This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Tokyo Toy Show Images: Kabaya Fortress Maximus, Show Exclusives, Arms Micron, & More

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Tokyo Toy Show Images: Kabaya Fortress Maximus, Show Exclusives, Arms Micron, & More

Postby Deruji » Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:49 pm

I liked the video. I also like his revolver chest action for the three tapes.
They also mentioned that there is some type of mechanism so that Laserbeak can stay perched on his arm or shoulder, that's pretty cool too.

Note: just checked it again, when you look at the picture with Lazerbeak on his shoulder, you can see that he has a plastic piece on the outside of his left wrist on which you can hook Laserbeaks claws, and his shoulders work in a similar way. Laserbeaks' claws can hook into the shoulder so he won't fall off.
Available for freelance translations. Contact me here or at facebook
You can now pre-order my latest novel: The Chronicles of Terlan: Daedala
I also accept donations for fan-translations: Donate.
Deruji
Minibot
News Credits: 3
Watch Deruji on YouTube
Buy from Deruji on eBay

Re: Tokyo Toy Show Images: Kabaya Fortress Maximus, Show Exclusives, Arms Micron, & More

Postby Samsonator » Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:23 pm

Motto: ""Death is the only way out.""
Weapon: Sword of Fury
Oh sweet, Fort Max's parts ARE NOT blind packed, they state on the package which one is which. This means that for anyone who preordered a case (like me), they will more than likely get one full set.
I'm curious though, with each box being the same size, it now really makes no sense for a case of these things to contain five units, as preorders have stated, I'm hoping this is an error, and they will have two full sets a case... I wanna repaint one either into Grand Max, or Brave Max.

Soundwave being the size of MP-10 and MP-11 puts him PERFECTLY in scale with all the non-Convoy Version 1 and Megatron Masterpieces, (speaking of which, rescaled MP Megatron, get on it, TakaraTomy) I am indeed looking forward to this Soundwave, and am especially happy with his G1 tape compatibility. Setting aside a little money each payday for this badass.

All in all, this is great news!
Samsonator: I swear I'm still here! Yes, I know it's been fourteen years...
Toy reviews on YouTube? Don't mind if I do!
I build model kits on Twitch, too!
Samsonator
Brainmaster
News Credits: 3
Watch Samsonator on YouTube
Alt Mode: Tank
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Courage: 6
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby Joetx » Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:55 pm

So MP Sideswipe is Alternators/Binaltech-sized.

I hope that means his price is adjusted accordingly.
Attachments
mp10 convoy vs alt skids r.jpg
Alternators Skids vs. MP 10 Convoy
Joetx
Fuzor

Postby craggy » Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:45 pm

I absolutely love the chest gimmick. A real big huge step up from the Soundblaster chest we've been seeing in all the reissues over the past decade, and totally unnecessary, so it's nice to see it. The original G1 tapes fitting in there is great news, because it means that even if I can't find the cash for MP13, or it sells out and is never reissued (and I could see an early sell-out being very likely, although I'd be surprised if they didn't milk this til demand runs out) at least I'll be able to stick them in the original SW.

The tapes are great. Am particularly impressed that Laserbeak's weapons are part of the tape mode. I suspect they've probably managed the same with Ravage, but can't see Frumble and Renzy's piledrivers being anything other than extra pieces. Not that I'm bothered, those little guys look fan-bloody-tastic. Wasn't sure on Ravage at first, but seeing it in the video, instead of pics, it looks like it'll be fine once painted. Really hope we get Ravage, Frenzy and Rumble, and maybe even Buzzsaw (or a 3rd tape mold, if they're really generous) in a single set of Cassetticons. Will settle for the main 3 (with 'Beak coming with SW of course) for a lower price though.

Oh, and Lambor looks okay. Kinda off my radar now though since I really want SW and his wee gang.

Also, re: the Arms Micron toys, it's nice to see a pic of the Dark Matter Calibur with the other toys. It's a big beast of a sword, innit? 8)
assembling a Neo-G1/TF:TM cast. Please PM if you have (or know of) the following at a reasonable price: Classics or Henkei Astrotrain, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, or 3rd Party iGear Ratchet and Ironhide.
Also looking for Universe Repugnus and Overbite, Frostbite and Longhorn and any Webdiver toys.
craggy
Faction Commander
News Credits: 4

Postby craggy » Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:54 pm

Joetx wrote:So MP Sideswipe is Alternators/Binaltech-sized.

