This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Takara DMK02 Bumblebee Dual Model Kit Pictorial Review

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Takara DMK02 Bumblebee Dual Model Kit Pictorial Review

Postby El Duque » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:42 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
ACToys member leilei111 has posted a detailed pictorial review of Takara's DMK02 Bumblebee Dual Model Kit. Lots of images from just out of the box and still on the sprues to fully assembled and compared to a DOTM Deluxe and Nitro Bees. A few of the images are mirrored below, click here for many more.

"It's just a flesh wound!"

Last edited by El Duque on Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Re: Takara DMK02 Bumblebee Dual Model Kit Pictorial Review

Postby Ravage XK » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:48 pm

Motto: "Are those my feet?"
Weapon: 20 Megavolt Stun Rifle
Its a lot smaller than I was expecting, kinda dissapointing. :(

TF COUNT: Lost count!
Latest Additions: Haslab Unicron, Siege Jetifre, SS Blitzwing
Ravage XK
Gestalt
News Credits: 15
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby GetRightRobot » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:01 pm

Motto: "Surf in the Summer, Collect in the Winter."
Weapon: Neptune Sword
I really dig the protoform/naked BB! The last thing I need in life is another movie BB, but very cool, mad kitbash potential! :D
GetRightRobot
Godmaster
News Credits: 187
Watch GetRightRobot on YouTube
Buy from GetRightRobot on eBay
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 2
Speed: 9
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby gothsaurus » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:31 pm

Really cool in both forms... and displays well with the other Bumblebees. Has his own detail and look to him.. I just wish he didn't have a license plate on his protoform nads.
gothsaurus
Gestalt

Postby Doctor McGrath » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:59 pm

Motto: "This is quick but not quite painless.."
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Glue Gun
The articulation seems awkward.
El Duque wrote:Quite a firestorm I started here :michaelbay:
Doctor McGrath
Gestalt
News Credits: 5
Buy from Doctor McGrath on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Courage: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Megatron Wolf » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:14 pm

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
man why cant hasbro bring these over, i miss action figure model kits. Gundam & Zoids were awesome. Hell i miss models in general no one sells them anymore.
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Skill: 10

Postby robofreak » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:37 pm

Megatron Wolf wrote:man why cant hasbro bring these over, i miss action figure model kits. Gundam & Zoids were awesome. Hell i miss models in general no one sells them anymore.

You can blame child safety laws. Gunpla and Zoids are considered lethal weapons now according to retail. Specialty hobby shops is the only way to go for them now.

I was hoping he'd be about 2 inches taller.

Still looking forward to Prime.
Burn wrote:robofreak doesn't joke. He's all about the serious business of the internet.

ItIsHim wrote:My closet is filled to the brim with plastic children's toys. For myself
robofreak
Gestalt
News Credits: 12

Postby gothsaurus » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:49 pm

I'm all about slappin' some "Adult Collectibles" stickers on these things and bringing them on over! That's one swell way to skirt child safety laws.

And cripes. Teach your kid not to eat stuff... like a parent. It's your job, not the toy companies'. I wish that responsibility would shift back where it belongs. People are so sue-happy, now we can't get cool toys anymore... missiles that shoot all the way across the room... or a two foot city base like Max.

Of course, I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir.
gothsaurus
Gestalt

Postby sabrigami » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:46 pm

Weapon: Semi-Automatic Rifle
gothsaurus wrote:I'm all about slappin' some "Adult Collectibles" stickers on these things and bringing them on over! That's one swell way to skirt child safety laws.

And cripes. Teach your kid not to eat stuff... like a parent. It's your job, not the toy companies'. I wish that responsibility would shift back where it belongs. People are so sue-happy, now we can't get cool toys anymore... missiles that shoot all the way across the room... or a two foot city base like Max.

Of course, I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir.

Amen to that :APPLAUSE: Yeah, shame we aren't getting them. I'm not a fan of BB or prime for that matter, but that looks like fun to put it all together. So many cool pieces =P~
sabrigami
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 2
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Skill: 8

Postby all_the_primes » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:41 pm

Motto: "Thirteen Primes to rule them all. One Prime to find them. Thirteen Primes to bring them all and in the Autobots Matrix of Leadership to bind them."
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
OMG!!! Fing KITBASHING, here we come! :APPLAUSE:
all_the_primes
Minibot
Strength: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Skill: 9

Postby SKYWARPED_128 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:53 pm

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Nice! "Naked" Bee reminds me of a terminator endoskeleton from Salvation.

So he's basically as tall as Battle Blades Bumblebee? That means he's perfectly in scale with the rest of the transformable TF's. Sweet!

BTW, aren't his tail lights supposed to be on the smaller bottom "wings?"

In any case, if he's reasonably priced, then I'll be sure to pick him up.
SKYWARPED_128
Gestalt
News Credits: 1
Strength: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity

Postby TimothyR » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:33 pm

Ravage XK wrote:Its a lot smaller than I was expecting, kinda dissapointing. :(

when all the news came out that he was going to be 6" tail and be the same size as a deluxe.. how tall did you expect him to be..

i REALLY cannot wait to get prime. definitely very excited for prime. bumblebee looks pretty cool, but it looks like they really nailed the look of prime.
TimothyR
Targetmaster

Postby BeastProwl » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:42 pm

Motto: "Gravity Hurts"
Weapon: Razor Tipped Wing Swords
YAY! 4 WINGS!!! :KREMZEEK:
it doesnt transform though....
I Just cant win can I? :KREMZEEK: :-(

Check out my Art Thread! It actually gets updated from time to time!
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/beastprowl-s-art-thread-t102641s50.php

Also taking commissions! Inquire via PM if interested :D
BeastProwl
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 6
Strength: 10+
Speed: 10+
Courage: Infinity
Skill: 9

Postby Pontimax 01 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:48 pm

Some of those shots just strike me as creepy. Am I the only one?

I had him preordered. Until I saw a very nicely articulated Robocop on BBTS that cost just about the same. I have Optimus on preorder still. I gotta hope he's better. BB looks kinda lean in the abdomen area and has a funky out of proportion look to his chest and arms. It could just be the pictures. But it does show you just how good the new deluxes are at representing the character. The regular 9.99 figure gives you a pretty good run at this.
Pontimax 01
Headmaster

Postby SKYWARPED_128 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:02 am

Pontimax 01 wrote:Some of those shots just strike me as creepy. Am I the only one?

He actually looks cock-eyed in certain pictures.

Pontimax 01 wrote:...But it does show you just how good the new deluxes are at representing the character. The regular 9.99 figure gives you a pretty good run at this.

I agree, except Hasbro should really buck up on the paint apps of their TF's. Having just touched up my deluxe DOTM Bumblebee, I'm really starting to lose interest in the model kit. At first, the unpainted thighs and mismatched silver on the face really turned me off deluxe DOTM Bee, but after a little paint job, he looks worlds better than before.

Right now, I'm no longer feeling the need for the model kit, which is honestly not without its flaws. Besides the apparent cock-eyed look, the shoulder guards also look a little too big for him. The chest also looks somewhat disproportionate.

At the end of the day, I might still buy the kit if it's reasonably priced, but I might pass on Bee if the OP kit is better.

In any case, deluxe Battle Blades Bumblebee still rules the roost as the nearest perfect toy representation of movieverse BB if you ask me.
SKYWARPED_128
Gestalt

Postby NatsumeRyu » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:52 am

Motto: ""'Camshaft' See, they said my name!""
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:BTW, aren't his tail lights supposed to be on the smaller bottom "wings?"

