This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-

Postby El Duque » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:30 am

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
TF YUKI has tweeted out teaser images of Takara Tomy's upcoming Transformers Generations figures:

• TG-21 Springer
  • TG-22 Blitzwing
  • TG-23 Metroplex
  • TG-24 Optimus Prime with Roller/Bumblebee with Blazemaster two-pack

All feature the line's signature metallic paint with various alternate decos. Metroplex comes with two of the his large red guns and features a chromed face. Check out the images mirrored below. The gold chrome piece seen with Scamper is the campaign exclusive GoKenzan helmet, and is not included with any of the figures.

El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-

Postby mooncake623 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:42 am

Weapon: Concussion Rifle
are those paint apps on Takara Metroplex? can not tell.
Looking for:
Botcon Redux Spark (Pyro)
"Comfort is the death of creativity "
"My country is the world... and my religion is to do good"
mooncake623
City Commander
News Credits: 461
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:01 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
mooncake623 wrote:are those paint apps on Takara Metroplex? can not tell.

Stickers I believe. Pre-applied I can't tell.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Postby kirbenvost » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:03 am

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Takara Metroplex makes Hasbro's look slightly uncrasimatic.
------------------------------
Old collection pics
------------------------------
For Sale/Trade
kirbenvost
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 11
Buy from kirbenvost on eBay
Strength: 6
Speed: 10+
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Postby Crosscheck » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:43 am

Weapon: Electro-burst Rifle
Blitzwing looks pretty good, but not enough to fork out more money than the Hasbro version.

Springer looks boring compared to the Hasbro version. He is essentially two colors. The light gray looks awful too.

I hate metallic paint on figures, so the Legends guys don't really look better than the Hasbro versions.

Metroplex has his ups and downs. I like that there is more white, as well as a lot of color separation. However, the white is too white. Metroplex is gray and off white. I definitely like a lot of the decals on this one better. Definitely like the white thighs compared to the SDCC chrome ones. Overall, this one is about neutral with the Hasbro version. I actually like the base Hasbro version better than the SDCC. I am waiting for a 3rd party to produce Six-Gun and Slammer. The loss of the extra rifle isn't that big of a deal, since they scrape up the paint when you put them on his carrier mode.
Crosscheck
Combiner
News Credits: 2
Speed: 6
Endurance: 4
Courage: 7
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby NamelessOne » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:52 pm

Motto: "My legs hurt!!!"
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Awww whaddahell!?!?!

Takara Metroplex has WHITE ramps / runways!? Also, where are the cool yellow writing stickers on the chest, etc - can anyone tell me by looking at it if the Takara version already has stickers applied?

I'm completely torn now - I just had the idea that the general colouring would remain the same, but the paint apps would be improved (so far, for Generations this year, I've held off buying the retail versions, as I normally end up selling them once I see and end up getting the Takara versions..).

Do I go for this, or chase down a HK Convention / SDCC version, or a regular release? All suggestions welcome!
NamelessOne
Minibot
Strength: 7
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 8

Postby Metrosuplex » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:43 pm

Motto: ""Nothing so liberates the heart as when a fool awakens from his folly.""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Crosscheck wrote:I hate metallic paint on figures, so the Legends guys don't really look better than the Hasbro versions.

I love the metallic paint looks. I just think it'd be more cost-effective to just paint these myself, considering the figures usually have imperfections or need for more paint, ANYWAY. Have you seen the BH Arcee? Hideous paint job on the face! :SICK: And Croc-Out wasn't much better.

#-o
Words from the wise:
GuyIncognito - "MetroSUplex, do you understand inflation? I'm guessing not."
Metrosuplex
Combiner
Strength: 6
Skill: 7

Postby megatronus » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:35 pm

Motto: "I would have waited an eternity for this."
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
El Duque wrote:Image[/center]

This is honestly one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time. He's so freaking cute!

Now that I see that there's a nice amount of metallic paint on Takara MetroPlex, he's back in the game for me. Let's see if I can conjure up the funds...

...hopefully I'll still be able to get the retail version.
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff
News Credits: 112
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Postby dragons » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:04 pm

NaM3L3sS wrote:Awww whaddahell!?!?!

