This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Ongoing #25 Preview

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Transformers Ongoing #25 Preview

Postby El Duque » Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:08 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
IDW's new editor John Barber has treated fans with a sneak peek at the next issue of Transformers Ongoing over on the IDW Publishing forums. This issue is scheduled to hit shelves on September 7th, but you can click here for a seven page preview of issue 25 "The Last Story on Earth" part one.

Mike Costa (w) • Brendan Cahill (a) • Marcelo Matere, Cahill (c) “The Last Story on Earth” part 1 of 3! While there is much “CHAOS” on Cybertron, there’s no less bedlam here on Earth as our remaining Autobots investigate the accusation that Spike, their trusted human ally, murdered a TRANSFORMER in cold oil(?) Now it’s up to our heroes to find the truth and decide the fate of human/Cybertronian relations for years to come! Prowl and Jazz take center stage! *2 regular covers will be shipped in a 1-to-1 ratio. FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Last edited by El Duque on Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Re: Transformers Ongoing #25 Preview

Postby Lapse Of Reason » Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:36 pm

Weapon: Sword
Are there any trade paperback collections of Transformers Ongoing out yet? I have not yet read a single issue but would like to start.
Lapse Of Reason
Gestalt
News Credits: 10
Buy from Lapse Of Reason on eBay
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10+
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: ???
Skill: 10+

Postby #Sideways# » Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:56 pm

Motto: "Wake up. Wake up and smell the ashes."
Weapon: Dual Compression Cannons
Am I the only one who thinks Jazz goes all Rambo and sneaks out of the base and kicks some tailpipe?

Anyway, I am loving the IDW comics, they are awesome.
Check out my YouTube for my Transformers Trading Card Game lists, gameplay and general thoughts on the game!
#Sideways#
Godmaster
News Credits: 62
Watch #Sideways# on YouTube
Alt Mode: Motorcycle
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby JRFitzpatrick7 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:39 pm

Motto: "It is an unfortunate fact that we can secure peace only by preparing for war."
Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
Lapse Of Reason wrote:Are there any trade paperback collections of Transformers Ongoing out yet? I have not yet read a single issue but would like to start.

yes, the first 2 if not 3 arcs have been collected already.

i'm really enjoying this series so far. I love Prowl at his desk. who is the red bot with Inferno-like wings on his head?
Seibertron wrote:

Seibertron.com is a Transformers fansite. It is not a fansite about 3rd party products. I do NOT care for 3rd party products. I am TIRED of seeing the stuff here on this site. That's all it comes down to.

JRFitzpatrick7
Headmaster Jr
Buy from JRFitzpatrick7 on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7

Postby lowman_x » Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:11 am

Motto: "It's all about perspective."
Weapon: High-Energy Particle Beam Rifle
JRFitzpatrick7 wrote:who is the red bot with Inferno-like wings on his head?

I'm reckoning that the bot with Inferno-like wings on his head is actually Inferno.

With wings on his head.

;)

Probably in his shiny "Generations" form.
"I've got better things to do tonight than die."
lowman_x
Fuzor
Alt Mode: Spacecraft
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Postby hook line and sinker » Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:36 pm

So this will be out next week! Here's to hoping that this story really lives up to what it needs to be.

If it really is the "Last Story on Earth", even if just for the foreseeable future, doesn't that mean that in the next three issues of Police Action Idw will be wrapping up a heck of a lot of plotlines?
hook line and sinker
Mini-Con

Postby Chaoslock » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:42 pm

Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
So, Costa's taking his time to pull out as many issues as he can... I can't wait the 5 issues he has left and then comes Roberts at last...
GENERATION 1: THE EPIC ORIGINS! -Hasbro

"Autobots, Buster Witwicky killed Primus. Kill on sight!" - broadcast from Urban Dead

Psychout wrote:Never, ever take the internet seriously, especially not when its on a website dedicated to giant cartoon robots from outer space.
Chaoslock
Faction Commander
News Credits: 7
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9

Postby Supreme Convoy » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:35 am

I'll have to dig out Spotlight: Prowl and the issue where Spike kills Scrapper for potential clues.
Supreme Convoy
Gestalt
News Credits: 34

Seibertron.com Reviews Transformers Ongoing #25

Postby Blurrz » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:09 pm

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon

Last week's release of the latest issue of IDW's Transformers is the second issue of Transformers: Chaos. The first of issue of "The Last Story on Earth" as described by IDW is literal to the name, as events and occurrences in this issue look to turn a full circle in regards to Transformers and Earth. As great as the Transformers/Earth relationship has been going on for the past 27 years in countless continuities of Transformers, this issue's Earth setting sets me back to the reality that not all Transformers or Transformers: Chaos issues are going to be like #23 and #24.

I feel that switching back to Earth is futile. Especially when issues #23, #24 and #25 have been building up the intensity for a battle to end all battles on Cybertron. On Earth, it just isn't as exciting. Yes, there's Bumblebee, Jazz, Ultra Magnus, Prowl and some obscure Autobots, but the enemies are the same. The same one's that have been giving the Autobots trouble since #1. Humans that don't like Transformers on their home planet, and straggler Decepticons who aren't organized and aren't much of a threat to the safety of the Autobots. Sure, they could possibly harm innocent civilians, but as fans we're attaching our emotions to Autobots, not random innocent civilians. Of course this is my mere assumption that the stakes aren't going to change, that the Autobots are simply doing clean up duty on Earth and their really isn't that much of a threat from anyone or anybot. I could be wrong...

..but what's right is the selection of Brendan Cahill as the artist for this issue, as well as the upcoming "The Last Story on Earth" issues 27 and 29. Cahill's art is promising and clean. While it may not be as flashy as Milne's art, it fits the mood, much like Ramondelli's art in the last issue. You'll be familiar with the writing, as Costa re-takes the reigns for this final sequence on Earth.

To the story itself, Bumblebee and the remaining Earth-stuck Autobots have to clean up and deal with the remaining issues left on the planet; such as Jazz killing a human, the Anti-Autobot presence in the human population, and the remaining Decepticon presence on Earth.

While the Transformers Ongoing series looks to finally transgress into it's final breath on Earth, many aspects remain the same. Spike's on his own terms, and the Autobots can't begin to fully trust him. The Autobots believe that they always have situations under control in their own terms, but it never seems to be the case.

In an issue that has a plot that should be trying to wrap things up, we essentially have more problems. But I guess that's why this is Part 1 of 3. It's an issue that's leading up to hopefully greater things to come. My suggestion, if you're a fan of any of the Autobots featured, then pick this one up, if not, then just leave it to the eventual Chaos trade paper back.

:BOT: :BOT: :BOT: out of :BOT: :BOT: :BOT: :BOT: :BOT:

(A preview of the issue can be seen here)

~Blurrz
Seibertron.com News Crew
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #78 Cvr C Image Comics 2023 1023IM396 78C (CA) Williams III"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INVINCIBLE RED SONJA #5 Cvr A Dynamite Comics 2021 JUL210975 5A (CA) Conner"
INVINCIBLE RED SON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INVINCIBLE RED SONJA #7 Cvr I 1:25 Dynamite Comics 2022 OCT210554 7I (CA)Linsner"
INVINCIBLE RED SON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOUSE OF SLAUGHTER #1 Dynamic Forces DF Octo Boom Comics 1D (CA) Haeser 240210A"
HOUSE OF SLAUGHTER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #33 Cvr C Image Comics 2022 DEC210348 33C (CA) Del Mundo"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #52 Cvr B Image Comics 2022 OCT220247 52B (CA) Adlard + McCaig"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 Cvr F Walking Dead 20th Image Comics 0823IM481 5F Hughes 240330"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #5 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #80 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 1123IM351 80A (CA) Finch + McCaig"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INVINCIBLE RED SONJA #6 Cvr E Dynamite Comics 2021 AUG210864 6E (CA) Cosplay"
INVINCIBLE RED SON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #75 Cvr E Image Comics 2023 0823IM326 75E (CA) Quesada +Isanove"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INVINCIBLE RED SONJA #8 Cvr H 1:20 Dynamite Comics 2022 NOV210587 8H (CA)Cosplay"
INVINCIBLE RED SON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INVINCIBLE RED SONJA #6 Cvr O FOC Dynamite Comics 2021 6O (CA) Chatzoudis"
INVINCIBLE RED SON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INVINCIBLE RED SONJA #10 Cvr J 1:30 Dynamite Comics 2022 JAN220630 10J"
INVINCIBLE RED SON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #70 Cvr D Image Comics 2023 0723IM413 70D (CA) Tedesco"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Autobot Stylor and Chromedome" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Blaster and Twin Cast (Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON