Color Image of Dr. Wu's DW-P01 Replacement Protector Faces

Color Image of Dr. Wu's DW-P01 Replacement Protector Faces

Sunday, November 13th, 2011 11:41pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 40,053

The Transformers Galaxy Hong Kong Fans Group have posted an new image of Dr. Wu's DW-P01 replacement faces for FansProject's Protector upgrade. This images shows the two new face plates in what one would assume are their final colors and packaging. Image mirrored below.

Credit(s): Transformers Galaxy Hong Kong Fans Group

Re: Color Image of Dr. Wu's DW-P01 Replacement Protector Faces (1312268)
Posted by RhA on November 14th, 2011 @ 1:03am CST
Re: Color Image of Dr. Wu's DW-P01 Replacement Protector Faces (1312274)
Posted by DevastaTTor on November 14th, 2011 @ 1:41am CST

-rant over-
Re: Color Image of Dr. Wu's DW-P01 Replacement Protector Faces (1312276)
Posted by Autobot032 on November 14th, 2011 @ 2:05am CST
No use for the one with the visor, but I do like the one on the left. Hmm.
Re: Color Image of Dr. Wu's DW-P01 Replacement Protector Faces (1312287)
Posted by Flux Convoy on November 14th, 2011 @ 6:23am CST
I don't have any use for either. The face is practically the same as Protector. The only differences I see are the nose being wider, not tapering and the mouth. I dunno, these guys seem to be doing a bunch of WTF projects that I have no real interest in.
:BOT:
Re: Color Image of Dr. Wu's DW-P01 Replacement Protector Faces (1312312)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on November 14th, 2011 @ 7:55am CST
DevastaTTor wrote:Here's a novel idea, why don't they actually post a photo of this set ON PROTECTOR?!? These faces looks fine but it's annoying that they just don't go ahead and show them to us ON THE FIGURE.

-rant over-

I agree. Showing us a faceplate that isn't attached to the helmet is pretty pointless.
Re: Color Image of Dr. Wu's DW-P01 Replacement Protector Faces (1312360)
Posted by Kibble on November 14th, 2011 @ 10:04am CST
I'll 3rd that ^^. Looking at comparisons between the two, the new face does appear to be significantly better, but I can't really determine how 'necessary' it is without seeing it in use. And then probably equally as important, price. It could look amazing, but if it's not reasonably priced, forget it. How about $12 shipped? iGear was able to do that for two entire heads, a case for them, and a mini screwdriver...seems reasonable for a couple face plates to be no more expensive.
Re: Color Image of Dr. Wu's DW-P01 Replacement Protector Faces (1312390)
Posted by Sodan-1 on November 14th, 2011 @ 10:37am CST
So does this upgrade just consist of the two new faceplates? I thought there was going to be a new helmet as well.
Re: Color Image of Dr. Wu's DW-P01 Replacement Protector Faces (1312502)
Posted by Rated X on November 14th, 2011 @ 4:47pm CST
A face plate...your kidding, right ??? Well, I guess thats one way to avoid mixing the right shade of red plastic to match Protector. Better be under 10 bucks.

Dr. Wu, return to the 36 Chambers and bring back something better.
Re: Color Image of Dr. Wu's DW-P01 Replacement Protector Faces (1312519)
Posted by Astronopolis on November 14th, 2011 @ 5:28pm CST
amcgrath929 wrote:

-rant over-

guys. check the first post ;)

i think it looks good, and solves my only issue with the toy. the provided face was just a tad too generic looking for me.
Re: Color Image of Dr. Wu's DW-P01 Replacement Protector Faces (1312569)
Posted by Ungie on November 14th, 2011 @ 7:39pm CST
Screw this shit! where are my "Metroplex Eyes" and my "'Exact Copy Of Generations Unicron' Unicron Head"?!?