I hope that means his price is adjusted accordingly.

it is.
He's about half the price of Soundwave, IIRC. Maybe $80 in yer fancy pants Merican moneys. :P
assembling a Neo-G1/TF:TM cast. Please PM if you have (or know of) the following at a reasonable price: Classics or Henkei Astrotrain, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, or 3rd Party iGear Ratchet and Ironhide.
Also looking for Universe Repugnus and Overbite, Frostbite and Longhorn and any Webdiver toys.
craggy
Faction Commander

Postby Trikeboy » Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:39 pm

After seeing the video, Soundwave is the only must buy from this year. That thing is amazing. Waist articulation, double jointed elbows so he can push his own eject button, the way the tapes appear inside him, Energon cubes, Laserbeak. This will be the definitive G1 Soundwave, nothing after could be an improvement from what I have seen.
Watch the first of my youtube series, Friends Transform.

Trikeboy
Brainmaster
News Credits: 10

Postby Hypershock » Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:42 pm

Motto: "I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe. Oh, and I may or may not have been to Coruscant once or twice. Recently. Possibly."
Weapon: Dual Solar Powererd Vibro Cannons
I think im the only one here who thinks the coolest reveals were the fleeting shots of Prime ironhide and thundertron's toys. Also, MP Soundwave? YES.
Hypershock
Combiner
Watch Hypershock on YouTube
Strength: 6
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Courage: 6
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Postby craggy » Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:47 pm

Thundertron might be good. I need to see more. Like, something I can actually see. I like it in theory. Soundwave I love even unpainted, so it can only get better.
craggy
Faction Commander

Postby Blurrz » Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:06 pm

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
So Terrorcon is the new Elite Guard. OP, Arcee, Bulkhead and Ratchet repaints inc...

Oh dear :(
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Postby RAcast » Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:15 pm

Motto: "Can't stop, so what! That's how I like it!"
Weapon: Rocket Launcher
Blurrz wrote:So Terrorcon is the new Elite Guard. OP, Arcee, Bulkhead and Ratchet repaints inc...

Oh dear :(

It's a cool looking repaint...but as far as I'm concerned it's not really a "Terrorcon" unless it has a new zombified head (or at least some paint apps to make it look like it's been beaten up). Of course, if it does get a good looking remold/redeco in the head, I'm all for it. The rest of it looks pretty badass, and I love Soundwave's minicon.
Old fasioned games!
And new fashioned friends!
Come on everybody this is Ta-ble Flip!
RAcast
City Commander
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Courage: 10

Postby Sodan-1 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:00 pm

Motto: "Motive is a universal weakness."
Oh boy! Where to begin?

First: Why no decent photos of Unicron? Or Ironhide? Or Magnus? Or Thundertron? This is the first time the actual figures have been seen anywhere and they're nothing more than faces in the background. What the hell?!

Second: Lets hear it for another Bumblebee repaint that looks better than the original. Bravo!

Third: Soundwave is awesome. His size is perfect and the repeater style chest loader is a stroke of genius. Takara have finally come through and then some. Laserbeak is the best of the cassettes. Frenble looks good but needs a better pose. Ravage will do the job but he's not great looking here. Needs bigger missiles too.

Lastly: Jet Vehicon's looking really good. I hate that I want to troop build. Also I motion that Jet Vehicon be known from this point on as Seeker. The name Jet Vehicon sucks.
Sodan-1
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby wewyllenium » Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:57 pm

Bravo TakataTomy for those MPs. Now I want a MP Devastator!!!

Win me back from 3rd parties!!!! :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK:

3 tapes can fit!!! A tear rolled down my cheek. Happiness!!!!!

