This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

TransFormers on PAY-PER-VIEW July 3rd?!

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

TransFormers on PAY-PER-VIEW July 3rd?!

Postby Autobot032 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:27 am

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
http://www.uberpulse.com/
I don't have the direct link to the article, but it says TransFormers will be on PPV on July 3rd! $49.99

Info courtesy of Hooks @ CorvusChatter
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby mangatron » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:31 am

mangatron
Vehicon
News Credits: 1

Postby Canned Pasta » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:55 am

Weapon: Laser Sighted Lightning Rifle
If you have a DVD recorder or DVR, then I would think it's worth it.
Canned Pasta
Fuzor
News Credits: 3
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby trailbreaker » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:01 am

Canned Pasta, that's a good point. I wonder if the pirates will be able to record it from Pay-Per-View, or if the signal will disable any recording.
trailbreaker
Micromaster

Postby y2jfreak » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:01 am

i take it Sky Box Office will be doing this? hopefully?
y2jfreak
Mini-Con

Postby Wheeljack35 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:04 am

Hell no I wan to see this badboy in a theater then let it come out on DVD a few months later then cable about a year later

The way it ought to be
Wheeljack35
City Commander
News Credits: 26
Watch Wheeljack35 on YouTube

Postby Skowl » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:08 am

Payperview?

Ummm.... bad idea?
Skowl
City Commander
News Credits: 665

Postby Prime Evil » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:08 am

Motto: "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Well, I'm seeing it in the theaters at midnight July 3rd, but I would watch it at home too since I have off the 4th. I'm sure my cable won't be carrying it though.
facebook
PSN:Kalibr3Fyre
Transfandom's resident Junglist
Botcon Twitter re: Botcon 2012, "This set is not TFA" :D

Fans Project- Highly Recommend any and all products
Hasbro- Need more Generations toys peas
HeadRobots- Awesome, looking fwd to more good products
Perfect Effect- OK, looking fwd to more lil bots.
Prime Evil
Godmaster
News Credits: 23
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby Optimus Prime 101 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:08 am

wow! ON TV ALREADY?!?!
Optimus Prime 101
Mini-Con

Postby UFO » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:11 am

$50 my ass...
UFO
Godmaster

Postby Roboto750 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:11 am

Motto: "Winners are losers who got up and gave it one more try."
Weapon: Electro Scrambler Gun
Can you say "bootleg"?

Can't say I'm really a fan of this idea. I mean, the jokes about it being on "TV already" are coming in already! Plus, I really don't see what there is to gain from this (besides money, of course). I mean, unless you have an expensive setup, how could this compare to the theatrical experience?
Roboto750
Headmaster
Buy from Roboto750 on eBay
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10
Courage: 8

Postby Lapse Of Reason » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:14 am

Weapon: Sword
I'd rather pay $25 and see it with a bunch of excited Transfans early at Botcon - in a theater~!
Lapse Of Reason
Gestalt
News Credits: 10
Buy from Lapse Of Reason on eBay
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10+
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: ???
Skill: 10+

Postby Megatron Wolf » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:15 am

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Frak that man im seeing it on the really big screen with really big speakers. Now if i had a DVD recorder than yeah maybe. I know my friends would chip in to see it and get a DVD but seeing as how i dont have the DVDR im going to see it at the movies. Its a good idea though. It should be a little cheaper. Maybe $30-$40 not $50.
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10

Re: TransFormers on PAY-PER-VIEW July 3rd?!

