This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Collectors' Club Exclusives and Subscription Figures

Get the latest Transformers related Convention and Event forum news and information. Join in discussions with fellow attendees right here on Seibertron.com.

Moderator: Club and BotCon Forum Staff

Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Exclusives and Subscription Figures

Postby gothsaurus » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:38 pm

Yeah, have to say... I love some seekers. I'd get a rainmaker set from USA or Asia or FunPub. AND I'd be especially excited to see more new characters or decos, which includes the unreleased G2 Sandstorm. He would display well with camo Acid Storm.

Might have to make a custom if one never surfaces. Seriously, those molds have to be wearing out by now!!! :^o
gothsaurus
Gestalt

Postby Seibertron » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:50 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
gothsaurus wrote:Might have to make a custom if one never surfaces. Seriously, those molds have to be wearing out by now!!! :^o

The Seekers are one of the biggest reasons I don't necessarily buy into the whole "mold degradation" claim. To me, "mold degradation" sounds like an excuse for something else such as an inexpensive mold that is only meant to be used for one or two productions or something gets stuck in the mold that goes unnoticed that causes problems with a mold or the plastic used is a different level of quality than previous uses. I'm not saying it doesn't happen and I am speculating, however I do feel like that it seems like when they want a mold to last a while, they seem to be able to do that just fine and that any other problems that seem to arise from supposed "mold degradation" could be prevented by taking better care of the mold, using a higher mold in the first place, or by using higher quality plastics. Case in point: the Seekers with 32 (is that correct?) uses.
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:00 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Seibertron wrote:
gothsaurus wrote:Might have to make a custom if one never surfaces. Seriously, those molds have to be wearing out by now!!! :^o

The Seekers are one of the biggest reasons I don't necessarily buy into the whole "mold degradation" claim. To me, "mold degradation" sounds like an excuse for something else such as an inexpensive mold that is only meant to be used for one or two productions or something gets stuck in the mold that goes unnoticed that causes problems with a mold or the plastic used is a different level of quality than previous uses. I'm not saying it doesn't happen and I am speculating, however I do feel like that it seems like when they want a mold to last a while, they seem to be able to do that just fine and that any other problems that seem to arise from supposed "mold degradation" could be prevented by taking better care of the mold, using a higher mold in the first place, or by using higher quality plastics. Case in point: the Seekers with 32 (is that correct?) uses.

On the flip-side, mold restoration has been confirmed to have happened on several occasions. A prime case in point would be the progress from G1 Jazz all the way to G1 Stepper's reissue. I can imagine that once a certain tooling has shown its potential worth, it's eligible for repair in the long run.
The Classic Seeker and potentially Optimus Prime are worth investigating as, despite popular belief they shouldn't be viable given certain releases, they continue to be used. The Seeker mold definitely has shown its worth, and still has potential releases in it, like Black Starscream from e-Hobby.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Skill: 5

Postby gothsaurus » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:32 pm

another option could be that they planned for the many releases by creating more than one mold. (?) Could also be that they just use it until it breaks... and that we've had good luck that it hasn't broken. ha.
gothsaurus
Gestalt

Postby Midnight_Fox » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:48 pm

Motto: "The Midnight Fox comes in the night,
always in shadow, never in sight."
Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
gothsaurus wrote:another option could be that they planned for the many releases by creating more than one mold. (?) Could also be that they just use it until it breaks... and that we've had good luck that it hasn't broken. ha.

You can tool more molds using the Master Mold if you still have it in good condition. Mold degradation is really only an issue if you keep using molds beyond their "natural life" due to damaged or lost master molds. It's how some companies have been using the same molds for 20+ years without noticeable quality issues.
Midnight_Fox
Godmaster
News Credits: 3
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Courage: 6
Firepower: 3
Skill: 7

Postby ScottyP » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:57 pm

Weapon: Battle Blades
My issue with the term "Mold degradation" is that it's used the wrong way. Folks think that just because a run has more mold flash, or more QC issues, or bad pin assembly, then there must be "mold degradation", but that's not necessarily the case.

