This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Hasbro Press Event Coverage: First Images of Transformers: Age of Extinction Optimus Prime!

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Hasbro Press Event Coverage: First Images of Transformers: Age of Extinction Optimus Prime!

Postby Evil_the_Nub » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:53 pm

Motto: "Feel free to die when you've had enough."
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Manterax Prime wrote:Some people over on TFW2005 are speculating that this is actually the voyager class. They could be right. W/ that much kibble for no reason, I wouldn't be surprised.

That's what I'm thinking too. Things like the chest, the open slots above the elbows and knees where they swivel, the hollow smokestacks, the ton of back kibble, and the giant screw in the elbow are the kind of things you see on smaller figures.
NewFoundStarscreamLuv wrote:me and my friends combine all the time. Sometimes I even combine by myself if no one is around.
Evil_the_Nub
Gestalt
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 3
Skill: 9

Re: Hasbro Press Event Coverage: First Images of Transformers: Age of Extinction Optimus Prime!

Postby sabrigami » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:56 pm

Weapon: Semi-Automatic Rifle
Down_Shift wrote:I would like to remind everyone that Hasbro told us this was coming. Everything's being dumbed down for the kiddies. This thing is tooled specifically for young kids who want a big TF. We might get the odd cool one here and there but this is what we have to look forward to save for Generations and MPs.

Speaking of which... Hey Boss Monkey, do you know if they will be showing any new Generations ish at the show? I'm reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally interested in the new Nightbeat and I really hope it's a new mold and not the IDW Goldfire mold.

I really hope they show more generations too. Hopefully there may be some new news. I'm presonally hoping for more info about the Fan voted figure. I doubt that will happen though.

Speaking of generations, did anyone else notice that the 2014 figures (like Skids) have an eta of November at BBTS? I hope that's true. so hard to wait until next year before we get any new stuff :(
sabrigami
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 2
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Fires_Of_Inferno » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:20 pm

Motto: "Small things aren't worth being mad over."
Weapon: Venom Blaster
I doubt this is leader class scale. It just doesn't look right.
TheLocalBard! My Twitter account: https://twitter.com/TheLocalBard

Groovy
Fires_Of_Inferno
City Commander
News Credits: 19
Alt Mode: Transmetal Insect and Helicopter
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 3
Skill: 7

Postby El Duque » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:25 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Seibertron/Ryan saw the figure in person and got the price point and release info for it, it's Leader Class. Hopefully it's horribly mistransformed.
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Postby wilcosu35 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:39 pm

the truck mode is nice with the chrome, but the robot mode is horrible.
if this truly is the leader class toy with all that kibble, it's easily the worst movie leader class of them all.
i think i'll hang on to buster prime
'Met grijze worst, lekker warm, formaat afgeschoten kinderarm.
Wordt in Utrecht zeer terecht, al eeuwenlang het brood belegd'
wilcosu35
Headmaster

Postby Bounti76 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:40 pm

Weapon: Vibro-Axe
El Duque wrote:Seibertron/Ryan saw the figure in person and got the price point and release info for it, it's Leader Class. Hopefully it's horribly mistransformed.

I have no reason to doubt Ryan, so Leader Class it must be....thankfully I can pass on this one. Even if transformed properly, I can't imagine where the rear wheels/back kibble could go, and that is the most hideous part of this mold.

Is it sad that I'm looking forward to the Deluxes more? Or hopefully, they'll do Human Alliance again, and do them as well as the previous ones.
Bounti76
News Staff
News Credits: 379
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Firepower: 6

Postby Manterax Prime » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:44 pm

Motto: "You honestly believed that The Leige Maximo was Prima's other half? How foolish of you!"
Well, I've seen people point out details that would point to it being the Voyager, most notably the elbows and the open gaps at the swivel joints.

Then again, could be wrong. We won't know for sure until we get a size comparison.
INFINITY! PLEASE!
Hi-Sui-Fu-Do! Bo-Zaba-Byu-Dogon!
Manterax Prime
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 3
Watch Manterax Prime on YouTube
Buy from Manterax Prime on eBay
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby PRIME Customs » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:55 pm

Usually for me all my Transformers figures I would display them in robot mode however as for this one which I think I wouldn't purchase I would just leave it in Alt mode which looks way better. Its a pity how they messed him up trying to make improvements. That large crap hanging on his back looks like a turtle shell. And his smoke stacks looks like if he was some sort of robot angel . Looks like wings. Wheels before was tucked almost hidden , now there all hanging behind his back. WHAT THE he... this designer was thinking about!!!!! The movie may become a hit but NOT this toy.
PRIME Customs
Mini-Con

Postby lbullock7 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:10 pm

Motto: "To Punish And Enslave."
Weapon: Energy Blades
So much blue!!! There's hardly any red to him anymore. Last time I checked Optimus was a lot more red than blue, whats up with that? But the vehicle mode looks pretty good the robot mode on the other hand eh....... I thought this was a voyager too when I first saw this thing. Love the chrome!
lbullock7
Mini-Con
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 10+

Postby The Variable » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:18 pm

Weapon: Energo-Sword
His general body design is reminding me a bit of Sentinel Prime, actually. That, combined with the sword and general regal look, he's got this Knight of Cybertron thing going. If so, he better use that sword a lot in his fights! :D

I'll hold judgement until we get better in-hand images, as kibble and overall transformation are sometimes inaccurate when it comes to these toy displays. But he IS looking rather shellformer-ish.
I'm open for personal art commissions! Go here: http://variable-edge.deviantart.com
The Variable
Minibot
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 4
Courage: 6
Firepower: 1

Postby El Duque » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:19 pm

Here ya go kids, it's either a Leader or a HUGE Voyager:

El Duque
Matrix Keeper

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:25 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
I don't like it.

Also, what's this people keep saying about a fake chest? There aren't any window on this chest, so what's fake about it?
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 439
Courage: 8

Postby Manterax Prime » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:30 pm

Motto: "You honestly believed that The Leige Maximo was Prima's other half? How foolish of you!"
I'd rather see it next to ROTF Leader Prime.

Plus, wasn't Skyhammer big for a Voyager? I bet even Seaspray was bigger than some movie voyager Primes.
Also, Voyager class Ratchet was nearly as big as a leader figure.
Last edited by Manterax Prime on Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
INFINITY! PLEASE!
Manterax Prime
Transmetal Warrior

Postby Kibble » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:30 pm

Motto: "Life is like a triple-X choose your own adventure..."
Weapon: No Weapon
Wow! But not a good wow... They found a way to 'top' the DOTM figs...in crummyness. Looks like a Trans-scanning figure...ya know, those skeleton figures that parts attach to. Looks like 3rd Party might venture into the movie arena after all.

edit: although here's a little more flattering photo:
http://adam16bit.tumblr.com/post/636213 ... ie-optimus

But still...meh.
Kibble
City Commander

Postby Burn » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:54 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
Kibble wrote:Wow! But not a good wow... They found a way to 'top' the DOTM figs...in crummyness. Looks like a Trans-scanning figure...ya know, those skeleton figures that parts attach to. Looks like 3rd Party might venture into the movie arena after all.

edit: although here's a little more flattering photo:
http://adam16bit.tumblr.com/post/636213 ... ie-optimus

But still...meh.

The red instead of the yellow on the shield/gun thing is a definite improvement, and it looks like Hasbro's is, as many suspected, mistransformed ... but ... if that's what is going to be passing for Leader class these days, then I'm going back to my G1 bricks.
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby optimuscarlos » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:59 pm

Motto: "A custom toy is not a toy, is art"
Weapon: Dual Photon Launchers
This is what keeps me buying Macross and Third Party, these days.
optimuscarlos
Micromaster
Strength: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby noctorro » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:03 pm

So early, so much spoilers.

Not to big on the kibble. But will get the whole on-screen line as usual.
No matter how they are. Will wait what other figures look like with simpler transformations.
I for one don't mind.
http://www.plasticpolygon.com
I 3d design and print! Check out my instagram http://www.instagram.com/plasticpolygon3d for some Transformers weapons if you're interested. The War for Cybertron standard machine gun is ready as well as the Armada Optimus gun (smaller) and a Robotech Gunpod.
noctorro
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:06 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
El Duque wrote:Image
Why, hello there, Ben Yee. ;)
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 439

Postby MINDVVIPE » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:06 pm

Motto: "One look from me and you've lost"
Weapon: Black Magic
optimuscarlos wrote:This is what keeps me buying Macross and Third Party, these days.

Agreed. That new 3rd party prime that looks like the IDW prime is freaking AWESOME, all blocky and badass. Who even cares about this garbage when the 3rd party guys are offering up the better stuff. This is crap, and wow am I tired of the movie aesthetic on prime. ROTF reached its peak in movie aesthetics.
THE POWERS OF DARKNESS ARE A MORE POWERFUL WEAPON THAN ALL THE TOYS YOUR SCIENCE CAN MUSTER

Die, Autobots!
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt
Strength: ???
Intelligence: 10+
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Postby El Duque » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:17 pm

MINDVVIPE wrote:
optimuscarlos wrote:This is what keeps me buying Macross and Third Party, these days.

