This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

CNN article about Shout Factory's Headmasters set; Seibertron.com staff members interviewed

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

CNN article about Shout Factory's Headmasters set; Seibertron.com staff members interviewed

Postby Counterpunch » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:27 pm

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
Two weeks ago, our friends over at CNN needed a little bit of info on the upcoming Shout! Factory release of Transformers Headmasters on DVD (which was released this past Tuesday). The leader in online news knew just who to call ...

Henry Hanks at CNN gave your good buddies and well-dressed Seibertron.com Twincasters a call to get the scoop on how this series was received, its legacy, and on how our fellow fans viewed this piece of Transformers history.

Seibertron, Tigertracks24, Counterpunch, and Razorclaw0000 stepped up to the mic and gave Mr. Hanks our representative opinions on this exciting new bit of Transformers Merchandise.

Here are a few snippets from your too-handsome-for-TV Twincasters:

CNN via Seibertron wrote:Despite those delays and some early hesitation from the subtitle-phobic, Yzquierdo said that most fans are just excited to check the shows out: "This is something that I never thought I would see released in the States."

CNN via Tigertracks24 wrote:"Some major characters die early on," said Matt Brown of Canton, Michigan, a podcaster at Seibertron.com. "Later in the series, another major character bites the dust. They don't mess around."

CNN via Counterpunch wrote:"This is the first time we've gotten a legitimate release of this Japanese series. You would have to get recordings of them burned onto DVDs, or import them from Australia or Europe, or find a laser-disc player from the 1980s to watch this."

CNN via Razorclaw0000 wrote:"There was a small bit of disappointment that the project couldn't secure enough funding to do a brand-new English dub," said Seibertron.com podcaster Bob King of Ashley, Pennsylvania. "I kind of share that feeling, but I also know that this isn't going to be a very mainstream release, and for them to spend that much money would be kind of a gamble. I appreciate that they're staying cautious."

Please check out the story here at CNN:
CNN Covers Transformers Headmasters DVD Release

and be sure to comment on their page. Tell them you love the coverage of your hobby. Get your voice out there and help to show that Transformers is a top-tier brand!

Thanks again to CNN for linking up with your #1 source for Transformers news, Seibertron.com

Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Re: CNN article about Shout Factory's Headmasters set; Seibertron.com staff members interviewed

Postby Poyguimogul » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:27 pm

We all know Transformers are badass.

But for them to be showing some love to Seibertron at the same.

Double win.

I'm not involved with the site production. Just a fan.

But seeing ya'll get some love, makes me happier then Maketoys Devastator.. :-?
Poyguimogul
Vehicon

Re: CNN article about Shout Factory's Headmasters set; Seibertron.com staff members interviewed

Postby It Is Him » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:02 pm

This was a surprisingly good article, though I think the lead (and readers) could have benefited from plainly stating that Takara shows = Japanese only episodes. But hey, it was solid reporting on their part. :D
Come join us at THE PUPPY THREAD

BeastProwl wrote:What the **** is wrong with you?
It Is Him
City Commander
News Credits: 16

Postby kirbenvost » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:38 pm

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Wow, that's awesome! Really cool to see Seibertron mentioned on a major mainstream news outlet. :) :APPLAUSE:
------------------------------
Old collection pics
------------------------------
For Sale/Trade
kirbenvost
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 11
Buy from kirbenvost on eBay
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Postby LiKwid » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:41 pm

Motto: "When In doubt..Invert polarities!!!!"
Weapon: V-Lock Rifle, V-Lock Cannon
Wicked...

Released this past tuesday? WTH! I havent seen it yet..Any certain retailers carrying it? I might have to on the hunt later :)
Counterpunch wrote:FP sure does provide some F'd up head.

