Another Interview with Derrick Wyatt

Another Interview with Derrick Wyatt

Monday, April 13th, 2009 4:30pm CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, People News, Interviews
Posted by: Nekoman   Views: 25,395

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Another interview with Transformers Animated lead designer Derrick Wyatt has been posted at Unicron.com. Like with the last interview, Derrick reveals many interesting things fans of Animated might enjoy reading. To read the entire interview, please click here.

In his interview, he also reveals all of the episode titles, which you may read below:

1-3 Transwarped
4: Three's a Crowd
5: Where Is Thy Sting?
6: Five Servos of Doom
7: Predacons Rising
8-9: Human Error (pts 1-2)
10: Decepticon Air
11: This Is Why I Hate Machines
12-13 Endgame, parts 1 and 2

Credit(s): Unicron.com


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Another Interview with Derrick Wyatt (909899)
Posted by --B-- on April 13th, 2009 @ 6:02pm CDT
Endgame. Huh. Figures, another End Game ending a series just when it started getting good.

Beast Wars had the same title for it's last episodes, IIRC.
Re: Another Interview with Derrick Wyatt (909914)
Posted by Tristar on April 13th, 2009 @ 6:23pm CDT
...I'm gonna miss this show! WHY why why isn't there going to be a season 4! I have a thought on Decepticon air...I think it was originally called Downtown Blackout...which makes me think At least Blackout is gonna show up again.


I can hope....

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
Re: Another Interview with Derrick Wyatt (909925)
Posted by capellamusic on April 13th, 2009 @ 6:42pm CDT
Only 13?... This is one of the best TFs series ever (including also the toys), it has to be longer!
Re: Another Interview with Derrick Wyatt (909929)
Posted by oldskooltf on April 13th, 2009 @ 6:48pm CDT
Some of Derrick Wyatt's responses make it seem that we will get a Season 4! Like when he said we won't see Wheeljack's alt mode this season.


Oh... how I hope this is not the last season. I've bought Seasons 1 & 2 on DVD to watch with my kids and have purchased quite a few of the toys too. My wife (not a TF fan) even admits that the episodes are written well.


This should not end.
Re: Another Interview with Derrick Wyatt (909935)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 13th, 2009 @ 6:57pm CDT
--B-- wrote:Endgame. Huh. Figures, another End Game ending a series just when it started getting good.

Beast Wars had the same title for it's last episodes, IIRC.
Nope it was Beast Machines season 2 that had that title for its finale: "Endgame Pt. I: The Downward Spiral", "Endgame Pt. II: When Legends Fall", and "Endgame Pt. III: Seeds of the Future".

Tristar wrote:...I'm gonna miss this show! WHY why why isn't there going to be a season 4! I have a thought on Decepticon air...I think it was originally called Downtown Blackout...which makes me think At least Blackout is gonna show up again.
"Downtown Blackout" was always a rumor.

capellamusic wrote:Only 13?... This is one of the best TFs series ever (including also the toys), it has to be longer!
Seasons 1 and 2 had 13. So why not season 3?

oldskooltf wrote:Some of Derrick Wyatt's responses make it seem that we will get a Season 4! Like when he said we won't see Wheeljack's alt mode this season.


Oh... how I hope this is not the last season. I've bought Seasons 1 & 2 on DVD to watch with my kids and have purchased quite a few of the toys too. My wife (not a TF fan) even admits that the episodes are written well.


This should not end.
You do know that this is part 2 of the IMterview, right. Part 1 made it known that season 3 is the end.
Re: Another Interview with Derrick Wyatt (909961)
Posted by Badass Grimlock on April 13th, 2009 @ 8:09pm CDT
Image from interview:


Image
Re: Another Interview with Derrick Wyatt (910193)
Posted by oldskooltf on April 14th, 2009 @ 11:26am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
oldskooltf wrote:Some of Derrick Wyatt's responses make it seem that we will get a Season 4! Like when he said we won't see Wheeljack's alt mode this season.