Agreed. That new 3rd party prime that looks like the IDW prime is freaking AWESOME, all blocky and badass. Who even cares about this garbage when the 3rd party guys are offering up the better stuff. This is crap, and wow am I tired of the movie aesthetic on prime. ROTF reached its peak in movie aesthetics.

El Duque
Matrix Keeper

Postby Spleenzorio » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:14 am

Motto: "I must be a doctor because I'm surrounded by scrubs"
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
ArmadaPrime wrote:ridiculous back/shoulder kibble notwithstanding, I'm actually really quite liking this design
then again i think it's pretty clearly mistransformed i mean from what i can tell the shoulders dont even line up with each other

Hasbro transform figures properly?

Spleenzorio
Fuzor
News Credits: 1
Watch Spleenzorio on YouTube
Buy from Spleenzorio on eBay

Postby Manterax Prime » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:45 am

Just an update for those not following over on TFW, it seems the story is that this figure is part of the Generations line as a "preview figure".
INFINITY! PLEASE!
Manterax Prime
Transmetal Warrior

Postby Autobot032 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:53 am

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Thanks to Hasbro, we now have an official press release with new pictures, one of a correctly transformed robot mode, included. It should be noted that the figure on hand at NYCC has yellow deco on the accessories and the official pictures show red decos on said accessories. Chances are, final colors have not been determined and may change on the final production figure. Also of note, and this is the biggest piece of this newest info, is that he will be released in the Generations line. It's unknown what this means for the Age Of Extinction toyline.

TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS OPTIMUS PRIME Leader Scale Figure
(Ages: 4 & up /Approx. Retail Price: $44.99/Available: May 2014)
The Leader Scale OPTIMUS PRIME figure from Hasbro is part of the TRANSFORMERS brand’s popular GENERATIONS action figure line and is inspired by the upcoming TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION movie from Paramount Pictures. This impressive figure is the first to be revealed from the highly anticipated 2014 TRANSFORMERS line. This extraordinary OPTIMUS PRIME figure features an all new deco, converts from robot to vehicle and is styled in the character’s new look as he will appear in TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION. Additional features and accessories including an impressive new sword and shield let fans relive the action of the blockbuster movie series. The TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS OPTIMUS PRIME LEADER SCALE FIGURE will become available at major retailers beginning in May, 2014 in advance of TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION coming to theaters on June 27, 2014.

What do you think of the new Optimus? Will you be buying? Join the discussion and let us know what you think!

Keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest in news and updates, plus the best galleries around!
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby njb902 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:12 am

That does look better.
njb902
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby gavinfuzzy » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:15 am

Motto: "Secrets are the foundations of success"
Weapon: Sub-Machine Gun
InB4 a better mold. If its the only prime there is, I'm sure it will sell. But if there is a voyager or deluxe, this thing's gonna shelfwarm forever.

Though I'll probably pick it up on clearence. Might look better in hand. (I'm someone who actually likes DOTM Voyager prime.)
Add me as a friend on facebook ---> http://www.facebook.com/gavinlimkj
gavinfuzzy
Godmaster
News Credits: 10
Watch gavinfuzzy on YouTube
Strength: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Skill: 7

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr A Dynamite Comics 2024 FEB240188 3A (CA) Nakayama (W) Shalvey"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr Y 1:75 VIRGIN Dynamite Comics DEC230228 1Y (CA) Tao"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe MASTERVERSE #1 Cvr B Dark Horse Comics DEC220422 1B MOTU Jones"
Masters Universe M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr R 1:25 foil Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240122 2R (CA) Shalvey"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr P 1:20 Line Art Dynamite Comics 2024 FEB240203 3P Lee + Chung"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr R 1:15 LINE ART Dynamite Comics DEC230221 1R (CA) Parrillo"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ZE 1:15 Foil Virgin Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN249147 3ZE Tao"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr T 1:30 virgin Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240124 2T Lee + Chung"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr B Dynamite Comics 2024 FEB240189 3B (CA) Parrillo (W) Shalvey"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr S 1:25 virgin Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240123 2S (CA) Parrillo"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ZH FOC 1:10 VIRGIN Dynamite Comics DEC237144 1ZH (CA) Liefeld"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe FORGE DESTINY #1 Cvr A Dark Horse Comics JUL231102 1A (CA)Nunez"
Masters Universe F ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe FORGE DESTINY #2 Cvr C Dark Horse Comics AUG231236 2C Hardman"
Masters Universe F ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ZJ foil trade dress Dynamite Comics JAN247412 1ZJ Shalvey"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #349 - Agent of Chaos
Twincast / Podcast #349:
"Agent of Chaos"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, May 4th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Blitzwing and Decepticon Hazard" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Wheeljack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Brawn" on AMAZON