This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Hasbro Transformers Team Jerry Jivoin and Joshua Lamb Interview

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Hasbro Transformers Team Jerry Jivoin and Joshua Lamb Interview

Postby El Duque » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:15 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
BWTF was lucky enough to score an interview with Hasbro's Jerry Jivoin and Joshua Lamb over the weekend during Toy Fair. They discuss their current trend of providing simplified figures for the younger audience while retaining a more complex line for collectors, bringing the iconic Dinobots into the movie franchise, and they also touch on the recent rumor that the Transformers Generations Legends figures, which includes Cosmos, Swerve, and Tailgate, would not see a domestic retail release. The full interview can be found by clicking here.

Spinning off that question, because I don't think my readers will forgive me if I don't ask this, Swerve, Cosmos, Tailgate, Skrapnel - we're getting that right? My understanding is that they were underordered originally but more are being made...

JJ: They were underordered, we're going to make sure there are more releases. We've already informed our U.S. Sales team about that. As we do more orders, we'll make sure the waves that come out...that the mix within the case pack will include those characters along with the new characters in the waves three and four so that all those characters get out there in a healthy supply.
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Re: Hasbro Transformers Team Jerry Jivoin and Joshua Lamb Interview

Postby It Is Him » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:44 pm

Thank you for front paging the news about these characters one more time. After last weeks false rumor submission, I'm happy to see Hasbro being forthright about this issue. Hopefully we can get the word out that everyone still has a reasonable shot at these characters.
Come join us at THE PUPPY THREAD

BeastProwl wrote:What the **** is wrong with you?
It Is Him
City Commander
News Credits: 16

Postby Mindmaster » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:48 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Woot! Shrapnel and Cosmos will be mine, once they're released. :grin:

As cool (and hilarious) as Swerve is, I don't have any personal connection to the character. I'll wait for Gears to come out.
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby Primeultimus » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:47 pm

Motto: "All Your Protos Are Belong To Us!"
Weapon: Electro-Disruptor
It Is Him wrote:Thank you for front paging the news about these characters one more time. After last weeks false rumor submission, I'm happy to see Hasbro being forthright about this issue. Hopefully we can get the word out that everyone still has a reasonable shot at these characters.

Normal Retailers have no plans on carrying the Transformers Generations Legends Line. I have now backed up with proof from the 2 largest Retailers Walmart and Target. Perhaps they will show at online retailers , or at specialty toy stores. Maybe they will show up this Fall. Keep in mind in the interview they said they were under ordered. I originally posted they were not active at retailers Walmart , Target , Kmart , BBTS and others. They are not on order or active and that is true.

Hard Evidence

Floor plan / Planogram from Walmart Spring 2014 submitted just today 2-19-14. Transformers Generations Legends are absent.

Also they are now on Clearance at Target please see the receipt to match the DCPI to the Transformers Generations Legends SKU. None on order listed as NON Active at Target. 0 In distribution center total in my region.

Receipt from Today At Target for Transformers Generations Legends on Clearance (They were previously on clearance at Walmart)

List of Target DCPI can be found here:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transform ... stock.html

Not trying to stir up trouble just trying to be informative. These figures are not for sale currently in the USA and have no active orders at major retailers. Asian retailers also have none on order past what has already shipped.
Primeultimus
Pretender
News Credits: 62
Watch Primeultimus on YouTube
Strength: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby Bounti76 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:21 am

Weapon: Vibro-Axe
Primeultimus wrote:Not trying to stir up trouble just trying to be informative. These figures are not for sale currently in the USA and have no active orders at major retailers. Asian retailers also have none on order past what has already shipped.

Maybe they don't have them ordered at the moment, but Hasbro went to the trouble of showing them at Toy Fair, two Hasbro reps in the story said they are coming out and will be in the mix, so that says more to me than your continued, repeated insistence does.

