31, 2011. The cover is mirrored below, the pre-order can be viewed by clicking here.

Product Description
An original Transformers novel series! Secrets are uncovered in the Nevada desert when a boy witnesses two Transformers arrive on Earth.

About the Author
Ryder Windham is the author of over sixty books, including many Star Wars and Indiana Jones titles. He teaches classes on comic art and storytelling at Rhode Island School of Design Continuing Education. He resides with his family in Providence, Rhode Island.

Hasbro, Inc. is a branded play company providing children and families around the world with a wide-range of immersive entertainment offerings based on the Company's world class brand portfolio. From toys and games, to television programming, motion pictures, video games and a comprehensive licensing program, Hasbro strives to delight its customers through the strategic leveraging of well-known and beloved brands such as TRANSFORMERS, LITTLEST PET SHOP, NERF, PLAYSKOOL, MY LITTLE PONY, G.I. JOE, MAGIC: THE GATHERING and MONOPOLY.

Product Details
  • Reading level: Young Adult
  • Hardcover: 256 pages
  • Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (October 31, 2011)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 0316186333
  • ISBN-13: 978-0316186339
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Postby Blackstreak » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:50 am

Motto: ""I'm stronger than I look, but not as strong as I think I am.""
Weapon: Laser Rifle
Gotta love the original cartoon story of the same name. Give back Gear's personality chip!!

# of Transformers in collection: 332
Looking for 1985 Action Cards
Blackstreak
Godmaster
News Credits: 1
Watch Blackstreak on YouTube
Buy from Blackstreak on eBay
Alt Mode: Datsun 280 ZX or Dodge Viper
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Postby GetRightRobot » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:54 am

Motto: "Surf in the Summer, Collect in the Winter."
Weapon: Neptune Sword
prowl123 wrote:How much you wanna bet those two Autobots are Optimus and Bumblebee, the two most over-saturated characters (especially Bee) in the Bayformers Universe?

Bumblebee certainly, seeing as how he was already on earth during the first film. The second is obviously Gears. Its in the name of the book, and that is the Stockade repaint of Gears on the cover. Nice nod to the G1 episode "Changing Gears", which is one of my all time favorites! Starscream's constant death threats to nice Gears is hilarious!! :lol:
GetRightRobot
Godmaster
News Credits: 187
Watch GetRightRobot on YouTube
Buy from GetRightRobot on eBay
Intelligence: 2
Skill: 7

Postby gothsaurus » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:00 am

Too bad they couldn't coincide the release a little better... Gears is LONG gone from the shelves. Heh.

I like the notion of some character development to otherwise unloved toys and characters via these books. They should plan for a series or set of them to match a group of unused characters in a toyline. eh? Six deluxes or scouts with interesting, inter-woven storylines?
gothsaurus
Gestalt

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:02 am

El Duque wrote:Image
Please tell me that is NOT Movie Bumblebee I see on the over. And is that... ROTF Gears?!!

This is supposed to be about when the Autobots first arrive on Earth in Nevada, which is the setting of the Prime cartoon. So, logically, this would take place at some point before that show's beginning.

Yet, what's with all the Movieverse stuff going on with this cover? Image Image Image

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby gothsaurus » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:09 am

Wha. I don't see any problems with the cover.

test.jpg
test.jpg (46.01 KiB) Viewed 7631 times
gothsaurus
Gestalt

Postby GetRightRobot » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:13 am

Motto: "Surf in the Summer, Collect in the Winter."
Weapon: Neptune Sword
gothsaurus wrote:Wha. I don't see any problems with the cover.

test.jpg

nice. :APPLAUSE:
GetRightRobot
Godmaster
News Credits: 187
Watch GetRightRobot on YouTube
Buy from GetRightRobot on eBay
Intelligence: 2
Skill: 7

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:26 am

gothsaurus wrote:Wha. I don't see any problems with the cover.
If this is supposed to be part fo the Aligned continuity, then it's not doing a good job at it. All previous signs pointed to it being such. Now for them to go and say that it's actually Movieverse fiction just feels like a complete 180 on their part. #-o 8-|

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby gothsaurus » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:34 am

Sabrblade wrote:If this is supposed to be part fo the Aligned continuity, then it's not doing a good job at it. All previous signs pointed to it being such. Now for them to go and say that it's actually Movieverse fiction just feels like a complete 180 on their part. #-o 8-|

You didn't look at the pic. :D

But yeah, mixing continuities is like making linguini-burrito-eggrolls.
gothsaurus
Gestalt

Postby Starscream's Girl » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:35 am

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Young adult huh? Sounds like a kiddy book that we could all read within a hour or so. If that is what this book is, I won't be getting it. I like real sci-fi novels. This book will be in the kids section at bookstores and not the sci-fi one.
Long live the Decepticons!! I love G1 Starscream!!