Postby Mr.RobotoAutoMan » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:20 am

Autobot032 wrote:http://www.uberpulse.com/
I don't have the direct link to the article, but it says TransFormers will be on PPV on July 3rd! $49.99

why would they charge $50. mostly new movies that are ppv are at $3. this is a lie a total lie.
Mr.RobotoAutoMan
Combiner

Postby ZenPrime » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:26 am

This is one of those movies that should be enjoyed in the theater on the big screen, even better IMAX in 3D!
ZenPrime
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 23

Postby MaikeruSama » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:27 am

Canned Pasta wrote:If you have a DVD recorder or DVR, then I would think it's worth it.

hahaha i dont have to buy this movie on dvd later i just record it for a small price of 49 dollars but im still going to see it at the movie 2
MaikeruSama
Vehicon

Postby Autobobby1 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:34 am

Weapon: Gattling Gun
I'd rather see it in the theater for the full experience. Besides, I don't have cable or PPV. :P
Mashed potatoes can be your friends!
Autobobby1
Godmaster
News Credits: 2
Strength: 7
Speed: 3
Endurance: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Postby sindred » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:36 am

It's 50 bucks because they go with the assumption that you won't be watching it alone. So if you get 15 people in your house around your big ass TV then you've saved money from going to the theater. I'm still watching it at the Theater. I can't imaging someone not bootlegging this straight to a digital format. Hell even if they shoot it on camera, they have all the time in the world to set up and shoot it off a clean LCD monitor, which will be only next to a clean DVD rip, and beats the crap that people put on the net, shot off the Theater screen. I don't know if it's a great idea.
sindred
Mini-Con

Postby Windracer » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:36 am

Motto: "There's no relief in bitterness, may as well let it die."
Weapon: Electric Cannon
Hah, I preordered tickets over Fandango for all my family for the 8PM showing on July 2nd... and it still didn't set me back $50. I mean going to the theatre is half the experience!
GW2: Caitmonster.9036 (Tarnished Coast / NA)
Burn's still a butt. <3
Windracer
Pretender
News Credits: 1
Alt Mode: Dragon
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 10
Endurance: 5
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10
Skill: 8

Postby Koloth » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:41 am

Mr.RobotAutoMan wrote:

why would they charge $50. mostly new movies that are ppv are at $3. this is a lie a total lie.

Because new PPV movies are already released on DVD and no longer competing with the theaters. The high price is to deter to many people from using this option as a way to cheap out of going to the theater and thus hurting th theaters even more.

But if you have a 60" HDTV with a nice 5.1 surround sound system why wouldn't you? Theaters suck, you have loud audience members, sticky floors, expensive stale popcorn. There is a reason many people will wait for the DVD and why theaters are losing a lot of business lately. Many people do have nice home theaters and the theater experience when compared just isn't worth the hassle. It isn't the rare weekend treat it used to be 20+ years ago.
Koloth
Vehicon

Postby Tripredacus agent » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:42 am

I expect the net will be flooded with downloads 5 mins after the credits have rolled...
" Job has all his children killed, and Michael Bay gets to keep making movies. Then I was right there is no God." - Kyle Broflovski
Tripredacus agent
Mini-Con

Postby bl80 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:46 am

i agree this is one of those movies that pretty much requires to be in a big theater to enjoy..

then again my new sony 1080p tv with my very expensive surround sound setup is a pretty f**king amazing place to watch a movie.

i bought 4 tix for the 8pm July2 showing. 8.75 per.

for a few bucks more to have it at my house w/ the ability to pause and rewind??? i might have considered the alternative.

i think its great to have this as a choice.
bl80
Mini-Con

Postby Versa » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:56 am

Boy this news will steam up the movie theater business! Seeing as people will get to start enjoying movies right in their own home instead of theaters to avoid the rude people the concession sales will probably go down.

Certainly there are movies I think 100% should be seen in theaters first, like Transformers, BUT... Can anyone agree with me that there are those movies you do want to see here and there, but worry you're going to get a bunch on inconsiderate jerks sitting near you who will be rattling wrappers or talking or texting on those bright displays while you are trying to enjoy your movie when you'd rather pay a bit of a premium to not deal with that at all?

Say you do have a home theater, ok? You have pretty freakin nice setup... Say you want to see a film like "Knocked Up." But you know there's going to be some idiot there who is going to ruin it for you because you know there are just some people out there who seem to love blowing $10 to get into a film and ruin it for others. You're going with 3 or so other people who want to see the movie and you have the opportunity to see it at home with no disturbances. Would you watch it with the jerks and on the big screen, or on a really nice home theater with a few of your friends (at a higher price) but absolutely no disturbances? These less-bigger event films should get the opportunity to be viewed at home at the higher price. HUGE movies I would see in a heartbeat on the big screen as I always do.