Hype Level through the roof!!!! :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:
Last edited by wewyllenium on Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
wewyllenium
Fuzor
Watch wewyllenium on YouTube
Buy from wewyllenium on eBay

Postby Doctor McGrath » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:01 pm

Motto: "This is quick but not quite painless.."
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Glue Gun
I am thoroughly impressed Takara. I hate to over look MP-Sideswipe but Soundwave is damn near perfect. Ravage, Laserbeak, Rumble/Frenzy all follow suit. Can't wait to see more of them.
El Duque wrote:Quite a firestorm I started here :michaelbay:
Doctor McGrath
Gestalt
News Credits: 5
Buy from Doctor McGrath on eBay
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7

Postby Ghost Starscream » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:15 pm

Jet Vehicon = awesome
Sideswipe = awesome
Soundwave + Tapes = beyond awesome

I like the chest gimmick for Soundwave...but I do have one concern. What's gunna happen when it gives out and you have 2 tapes stuck inside? For me, I'm not very experienced in taking apart and putting back together.
Ghost Starscream
Mini-Con
Buy from Ghost Starscream on eBay

Postby TimothyR » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:19 pm

Sodan-1 wrote:Oh boy! Where to begin?

First: Why no decent photos of Unicron? Or Ironhide? Or Magnus? Or Thundertron? This is the first time the actual figures have been seen anywhere and they're nothing more than faces in the background. What the hell?!

Third: Soundwave is awesome. His size is perfect and the repeater style chest loader is a stroke of genius. Takara have finally come through and then some. Laserbeak is the best of the cassettes. Frenble looks good but needs a better pose. Ravage will do the job but he's not great looking here. Needs bigger missiles too.

That's EXACTLY what i was thinking.. i thought for sure we'd see more photos of those new prime figures.... weird.

soundwave is SUPER awesome. i would say that he's one of the most perfect masterpiece figures that they've made.. but then i remember Prime, Grimlock, Hot Rod, and now Sideswipe & Red Alert lol.

i to think the mechanism in his chest is absolutely GENIUS.. i can just see myself transforming the bots into cassettes, putting them in, taking them out transforming them, then repeat for hours lol.

i personally wouldn't mind just paying $200 and have everything included, the two doors, the cube, and the three cassettes (well, really, they should just give us 4 cassettes, we should get both frenzy and rumble)

i really really really hope prowl is the next autobot car we get, which would also mean we'd get smokescreen and bluestreak.

after seeing all of the improvements they've made between MP01 to MP10.. i really want to see what the next MP megatron will look like.. and see what kind of fiasco will happen with the whole toy gun thing.
TimothyR
Targetmaster

Postby noctorro » Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:14 am

What about those 2 third party Soundwaves?
I think they'll cancel that project.

And Hegemon won't be in scale with MP10 :(

Oh well, it looks like I'll be buying a lot of TF's after a few months. Buy All the FOC figures, Buy all the new MP figures!
http://www.plasticpolygon.com
I 3d design and print! Check out my instagram http://www.instagram.com/plasticpolygon3d for some Transformers weapons if you're interested. The War for Cybertron standard machine gun is ready as well as the Armada Optimus gun (smaller) and a Robotech Gunpod.
noctorro
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby MGrotusque » Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:29 am

Everything looks great but i don't think they'll ever top G1 Ravage. Forget all the attempts to 'articulate' him. All they have ever done is bulk him up and stray further away from a sleek feline aesthetic. As limited as some may think the G1 figure is, the simplicity of the design was so successful that it's never been matched since. IMO
MGrotusque
Gestalt
Strength: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 9

Postby Mkall » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:44 am

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
noctorro wrote:What about those 2 third party Soundwaves?
I think they'll cancel that project.

And Hegemon won't be in scale with MP10 :(

Not to worry, TakTom would be stupid not to make a proper MP Megatron to be in scale with everything else.

Sodan-1 wrote:First: Why no decent photos of Unicron? Or Ironhide? Or Magnus? Or Thundertron? This is the first time the actual figures have been seen anywhere and they're nothing more than faces in the background. What the hell?!

Didn't you see the first blurry pics? They had huge "No Pictures" signs all around them. after those first blurry pics showed up on the Internet, they probably became all the more vigilant.

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Postby El Duque » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:08 am

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Once again from the fine folks at the Planet Iacon facebook page, we have images from the 2012 International Tokyo Toy Show. This time they're giving us closer looks at:

• Arms Micron Terroncon Bumblebee in both modes
  • Arms Micron Battle Shield Optimus Prime
  • Arms Micron Breakdown in both modes
  • Arms Micron Darkness Megatron

El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Postby WolfDawg » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:16 am

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
I really like that Breakdown...but I REALLY hate applying stickers. I think I'll wait for the Hasbro release (assuming we ever get one...).

