This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Toys'R'Us Exclusive Rodimus and Offshoot Video Review

Post your reviews of Transformers toys in this topic. Videos can be posted in a topic as well as text reviews and images.
Please keep each topic dedicated to one specific toy (i.e. DOTM Deluxe Class Optimus Prime") that has actually been released.

Toys'R'Us Exclusive Rodimus and Offshoot Video Review

Postby El Duque » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:56 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Wondering how the upcoming Toys'R'Us exclusive Masterpiece Rodimus with Targetmaster Offshoot will stack up the original MP-09 Rodimus Convoy? YouTube member JDECEPTION209 picked one up at the SDCC and has uploaded a video review. See his review embedded below.

El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Re: Toys'R'Us Exclusive Rodimus and Offshoot Video Review

Postby tattood-transformer » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:09 pm

Weapon: Energo-Sword
anyone else having issues with the video?
tattood-transformer
Minibot
News Credits: 5
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 8

Postby NamelessOne » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:26 pm

Motto: "My legs hurt!!!"
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Have to admit I skimmed through the transformations in the review, as I have Takara's, and have this one on order - just wanted to see the differences, so to speak -

Am I right in thinking the Hasbro version's Matrix (as we can see, it does fit in the hands, but not in the chest) is the only Matrix that comes with it? Is the downsized version not included in the chest cavity?

Apologies in advance if this has been discussed elsewhere, have searched with no luck...
NamelessOne
Minibot
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby NemesisMonkeySupreme » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:26 pm

Motto: "Peace through tyranny… or obliteration. Whichever is quicker."
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons
tattood-transformer wrote:anyone else having issues with the video?

aside from the fact that it's almost half an hour and so I'm not even going to bother… couldn't say.

i remember when people used to actually write reviews and then take useful photographs instead of just blathering on while we watched their hands cover up most of the toy… sigh.
:CON: To unleash the Warrior within, tame the Beast without. :CON:
NemesisMonkeySupreme
Vehicon
News Credits: 2
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 10+
Skill: 6

Postby tattood-transformer » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:38 pm

Weapon: Energo-Sword
NemesisMonkeySupreme wrote:
tattood-transformer wrote:anyone else having issues with the video?

aside from the fact that it's almost half an hour and so I'm not even going to bother… couldn't say.

i remember when people used to actually write reviews and then take useful photographs instead of just blathering on while we watched their hands cover up most of the toy… sigh.

I figured it was just a browser issue. Damn Internet Exploder.
tattood-transformer
Minibot
News Credits: 5
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 8

Postby Megazarak » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:45 pm

Motto: "Your Spark will extinguish between my claws!"
Weapon: Cyber Tail Claw
NaM3L3sS wrote:Have to admit I skimmed through the transformations in the review, as I have Takara's, and have this one on order - just wanted to see the differences, so to speak -

Am I right in thinking the Hasbro version's Matrix (as we can see, it does fit in the hands, but not in the chest) is the only Matrix that comes with it? Is the downsized version not included in the chest cavity?

Apologies in advance if this has been discussed elsewhere, have searched with no luck...

Take a look at about 3:49 or 17:00, there are some shots of the little Matrix in his chest.
Megazarak
Vehicon
News Credits: 4
Strength: 10
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 3
Skill: 9

Postby kirbenvost » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:49 pm

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
I'm still disappointed by the lack of paint detail on the figure itself, but I'm definitely getting it. Glad to hear they fixed the issues with the mold. Maybe if MP-09 goes on major clearance I'll pick it up as well to display in Winnebago mode.
------------------------------
Old collection pics
------------------------------
For Sale/Trade
kirbenvost
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 11
Buy from kirbenvost on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Postby Immortal Starscream » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:17 pm

like the fix on the leg panels, but whats with the little flaps on the ineer part of his elbow joints?