Takara Metroplex has WHITE ramps / runways!? Also, where are the cool yellow writing stickers on the chest, etc - can anyone tell me by looking at it if the Takara version already has stickers applied?

I'm completely torn now - I just had the idea that the general colouring would remain the same, but the paint apps would be improved (so far, for Generations this year, I've held off buying the retail versions, as I normally end up selling them once I see and end up getting the Takara versions..).

Do I go for this, or chase down a HK Convention / SDCC version, or a regular release? All suggestions welcome!

My statement I bought hasbro version cheaper chromed face pushed me away to shiny for my taste not to botherd by extra gun paint little detials on metroplex himself timeconsuming yes but little cheap than sdcc and takara to import most people are really important about face of detail what iread over months by few little paint bottles at hobby store sells paint for modle cars paint details on shelf still cheaper it depends how much detialed you want to paint on him could cheap or expensive
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby Sodan-1 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:53 pm

Motto: "Motive is a universal weakness."
Dammit. I was hoping Takara's Scamper would have a black head. Really, rather very surprised it doesn't given Takara's usual leanings towards G1 accuracy.

Really not seeing much difference between Hasbro's and Takara's Blitzwing and Springer.
Sodan-1
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby fenrir72 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:20 pm

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Metroplex is sooooooo polite :lol:
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10

Postby Stormrider » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:25 pm

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
Takara Blitzwing and Springer look different than in other pictures we have seen. I was expecting more olive green for Springer and more sand color for Blitzwing.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK11681&mode=retail

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK11680&mode=retail
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 409

Postby hinomars19 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:25 pm

Motto: "never forget what you don't know"
Weapon: Blunt Force Battle Clubs
Stormrider wrote:Takara Blitzwing and Springer look different than in other pictures we have seen. I was expecting more olive green for Springer and more sand color for Blitzwing.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK11681&mode=retail

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK11680&mode=retail

Yeah, I did a double take on Springer. That's nowhere near the intial images we saw that definitely made him look more olive, overall darker in tone and painted yellow chest. This is as washed out and as plasticky as Hasbro's (which I own and love, but TT's stood to look better :-( )
hinomars19
Targetmaster
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 10+
Courage: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Postby BluavalancheZ71 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:41 am

Just out of curiosity, what is the gold weapon/backpack on Scamper? And where can I obtain one?
BluavalancheZ71
Mini-Con

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:41 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
BluavalancheZ71 wrote:Just out of curiosity, what is the gold weapon/backpack on Scamper? And where can I obtain one?

That's the prize in one of the Japanese Transformers: GO! campaigns, a gold-chromed GoKenzan helmet. So yeah, good luck trying to get one.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Skill: 5

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 Cover B (1st Print) IDW Comics 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 1B"
TRANSFORMERS #1 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-S16 PTERAXADON Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Battle Master 2019 New"
WFC-S16 PTERAXADON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLURR Transformers Studio Series 86-03 Animated Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
BLURR Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-03 CHEETOR + WASPINATOR Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2024"
BWVS-03 CHEETOR + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K33 SLAMMER Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
NEW!
WFC-K33 SLAMMER Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K22 DRACODON Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
NEW!
WFC-K22 DRACODON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E22 QUINTESSON JUDGE Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Tomy ER EX-08"
WFC-E22 QUINTESSON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E1 SOUNDBARRIER Transformers War Cybertron Earthrise Battle Master 2020 New"
WFC-E1 SOUNDBARRIE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K27 RHINOX Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K27 RHINOX Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K23 PREDACON SCORPONOK Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K23 PREDACON S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K35 TIGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K35 TIGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCRAPHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-24 Animated Movie Voyager 2024 New"
SCRAPHEAP Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K28 GALVATRON fixed shoulders Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader 2021"
WFC-K28 GALVATRON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K2 RATTRAP Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-K2 RATTRAP Tra ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Autobot Rewind" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight 1-Step Turbo Changer Cogman" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Legends Class Windcharger Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Beast Hunters Legion Class Smokescreen Stealth Fighter Figure" on AMAZON