I never thought I would say this, but that Bumblebee is awesome! We need him here in the states!
WolfDawg
Brainmaster
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10
Courage: 1

Postby Deadput » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:18 am

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
terry bee will be myn even if i have to destroy the city of Tokyo to get it
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Courage: 7

Postby Gearslide » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:44 am

Motto: "Go with the flow"
Weapon: No Weapon
It's like Terrorcon Bumblebee is an allegory for the sad state of Bumblebee in our generation: A shambling, wrecked, empty husk of a Transformer. Also, totally want it. And Breakdown, Unicron, Nemesis Prime, Ultra Magnus, Thundertron, MECH Breakdown, Swerve, and Jet Vehicon.

Here's hoping Hasbro gives us at least 75% of these figures. I won't get my hopes up for TerrorBee though.

And that "Darkness Megatron" looks like a hybrid of Prime and G1 Megs, especially with the chrome (those don't look like stickers {!}) and tribal tattoos (those do though). It's like someone tossed the Hasbro Prime Megatron and a G1 Megatron toy into a Blender and this got spat out. That is not a bad thing. Tack on a Sweet-looking Purple Gora Micron and a Not-Ratbat (Hades), and you have one weird, awesome figure.

And speaking of Hades, is he still considered a Micron? Because he's bigger than a few of the deluxe figures in the line!
Gearslide
Combiner
Strength: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 4
Firepower: 1
Skill: 9

Postby Bouncy X » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:52 am

so whats up with Bumblebee? season 2 still hasnt aired here in canada so is that a reference to something that happens to him this current season? or is it some comic reference or simply a "just because" repaint? lol
"Expect nothing, but want it all"
Bouncy X
Pretender

Postby zodconvoy » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:22 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right to KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!"
Are there good pics of Ultra Magnus yet?
Now for Sale!

NOW ON eBAY:

Visit My Store!
zodconvoy
City Commander
News Credits: 5
Buy from zodconvoy on eBay

Postby RAcast » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:23 am

Motto: "Can't stop, so what! That's how I like it!"
Weapon: Rocket Launcher
WolfDawg wrote:I never thought I would say this, but that Bumblebee is awesome! We need him here in the states!

My sentiment exactly. Now that we have a proper shot of it, oh MAN it looks good!
Old fasioned games!
And new fashioned friends!
Come on everybody this is Ta-ble Flip!
RAcast
City Commander
Intelligence: 10
Courage: 10

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LONG HAUL Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Hasbro 2009 240109U"
NEW!
LONG HAUL Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Revenge Fallen Robot Replicas complete ROTF 2009 210930A"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers ROTF Burger King Fast Food Premium 2011 210930A"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Dark of the Moon OFFICIAL TRADING CARDS Pack 2011 Hasbro New DOTM"
Transformers Dark ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LA15 GRIMLOCK Transformers Lost Age Extinction AOE Takara Power Battlers New"
LA15 GRIMLOCK Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DEMOLISHOR Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete + more 2009 220802A"
DEMOLISHOR Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORPONOK Transformers Movie 2007 Burger King Kid's Meal Fast Food Premium 2007"
SCORPONOK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STARSCREAM Transformers Revenge Fallen Robot Replicas complete ROTF 2009 210930A"
STARSCREAM Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GRIMLOCK Transformers The Last Knight Legion Class Movie TLK Hasbro New 2017"
GRIMLOCK Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE FALLEN Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Target 2009 220802A"
NEW!
THE FALLEN Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SQWEEKS Transformers Last Knight Deluxe 100% complete TLK Movie Hasbro 221107A"
SQWEEKS Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE FALLEN Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Hasbro 2009 221013A"
NEW!
THE FALLEN Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DEMOLISHOR Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Hasbro 2009 240109T"
NEW!
DEMOLISHOR Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NITRO BUMBLEBEE Transformers Dark of the Moon Deluxe complete DOTM 2011 220420A"
NITRO BUMBLEBEE Tr ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Quake and Chasm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - MEGATRON Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON