This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Voice Actor Michael McConnohie Participating in Los Angeles County Walk to Defeat ALS

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Voice Actor Michael McConnohie Participating in Los Angeles County Walk to Defeat ALS

Postby El Duque » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:12 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Our friend and voice actor Michael McConnohie (the voice to G1 Tracks and Cosmos, RID Hotshot and Ironhide) dropped by to let us know he will be participating in the Los Angeles County Walk to Defeat ALS. ALS aka Lou Gehrig's Disease is a progressive, fatal disease that can strike anyone. Victims lose the ability to walk, to swallow, and eventually to breathe. At this point there is no cure. Donations go to research, but more importantly to direct care for ALS victims. Annual cost for someone fighting for their life can be over $200,000. Click here to visit Michael's donation page.

Hi--

Thanks for stopping by and helping me honor my good and brave friend Bob Deyan.

Bob was diagnosed with ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease) earlier this year, and has been nothing short of awesome -- I'm literally in awe of his strength in battling this horrible disease.

I've known Bob and his beautiful other half Debra for almost 25 years, and their willingly-shared humor and love through the years has always been a gift to me. Now I'd like to try and give something in return.

In his name, I'm trying to fight ALS by raising funds for treatment and research. On October 20, 2013 I'll be participating in the L.A. County Walk to Defeat ALSĀ®. Essentially, we're walking for those who can no longer walk themselves.

Please consider walking with me or sponsoring me. With a little help, we can make a difference in the lives of people affected by this disease. It would be great if you could get your friends, family, neighbors and coworkers involved!

Why We Need Your Help

Lou Gehrig's Disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, is a progressive, fatal neuromuscular condition. It does not get better. The brain stops being able to communicate with the rest of the body. This means people with ALS lose the ability to walk, to speak -- to swallow and to breathe. The life expectancy of an ALS patient averages 2 to 5 years from the time of diagnosis.

Every 90 minutes a person in this country is diagnosed with ALS and every 90 minutes another person will lose their battle against this disease. ALS occurs throughout the world with no racial, ethnic, or socioeconomic boundaries.

ALS can strike anyone. After all this time the cause of the disease is still not known, though support is bringing researchers closer to an answer. But in the meantime it costs an average of $200,000 a year to provide the care ALS patients need. Please help make a difference in their lives, and donate or join a walk today.

I'll be grateful for anything you can do, and I know Bob and Debra will too. I'd love to see your name in the honor roll at the right.

Peace, and thanks.
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Re: Voice Actor Michael McConnohie Participating in Los Angeles County Walk to Defeat ALS

Postby VioMeTriX » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:05 pm

Motto: "Be Quick or Be Dead"
Weapon: Light-Saber Sword
good cause... too bad i am on the wrong coast

*I cry everytime I watch "Code of Hero"...
VioMeTriX
Targetmaster
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 3
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10
Skill: 8

Re: Voice Actor Michael McConnohie Participating in Los Angeles County Walk to Defeat ALS

Postby morphobots » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:26 pm

Not to gripe (well, ok, yes, it is), but Michael has a modest goal of $1500 for the walk and has received only $360, counting my little contribution. Folks, considering what we shell out for this hobby, ten or five bucks here and there isn't asking much. Watching people waste away from this disease in a slow-motion death is horrifying. Let's help out.
morphobots
Targetmaster

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 0823IM476 5A (CA) De Felici (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #5 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 6th ptg Image Comics 2024 0124IM897 (CA) Lullabi (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #2 6th ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #3 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 3A 0124IM238 (CA) Milana + Leoni"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #3 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE SNAKE EYES DEADGAME #2 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 JUN200578 2B (A/CA) Liefeld"
GI JOE SNAKE EYES ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #302 2nd ptg Image Comics 2024 1123IM895 (CA) Earls"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE SNAKE EYES DEADGAME #5 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 SEP200475 5B (A/CA) Liefeld"
GI JOE SNAKE EYES ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE SNAKE EYES DEADGAME #3 Cvr A IDW Comics 2020 JUL200572 3A (A/CA) Liefeld"
GI JOE SNAKE EYES ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #4 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 0723IM407 4B (CA) Diberkato (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #4 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Saturday Morning Adv #2 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 JAN220460 2B (CA) Lattie"
GI JOE Saturday Mo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE ORIGINS #7 RI 1:10 virgin var IDW Comics 2009 7RI (CA) Feister (W) Dixon"
GI JOE ORIGINS #7 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #2 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 2B 1223IM260 (CA) Ortiz"
COBRA COMMANDER #2 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #1 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 1A 0623IM807 (CA) Milana + Leoni"
COBRA COMMANDER #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE #10 Cvr A IDW Comics 2020 APR200704 10A (CA) Evenhuis (A)Walter (W) Allor"
GI JOE #10 Cvr A I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #2 2nd ptg Cvr A Duke Image Comics 2023 1023IM897 (CA) Howard"
TRANSFORMERS #2 2n ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Mirage Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Trailbreaker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Sky Lynx" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Trypticon Figure" on AMAZON