This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Earns $121 Million Worldwide

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Transformers Earns $121 Million Worldwide

Postby Hotrod » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:48 pm

The Transformers Movie is continuing to cash in at the box office. After setting box office records for the Fourth of July, Box Office Mojo has reported that the film has already taken in $121,156,989 world wide and the film has not even made it to it's first weekend in the United States. This means the film should earn more the the $150 million it cost to make. You can get all the latest Transformers Movie news in the Seibertron.com Transformers Movie Section.
Hotrod
City Commander
News Credits: 2024

Postby Flashwave » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:57 pm

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
Tht's/... A lot of cash

We seem to just keep rolling out the news, don't we
Flashwave
City Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Supreme Convoy » Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:00 pm

Hot damn, that's sweet!
Supreme Convoy
Gestalt
News Credits: 34

Postby D-340 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:03 pm

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: HELLS YEAH :grin: ;)^

"Consider the knowledge dropped."
From ToplessRobot.com:• "Watching Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen is marginally better than sh***ing your pants, but it takes a lot longer." Very well put.
D-340
Headmaster
News Credits: 1

Postby Collector Maximus » Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:07 pm

Go Transformers Go!

Seibertron's #1 Cure fan!
Collector Maximus
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3

Postby First-Aid » Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:13 pm

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
"This means the film should make the $150 million it coast..."

Ummm...SHOULD? SHOULD? Congratulations! You just won the Understatement of the Year award! Past winners include the French government ("We surrender", multiple winner), Captain James Johnson from Pearl Harbor, HA ("I think those are Japanese planes", award given in absentia), and the crew of Apollo 13 ("Houston we have a problem"- trademark pending).

Ladies and gentleman, I do believe we have a smash hit on our hands...this movie is going to put every other movie this summer to shame completely. I'd wager on it even beating out Harry Potter...
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.

Its kind of like Basic Instinct, but not in a good way...

Goddammit, now I can't unsee it.
First-Aid
Faction Commander
News Credits: 2
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 2
Skill: 10+

Postby Grimshock » Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:13 pm

Actually, this is too bad. It means they'll never listen to our desires for future movies. They disregarded us with this one and there are no consequences.
Grimshock
Minibot

Postby Autobot032 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:20 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
I sure hope it at leasts breaks even...although I'm surprised...the toys are not selling as well as I thought they would. In fact, they're starting to clog shelves and then some.

I admit everyone was right about them being available in abundance, and that I was impatient about finding them all, but...this is ridiculous.

June 2nd, I couldn't find more than one Scorponok and Wreckage each. (I didn't care about Wreckage then...) and now, I see Scorp and Wreckage all over the place, but we're inundated with Brawl and Bonecrusher. Even Swindle is starting to sell better than they are.

Not the way I expected things to go. Perhaps I was far too optimistic.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby Sunstar » Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:21 pm

Motto: "All hail Lord Starscream"
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
I haven't seen it...
"We, Decepticons, are a swell bunch. And boy do we have fun." - Starscream
"You're one of...those, Never understood why any self respecting Decepticon would choose auto-mobile as his vehicle mode when he could have flight." - Starscream
"For a guy hearing voices of the dead, you've got a pretty insensitive view of Mental Health" - Bumblebee
Starscream's Shrine ~ Fan Art ~Collection~Sunstar's Discord - join today!
Sunstar
Gestalt
News Credits: 38
Alt Mode: Tetra Jet
Strength: 8
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Courage: 7

Postby D-340 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:33 pm

Grimshock wrote:Actually, this is too bad. It means they'll never listen to our desires for future movies. They disregarded us with this one and there are no consequences.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Thanks, that made me laugh.

"Consider the knowledge dropped."
From ToplessRobot.com:• "Watching Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen is marginally better than sh***ing your pants, but it takes a lot longer." Very well put.
D-340
Headmaster

Postby Robinson » Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:34 pm

And people said it would flop.

As far as the movie toys go, anywhere I go I cant find any of the core characters, so they are selling and selling good.
Robinson
Gestalt
News Credits: 11

Postby opjet » Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:35 pm

come on half a billion yeah moter fecking
ha
opjet
Micromaster

Postby blkbitcloud1 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:40 pm

Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
Autobot032 wrote:I sure hope it at leasts breaks even...although I'm surprised...the toys are not selling as well as I thought they would. In fact, they're starting to clog shelves and then some.

I admit everyone was right about them being available in abundance, and that I was impatient about finding them all, but...this is ridiculous.

June 2nd, I couldn't find more than one Scorponok and Wreckage each. (I didn't care about Wreckage then...) and now, I see Scorp and Wreckage all over the place, but we're inundated with Brawl and Bonecrusher. Even Swindle is starting to sell better than they are.

Not the way I expected things to go. Perhaps I was far too optimistic.

Hi, Im new here and this is my first post but the toys are selling very well here in upstate NY! Only a few shelf warmers here and Im still trying to find the Walmart 2 pack with Bumble and Barcarde.

blkbitcloud1
blkbitcloud1
Fuzor
Buy from blkbitcloud1 on eBay

Postby Danish-Liokaiser » Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:44 pm

Okay, lets all go see it again :grin: !!! More money to Dreamworks and woot ever is behind all this :-P
Danish-Liokaiser
Transmetal Warrior

Postby Liege Evilmus » Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:02 pm

Ad about $150 to that, my plans for this weekend are taking 3 seperate groups of friends to see just how awesome TFs are(and maybe get alittle something-something to boot)

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 8

Postby Darth Bombshell » Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:10 pm

Motto: "Insanity is a state of mind, and I have a home there."
Weapon: Cerebro-Shell Launcher
Add thirty bucks to that, as me and my mom went to see it today, and I'll be going to see it again tomorrow.

Oh, and haters, you want some "shut-the-hell-up" juice to go with that crow? :grin:
Darth Bombshell
Gestalt
News Credits: 487
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby YouFearGalvatron » Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:22 pm

I think when all is told, the film will pull in $400-500 million worldwide.

Hey! Just because I did not love it does not mean everyone else won't. I know it will do very well, and the sequels are a guarantee at this point.
YouFearGalvatron

Postby bobpiecheese » Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:49 pm

Darth Bombshell wrote:Add thirty bucks to that, as me and my mom went to see it today, and I'll be going to see it again tomorrow.

Oh, and haters, you want some "shut-the-hell-up" juice to go with that crow? :grin:

I'l go and see it on Monday, so you can add whatever price I'll have to pay.

And what's with the crow? I haven't heard of that expression. I thought they would've had a hore :grin:.
bobpiecheese
Micromaster

Postby Valandar » Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:38 pm

Motto: "It doesn't matter if the glass is half full or half empty, only that you work to make it full."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
"Eating crow" = being forced to admit you were wrong when you make an absolute statement, like "Transformers movie will SUXXOR, kthxbai"

Me, I always said I hated the look of the movie characters. I still do. So what? The movie was still a lot of fun.
Valandar
Gestalt
Strength: 6
Speed: 10
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 9

Postby Nemesis Cyberplex » Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:53 pm

Grimshock wrote:Actually, this is too bad. It means they'll never listen to our desires for future movies. They disregarded us with this one and there are no consequences.
On the other hand, this could be the start of Hasbro stepping up & saying, "Ok, we know know that this is going to be a big hit....& since we know the next one is pretty much in the bag, we'd like to have a few changes made to some of the existing characters to be more representative of traditional TF designs, such as Starscream not looking like a gorilla with chicken legs...that way the movie would not only be a big hit with your precious non-fans but also those that grew up with the orignial designs & those of us here at Hasbro that want Starscream to not look like a gorilla with chicken legs."

Disclaimer: The part about hasbro not liking Starscream's design I got from a recent interview with Bay where he said they had a "big f***ing problem" with Starscream's design.
Nemesis Cyberplex
Headmaster

Postby stocky » Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:58 pm

I agree with Valandar. It took me some time to get used to the look of things, but once I got past it, I just hoped for a good movie. And while it wasn't the best movie I've ever seen, I didn't go into it thinking it would be. But it was a good start, and it truly was great to see the Transformers on the big screen. I will, however, have MUCH higher expectations for any sequels that are coming -- more robots, more transforming, less panning and zooming, and a much better story -- one that is based more on the Transformers war with each other than with their "invasion" of earth (does THIRTEEN robots really constitute an invasion???)
stocky
Micromaster

Postby Bender Prime » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:18 pm

This is great cos the sequels are guaranteed which means the next 5 years at least it will be constant Transformers fun with new bots and new stories etc, everything will flourish from the attention, regardless of whether you liked the film or not, and I loved it.
Bender Prime
Minibot

Postby i_amtrunks » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:27 pm

No surprises there.

I wonder how it will go once it actually has some competition though. Harry Potter should do exceptionally well, and it then has 2 weeks in the SUn, like Transformers did, before the Simpsons cleans the floor with them both.

But $121 million in 10 days in Australia, and 4 days in the USA, with the European release still to come, thats good for any film.
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Postby Autobobby1 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:29 pm

Weapon: Gattling Gun
I'm not surprised by this, really.

This also proves the Geewunners wrong again. This movie made more money ALREADY than the G1 movie ever made in the theaters.
Mashed potatoes can be your friends!
Autobobby1
Godmaster
Speed: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10

Postby Darth Bombshell » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:46 pm

Motto: "Insanity is a state of mind, and I have a home there."
Weapon: Cerebro-Shell Launcher
Autobobby1 wrote:This also proves the Geewunners wrong again. This movie made more money ALREADY than the G1 movie ever made in the theaters.

Especially when that amount of money was made on the first freaking day. :grin:
Darth Bombshell
Gestalt
News Credits: 487
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Next

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ARMADA #1 Dreamwave Comics DW 2002 (W) Sarracini (A/CA) Raiz"
Transformers ARMAD ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #35 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Budiansky (CA) Springer 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #13 Cover B IDW Comics 2019 BOLD NEW ERA 13B (CA) Miyao JUL190684"
TRANSFORMERS #13 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers FATE OF CYBERTRON #1 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 APR221600 (CA) Hernandez"
Transformers FATE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Wreckers TREAD & CIRCUITS #2 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 SEP210491 2B"
Transformers Wreck ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #57 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Furman (A/CA) Delbo 230915Z"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers REIGN STARSCREAM #1 Cvr A IDW Comics 2008 Movie Sequel 1A 210411A"
Transformers REIGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GALAXIES #10 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 APR200733 10B (CA) Deer"
TRANSFORMERS GALAX ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 2nd ptg Cvr C Image Comics 2023 0923IM826 (CA) LaRosa"
TRANSFORMERS #1 2n ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #36 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (CA) Springer 231222U"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #4 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 Skybound 1123IM342 4A (CA) Johnson"
TRANSFORMERS #4 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 2 #5 Marvel Comics 1994 (CA) Yaniger 210227A"
TRANSFORMERS GENER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #5 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 APR210676 5B (CA) Schoening"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 2nd ptg Cvr E Image Comics 2023 0923IM828 (CA) Tocchini"
TRANSFORMERS #1 2n ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 05 Voyager Class Movie 2 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Breakdown Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force 1-Step Changer Soundwave" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee – Energon Igniters Power Plus Series Bumblebee" on AMAZON