"They're playing with him... and when they're done they're going to play with me.... OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!"
Immortal Starscream
Headmaster
News Credits: 18

Postby freakzero1981 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:43 pm

Motto: ""why worry about snakes in the garden,when you got spiders in your bed.""
Weapon: Battle Blades
man i NEVER remove my TRANSFORMERS from there packages.i know i know,they were meant to be transformed.but i just love veiwing em like trophies,in their packages.how it pains me to see this vid...NOOOOOOO!
freakzero1981
Micromaster
Watch freakzero1981 on YouTube
Buy from freakzero1981 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 10

Postby ckm423 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:41 pm

Is this one going to be in store soon???? :grin:
ckm423
Mini-Con

Postby muswp1 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:01 pm

Weapon: Double-Barreled Assault Missile Launcher
Why are they advertising this as Rodimus Prime when it doesn't have a trailer?
"Why do so many people need help? Life's not that complicated. You get up, go to work, eat three meals, take one good s***, and go back to bed. What's the f***ing mystery?" - George Carlin - Complaints & Grievances
muswp1
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 3
Buy from muswp1 on eBay
Strength: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Skill: 6

Postby mackaylei » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:45 pm

Anyone know when this is hitting the toys r us stores in california?(not online)
mackaylei
Mini-Con

Postby User897 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:45 pm

He technically still becomes Rodimus Prime because this version can still change portraits (faces), can be made taller, and the arms and back fin can be adjusted.

I too am desperately waiting for this to be made available. I do want the version 2 Takara as well, but it takes longer to save up for that and I want to see what changes they made to it.

I still want this TRU version and I wish to hell they'd hurry up and make them available both online and in stores already!
User897
Combiner
Buy from User897 on eBay

Postby jhuztechtoyz » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:36 pm

Anyone got lucky getting this figure in the store?Bigbadtoystore.com has pre order for $120. Too much rip off. I have one for sale on ecrater for $94.99. Item is on hand. Same paypal checkout like ebay. Check it out guys. I got one for me and another one for sale. http://jhuztechentoyz.ecrater.com/c/1464242/transformers
jhuztechtoyz
Mini-Con
Buy from jhuztechtoyz on eBay

Return to Transformers Toy Reviews

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #346 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 0723IM386 346A (W) McConville (CA) Deodato"
SPAWN #346 Cvr A I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN SPAWN #1 One Shot Cvr M 1:50 DC Image Comics 2022 1M OCT223280 (CA) Booth"
BATMAN SPAWN #1 On ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GUNSLINGER SPAWN #16 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 NOV220221 16B (CA) Keane"
GUNSLINGER SPAWN # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN SPAWN #1 Cvr N 1:100 B&W DC Image Comics 2022 OCT223281 1N (CA) Lee"
BATMAN SPAWN #1 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GUNSLINGER SPAWN #26 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 0923IM395 26A (CA) Carlos"
GUNSLINGER SPAWN # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #27 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 1223IM318 27B (CA) Barends (W) Layman"
NEW!
SCORCHED #27 Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NIGHTWING #99 Cvr G Spawn DC Comics 2022 SEP228477 99G (W) Taylor (CA) Fernandez"
NIGHTWING #99 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LAST SHADOWHAWK #1 Cvr G Glossy Image Comics 2022 JUN220015 1G (CA) White Sketch"
LAST SHADOWHAWK #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #10 Cvr B Dynamic Forces DF Image Comics 2024 (CA) Haeser 240210B"
KING SPAWN #10 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SAVAGE DRAGON #266 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 MAR230178 266A (W/A/CA) Larsen"
SAVAGE DRAGON #266 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #328 Cvr B Image Comics 2022 JAN220302 328B (CA) Giangiordano"
SPAWN #328 Cvr B I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #18 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 MAR230181 18A (CA) Bogdanovic (W) Lewis"
SCORCHED #18 Cvr A ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #9 Cvr B Image Comics 2022 JUN220311 9B (CA) Keane (W) Lewis"
SCORCHED #9 Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #13 Cvr B Image Comics 2022 JUN220281 13B (CA) Dihn (W) Lewis"
KING SPAWN #13 Cvr ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Nightbeat" on AMAZON
Buy "TRANSFORMERS PLATINUM EDITION HOT ROD JUNKION SCRAPHEAP WRECK GAR SET" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Brawn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Sunstreaker Figure" on AMAZON