The easiest way to tell if a mold is actually degraded, and that a new production one needs to be made out of the master, is to check the sculpted detailing. If it's duller, say for instance raised surfaces aren't as sharp, places where panel lining could go aren't as defined, things like this, then -that- is true mold degradation and the production one being used needs restoration or retirement. The recent MP Grimlock re-releases are one example of this. Outside of Transformers, Bandai is notorious for using production molds on re-releases way past their prime. There are Gundam kits from the 90's being reissued even today on a regular basis and their detail isn't nearly as sharp as kits from the first few runs.
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 639
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby gothsaurus » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:10 pm

Thanks to you both for some insightful back story. Cheers!
gothsaurus
Gestalt

Postby shajaki » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:44 pm

Motto: "A man who wants nothing is invincible."
Gauntlet101010 wrote:None of the Botcon Welcoming Committee Seekers matched their models.
i think theyre pretty close... only one id question is the blue guy. but hes so thundercracker'y that i can see why they changed him a bit.

Gauntlet101010 wrote:But if we're talking about Seekers we'd just like to see, my own vote is for one based on the unreleased G2 Sandstorm prototype.
i had to google this myself, so if anyone else was wondering what G2 sandstorm looked like, here he is ;)

shajaki
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 293
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Postby SW's SilverHammer » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:56 pm

Motto: "The  days  grow  shorter,  and  yet  the  sun  still  shines"
Weapon: Electron Scimitar Sword
I wants these from the club then:
Alpha Bravo-Shock:-1-

Consumerism Beauty

SW's SilverHammer
City Commander
News Credits: 25
Watch SW's SilverHammer on YouTube
Strength: 4
Speed: 5
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10

Postby Zeedust » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:45 pm

Motto: "Nothing says more about us than the futures we left behind."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
gothsaurus wrote:Scamper (Megatron)

Sorry I'm late to the party, but I assume you mean Slammer?
Zeedust
City Commander
News Credits: 7
Buy from Zeedust on eBay
Alt Mode: Uncategorized techno-organic ground vehicle
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 3
Courage: 2
Firepower: 6
Skill: 3

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:17 pm

shajaki wrote:
Gauntlet101010 wrote:None of the Botcon Welcoming Committee Seekers matched their models.
i think theyre pretty close... only one id question is the blue guy. but hes so thundercracker'y that i can see why they changed him a bit.

Well, they're closer than Acid Storm was to his cartoon counterpart, which was a single flat colour, if that's what you mean. But if FunPub can't make a 100% matching Sunstorm what makes you think they'll make a "close" Acid Storm? And if you acknowledge they wouldn't, then why bother? If the Takara MP is any indication that camo effect is not going away.

Some people hate KOs, so it makes sense for them to complete the Rainmakers set. Personally, I'd rather they try other things. Any of the unreleased G2 colour schemes would be nice. Or a Classics Exhaust (that'd be neat). But, if we're talking about the Rainmakers, I can see the sense in them making the remaining two (as opposed to doing a full set).
Gauntlet101010
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 1

New Transformers Collectors' Club Subscription Service 3.0 Serpent O.R. Image Shows Both Modes

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:32 pm

Motto: "I've looked into the eye of this island and what I saw was...beautiful"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
The Transformers Collectors' Club shared a new image of their Subscription Service 3.0 exclusive Serpent O.R. This image give a good look at both modes. If you are interested in subscribing to the service, the sign up period ends October 2nd at 11:59 p.m. If you need another look, check out the rest of the figures which include Krok, Nacelle, Tarantulas, Carzap with Blackrock and G2 Starscream.

-Kanrabat- wrote:YEah, too many Transformers are in a serious need of a good rim job.

Blast Cannon wrote:This thread is brilliant. Duragrip you are a gloriously weird sexual deviant and I love it.
LOST Cybertronian
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1235
Buy from LOST Cybertronian on eBay

Postby Bounti76 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:37 am

Weapon: Vibro-Axe
I signed up for TFSS 3.0, but this is one of the ones I'm definitely selling. Though the color scheme is interesting, I have zero interest in GI Joe.
Bounti76
News Staff
News Credits: 379
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Postby Rated X » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:08 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Im gonna keep him and find a backspace on my shelf for him to inhabit, but I agree TFCC needs to stay the hell away from GI Joe. Whats next ? A ratchet repaint to homage Doc ? Freaking stupid. But it could have been worse. They could have put marissa as one of the 3.0 figures or as the freebie. That would have really pissed me off.
Rated X
Banned
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:19 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Rated X wrote:Im gonna keep him and find a backspace on my shelf for him to inhabit, but I agree TFCC needs to stay the hell away from GI Joe. Whats next ? A ratchet repaint to homage Doc ? Freaking stupid. But it could have been worse. They could have put marissa as one of the 3.0 figures or as the freebie. That would have really pissed me off.
At least this toy has precedence for existing:

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Midnight_Fox » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:20 am

Motto: "The Midnight Fox comes in the night,
always in shadow, never in sight."
Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Rated X wrote:Im gonna keep him and find a backspace on my shelf for him to inhabit, but I agree TFCC needs to stay the hell away from GI Joe.