Seriously, Dr. Wu. Make Something useful.
Re: Color Image of Dr. Wu's DW-P01 Replacement Protector Faces (1312697)
Posted by El Duque on November 15th, 2011 @ 12:16am CST

Re: Color Image of Dr. Wu's DW-P01 Replacement Protector Faces (1312704)
Posted by DevastaTTor on November 15th, 2011 @ 12:46am CST
Ok, the regular face does look better installed. Will probably buy this despite the fact that the goggled face looks like it's wearing Willy Wonka's glasses.
Re: Color Image of Dr. Wu's DW-P01 Replacement Protector Faces (1312706)
Posted by DevastaTTor on November 15th, 2011 @ 12:50am CST
El Duque wrote:We have some packaged and installed images of Dr. Wu's DW-P01: Face Off replacement face plates for FansProject's Protector. The first couple of packaging shots come from the Transformers Galaxy Hong Kong Fans Group. The second set of images from ACToys give us a look at the face plates installed on TFX-04C Protector. Both sets of images mirrored below.

E.D., do you ever sleep???
Re: Color Image of Dr. Wu's DW-P01 Replacement Protector Faces (1312711)
Posted by DevastaTTor on November 15th, 2011 @ 1:27am CST
Astronopolis wrote:
amcgrath929 wrote:

-rant over-

guys. check the first post ;)

If I'm not mistaken, that was just in the helmet, not on the figure.
Re: Color Image of Dr. Wu's DW-P01 Replacement Protector Faces (1312716)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on November 15th, 2011 @ 2:00am CST
Does anyone else think the head with the visor makes him look like Proto Man from the Mega Man series?
Re: Color Image of Dr. Wu's DW-P01 Replacement Protector Faces (1312732)
Posted by Sodan-1 on November 15th, 2011 @ 4:31am CST
DevastaTTor wrote:

E.D., do you ever sleep???

:lol: Good question. El Duque's certainly been squeezing the internet dry of news for a while now.

On topic, looking at the packaging I'm not sure if I'd be ordering a Transformers upgrade or Rodimus themed tuna fish.
Re: Color Image of Dr. Wu's DW-P01 Replacement Protector Faces (1312783)
Posted by dragons on November 15th, 2011 @ 8:19am CST
looks decent goggle version looks power ranger / captain power look to him
Re: Color Image of Dr. Wu's DW-P01 Replacement Protector Faces (1312795)
Posted by Blackstreak on November 15th, 2011 @ 8:57am CST
I'm not a fan of the visored face but the normal one looks good. I may pick up a set anyways just to get rid of the blemish from the FP original.
Re: Color Image of Dr. Wu's DW-P01 Replacement Protector Faces (1312833)
Posted by Kibble on November 15th, 2011 @ 10:18am CST
Goggle version looks terrible, but I like the other. Would still like to see a side by side comparison, which I suppose I could do myself if I stopped being lazy. About the most important factor at this point is the cost...and it's unfortunate we'd have to pay extra for that crappy goggle version. I thought maybe I could find someone to go it with who preferred the goggled one, but after seeing the end results, I think that group just became a highly endangered species.
Re: Color Image of Dr. Wu's DW-P01 Replacement Protector Faces (1312867)
Posted by kirbenvost on November 15th, 2011 @ 11:42am CST
RhA wrote:You dawg, we heard you like upgrades. So we made an upgrade for your upgrade so you can upgrade while you upgrade.

Heh. :lol:

I don't like the visor face... it's too... goggly. Or something. So if I get it at all (not very likely), it's only for the normal face.

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Fangry Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Terri-Bull" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #274 - Pulse Fan Fest 2021
"Pulse Fan Fest 2021"
Posted: Sunday, April 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers BLAST OFF and MEGATRONUS Amazon Exclusive Combiner Wars Prime" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Titans Return Wheelie Generations Legends Rare Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Onslaught Combaticons Leader Combiner Wars In Box" on EBAY
Buy "?? Transformers Titans Return Legends COSMOS & SEASPRAY figure Lot Authentic" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return TRYPTICON Factory Sealed MISB HASBRO" on EBAY