This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Collectors' Club Exclusives and Subscription Figures

Get the latest Transformers related Convention and Event forum news and information. Join in discussions with fellow attendees right here on Seibertron.com.

Moderator: Club and BotCon Forum Staff

Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Exclusives and Subscription Figures

Postby Rated X » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:17 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Never saw those repaints before. Bottom line is they werent in the armada cartoon. Im guessing they were exclusive repaints from kaybee or TRU from back in the days? If theyre gonna homage the original 3 seekers in G1 fashion, they should have gone with with identical heads. That head fin looks pretty stupid. Id be totally down for a G1 style deco of starscream as well.
Rated X
Banned
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby TF_JW » Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:26 pm

Back during Armada (can you believe that was 13 years ago? It was! The toys started hitting store shelves Summer 2002. Right after I graduated high school!) Starscream was released in the first wave of offerings. For a while he, and then Thrust, were the only Seekers introduced by both the toy line and the television show. However when the second series of toys - marketed under the banner Transformers Armada: The Unicron Battles - came out, scores of repaints of toys from the first series started appearing on shelves. One of the first waves of Unicron Battles Voyagers (which at the time were being called "Mega-Cons") featured a blue and gray repaint of Starscream named, of course, Thundercracker.

Now having both Starscream and Thundercracker, fans wanted a Skywarp to complete the trio. Hasbro obliged, but to make the release extra-special (and to hopefully sway parents into buying a third use of the mold) they retooled the head, rear fins, and also included an entirely new Minicon. Unfortunately, though, Skywarp was scheduled for release in the last wave of the toy line. And we all know what happens to those. Indeed, stores under-ordered the wave and Skywarp became one of those hard-to-find figures almost immediately.

That's Hasbro's side of things. Over at Takara, they released them a little differently. Since in the show there was no Thundercracker, only the blue and gray Super Mode Starscream (there was, however, the one line in the English show delivered by Starscream right after his upgrade: "I look like...Thundercracker") that is precisely what Takara delivered in its toy line: Starscream and Super Mode Starscream. Skywarp was left out of Takara's main line offerings because there was no trio to complete.

Japan, though, did get a chance to buy Skywarp through the USA Edition store exclusive sub-line (which is also where the cancelled-in-the-USA red Powerlinx Thrust saw release). Ironically, although it was a store exclusive, Skywarp's limited main line release in the USA meant that for a very brief period, it was easier to obtain the Japanese store exclusive version instead.

That wasn't the end of the Skywarp tale, however. When Hasbro started the Universe toy line in 2003, they grabbed onto the Armada Skywarp tool to make the Toys R Us exclusive Ramjet figure. Unsure what to think of this white, blue, and red repaint rather than a more G1-inspired deco, some fans hesitated... And then the figure was gone from store shelves.

As quickly as his toy disappeared from shelves, his appearance in Transformers fiction lingered quite a bit longer. Hasbro toy bio writer at the time, Forrest Lee, took the character of Ramjet and told an involved story of his mission from Unicron against the Children of Primus as well as member of the 13 Vector Prime. This story was featured in the very first comic offering from the Transformers Collectors' Club, entitled "Crossing Over".

Given Ramjet's connection to the Club fiction, and Skywarp's toy connection to Ramjet, when the Generations Armada Starscream mold was first revealed, Ramjet and Skywarp became a very tempting pair of remolds/repaints for the Club to pursue. Which is exactly what eventually came about.

With Takara Tomy releasing their Super Mode Starscream (aka Thundercracker) in just a month or two, this will be a great way to get all 4 homages to the Armada/Universe redecoes/retools.
TF_JW
Fuzor
News Credits: 33

Postby Hellscream9999 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:42 pm

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
Well, unlike most end-of-line figures, I not only saw armada skywarp, he shelf-warmed pretty hard near me. I already had starscream, so I wasn't ready to double dip on him, but I really wish that I had, he was just so evil looking :twisted:
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby TF_JW » Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:26 pm

New artwork for TFSS 4.0 and "news" that NEXT issue of the Club Magazine (Issue #67) will have the first teaser for TFSS 5.0!

https://twitter.com/The_TF_Club/status/677566251275821057
https://www.facebook.com/151255348266785/photos/a.152760178116302.31570.151255348266785/1004669349592043

tfss4_tomoya.jpg
TF_JW
Fuzor

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:42 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
TF_JW wrote:As quickly as his toy disappeared from shelves, his appearance in Transformers fiction lingered quite a bit longer. Hasbro toy bio writer at the time, Forrest Lee, took the character of Ramjet and told an involved story of his mission from Unicron against the Children of Primus as well as member of the 13 Vector Prime. This story was featured in the very first comic offering from the Transformers Collectors' Club, entitled "Crossing Over".
"Balancing Act", you mean.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby TF_JW » Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:45 pm

Er. Yes I did. Thanks for the correction!
TF_JW
Fuzor

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:24 pm

Rated X wrote:Never saw those repaints before. Bottom line is they werent in the armada cartoon. Im guessing they were exclusive repaints from kaybee or TRU from back in the days? If theyre gonna homage the original 3 seekers in G1 fashion, they should have gone with with identical heads. That head fin looks pretty stupid. Id be totally down for a G1 style deco of starscream as well.
In addition to all that TF_JW said, this is the "CW Blast Off's altmode debate" all over again, only this time you're taking the side opposite from how you feel about Blast Off.

Like how you once said that G1 Blast Off being a jet should have happened back in the 80's instead of now, so too should Skywarp have not had a new head back in 2003 instead of now (which, as TF_JW explained, wasn't gonna happen since straight redecos were more of a gamble back then and a third redeco was feared to not sell as well as a remold, hence Skywarp getting special remolded parts to make him more different so that parents would be more willing to buy the toy a third time).

But since Blast Off was a shuttle back in the 80's, you feel he should still be a shuttle now too because it's just how he is, right? Well, this Skywarp toy should likewise have his unique head instead of Starscream's head because it's just how Armada Skywarp's head is.

It's not trying to be a G1 fashion, it's trying to be an Armada fashion. This Skywarp figure is getting a new head because the original toy had a new head. To not give it a new head would make it an unfaithful representation of the character that it's supposed to be. He's not supposed to be a mold-match for Armada Starscream and Armada Thundercracker.

Why, even Thundercracker got his own mold in the Cybertron line and cartoon, making him not resemble Starscream at all.

While Skywarp wasn't in the Armada cartoon (nor was Thundercracker, even), he was in the Armada comics, which a lot a older fans took to liking more than the cartoon at the time since the cartoon was more kiddie and childish when compared to the darker and cooler Armada comics.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby CombaticonsCombine? » Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:31 pm

Motto: "<:: Cavolo. ::>"
Weapon: Nuclear Charged Fusion Cannon
Sabrblade wrote: It's not trying to be a G1 fashion, it's trying to be an Armada fashion. This Skywarp figure is getting a new head because the original toy had a new head. To not give it a new head would make it an unfaithful representation of the character that it's supposed to be. He's not supposed to be a mold-match for Armada Starscream and Armada Thundercracker.

Why, even Thundercracker got his own mold in the Cybertron line and cartoon, making him not resemble Starscream at all.

This. So much this. Don't try to G1-ify things that were never meant to resemble G1 that closely.We aren't Legends Tankor, for crying out loud. :lol:

Sabrblade wrote:While Skywarp wasn't in the Armada cartoon (nor was Thundercracker, even), he was in the Armada comics, which a lot a older fans took to liking more than the cartoon at the time since the cartoon was more kiddie and childish when compared to the darker and cooler Armada comics.

And fewer animation errors to boot! ;)
CombaticonsCombine?
Minibot
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 4
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:32 pm

CombaticonsCombine? wrote:And fewer animation errors to boot! ;)
Many of which were fixed by the Japanese version, though.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Zeedust » Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:08 pm

Motto: "Nothing says more about us than the futures we left behind."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
CombaticonsCombine? wrote:Don't try to G1-ify things that were never meant to resemble G1 that closely.

Certain people believe everything was meant to resemble G1, or at least that everything should be.
Zeedust
City Commander
News Credits: 7
Buy from Zeedust on eBay
Alt Mode: Uncategorized techno-organic ground vehicle
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 3
Courage: 2
Skill: 3

Postby Starsaber468 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:21 pm

Motto: ""The universe deserves freedom, and I'll see that it gets it""
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Please delete this post ok
Last edited by Starsaber468 on Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Starsaber468
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3
Watch Starsaber468 on YouTube
Strength: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:18 pm

Starsaber468 wrote:I feel like a cancled/figure not being made for botcon 2016 a pre beast wars Big Convoy....
.....yes, your not the only one sad this is not gonna happen (its no longer going to happen due to unknown reasons of my behalf)
What does Big Convoy have to do with the American Beast Wars cartoon?

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Starsaber468 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:35 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
Starsaber468 wrote:I feel like a cancled/figure not being made for botcon 2016 a pre beast wars Big Convoy....
.....yes, your not the only one sad this is not gonna happen (its no longer going to happen due to unknown reasons of my behalf)

Um Sabrblade their has bern noyhing specificing whether it will be just american. Beast watd cartoon characters.... plus tfcc recongnizes itas part of the beast wars series and things
Starsaber468
Headmaster Jr

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:49 pm

Starsaber468 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Um Sabrblade their has bern noyhing specificing whether it will be just american. Beast watd cartoon characters.... plus tfcc recongnizes itas part of the beast wars series and things
Except that the anniversary isn't for the Beast Era as a whole, but for Beast Wars, the American series that ran from 1996-1999. Beast Wars Neo doesn't even take place in the same timeperiod as Beast Wars. They're literally separated several millennia apart, and I do mean that by Beast Wars's prehistoric time-traveling either.