Eh, FunPub runs both clubs, I'm surprised they waited this long to do crossover exclusives.
Midnight_Fox
Godmaster
News Credits: 3
Strength: 6
Speed: 9
Firepower: 3

Postby gothsaurus » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:37 am

Nemesis Primal wrote:
gothsaurus wrote:Scamper (Megatron)

Sorry I'm late to the party, but I assume you mean Slammer?

Yeah, Nemesis Prime. I edited my earlier post and deleted the wrong word. YEAH! Slammer.
gothsaurus
Gestalt

Postby gothsaurus » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:47 am

Gotta say, of the other Joe repaints I'd be pleased with... at the top of the list would be a nice blue Cobra Rattler out of Powerglide.

If we got an entire line of excellent Joe/Cobra vehicles that transformed into mechs or Transformer characters (ie. NOT human-styled GI Joe characters like that daft Star Wars or Marvel line) I'd buy them up quick.

Putting human characters and faces on those lines killed them for me. Made them into kids toys instead of anything I could relate to or believe could actually exist in "real life".

That's like me painting my face on the hood of any car I drive. What kind of narcissist would make a transforming robot that looks like himself/herself... with his/her face... and skinny little people legs... or of a little boy like Anakin??? That's just weird.

Still holding out for this awesome line of TF/Joe armed to the teeth ala Roadbuster/Whirl meched-out crossovers. Hasbro... DO IT!!! :grin:
gothsaurus
Gestalt

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:50 am

Serpentor's one of the guys I'm looking forward to most, actually. This isn't Serpentor riding a ship based off himself it's based off the SerpentO.R. character in the crossover, which I really liked. The face here is just a repaint of Senator Ratbat's (which works surprisingly well).
Gauntlet101010
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 1

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:29 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
The only way this figure could be more perfect is A) if came with the pink versions of God and Zad for the Serpent Scepter, and B) if it was given the more proper name of "Serpentor Prime" instead of "Serpent O.R."
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Strength: 7
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 7

Postby shajaki » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:44 pm

Motto: "A man who wants nothing is invincible."
Gauntlet101010 wrote:Well, they're closer than Acid Storm was to his cartoon counterpart, which was a single flat colour, if that's what you mean. But if FunPub can't make a 100% matching Sunstorm what makes you think they'll make a "close" Acid Storm? And if you acknowledge they wouldn't, then why bother? If the Takara MP is any indication that camo effect is not going away.
i see what your saying about the classics acid storm. as for MP acid storm, i might be one of the few people who genuinely liked him! sure he had the camo thing going, but it was done well with that strange minecraft 8-bit thing it had. aside from the "boo he shoulda been skywarp or something" fandom anger, i dont see why he was so poorly received.

Gauntlet101010 wrote:Some people hate KOs, so it makes sense for them to complete the Rainmakers set. Personally, I'd rather they try other things. Any of the unreleased G2 colour schemes would be nice. Or a Classics Exhaust (that'd be neat). But, if we're talking about the Rainmakers, I can see the sense in them making the remaining two (as opposed to doing a full set).
yeah. i dont know why im complaining... ill buy any seeker they release in that mold :lol:
and i would SO be into a generations exhaust!
shajaki
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 293
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Transformers Collectors' Club Subscription Service 3.0 Last Day and New Art

Postby Va'al » Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:49 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Just in from the Transformers Collectors' Club is a reminder for everyone who has yet to sign up for the Subscription Service 3.0, which will allow you to receive the six announced figures of Serpent O.R, Carzap, Nacelle, Tarantulas, Krok and G2 Starscream, that today - 2nd October - is the last day to so! In addition, the Club has included a new piece of round-up art for all to enjoy, check it out below.

Today is the FINAL day to sign up for the TFSS 3.0 and we have one last little story surprise to go along with the amazing toy offerings. Check out the attached flyer for what fans can expect to see when it comes to THE 1980's CLASSIC version of everyone's favorite Decepticon... Starscream!