Oh... how I hope this is not the last season. I've bought Seasons 1 & 2 on DVD to watch with my kids and have purchased quite a few of the toys too. My wife (not a TF fan) even admits that the episodes are written well.


This should not end.
You do know that this is part 2 of the IMterview, right. Part 1 made it known that season 3 is the end.


I just read part 1 for the 2nd time and I cannot for the life of me see where Derrick Wyatt says that Season 3 is the end. He does say that nothing was changed with the ending of Season 3 but carefully does not say there's no season 4.

Now... I'll admit when I'm wrong -- so if Season 3 being the end of TF Animated was truly confirmed by someone from Cartoon Network or Hasbro or someone like that, then please give the me the link to the article/interview so I can stop hoping for Season 4.
Re: Another Interview with Derrick Wyatt (910289)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 14th, 2009 @ 3:15pm CDT
oldskooltf wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
oldskooltf wrote:Some of Derrick Wyatt's responses make it seem that we will get a Season 4! Like when he said we won't see Wheeljack's alt mode this season.


Oh... how I hope this is not the last season. I've bought Seasons 1 & 2 on DVD to watch with my kids and have purchased quite a few of the toys too. My wife (not a TF fan) even admits that the episodes are written well.


This should not end.
You do know that this is part 2 of the IMterview, right. Part 1 made it known that season 3 is the end.


I just read part 1 for the 2nd time and I cannot for the life of me see where Derrick Wyatt says that Season 3 is the end. He does say that nothing was changed with the ending of Season 3 but carefully does not say there's no season 4.

Now... I'll admit when I'm wrong -- so if Season 3 being the end of TF Animated was truly confirmed by someone from Cartoon Network or Hasbro or someone like that, then please give the me the link to the article/interview so I can stop hoping for Season 4.
Wel,, Perceptor told me that there's a possiblitiy for a Part 3 to coem once season 3 finishes airing, so it'll likely be said in that IMterview once it happens.
Re: Another Interview with Derrick Wyatt (915179)
Posted by i_amtrunks on April 27th, 2009 @ 6:40pm CDT
Allspark.com have posted a "boiled down transcript" from Transformers Animated Lead Character Designer Derrick Wyatt's panels at TFCon2009.

The majority of the transcript is taken from the first of Wyatt's panels, which focused solely on the Animated series. While no direct spoilers are released, Wyatt does hint at some things still to come as well as answering questions regarding his preferred characters, and comments on things already seen.

To read the full Allspark Transcript, please click here.
Re: Another Interview with Derrick Wyatt (915219)
Posted by oldskooltf on April 27th, 2009 @ 11:47pm CDT
good stuff.

I love Derrick Wyatt's answers. Fun read.
Re: Another Interview with Derrick Wyatt (915249)
Posted by dabattousai on April 28th, 2009 @ 1:32am CDT
I was really hoping for Sludge and the real Snarl to be put in. I really would have loved to own all five of the dinobots in Animated form. :sad:

I don't think Season 3 will be the end of it. It just seems they have a lot to explain. They can't just end it without tying up the loose ends.

Anyways good read and can't wait for Botcon to see more information get spilled. Hopefully an Animated Constructicon toy display this time around.
Re: Another Interview with Derrick Wyatt (915384)
Posted by Marcdachamp on April 28th, 2009 @ 2:01pm CDT
I have a feeling that it might be "ending," but the next series is a direct follow-up. The only Transformers series that hasn't really had a direct follow-up was RID.

They're being very, very vague.
Re: Another Interview with Derrick Wyatt (915463)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 28th, 2009 @ 4:38pm CDT
Marcdachamp wrote: The only Transformers series that hasn't really had a direct follow-up was RID.
G1 didn't have a follow-up (in America, that is).
Re: Another Interview with Derrick Wyatt (915471)
Posted by Editor on April 28th, 2009 @ 5:02pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Marcdachamp wrote: The only Transformers series that hasn't really had a direct follow-up was RID.
G1 didn't have a follow-up (in America, that is).