Sell me your Beast wars stuff!!!!
Transformers Earth wars-SiNxBruticus
LiKwid
Gestalt
News Credits: 8
Buy from LiKwid on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6

Postby Doubledealer93 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:40 pm

Motto: "A logical mind is a healthy mind."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
so when does this stuff come out in the states?? :???:

check out my collection thread, updated 2/25/13, and i kinda lost count, i have to count them again....
doubledealer93-s-collection-as-of-2-25-13-t84309.php
my tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/doubledealer93
My deviant art, loads more pics there--> http://doubledealer93.deviantart.com/
Doubledealer93
City Commander
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 5
Firepower: 1
Skill: ???

Postby korisifu » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:52 pm

Motto: "Wreck-n-Rule!!"
Weapon: Double Slagmaker Laser
Doubledealer25 wrote:so when does this stuff come out in the states?? :???:

I went into Best Buy to buy a decent camera for a trip to see the Blue Angels this weekend and saw it sitting there (Baton Rouge, Bluebonnet location). Sixshot on the cover caught me off guard and before I knew it, it was in my hands. I, like many had never seen it, but after trying to explain to my girlfriend that Season 4 was all of one large episode I'm pumped to get see where it went from there. Wheelie is much better in Japanese! Blurr seems to just stutter instead of speak fast. I like it, but at the same time I watch a ton of Japanese movies without dubs.
Poyguimogul wrote:We all know Transformers are badass.

But for them to be showing some love to Seibertron at the same.

Double win.

I'm not involved with the site production. Just a fan.

But seeing ya'll get some love, makes me happier then Maketoys Devastator.. :-?

That made my coffee taste better this morning too! :KREMZEEK:
korisifu
Minibot
Watch korisifu on YouTube
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby LiKwid » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:16 pm

Motto: "When In doubt..Invert polarities!!!!"
Weapon: V-Lock Rifle, V-Lock Cannon
Just scored the set at best Buy and all I have to say is..WOW..The opening sequence was AMAZING! I am in total love with this set meow! Despite being older the animations seem so much smoother and the audio is actually quite nice...
Counterpunch wrote:FP sure does provide some F'd up head.

Sell me your Beast wars stuff!!!!
Transformers Earth wars-SiNxBruticus
LiKwid
Gestalt
News Credits: 8
Buy from LiKwid on eBay
Strength: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6

Postby sentairick » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:32 pm

First off - MUCHO congrats to the fandom / websites et. al getting props so richly deserved .. :)

I got my set just the other day - The video is VERY clean for a DVD, the subs are readable, and this is coming from a guy who has trouble reading subtitles (bad eyes, would rather watch english dub stuff) - and it wasn't that hard to view for me (I have trouble reading the subs then going up to the action ,then back to subs, I ultimatly miss stuff as it shows) ... kudo's to Shout! Factory for a great set.

I'm glad they're popping Victory and Masterforce out, but for us completists that don't have PAL ability on all their players... c'mon guys.. hook us up with RID :)

May have to trade some of my collection in to get the others (Cybertron/Armada) on dvd... hehe.
sentairick
Mini-Con

Postby Rodimus2006 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:12 pm

Motto: "We Live for the One, We Die for the One, But we dont Die Stupidly."
Weapon: Twin Swords
I been with Transformers since Day 1 and I never ever thought this series was going to be released stateside.

There for a while I though it would forever remain in limbo like RID another series that has never ever been released on DVD here in the states since it aired on Fox.

This series fills the gaps and it is really a lot darker and many characters die such as Galvatron and Ultramagnus.

While it is disappointing that this series isnt in English DUB I recommend people to check this series out and is really good and takes place immediatlely after the special episode called "Rebirth" and serves as the opening of Season 4.

The Headmasters is basically Season 4 of Generation 1 but never been released here stateside.

I wish that RID would get released but sadly that isnt happening cause it is owned by Disney not unless Shout Factory buys the rights from them.

I am also early anticapting, Super God Master Force, Victory dont know if they plan on releasing Beast Wars II or NEO overy her or not of cousrse all these will be in Japanese with English subs as much of todays anime's are currently done that way now.

It just takes some use to getting use to these then again you can always turn the sound off and just read the subs.

I bought this on Day 1 and had it preordered ahead of time like with the re-release of Beast Wars.