Not if they haven't moved from previous versions. They've been on his lower back (angled down like the lower wings, so I can understand confusing them, but the lower wings - at least used to be, but I'm pretty sure they may still be - the side-roof bits directly behind the door glass. . . Where the glass makes a little triangle shape, just like the fake black panels in the near-same position on the last generation's Camaro.)
I take commissions!
2014-Officer Vi-Senketsu & Junketsu-Silver Knight-Origami Cyclone
13-Terminus Armor-Megaman-Lord Death-Tali
12-WfC Brawl-Gurren Lagann-Doc
11-Reaper Conduit-Rampage
<10-Brawl-Camshaft-Jazz-Blackout-Starscream-Bumblebee
NatsumeRyu
Combiner
News Credits: 3
Buy from NatsumeRyu on eBay
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 3
Firepower: 6

Postby SKYWARPED_128 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:48 pm

NatsumeRyu wrote:
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:BTW, aren't his tail lights supposed to be on the smaller bottom "wings?"

Not if they haven't moved from previous versions. They've been on his lower back (angled down like the lower wings, so I can understand confusing them, but the lower wings - at least used to be, but I'm pretty sure they may still be - the side-roof bits directly behind the door glass. . . Where the glass makes a little triangle shape, just like the fake black panels in the near-same position on the last generation's Camaro.)

Wow, talk about subtle. I remember the ROTF version has his tail lights placed where the "new" smaller wings are now--saw that in the scene where he walks back into the garage after shooting those appliance bots.

My bad, I misinterpreted what you said. Yeah, the tail lights ARE stuck to his lower back behind the side-roof parts.
SKYWARPED_128
Gestalt

Postby NatsumeRyu » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:21 pm

Motto: ""'Camshaft' See, they said my name!""
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:
NatsumeRyu wrote:

Wow, talk about subtle. I remember the ROTF version has his tail lights placed where the "new" smaller wings are now--saw that in the scene where he walks back into the garage after shooting those appliance bots.

My bad, I misinterpreted what you said. Yeah, the tail lights ARE stuck to his lower back behind the side-roof parts.

Gah, I should've been more specific. XP Looking back, it is pretty vague... :P

previous versions = older movie Bumblebees XD
I take commissions!
2014-Officer Vi-Senketsu & Junketsu-Silver Knight-Origami Cyclone
13-Terminus Armor-Megaman-Lord Death-Tali
12-WfC Brawl-Gurren Lagann-Doc
11-Reaper Conduit-Rampage
<10-Brawl-Camshaft-Jazz-Blackout-Starscream-Bumblebee
NatsumeRyu
Combiner
News Credits: 3
Buy from NatsumeRyu on eBay
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 3
Firepower: 6

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Studio Series Gamer Edition +01 Deluxe WFC 2023 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FRENZY (RED) Transformers Studio Series 86 SS-115 Core Takara Tomy 2024 New"
NEW!
FRENZY (RED) Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLURR Transformers Studio Series 86-03 Animated Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
BLURR Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RATCHET Transformers Studio Series 82 Deluxe Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
RATCHET Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CORONATION STARSCREAM Transformers Studio Series 86-12 Leader 2022 King 220907A"
CORONATION STARSCR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DINOBOT SLUDGE Transformers Studio Series 86-15 Movie Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
DINOBOT SLUDGE Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LASERBEAK Transformers Studio Series Core Class Pink Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
LASERBEAK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IRONHIDE Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class Hasbro 2023 New"
IRONHIDE Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RAVAGE Transformers Studio Series Core Class Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
RAVAGE Transformer ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AIRAZOR Transformers Studio Series 97 Deluxe Rise Beasts ROTB Hasbro 2023 New"
AIRAZOR Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NOAH DIAZ EXO-SUIT Transformers Studio Series Core Class DÍAZ Hasbro 2023 New"
NEW!
NOAH DIAZ EXO-SUIT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Studio Series Gamer Edition +04 Voyager WFC IN-STOCK 08/08"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WRECK-GAR Transformers Studio Series 86-09 Animated Movie Voyager 2021 New"
WRECK-GAR Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JUNKHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-14 Animated Movie Voyager 2022 New"
JUNKHEAP Transform ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Turbo Changer Super Nova Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Seaspray" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot First Aid Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Voyager Class Broadside and Blunderbuss" on AMAZON