You say you're not trying to stir up trouble, but you seem awfully determined for everyone to see things your way and to dash everyone's hopes about seeing these. If you were trying to be informative, you wouldn't put all this "information" you've gathered out there until someone asks to see it, or responds to your simple statement that you've researched it and don't think these will see release. If they come out (and I believe they will), you'll have a lot of backtracking to do, and if they don't, you'll be all over saying how right you were and why didn't anyone listen. Saying something once is informing. Saying something multiple times across multiple threads, with so much un-asked-for information is a plea for attention.

Whew....back on track. I'm excited to see Cosmos in an updated form from Hasbro. Only three toys in 30 years....does this mean we'll see another Cosmos in 2024? I'll pick up Swerve, because I had him as a kid. Tailgate and Gears, maybe, though Gears' face looks a little too Brawn-ish.
Bounti76
News Staff
News Credits: 379
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Postby Primeultimus » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:34 am

Bounti76 wrote:
Primeultimus wrote:Not trying to stir up trouble just trying to be informative. These figures are not for sale currently in the USA and have no active orders at major retailers. Asian retailers also have none on order past what has already shipped.

Maybe they don't have them ordered at the moment, but Hasbro went to the trouble of showing them at Toy Fair, two Hasbro reps in the story said they are coming out and will be in the mix, so that says more to me than your continued, repeated insistence does.

You say you're not trying to stir up trouble, but you seem awfully determined for everyone to see things your way and to dash everyone's hopes about seeing these. If you were trying to be informative, you wouldn't put all this "information" you've gathered out there until someone asks to see it, or responds to your simple statement that you've researched it and don't think these will see release. If they come out (and I believe they will), you'll have a lot of backtracking to do, and if they don't, you'll be all over saying how right you were and why didn't anyone listen. Saying something once is informing. Saying something multiple times across multiple threads, with so much un-asked-for information is a plea for attention.

Whew....back on track. I'm excited to see Cosmos in an updated form from Hasbro. Only three toys in 30 years....does this mean we'll see another Cosmos in 2024? I'll pick up Swerve, because I had him as a kid. Tailgate and Gears, maybe, though Gears' face looks a little too Brawn-ish.

Why is everyone in denial? Just because Hasbro keeps repeating something about them coming out (With no solid date or release channel) does not make it true. What happened to the original October 2013 release? Retailers do not have these on order. I am standing by that and I have posted proof. Hasbro has said many things and gone around and done others. Sometimes things are out of their hands. Fans should consider that sometimes they are at the mercy of the retailers. And if retailers do not want to order their product then they need to find other channels. (In the case of Reveal The Shield Discount Retail)

Many people are trying to discredit what I posted last week. I am posting hard facts to back up what I have found out.

I am a serious / hardcore collector and I gather my information from rock solid sources. I ask that you respect the work I have put into this as it has taken me much time and effort to procure.
Primeultimus
Pretender

Postby Primeultimus » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:45 am

Also I would like to say if anyone wants these to come out it is me. I am obsessed with the Generations Legends line and it is the line that got me most excited when I saw Tailgate , Cosmos , Swerve , and Shrapnel between SDCC and Botcon. I had literally planned my Birthday purchase to be Swerve and Cosmos. Fast Forward to 2014 and Reps are saying they are going to skip those waves and put them in future assortments. I look forward to them and the sooner they can get them out somewhere to purchase at retail the better. They are great figures from what I can tell from what I have seen in the Galleries. My hope is they find a home soon and future waves like Gnaw , Nemesis Prime , Brawn , and Cliffjumper see the light of day.
Primeultimus
Pretender

Postby It Is Him » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:12 am

Mindmaster wrote:Woot! Shrapnel and Cosmos will be mine, once they're released. :grin:

As cool (and hilarious) as Swerve is, I don't have any personal connection to the character. I'll wait for Gears to come out.

Ideally they'll all be in one wave, but I imagine due to cost it'll be more like two.
Come join us at THE PUPPY THREAD

BeastProwl wrote:What the **** is wrong with you?
It Is Him
City Commander
News Credits: 16

Postby Primeultimus » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:17 am

At this point if Hasbro were smart they would release them under this case ratio

2 X Cosmos
2 X Swerve
2 X Tailgate
2 X Shrapnel

Then a revision case / future wave

2 X Gears
2 X Acid Storm
1 Tailgate
1 Swerve
1 Cosmos
1 Shrapnel

This is a likely scenario at this point.
Primeultimus
Pretender

Postby T-Macksimus » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:05 am

Primeultimus wrote:
Bounti76 wrote:

Why is everyone in denial? Just because Hasbro keeps repeating something about them coming out (With no solid date or release channel) does not make it true. What happened to the original October 2013 release? Retailers do not have these on order. I am standing by that and I have posted proof. Hasbro has said many things and gone around and done others. Sometimes things are out of their hands. Fans should consider that sometimes they are at the mercy of the retailers. And if retailers do not want to order their product then they need to find other channels. (In the case of Reveal The Shield Discount Retail)

Many people are trying to discredit what I posted last week. I am posting hard facts to back up what I have found out.

I am a serious / hardcore collector and I gather my information from rock solid sources. I ask that you respect the work I have put into this as it has taken me much time and effort to procure.

It's not that we are in denial or don't respect your research and efforts but, and Primus knows that I am one of the more(most) loud-mouthed, outspoken cynics and all around general ***holes on this site and speak badly of ALL retailers and Hasbro... but that is the info you have for your particular store and despite that they are major corporations and SHOULD have all their stores on the same page, the simple fact is that they DON'T. You cannot lay your evidence down as hard fact that this is a blanket cancellation for ALL stores and yet that is what you are doing.
Like you, I am practically obsessed with the Generation Legends figures myself and want these as just as badly as you do, and as much as my area is getting crappy distribution of all the Transformers case packs right, the one thing I have noticed about the stores in my area (and I have a boat-load of Targets and Wal-Marts to choose from) is inconsistency for ALL their stock. And that's for BOTH retailers.

Please don't get me wrong, I'm totally not expecting any of the Generations Legends figures to see the light of day myself and am pissed off that my general cynicism actually has some foundation behind it but it is not cynicism based entirely off the same findings as what you have. Each individual store is responsible for how the stock comes in and that varies depending on the size and location of the stores. I've had family working in Target for 25 years now, I know Targets methods inside and out and I've spoken to the general managers at 3 different Wal-Marts in my area about this same thing as well as Hasbro that were at one of the Target stores in my area the morning the movie toys were released back in '07.

So yes, we are going to get screwed but not all of us and not on the scope that you are pushing or for the exact reason you are bringing across. That's the only reason that folks are harping on ya. Not that you are wrong, because honestly you aren't wrong but because you are just misled about the scope of things and trying to push it as fact for everyone. I'll be right there with you complaining about the fact that Hasbro promised us one thing and our stores aren't helping them deliver that promise and Hasbro isn't pushing the retailers hard enough.
"That which does not kill me...had better run pretty damn fast!"
T-Macksimus
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby fenrir72 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:19 am

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Read your previous post Primeultimus. Hopefully all this will be fixed as soon as possible and hope this won't come to pass.

Btw, on my neck of the woods in SEA TRU, I did find a Swerve fig.
But I did notice one disturbing trend though and hopefully not related to your expose. After MP Wheeljack and in some limited capacity, TF Go! Optimus ExPrime, there is like ZILCH solicitation for any future TF products for the Japanese market in online stores. Is that in preparation for AOE toyline? I hope this will be just a temporary delay. 'cause I'm looking forward for the Japanese versions of these Legends and Voyager figures like Whirl and Roadbuster.
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Rated X » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:20 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Sucks for people who jumped on e-bay and spent over 60 bucks plus shipping on a Cosmos. Bet they learned a lesson. :-?
Rated X
Banned
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Skill: 8

Postby shockblast2 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:59 pm

Weapon: Energon Crossbow
Primeultimus wrote:
It Is Him wrote:Thank you for front paging the news about these characters one more time. After last weeks false rumor submission, I'm happy to see Hasbro being forthright about this issue. Hopefully we can get the word out that everyone still has a reasonable shot at these characters.

Normal Retailers have no plans on carrying the Transformers Generations Legends Line. I have now backed up with proof from the 2 largest Retailers Walmart and Target. Perhaps they will show at online retailers , or at specialty toy stores. Maybe they will show up this Fall. Keep in mind in the interview they said they were under ordered. I originally posted they were not active at retailers Walmart , Target , Kmart , BBTS and others. They are not on order or active and that is true.

Hard Evidence

Floor plan / Planogram from Walmart Spring 2014 submitted just today 2-19-14. Transformers Generations Legends are absent.

Also they are now on Clearance at Target please see the receipt to match the DCPI to the Transformers Generations Legends SKU. None on order listed as NON Active at Target. 0 In distribution center total in my region.

Receipt from Today At Target for Transformers Generations Legends on Clearance (They were previously on clearance at Walmart)

List of Target DCPI can be found here:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transform ... stock.html

Not trying to stir up trouble just trying to be informative. These figures are not for sale currently in the USA and have no active orders at major retailers. Asian retailers also have none on order past what has already shipped.

Yes, and that is going to make it difficult for some to get these. Kinda like RTS Windcharger.

I'm not mad at you over the story. I know some blew a gasket over the weekend as I saw in the post that was shut down. Just know you have at least one that thought you did the right thing and those who threw a fit need to get a life.
Anti-Nerdrage Coalition President
"I am not just the founder, but also its first client"

shockblast2
Transmetal Warrior

Postby skidflap » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:12 pm

Motto: ""Don't look at me; nothing on this planet makes sense. Hot dog, but it's not a pet!""
Weapon: Railgun
nice to see that they are not out of the loop. I kinda started to like swerve after reading the waiting game. (also means I don't have to shell out for the 3rd party version)

in regard to the conversation above, the store usually tends to stock what the manager wants on. For example down here in los angeles, i have four targets near me and each one has a different stocking pattern for their transformers section. here's the breakdown,

target 1 only has predacons rising figures and rescue bots

target 2 has generations, beast hunters, predacons rising, kre-o microchangers construct-a-bots and rescue bots (complete with bagged mini figures.)

target 3 has a similar assortment to target 2, minus construct-a-bots

target 4 carries just beast hunters deluxe.

my point is that one can not say that a line is cancelled just because one store stocks it while the other does not. if i had thought that, i would have never found generation figures.

in conclusion, i look forward to the new figures, now i can have a swerve and a gears too. :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
"The Lord created the fart and added a smell so the deaf could enjoy" - Redd Foxx.
skidflap
Minibot
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10
Courage: 8
Skill: 10

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #1 5th ptg Image Comics 2023 1023IM892 (CA) Lindsay (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #1 5th ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #4 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 4B 0224IM256 (CA) Bressan + Lucas"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #4 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ptg Cvr E Rage Image Comics 2023 1123IM812 (CA) Howard"
VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #1 3rd ptg Image Comics 2023 JUN238040 (CA) Barry + Spicer"
VOID RIVALS #1 3rd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #304 Cvr A Image Comics 1223IM280 304A (CA) Kubert"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #298 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 JUL221613 298B (CA)Sullivan"
NEW!
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #1 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 1A 0623IM807 (CA) Milana + Leoni"
COBRA COMMANDER #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #3 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2024 3E 0124IM242 (CA) Kerschl"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #3 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Saturday Morning Adv #2 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 JAN220459 2A (CA) Schoening"
GI JOE Saturday Mo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE ORDER OF BATTLE #1 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Hama 231208Y"
GI JOE ORDER OF BA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #4 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 4D GI JOE 0124IM250 (CA) Clarke (W) Williamson"
NEW!
DUKE #4 Cvr D 1:25 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #3 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 3A GI JOE 1223IM271 (A/CA) Reilly (W) WIlliamson"
DUKE #3 Cvr A Imag ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #298 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 JUL221612 298A (CA)Gallant"
NEW!
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #8 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2024 0224IM324 8E (CA) Reis (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #8 Cvr ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Grimlock Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Tra Rid Warrior Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Krok and Gatorface" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Armada Megatron Figure" on AMAZON