This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Dengeki Hobby December 2011 Scans - Striker Optimus Prime and More

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Dengeki Hobby December 2011 Scans - Striker Optimus Prime and More

Postby Blurrz » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:18 pm

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
For those who simply can't wait for the upcoming release of DA-28 Striker Optimus Prime, we have more looks at it from the December 2011 issue of Dengeki Hobby. The figure's set out to come out with a shield and a Mechtech gun, and there are also exclusive battle blades for Prime too. There's also looks at Human Alliance Soundwave/Leadfoot, and other miscellaneous releases.

[Courtesy of Toyworld.hk.com]

Seibertron.com - The Ultimate Transformers Resource!
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Re: Dengeki Hobby December 2011 Scans - Striker Optimus Prime and More

Postby Supreme Convoy » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:47 pm

Oh wow, the Optimus with extra armor look great!
Supreme Convoy
Gestalt
News Credits: 34

Postby RodimalToyota » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:50 pm

Glad I ordered Striker Prime, and the Blades, that is one badass figure set.

Whose the Decpt on top of the building behind the fight for freedom picture?
Masterpiece Hoarder
RodimalToyota
Pretender
News Credits: 5

Postby Autobot032 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:09 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Was interested in Striker. Was.

The dark gray/black plastic ruined it for me.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby Cshen » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:12 pm

RodimalToyota wrote:Glad I ordered Striker Prime, and the Blades, that is one badass figure set.

Whose the Decpt on top of the building behind the fight for freedom picture?

Those are the three movie Wreckers up there. Roadbuster's standing on the building in bot mode, while Topspin and Leadfoot are uh... falling from the sky.

I really like the armour, but I'd rather not spend money on another Leader Prime.
Cshen
Mini-Con

Postby Dre Merc » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:31 pm

Autobot032 wrote:Was interested in Striker. Was.

I feel the same. OP looks so badass, but they didn't give it the Buster treatment. Shame.. I really don't feel like repainting it myself.
Dre Merc
Mini-Con

Postby Autobot032 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:34 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Dre Merc wrote:

I feel the same. OP looks so badass, but they didn't give it the Buster treatment. Shame.. I really don't feel like repainting it myself.

The shield, guns and torso are great additions, but are they worth $120.00?

Not to mention, after finishing the Frankensteining, is it worth it? I'm willing, but I don't know if my wallet is.

From what I can tell...you need ROTF Leader Class Optimus for the waist/legs, Striker Optimus for the torso, guns and shield, and ROTF Optimus for the chest pieces, arms and head.

It can be done, but I come back to "is it worth it?"

Hmm.

EDIT: Nevermind. I forgot about the remolded chest pieces. Plus the red and blues are muted compared to the original. Damn.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby UltraPrimal » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:55 pm

Motto: "Vote for Beast Wars!"
Weapon: Sword
Hey, who's that big green bot? He looks pretty cool.
UltraPrimal
Gestalt
News Credits: 32
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby JRFitzpatrick7 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:04 pm

Motto: "It is an unfortunate fact that we can secure peace only by preparing for war."
Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
that looks like the best pic of soundwave so far. I've been dreading purchasing him, but that pic ives me a little faith. i guess its all in the pose.
Seibertron wrote:

Seibertron.com is a Transformers fansite. It is not a fansite about 3rd party products. I do NOT care for 3rd party products. I am TIRED of seeing the stuff here on this site. That's all it comes down to.

JRFitzpatrick7
Headmaster Jr
Buy from JRFitzpatrick7 on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby MINDVVIPE » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:07 pm

Motto: "One look from me and you've lost"
Weapon: Black Magic
I love how when it comes to Transformers, you still get advertisments for G1 figures. Kids and such must be like, WTF IS THAT POS, hehe.
THE POWERS OF DARKNESS ARE A MORE POWERFUL WEAPON THAN ALL THE TOYS YOUR SCIENCE CAN MUSTER

Die, Autobots!
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt
Strength: ???
Intelligence: 10+
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Postby stk » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:03 am

Motto: "The Ultra Magnus quote. You know, the "Hand me the bomb" one."
Dre Merc wrote:

Thirded.

Great mold. Terrible paint job. Or more accurately, lack of a decent paint job. And I don't want to try and disassemble it to paint it myself.

Even if they are too cheap to give us the Buster pin striping again, the least they could do is cover up the awful, cheap-looking gray plastic with silver paint the way it's supposed to be.

I kept hoping that when new pictures surfaced, they'd show that the parts that are supposed to be painted silver would be after all. At the very least, the truck's grill or something. But nope.

So forget it.

Not that Takara/Tomy would ever read this, but at these prices, for my hard-earned money, I'd rather have fewer gimmicks and add-on parts, and more paint. I'd be MUCH more likely to buy an exact re-release of Buster Prime with the premium paint job, pin-striping, and chrome for $120, than I would be to buy Striker Prime with his extra weapons but garbage looking paint job.
stk
Mini-Con

Postby Ravage XK » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:44 am

Motto: "Are those my feet?"
Weapon: 20 Megavolt Stun Rifle
Striker Prime looks like he drove through the remains of Meagatron and a bunch of bits got stuck.

TF COUNT: Lost count!
Latest Additions: Haslab Unicron, Siege Jetifre, SS Blitzwing
Ravage XK
Gestalt
News Credits: 15
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 9
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby autobotOG » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:23 am

I don't know...im kinda digging the darker paint scheme. It's something different. I mean, how many leader primes do we have so far with the same exact color schemes? At least it isnt something off the wall weird like that new Asian exclusive jetwing prime, LOL. Definetly would've preferred the buster treatment tho...maybe with just darker colors would've been cool. The killer for me....those GD RED TOES!!! What is with those stupid things?? Enough already!
autobotOG
Mini-Con

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:23 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
UltraPrimal wrote:Hey, who's that big green bot? He looks pretty cool.