And that pic you posted is totally fake.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Starsaber468 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:10 pm

Aorry just found its fake sorry for wasting your time
Starsaber468
Headmaster Jr

Postby Hellscream9999 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:28 pm

They look great, especially the decals, but is that Thunderwing chillin' out on the back of Bludgeon or what :lol:

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Near Final Production Samples of the TFSS 4.0: Mayhem Attack Squad

Postby Hellscream9999 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:45 pm

Fellow Seibertronians, the Transformers Collectors Club has just released near final production samples of the TFSS 4.0: Mayhem Attack Squad figures. This latest set of subscription figures was first announced at Botcon, however, the combined mode was left a mystery until Thunder Mayhem was finally revealed. But now, we get our first look at what the actual figure's will look like, you can check out the post on the Collectors' Club's Facebook page or see the image below.

So are you excited to get your figures? It won't be long now, in the mean time, don't forget to check out the rest of the TFSS figures Here

Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby TF_JW » Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:47 pm

The guns and swords can attach in a way to actually cover up the form of Thunder Mayhem's head on the back of the vehicle.

Or at least make it less intrusive.
TF_JW
Fuzor

Postby Hellscream9999 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:50 pm

TF_JW wrote:he guns and swords can attach in a way to actually cover up the form of Thunder Mayhem's head on the back of the vehicle.

Or at least make it less intrusive.

They can? That's awesome; if you can get a picture, I can amend the news post ;)

Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby TF_JW » Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:57 pm

I don't personally have hands on a sample, but no doubt more images will follow from those that do.
TF_JW
Fuzor

Postby steals_your_goats » Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:01 pm

Weapon: Twin Swords
I'm loving what I'm seeing here, so glad I ordered this set.
Delta Magnus wrote:This is because you are a hamhanded idiot.
steals_your_goats
Godmaster
News Credits: 13
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Dimetrodon
Strength: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby Hellscream9999 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:01 pm

TF_JW wrote:I don't personally have hands on a sample, but no doubt more images will follow from those that do.

Well, if you can, just post it here, and we can news it :-D

Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby Zeedust » Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:49 pm

Motto: "Nothing says more about us than the futures we left behind."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
Looking nice, although someone forgot Windsweeper's gun. (EDIT: No they didn't, it's on his back, my bad.) Looking forward to if/when they round it out with a picture of Impactor's production sample.

TF_JW wrote:I don't personally have hands on a sample, but no doubt more images will follow from those that do.

Or those who could demonstrate using Optimus Exprime's swords and Onslaught.
Last edited by Zeedust on Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zeedust
City Commander
News Credits: 7
Buy from Zeedust on eBay
Alt Mode: Uncategorized techno-organic ground vehicle
Strength: 4
Speed: 3
Courage: 2
Skill: 3

Postby Hellscream9999 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:51 pm

Nemesis Primal wrote:Looking nice, although someone forgot Windsweeper's gun. Looking forward to if/when they round it out with a picture of Impactor's production sample.

They both have they're guns, one's under a wing and the other is on top of the jet mode

Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

PreviousNext

Return to Convention and Event Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K21 SOUNDWAVE Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K21 SOUNDWAVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "G2 JAZZ Transformers Legacy Evolution Walmart Universe Autobot Hasbro 2023 New"
NEW!
G2 JAZZ Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CRANKCASE Transformers Legacy Deluxe Class Hasbro 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
CRANKCASE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WINDBLADE Transformers Legacy United Deluxe Class Cyberverse Hasbro 2024 New"
WINDBLADE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K23 PREDACON SCORPONOK Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K23 PREDACON S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TARANTULAS Transformers Legacy Deluxe Predacon Spider Hasbro 2022 New"
TARANTULAS Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-03 CHEETOR + WASPINATOR Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2024"
BWVS-03 CHEETOR + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLUDGEON Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Hasbro 2023 New"
BLUDGEON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K25 WINGFINGER Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K25 WINGFINGER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Armada HOT SHOT Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe Class Hasbro 2023 New"
Armada HOT SHOT Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETRITUS Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe Hasbro 2023 New"
DETRITUS Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JHIAXUS Transformers Legacy Voyager Class G2 Hasbro 2022 New **IN-STOCK NOW**"
JHIAXUS Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K28 GALVATRON fixed shoulders Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader 2021"
WFC-K28 GALVATRON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "POINTBLANK + PEACEMAKER Transformers Legacy Deluxe Class 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
POINTBLANK + PEACE ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Mirage Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Leader Dragonstorm Combiner" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Roadburn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Starscream Figure Action Figure" on AMAZON