(New art included!)

People can signup for the TFSS 3.0 here.

UPDATE: New revised closing date

Hello all,

We have had several request to extend the deadline for those members who get paid on Friday. The new order deadline is Monday at 5pm Central Time. Don't wait until the last minute and miss these great figures!

In addition, please note that even if you subscribed to version 2.0 you are NOT automatically included in version 3.0. Each subscription set is its own process so if you want these great figures, you must subscribe again.

Thanks to all of you who have already subscribed!

Please note that this time we will not be ordering any extra figures beyond those for damage replacement. This means that very few may/may not make it in the store.

The service is available to anyone who is a member of the Transformers Collectors’ Club. The cost of this figure subscription service is $297 (plus shipping). You can pay all at once or in 3 installments. The 6 toys that make up the TFSS 3.0 are: KROK, NACELLE, TARANTULAS, CARZAP, SERPENT O.R. and G2 STARSCREAM. In addition to that you will receive a BONUS 7th figure to be mailed out with your final shipment.

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby K2vox » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:09 pm

Motto: "If you don't believe in the ridiculous absurdity of your genius, than who else will?"
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
I want that carzap badly... I don't know why, it just screams awesome and innovative to me. I love wild color schemes and it reminds me of Bugbite.
K2vox
Micromaster
Strength: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 4
Firepower: 4

Postby Bassmasterdust » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:10 pm

Cobra!!!!
Bassmasterdust
Mini-Con

Postby megatronus » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:25 pm

Motto: "I would have waited an eternity for this."
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Rated X wrote:Im gonna keep him and find a backspace on my shelf for him to inhabit, but I agree TFCC needs to stay the hell away from GI Joe. Whats next ? A ratchet repaint to homage Doc ? Freaking stupid. But it could have been worse. They could have put marissa as one of the 3.0 figures or as the freebie. That would have really pissed me off.

I'm not into Joe stuff, but I don't mind Joe homages as long as they're actual Transformers. They would never (I hope) put Marissa Fairborn in the Subscription Service, just like they wouldn't put the SDCC versions of Barroness/Ravage, Hound, Jetfire, or that Joe-scale Bludgeon into the TFSS. But if it transforms...

Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff
News Credits: 112
Buy from megatronus on eBay

PreviousNext

Return to Convention and Event Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD #180 Image Comics 2018 210119a (CA) Adlard + Stewart (W) Kirkman"
WALKING DEAD #180 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INVINCIBLE RED SONJA #8 Cvr L LTD Dynamite Comics 2022 NOV210591 8L (CA) Linsner"
INVINCIBLE RED SON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INVINCIBLE RED SONJA #9 Cvr G 1:15 Dynamite Comics 2022 DEC210648 9G (CA) Conner"
INVINCIBLE RED SON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOUSE OF SLAUGHTER #7 Cvr D 1:25 Boom Comics 2022 APR220683 7D (CA) Dell'Edera"
HOUSE OF SLAUGHTER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #16 Cvr D Pride Image Comics 2021 MAR219153 16D"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INVINCIBLE RED SONJA #6 Cvr B Dynamite Comics 2021 AUG210861 6B (CA) Linsner"
INVINCIBLE RED SON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INVINCIBLE RED SONJA #4 Cvr G 1:15 Dynamite Comics 2021 4G JUN210960 (CA) Conner"
INVINCIBLE RED SON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #85 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 0124IM335 85B (CA) Adlard + McCaig"
NEW!
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOUSE OF SLAUGHTER #1 Dynamic Forces DF Boom Comics 1D (CA) Haeser 240210D"
HOUSE OF SLAUGHTER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INVINCIBLE RED SONJA #2 incv 1:20 Dynamite Comics 2021 APR211065 (CA) Cosplay"
INVINCIBLE RED SON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INVINCIBLE RED SONJA #9 Cvr Q FOC Dynamite Comics 2022 MAR229175 9Q (CA)Hetrick"
INVINCIBLE RED SON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #28 Cvr A Image Comics 2021 OCT210188 28A (CA) Finch + McCaig"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #16 Cvr C Image Comics 2021 APR210348 16C (CA) Rapoza"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #25 Cvr C Image Comics 2021 AUG210056 25C (CA) Adlard"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Steeljaw Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Drift Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Slugslinger and Caliburst" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Hyperfire and Blurr" on AMAZON