I know it's the experience of going to a movie that is great and all, but it's really great if everyone is going for the same reason. Some are there to just have it be a social event while other crowds are there because they WANT to see the movie. This is why I always try to catch those midnight shows on opening day because chances are very little someone's gonna be there to ruin it for you.

I remember one time I went to see Lord of the Rings: Return of the King for the 2nd or 3rd time and some idiot brought their baby in. The baby cried right at the beginning of the film while the Smoegel story was being revealed. A guy yelled, "Shut the baby up!" and there was a bit of an exchange of words. It's stuff like that that ruins the experience and just makes you hate going to movies sometimes. I get really into movies when I go to the theaters and don't like people talking or making noise. If people would just learn to SHUT UP during the movies all the time I'd refute the whole pay per view idea, but that's really not a bad idea.

I will repeat what I said though in that huge anticiptaed movies I will always see in theaters first. no question. As long as I get to see it on that opening show it's usually fine.
VERSA
Versa
Fuzor

Postby polymorphic » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:56 am

Whether you like it or not, PPV/DVD/home viewing is the future of cinema. Theaters are already beginning to see the trend to their detriment. If I could download or PPV all new movies, I would never go to the dirty, stinky, kid infested theater ever again. Neither would most people with a large TV and surround sound.

Also, I would never have bought tickets for TF at the theater if I knew they were offering this.
polymorphic
Mini-Con

Postby Mr.RobotoAutoMan » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:57 am

Koloth wrote:
Mr.RobotAutoMan wrote:

Because new PPV movies are already released on DVD and no longer competing with the theaters. The high price is to deter to many people from using this option as a way to cheap out of going to the theater and thus hurting th theaters even more.

But if you have a 60" HDTV with a nice 5.1 surround sound system why wouldn't you? Theaters suck, you have loud audience members, sticky floors, expensive stale popcorn. There is a reason many people will wait for the DVD and why theaters are losing a lot of business lately. Many people do have nice home theaters and the theater experience when compared just isn't worth the hassle. It isn't the rare weekend treat it used to be 20+ years ago.

not my theater. my theater has digital projectors. that means digital picture and sound. its the only theater in las vegas with digital written all around it. no more roll of films. can a 60'' HDTV with 5.1 top that?
Mr.RobotoAutoMan
Combiner

Next

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #26 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010C"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #57 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Furman (A/CA) Delbo 230915Z"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #66 Marvel Comics 1990 (W) Furman (A) Senior (CA) Akin 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers REIGN STARSCREAM #5 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2008 Movie Sequel 5RI 230323"
Transformers REIGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #25 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2020 SEP200485 25RI 210804 (CA) Ossio"
TRANSFORMERS #25 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #31 Marvel Comics 1987 (W/A) Budiansky (A) Perlin 210422B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #1 2nd ptg Cvr B Image Comics 2023 APR239178 (CA) Marz (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #1 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ROBOTS IN DISGUISE #7 Cvr A IDW Comics 2012 7A (CA)Griffith 220709A"
Transformers ROBOT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Wreckers TREAD & CIRCUITS #4 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 4A (CA) Lawrence"
Transformers Wreck ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS '84 Secrets & Lies #2 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 MAR200704 2B (CA)Coller"
TRANSFORMERS '84 S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #8 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2024 0224IM322 8C (CA) Araújo +O’Halloran"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #8 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ROBOTS IN DISGUISE #9 Cvr A IDW Comics 2012 9A (CA)Griffith 220709A"
Transformers ROBOT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers MOVIE PREQUEL #1 RE IDW Comics 2007 1RE Brian's Toys 230323"
Transformers MOVIE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #32 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Budiansky (CA) Springer 210422B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Predaking Figure [Amazon Exclusive](Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Terri-Bull" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Wreck-Gar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition "Year of the Goat" Exclusive Masterpiece Soundwave by Hasbro" on AMAZON