He's not that big really. That's Air Raid, or Seeker Air Raid in Japan, a Deluxe. He's in the same US wave as Dark Steel.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Postby RodimalToyota » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:10 am

If you want museum Prime get buster, If you want "I just busted some Decepticon heads, and saved the planet" get Striker Prime. Chrome on him would look rather out of place. Not only did they release Buster, but they are re-releasing him again. I don't want any of the same treatments on all the same mold. I'm glad the colors are darker, it's a darker story, and it's Dark of the Moon. Either way, We will know the FINAL colors when the first one arrives at a retailer.
Masterpiece Hoarder
RodimalToyota
Pretender

Postby UltraPrimal » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:39 am

Motto: "Vote for Beast Wars!"
Weapon: Sword
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
UltraPrimal wrote:Hey, who's that big green bot? He looks pretty cool.

He's not that big really. That's Air Raid, or Seeker Air Raid in Japan, a Deluxe. He's in the same US wave as Dark Steel.

I was actually talking about Devastator, and was going to make a joke about how that's not Devastator because he should have pair of wrecking balls between his legs. :p
UltraPrimal
Gestalt
News Credits: 32
Intelligence: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby stk » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:52 pm

Motto: "The Ultra Magnus quote. You know, the "Hand me the bomb" one."
RodimalToyota wrote:If you want museum Prime get buster, If you want "I just busted some Decepticon heads, and saved the planet" get Striker Prime. Chrome on him would look rather out of place. Not only did they release Buster, but they are re-releasing him again. I don't want any of the same treatments on all the same mold. I'm glad the colors are darker, it's a darker story, and it's Dark of the Moon. Either way, We will know the FINAL colors when the first one arrives at a retailer.

I can do without the chrome, but I need the silver. I know the toy is made out of plastic, but it doesn't need to look like it. The dull gray plastic truck grill makes the whole toy look cheap and awful on every non-Buster release of the RotF Leader Prime mold. As does the dull gray arms, legs, waist, etc., in robot mode.

It's one thing if it's a cheap $40 Hasbro release. I still don't like it, but at least there it's excusable -- you get what you pay for. But when you are charging more than $100 for the same basic mold, paint the freaking toy.
stk
Mini-Con

Postby Faraid Ez-Zone » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:17 pm

I think I'll wait for the Buster Treatment...
Faraid Ez-Zone
Mini-Con
Watch Faraid Ez-Zone on YouTube

Postby Cyberseven » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:47 pm

Weapon: Fusion Cannon
I pre-ordered my Striker Optimus with the extra battle blade set too. It was back for pre-order on BBTS this morning. I am glad I ordered it this time around, since it looks like the pre-order sold out again, fast.
I can't wait to see him in first hand. =P~
Cyberseven
Vehicon
News Credits: 1
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Postby SKYWARPED_128 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:58 pm

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
I think I'll wait for a potential buster version as well, more for financial reasons than anything else. The recent, almost tandem, purchases of DMK-1 OP, Jetwings OP and MP-10 have sapped my funds to an all time low.

I'd rather save my pennies for a buster version.
SKYWARPED_128
Gestalt
Endurance: 10+

Postby SKYWARPED_128 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:11 pm

BTW, do those non-transformable Starscream F-22 Raptors scale in with the leader, voyager and deluxe figures?

I might just get one to display on my desktop.
SKYWARPED_128
Gestalt

Postby RodimalToyota » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:52 pm

There 1/144, it's roughly the size of those metal airplanes you buy in the store for 2$
Masterpiece Hoarder
RodimalToyota
Pretender

Postby SKYWARPED_128 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:02 pm

RodimalToyota wrote:There 1/144, it's roughly the size of those metal airplanes you buy in the store for 2$

Thanks, RodimalToyota. Definite pass, then. For the kind of price they're asking, it's way too small. I was hoping for at least a voyager class size.
SKYWARPED_128
Gestalt

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2023 APR238112 2E (CA) Lotay (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #7 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2024 0124IM329 7D (CA) Allen (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #7 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ptg Cvr C Laughter Image Comics 2023 1123IM810 (CA) Howard"
VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 0823IM476 5A (CA) De Felici (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #5 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Saturday Morning Adv #3 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 FEB220413 3B (CA) Murphy"
GI JOE Saturday Mo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #2 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 2B 1223IM260 (CA) Ortiz"
COBRA COMMANDER #2 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #3 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2024 3C 0124IM240 (CA) Burnham"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #3 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE CASTLE FALL #1 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 One-Shot SEP200471 1A (CA) Evenhuis"
GI JOE CASTLE FALL ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #4 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 4B 0224IM256 (CA) Bressan + Lucas"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #4 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #1 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 1A 0623IM807 (CA) Milana + Leoni"
COBRA COMMANDER #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE SNAKE EYES DEADGAME #5 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 SEP200475 5B (A/CA) Liefeld"
GI JOE SNAKE EYES ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE YEARBOOK #4 Marvel Comics 1988 (CA) Trimpe (W) Hama 220721A"
GI JOE YEARBOOK #4 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 3rd ptg Image Comics 2024 1123IM894 (CA) Flaviano (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #5 3rd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 5th ptg Image Comics 2024 1023IM893 (CA) Lindsay (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #2 5th ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Menasor Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers RID Combiner Force Warriors Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Buzzsaw Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Titans Return Autobots Throttle and Breakaway Action Figure" on AMAZON