It's called Beast Wars :roll:

My feeling is that Animated is ending after Season 3 saddly, as it was shown a couple years ago that the movie francise is more important to them as just in case they have another situation like the first movie where we ended up with wave after wave of repaints and redecos, that they can pimp those out without hurting the Animated francise at the same time.

My hope is that they give it a year or so to gat the second movie thru all the stores, get a a filler universe series 4 to fill the gap and at Botcon 2010 they announce Transformers: Animated Heroes (or something like that) and restart things in fall 2010.
Re: Another Interview with Derrick Wyatt (915594)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 28th, 2009 @ 10:14pm CDT
Editor wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Marcdachamp wrote: The only Transformers series that hasn't really had a direct follow-up was RID.
G1 didn't have a follow-up (in America, that is).


It's called Beast Wars :roll:
Nah, Beast Wars was its own thing until the season 2 finale.

It's not a "sequel" to G1, it's a "spinoff" of G1. There is a difference.
Re: Another Interview with Derrick Wyatt (915753)
Posted by Marcdachamp on April 29th, 2009 @ 10:32am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Marcdachamp wrote: The only Transformers series that hasn't really had a direct follow-up was RID.
G1 didn't have a follow-up (in America, that is).

That can be argued. We could say Generation 2 or Beast Wars. Even still, if we do allow it, 6 out of 8 of the series we've had in the US have had or been a follow-up.
Re: Another Interview with Derrick Wyatt (915811)
Posted by Tristar on April 29th, 2009 @ 1:26pm CDT
I just finished reading the interview....AND never before have wanted to grind my teeth so much! He keeps hinting that something more is gonna be done with TFA after season 3. Though the fact he wants to put the brick (Grandus) into the show is kinda funny.

But, still to damn many hints that something after Season 3. Wish they'd just spit out what there going to do with it!
Re: Another Interview with Derrick Wyatt (915815)
Posted by Editor on April 29th, 2009 @ 1:31pm CDT
Tristar wrote:Wish they'd just spit out what there going to do with it!


It sounds like they will, but it won't be until Botcon.
Re: Another Interview with Derrick Wyatt (915845)
Posted by Marcdachamp on April 29th, 2009 @ 3:13pm CDT
Tristar wrote:I just finished reading the interview....AND never before have wanted to grind my teeth so much! He keeps hinting that something more is gonna be done with TFA after season 3. Though the fact he wants to put the brick (Grandus) into the show is kinda funny.

But, still to damn many hints that something after Season 3. Wish they'd just spit out what there going to do with it!

Agreed and hopeful. :grin:
Re: Another Interview with Derrick Wyatt (916250)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 30th, 2009 @ 6:38pm CDT
Marcdachamp wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Marcdachamp wrote: The only Transformers series that hasn't really had a direct follow-up was RID.
G1 didn't have a follow-up (in America, that is).

That can be argued. We could say Generation 2 or Beast Wars.
While G2 could be considered the sequel toyline, it didn't have an actual cartoon to go with it. Its cartoon was still G1 epiasodes but with newly-added special effects.

Beast Wars, however, was a spin-off, not a sequel.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Autobot Jazz Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Rook Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Strafe" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 05 Voyager Class Movie 2 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #271 - Meh-pisode
Twincast / Podcast #271:
"Meh-pisode"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Friday, March 5th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Generations Classics Universe Sunstreaker With Reprolabels" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron: Earthrise Deluxe WFC-E20 Smokescreen" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS ROBOTS IN DISGUISE MINI CON DEPLOYERS FRACTURE AIRAZOR MISB 2014" on EBAY
Buy "New Authentic Transformers Combiner Wars Defensor Lot of 7. Protectobots MISB." on EBAY
Buy "Brand New Transformers Bot Shots Battle Game Series 1 Mirage L@@K!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Hasbro Combiner Wars Deluxe Smokescreen" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Hasbro Combiner Wars Legends Rodimus loose" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the primes POTP Leader Rodimus Prime" on EBAY