But rather you are an old school guy like I am or a newbie who is just getting into Transformers you should difenetly check out Headmasters it is diffrent but also important part of Generation 1.

Lets hope the also re-relase Armada and the others also for newcomers to experience the Unicron Trilogy for the 1st time.

While many people hated the Unicron Trilogy I however enjoyed it.

But for all else check out the Headmasters it is awesome be sure to watch for important chracters such as Six-Shot I had his toy when I was younger that was one friggen sick toy cause it was like 6 Transformers in one.
Rodimus2006
Headmaster
News Credits: 5
Strength: 10+
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Courage: 6
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby Seibertron » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:31 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
It was a treat getting interviewed by CNN alongside Razorclaw0000, Tigertrack 24, and Counterpunch. I hope there are other opportunities like this in the future.

I wish I had been paying attention to our unique visitor count though so that I could've mentioned that over 1/2 million fans visited in June 2000.

I'm sure my folks are proud that my primary quote is about drinking and Transformers. LOL. Ah, good times.

CNN wrote:"People who have not seen it before might be disappointed in the subtitles, but rest assured [that the existing dubs] are that horrible," said Seibertron.com founder Ryan Yzquierdo, from Chicago, Illinois. "You can't actually sit there and watch the dubs, unless you like drinking while watching 'Transformers.'"
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby Seibertron » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:22 pm

This is awesome seeing Cyclonus on the homepage of CNN. Hope Shout Factory sells a bunch of these sets thanks to this extra coverage they're getting. :D

Seibertron
Site Owner

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:08 am

Motto: "I've looked into the eye of this island and what I saw was...beautiful"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
If I didn't have that whole pesky work thing, I could've got in on this.
-Kanrabat- wrote:YEah, too many Transformers are in a serious need of a good rim job.

Blast Cannon wrote:This thread is brilliant. Duragrip you are a gloriously weird sexual deviant and I love it.
LOST Cybertronian
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1235
Buy from LOST Cybertronian on eBay

Postby Counterpunch » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:17 am

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
LOST Cybertronian wrote:If I didn't have that whole pesky work thing, I could've got in on this.

I did the interview in my office.

"Please hold my calls, CNN is on line one..."
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby Seibertron » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:33 pm

Counterpunch wrote:
LOST Cybertronian wrote:If I didn't have that whole pesky work thing, I could've got in on this.

I did the interview in my office.

"Please hold my calls, CNN is on line one..."

:KREMZEEK: :APPLAUSE: :-$
Seibertron
Site Owner

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #18 RE Wondercon Convention Xclsv IDW Comics 2020 BOLD NEW ERA 18RE"
TRANSFORMERS #18 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #22 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926R"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #7 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2024 Skybound 0224IM315 7C (CA) Darboe"
NEW!
TRANSFORMERS #7 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #57 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Furman (A/CA) Delbo 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ANNUAL 2021 IDW Comics 2021 MAR210489 (A/CA) Milne (W) Ruckley"
Transformers ANNUA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers HEART OF DARKNESS #3 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2011 3RI (CA) Farinas"
Transformers HEART ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #21 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010X"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #9 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 AUG210583 9A (CA) Burcham"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 2 #5 Marvel Comics 1994 (W) Furman (CA) Yaniger 230915F"
TRANSFORMERS GENER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #10 Cover A IDW Comics 2019 BOLD NEW ERA 10A (CA) McGuire-Smith"
TRANSFORMERS #10 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers BEAST WARS ANNUAL #1 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 FEB220440 (CA) Miller"
Transformers BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #11 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 OCT210410 11B (CA) Yurcaba"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers OPTIMUS PRIME #21 Cover A IDW Comics 2018 21A The Falling"
Transformers OPTIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 2 #1 Marvel Comics 1993 (W) Furman (CA) Yaniger 230915C"
TRANSFORMERS GENER ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Alpha Trion Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Voyager Inferno Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Brawn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Jetfire Figure(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON