This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

First In Hand Images of Takara Masterpiece MP-10 Convoy

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

First In Hand Images of Takara Masterpiece MP-10 Convoy

Postby Mach » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:30 am

Motto: ""I am a Prime. I do not take orders from you!""
The second version of Takara Transformers Masterpiece MP-10 Convoy is available for purchase in Hong Kong.
Thanks to HK-TF forum member whkvictor, we get to see the first in-hand images of this figure.

This version of Convoy comes with trailer, roller, hand gun, axe as well as little human figure - Spike.
However, Megatron (gun mode) is not available in this version.

The instruction booklet has also listed the various generations of Convoy figures, from G1 till today.

Seibertron, Ultimate Transformers Resource!
Mach
Gestalt
News Credits: 905
Strength: ???
Intelligence: ???
Speed: ???
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Re: First In Hand Images of Takara Masterpiece MP-10 Convoy

Postby Swindle01 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:58 am

why does this version of prime have DUCK feet? the duck feet seriously put me of purchasing this
Swindle01
Combiner

Postby slugfest200x » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:23 am

anybody know how tall the spike figure is compared to the original diaclone drivers?
slugfest200x
Minibot

Postby Skycharger » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:28 am

HASBRO I WANT THIS in AMERICA! I will only pay 79.99 for it maybe 89.99 if you ask nicely HASBRO.
Skycharger
Mini-Con

Postby Sodan-1 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:43 am

Motto: "Motive is a universal weakness."
Really can't make my mind up about this one. Truck mode looks awesome despite the lack of side windows, and while I like the less blocky robot mode it just doesn't feel right. My biggest gripe applies to all MP Optimus': I wish the trailers did more. I know they're accurate by G1 standards, but it just stings a little too much to pay so much for a plastic box with a couple of hinges.

I don't know.
Sodan-1
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby Rated X » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:51 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Missing an Autobot symbol on his right shoulder, Rollar should be dark blue not grey, and his feet are too big. Maybe I-Gear can make a version fixing these problems for a little cheaper. ;)
Rated X
Banned
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby Mykltron » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:09 am

Motto: "If I win again I'm still the champion. If you win HAH! that's just impossible.

Weapon: tea cup."
Swindle01 wrote:why does this version of prime have DUCK feet?

I see no similarity.

I would like to know why the feet are a different colour.

Why not take a look at My TF Repaints? Updated 23rd January 2015
Mykltron
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 9

Postby fenrir72 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:13 am

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
>:oP

1.First Roller/Buggy were colored gray
2.In the cartoon, only had OneAutobot sigil on his left shoulder
3.What else to expect from his trailer? In the G1 version, it doubled as Autobot headquarters (launched Roller too) and a repair bay.

There ain't no pleasing people.

MP-01 (no trailer)
MP-04 (with trailer but no Roller)
THS-02(too small)

So now, what else do you want? :???:
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Gojira101 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:28 am

I really don't understand what all the needless whining is about this figure. It's down right sad and pathetic at best. Take for instance the price, your paying for a Masterpiece imported piece that has to ship from Japan to the United States in smaller quantities then a regular Hasbro shipment. Your also paying for something that has a higher quality than it's predecessors. Not to mention an overall better look. This figure may be smaller but it's way better looking than that block of a Masterpiece Optimus Prime. This at least looks like it jumped off the screen. Hence why some people have held off on owning a MP optimus prime. So to hear others just complain left and right about this figure is just a lame waste of time. Instead of squealing about the little stuff go spend copious amounts of cash on something else. Lord knows Hasbro is making a ton of Junk these days you can throw cash at. Nothing says quality like pieces of a figure continuously falling off a brand new toy or using gray plastic for faces as well as red shin plates instead of black..... Yeah I'm talking about you Hasbro "supposed" Masterpiece Rodimus Prime whose only good use seems to be as the sacrificial toy to be shoved into the Takara versions Trailer.

I for one am happy that there's finally a MP- Optimus Prime I can put my hard earned/saved cash behind to round out my collection. Not to mention the connection between the cab and trailer is great now and doesn't look so comical as previous molds looked. The test shots all look great, specially the one with Rodimus Prime, absolutely sweet. The inclusion of Spike was a nice touch as well as the folding blaster. Roller looks great and it's awesome that it can convert into a repair bay as well, very nice touch.

Hopefully Takara will maybe consider doing a Galvatron and retooling a Megatron as well to compliment MP-10 but we'll have to wait and see.
Gojira101
Mini-Con

Postby Chaoslock » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:35 am

Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
fenrir72 wrote:
So now, what else do you want? :???:

Movable fingers.
GENERATION 1: THE EPIC ORIGINS! -Hasbro

"Autobots, Buster Witwicky killed Primus. Kill on sight!" - broadcast from Urban Dead

Psychout wrote:Never, ever take the internet seriously, especially not when its on a website dedicated to giant cartoon robots from outer space.
Chaoslock
Faction Commander
News Credits: 7
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby fenrir72 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:36 am

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Ditto Gojira!

Also failed to mention, Roller was colored gray in the G1 show.

All the bellyaching.....sheesh! I'm buying one!
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Endurance: 10+
Skill: 9

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:04 am

Motto: "I've looked into the eye of this island and what I saw was...beautiful"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Skycharger wrote:HASBRO I WANT THIS in AMERICA! I will only pay 79.99 for it maybe 89.99 if you ask nicely HASBRO.

I think the chances of a domestic release is pretty good. However just like Rodimus Prime can attest to, it most likely will be sans trailer.
Last edited by LOST Cybertronian on Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Kanrabat- wrote:YEah, too many Transformers are in a serious need of a good rim job.

Blast Cannon wrote:This thread is brilliant. Duragrip you are a gloriously weird sexual deviant and I love it.
LOST Cybertronian
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1235
Buy from LOST Cybertronian on eBay

Postby RodimalToyota » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:08 am

It will no doubt come out in America, but probably be remodled to remove something, or change something ( like the stacks on MP01 )

All in all, it's weight and spend 100$ likely here for the US release, or buy it for 250$ now, (which will become 400+ once they run out of product.) Now if only Takara would retool Spike into Daniel to fit in Hot Rod.
Masterpiece Hoarder
RodimalToyota
Pretender
News Credits: 5

Postby Marcdachamp » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:09 am

It's kind of funny that he has the EXACT same axe as the previous masterpiece Prime.
Marcdachamp
Transmetal Warrior

Postby Iron Prime » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:12 am

Weapon: Energo-Sword
If I can scrape together the cash I am getting this!
*Formerly Snarlus Prime

sto_vo_kor_2000 wrote:You are honorable enough to join the house of STO :grin:

Let us pick up arms and join the battle :twisted:
Iron Prime
Brainmaster
Strength: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Postby gothsaurus » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:18 am

Yeah, this seriously does look like it just walked right out of the tv or comic. Proportions and detail are beautiful. Not quite sure what do do with the new scale, but I'm sure he'll find a home SOMEWHERE on the shelf... whether with Classics or Masterpiece.
gothsaurus
Gestalt

Postby Tigertrack » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:27 am

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
I'm getting excited about this, and hope that they do a Magnus with trailer, and a black Nemesis Prime too! I know I would buy the Nemesis version, and perhaps the Magnus if it had HIS armor.

I don't like the $250 a pop, but the price of items is increasing. Can't buy a 3 3/4 figure for much less than $10 for one these days, and you used to be able to get at least 3x that many for $10.

I'd still really love to see Takara take a shot at Don Fig's Nova (Nemesis Prime). I know it's been awhile, but that and the Megatron Origins Sentinel Prime would truly feel to me like I had something new and Masterpiece worthy. I love the classic characters, but there are times when I get tired of reiterations of the same characters over and over. Seeing some new blood (even if it's old blood, not re-created in the last 15 years) would be excellent.
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Strength: 6
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9

Postby Swindle01 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:29 am

your taking the piss right? people SERIOUSLY cant see primes duck feet? the long ass clown feet he appears to have? no one else can see them but me? OH MY EYES!? MY EYES
Swindle01
Combiner

Postby whkvictor » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:32 am

Thx Mach for posting my pics here!

Here are size comparison pics
Size comparison: MP-01 vs MP-10

Size comparison: MP-01, PP01C, MP-10

Quick summary: Some major GOODs and BADs of MP-04 compared to MP-01 or MP-04 with container:

GOODs:
1) Better outlook... with detailed waist design and the LONG arms can be adjusted... with transformable gun which can be stored at the back
2) The most detailed G1 MP container made by TakaraTomy/Hasbro so far

BADs:
1) Lack of mechanic details (non-movable mouth plate, non-shinny eyes, no pipes behind the arms, no communication panels on the forearms, no lighting features inside chest, non-movable flipping plates on the legs, thumb cannot move... only index finger and the other 3 fingers can move as one piece...)
2) Lack of metal parts ... I think over 90% are plastic... only metal parts are found on the feet incl. screws... haha
whkvictor
Mini-Con
News Credits: 3

Postby kirbenvost » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:41 am

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Looks nice.

Why'd you have to go and mention his feet, Swindle01, now I can't unsee it! :lol:

Whatever, I still like it. Can't afford it, but I like it.
------------------------------
Old collection pics
------------------------------
For Sale/Trade
kirbenvost
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 11
Buy from kirbenvost on eBay
Strength: 6
Speed: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9

Postby gothsaurus » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:43 am

Thanks for the comparison pics!! And I kinda expected all those changes... losing all the gimmicks. My only real complaint is agreeing a bit on the feet. We've come to expect those little detailed lights on primes toes. I'll miss them on these new long feet.
gothsaurus
Gestalt

Postby Doctor McGrath » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:43 am

Motto: "This is quick but not quite painless.."
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Glue Gun
tigertracks 24 wrote:I'm getting excited about this, and hope that they do a Magnus with trailer, and a black Nemesis Prime too! I know I would buy the Nemesis version, and perhaps the Magnus if it had HIS armor.

I don't like the $250 a pop, but the price of items is increasing. Can't buy a 3 3/4 figure for much less than $10 for one these days, and you used to be able to get at least 3x that many for $10.

I'd still really love to see Takara take a shot at Don Fig's Nova (Nemesis Prime). I know it's been awhile, but that and the Megatron Origins Sentinel Prime would truly feel to me like I had something new and Masterpiece worthy. I love the classic characters, but there are times when I get tired of reiterations of the same characters over and over. Seeing some new blood (even if it's old blood, not re-created in the last 15 years) would be excellent.

This.

I can't wait for BBTS to get this in.
El Duque wrote:Quite a firestorm I started here :michaelbay:
Doctor McGrath
Gestalt
News Credits: 5
Buy from Doctor McGrath on eBay
Speed: 8
Courage: 7
Skill: 8

Postby DMSL » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:47 am

Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
It looks great but i agree about the feet they look a bit odd. The only other thing i noticed is that the axe seems to be out of scale and the price, it's way too steep for the size. I'll wait for a Hasbro release.
DMSL
Transmetal Warrior
Watch DMSL on YouTube
Skill: 7

Postby gothsaurus » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:47 am

Don't worry. Once you put all those 3rd party mini-bots in front of Prime, no one will EVER see those duck feet. :grin:
gothsaurus
Gestalt

Postby FellintoOblivion » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:00 am

Mykltron wrote:
Swindle01 wrote:why does this version of prime have DUCK feet?

I see no similarity.

I would like to know why the feet are a different colour.

Probably a different plastic composite for the feet then the legs that dyes slightly differently.

If I had to bet I'd say we get a Hasbro release with no trailer/Roller or Spike (and if they do include Spike forget about the paint apps) for about $60.

I doubt were going to get another Prime with a trailer so soon after the DotM Ultimate Prime and since that was $65-$80 they're not going to charge more for this especially considering it's smaller then the first Hasbro MP Prime.
Looking for the Megatron gun (or just the stock) that came with 20th anniversary MP Optimus Prime.
FellintoOblivion
Vehicon

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #44 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (CA) Springer 210422C"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #301 3rd ptg Image Comics 2024 0124IM857 (CA) Pansica"
NEW!
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #36 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (CA) Springer 231222S"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #305 Cvr A Image Comics 0124IM258 305A (CA) Kubert"
NEW!
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #35 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Budiansky (CA) Springer 231010P"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE SPECIAL MISSIONS #25 Marvel Comics 1988 200610A (CA) Kubert (A) Trimpe"
GI JOE SPECIAL MIS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #21 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010Y"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #19 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010S"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #56 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Furman (A) Delbo (CA) Reed 230915B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #16 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Kaminski 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #8 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Bright (W) Budiansky 240317B"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #45 Marvel Comics 1988 (W/CA) Budiansky (A) Delbo 231208C"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #14 Marvel Comics 1986 (W/CA) Budiansky (A) Perlin 231010H"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #13 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010E"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Strafe" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight -- Knight Armor Turbo Changer Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Twinferno and Daburu" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Xort and Highbrow" on AMAZON