Additional In-Hand Images pf Platinum Edition Unicron

Monday, December 5th, 2016 11:31am CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Bronzewolf   Views: 26,642

Seibertronians, today we bing you some additional shots of the upcoming Platinum Edition Unicron! Coming to us from Twitter User @BfqeO, the images give us a better look at the figure's exterior box art, the box art in the fold-out leaf, as well as Unicron in his bubble, and the figure himself. The user also shows off the lighting effects Unicron comes with.

There has been some discussion about how similar this figure is to it's previous releases, so tell us in the comments: do these additional photos sway your opinion in any way? Please, let us know, but first take a look at the images themselves below!

Transformers News: Re: 2016 Generations Platinum sets

Transformers News: Re: 2016 Generations Platinum sets

Transformers News: Re: 2016 Generations Platinum sets

Transformers News: Re: 2016 Generations Platinum sets

Credit(s): BfqeO

Re: Additional In-Hand Images pf Platinum Edition Unicron (1845480)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 5th, 2016 @ 11:35am CST
Okay, now that we can see it in good lighting, the blue is definitely a few shades lighter than on the Amazon version, but that seems to be the extent of the differences, new packaging aside.
Re: Additional In-Hand Images pf Platinum Edition Unicron (1845482)
Posted by Kurona on December 5th, 2016 @ 11:43am CST
Very quick and rough comparison.

At most they're using different shades of paint. The applications, it seems, are the exact same (aside from the eyes which are red instead of green unless I'm looking at the light-up feature wrong)

Re: Additional In-Hand Images pf Platinum Edition Unicron (1845489)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 5th, 2016 @ 12:10pm CST
Kurona wrote:Very quick and rough comparison.

But that's an old stock photo on the right. The real toy didn't fully look like that.
Re: Additional In-Hand Images pf Platinum Edition Unicron (1845490)
Posted by Kyleor on December 5th, 2016 @ 12:10pm CST
I'm very surprised they left the electronics in. I'll be sticking with my Armada version though.
Re: Additional In-Hand Images pf Platinum Edition Unicron (1845494)
Posted by BeastProwl on December 5th, 2016 @ 12:19pm CST
Re: Additional In-Hand Images pf Platinum Edition Unicron (1845496)
Posted by o.supreme on December 5th, 2016 @ 12:30pm CST
BeastProwl wrote:I can easily see them getting a Primus out of a potential Unicron mold.

Not to mention a new Darth Vader/Death Star Transformer ;) (Or would it be Kylo Ren/ Sarkiller Base?)
Re: Additional In-Hand Images pf Platinum Edition Unicron (1845520)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on December 5th, 2016 @ 2:58pm CST
BeastProwl wrote:Might be beating a dead horse here but, you think we'll ever get a new unicron mold? Like, a BIG one? Because as much as I like the Armada Unicron's overall look...I feel he needs an update already. And with Has/Tak's capacity to heavily retool existing molds into other characters (Optimus/Magnus, Metroplex/Fort Max) I can easily see them getting a Primus out of a potential Unicron mold.

i would like to see a new planetformer mold. The titan class has given us potential, and i wish they would take advantage of it!
Re: Additional In-Hand Images pf Platinum Edition Unicron (1845521)
Posted by Sharkticon Soup on December 5th, 2016 @ 3:00pm CST
Re: Additional In-Hand Images pf Platinum Edition Unicron (1845535)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on December 5th, 2016 @ 3:31pm CST
Sharkticon Soup wrote:Does anybody know if there is a version of this guy that has light up green eyes? Thanks!

All versions have red LED's simply because they're the cheapest to get.
Re: Additional In-Hand Images pf Platinum Edition Unicron (1845536)
Posted by Emerje on December 5th, 2016 @ 3:35pm CST
So the Takara Tomy version is still the best version. Good to know, I chose correctly.

Emerje
Re: Additional In-Hand Images pf Platinum Edition Unicron (1845539)
Posted by grimdragon2001 on December 5th, 2016 @ 3:56pm CST
Yuck, those blue legs look awful. Glad I got the Amazon version years ago, still the best in my book.
Re: Additional In-Hand Images pf Platinum Edition Unicron (1845573)
Posted by Big Grim on December 5th, 2016 @ 7:39pm CST
Frankly, my personally repainted Armada Unicron does the job just fine. I'll grab a pic or something soon.
Re: Additional In-Hand Images pf Platinum Edition Unicron (1845578)
Posted by shajaki on December 5th, 2016 @ 8:22pm CST
Well %&*#
The hand is not solid as speculated. And his eyes are in fact not green. I was going to pay whatever premium I had to to get this bugger, now I don't even know if I'd grab him if I found him locally. That Movielicious box is about the only reason I'm still interested.
Re: Additional In-Hand Images pf Platinum Edition Unicron (1845648)
Posted by Relic0037 on December 6th, 2016 @ 12:21am CST
I plan to get this since I missed out on all the other releases.
Re: Additional In-Hand Images pf Platinum Edition Unicron (1845944)
Posted by Tyrannacon on December 7th, 2016 @ 11:11am CST
I think it's great that it is a bit closer to the Amazon exclusive release so it gives the people who didn't get the figure an opportunity to get Unicron. So I definitely want to try to get it on account of that, but if I already had the Amazon release I most likely wouldn't bother with getting this one. Packaging art though kicks a lot of butt however.
Re: Additional In-Hand Images pf Platinum Edition Unicron (1846752)
Posted by triKlops on December 12th, 2016 @ 11:07am CST
EE Platinum Liokaiser; 99.98 shipped, eBay
Re: Additional In-Hand Images pf Platinum Edition Unicron (1847883)
Posted by o.supreme on December 19th, 2016 @ 2:53pm CST
Just pulled the trigger on LioKaiser $82.95 shipped

https://www.amazon.com/Hasbro-Transform ... =liokaiser
Re: Additional In-Hand Images pf Platinum Edition Unicron (1847885)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on December 19th, 2016 @ 2:58pm CST
Thanks to Seibertronian o.supreme we bring to you word that the Platinum Edition Liokaiser is now available on Amazon.com for the low price of $82.95! That's right folks, the Platinum combiner is available for a really good price that is on par with other box set combiners right now. Hurry up and grab this guy while he's available, and stay tuned for other great deals!
Re: Additional In-Hand Images pf Platinum Edition Unicron (1847908)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on December 19th, 2016 @ 3:56pm CST
We have even more Platinum news for you today! Following the Liokaiser sighting, we bring you to news that the Platinum "One Shall Stand, One Shall Fall" set, consisting of decoes of Classics voyagers Optimus Prime and Megatron, is now up on Amazon.com for half off! That means this set is now only $37.96, about the cost of a voyager and deluxe at today's prices. So hurry up and go grab yourself these Platinum sets before they're all gone!
Re: Additional In-Hand Images pf Platinum Edition Unicron (1847919)
Posted by Kurona on December 19th, 2016 @ 4:53pm CST
Kapow has also had Megatron vs Optimus reduced to an insane £30 for quite a long while now.

https://www.kapowtoys.co.uk/transformer ... -pack.html

I'd pay that much for Classics Optimus alone.

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 20 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Megatron and Doomshot" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-47 Kickback & Double Dealer" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-38 Laserbeak & Apeface" on EBAY
Buy "G1 Transformers Botcon 2013 Classics SEEKER HOTLINK  Tech Card  & instuctions" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Blurr" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Challenge at Cybertron Rodimus and Titans Return Hot Rod" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Voyager ASTROTRAIN Loose Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Chromedome COMPLETE, Great Condition" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cybertron Legends Class Galvatron Action Figure 2005 - MOC" on EBAY