Don't tell Starscream, but I'm in love with movieverse Ironhide! ;)

Current TF count: 255 (and growing)
Starscream's Girl
Headmaster Jr
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:38 am

gothsaurus wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:If this is supposed to be part fo the Aligned continuity, then it's not doing a good job at it. All previous signs pointed to it being such. Now for them to go and say that it's actually Movieverse fiction just feels like a complete 180 on their part. #-o 8-|

You didn't look at the pic. :D
Oh, I saw it. I just felt no need to say anything of it after what GetRightRobot said.

gothsaurus wrote:But yeah, mixing continuities is like making linguini-burrito-eggrolls.
No, not mixing. I mean, it seemed like this was going to be Prime-based, and now that we see it isn't, it just feels uncomfortable.

Starscream's Girl wrote:Young adult huh? Sounds like a kiddy book that we could all read within a hour or so. If that is what this book is, I won't be getting it. I like real sci-fi novels. This book will be in the kids section at bookstores and not the sci-fi one.
"Young adult" = late teens. Children are far from being of the appropriate age.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby outerglow » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:04 pm

GetRightRobot wrote:
prowl123 wrote:How much you wanna bet those two Autobots are Optimus and Bumblebee, the two most over-saturated characters (especially Bee) in the Bayformers Universe?

Bumblebee certainly, seeing as how he was already on earth during the first film. The second is obviously Gears. Its in the name of the book, and that is the Stockade repaint of Gears on the cover. Nice nod to the G1 episode "Changing Gears", which is one of my all time favorites! Starscream's constant death threats to nice Gears is hilarious!! :lol:

Oh man! I noticed that too. LOVED Changing Gears, quite possibly one of my all time fav Screamer episodes! I didn't know what was funnier, Screamer's short fuse or Ironhide freaking out cause Gears was nice.
outerglow
Mini-Con

Postby Starscream's Girl » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:05 pm

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Late teens mean kids to me, lol. Since I haven't been a teen since the '90's.
Long live the Decepticons!! I love G1 Starscream!!

Don't tell Starscream, but I'm in love with movieverse Ironhide! ;)

Current TF count: 255 (and growing)
Starscream's Girl
Headmaster Jr
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8

Postby prowl123 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:01 pm

Motto: "If your house burns down... it's my fault."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
I like reading...

But I won't bother with this.
~prowl123~

Don't take anything I say seriously, because what I say may not necessarily be what I mean.
prowl123
Brainmaster
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:13 pm

Starscream's Girl wrote:Late teens mean kids to me, lol. Since I haven't been a teen since the '90's.
"Young Adult" also = "early twenties". Either way, this ain't Kindergarten reading. :roll:

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan HOIST Tow-Bot (Flatbed Truck) Transformers Rescue Bots Academy 2019"
Rescan HOIST Tow-B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Energize OPTIMUS PRIME COMMANDER-BOT Transformers Rescue Bots 2012 Playskool"
Energize OPTIMUS P ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOIST TOW-BOT Transformers Rescue Bots 2012 Playskool 191206a"
HOIST TOW-BOT Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Playskool Racing Truck New"
Rescan OPTIMUS PRI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Earthspark Deluxe Mandroid wave Hasbro 2023 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan HEATWAVE Fire Bot Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Playskool 2019 Racecar"
Rescan HEATWAVE Fi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Rescue Bots Academy 2020 Racing Truck 2020"
Rescan OPTIMUS PRI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIMAL Transformers Classic Heroes Team Rescue Bots Hasbro 2022 New"
OPTIMUS PRIMAL Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Feature Bot OPTIMUS PRIME action figure Transformers Rescue Bots Playskool 2015"
Feature Bot OPTIMU ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Earthspark Warrior Class Hasbro 2023 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Earthspark Deluxe Mandroid wave Hasbro 2023 New"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Classic Heroes Team Rescue Bots Hasbro 2022 New"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKYWARP Transformers Earthspark Warrior Class Hasbro 2023 New"
SKYWARP Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan WHIRL Flight-Bot (VTOL jet) Transformers Rescue Bots Academy 2019 Hasbro"
Rescan WHIRL Fligh ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Galvatronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - MEGATRON Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight -- Knight Armor Turbo Changer Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight -- Knight Armor Turbo Changer Grimlock" on AMAZON