Combiner Wars Devastator Now Available For Preorder At Amazon

Combiner Wars Devastator Now Available For Preorder At Amazon

Thursday, June 25th, 2015 1:12am CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, Toy News, Store News
Posted by: Autobot032   Views: 33,535

Thanks to the Distill Web Monitor, my bookmarked page of Combiner Wars Devastator and it's newest update was caught by said monitor as being online and ready for preorder!

It has since been taken down, but all is not lost! There are several tricks that can help obtain an item on Amazon, and one of those tricks shared around Facebook in the past, which worked to obtain Quickslinger and Brake-Neck, also works for Devastator!

In the link below (which you can go to by clicking on the image below) will take you to the Q&A page for Devastator where there is a preorder button that does function! I just put my preorder in, and it's scheduled for an August 1st release date, and it also seems to confirm that the MSRP is $149.99 USD.

Transformers News: Combiner Wars Devastator Now Available For Preorder At Amazon

Fantastic news for those of us still waiting to have this beast in hand, unlike some lucky Australian fans who have him right now!

Credit(s): Amazon, Distill Web Monitor

This article was last modified on Thursday, June 25th, 2015 3:59pm CDT

Re: Combiner Wars Devastator Now Available For Preorder At Amazon (1702861)
Posted by prjkt on June 25th, 2015 @ 1:55am CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:
prjkt wrote:Yeah probably should have said that Target/Kmart AU have nothing to do with their overseas namesakes.

Now... While I wait for my phone call, have to figure out where to display this behemoth.

Well, since he will now be the 300 pound gorilla in the room, I'm guessing, anywhere he wants :P

Heh I think Metroplex might have him in terms of height, but I'm sure Devs could do some damage if he tried...
Re: Combiner Wars Devastator Now Available For Preorder At Amazon (1702862)
Posted by MenaceRX on June 25th, 2015 @ 1:56am CDT
Re: Combiner Wars Devastator Now Available For Preorder At Amazon (1702864)
Posted by Autobot032 on June 25th, 2015 @ 1:58am CDT
MenaceRX wrote:They already killed it. Only goes to a page that forwards you back to Amazons home page now.

Click the image in the post I made above, takes you right to the preorder button.
Re: Combiner Wars Devastator Now Available For Preorder At Amazon (1702868)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on June 25th, 2015 @ 2:08am CDT
waiting for the takara one.
Re: Combiner Wars Devastator Now Available For Preorder At Amazon (1702875)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on June 25th, 2015 @ 2:45am CDT
hinomars19 wrote:That's a proud man right there.

Nice to see simpler, what I would hope is also cost-reducing, packaging. It continues to bemuse and frustrate me why toys are tied, taped and trapped in their packaging as if Hasbro believes the toys will jump out during transit! (they're not Woody or Buzz, after all...)

So the big guy is out in the wild? What's the expected release for U.S, and dare I ask...here in the U.K? :shock:

(Although I'm leaning towards Takara's...sorry.)

Years ago I remember reading a transcript of a Q&A from Bot-Con where Hasbro explained that it's the US retailers who demand that type of packaging as it's seen as a theft deterrent. It was one of those "Do it or we won't carry your product" deals. It works for the most part but does nothing for figure swapping.
Re: Combiner Wars Devastator Now Available For Preorder At Amazon (1702877)
Posted by Autobot Roadburn on June 25th, 2015 @ 2:52am CDT
Awesome, thanks for the link! Knew it would be a good idea to check the site before bed, he might be fully gone by the time I get up.

Still leaning towards this guy for combined mode and Takara for messing around with individual bot modes. Elbows, guns, etc. Assuming I can afford (and fit in my apartment) both, anyway.
Re: Combiner Wars Devastator Now Available For Preorder At Amazon (1702886)
Posted by Emerje on June 25th, 2015 @ 5:28am CDT
Looks like his order page is back up and running without having to use any backdoor methods. Just ordered one, I figure I can cancel it if the Takara Tomy versions ends up cheap enough (though the shipping will be pricey).

Emerje
Re: Combiner Wars Devastator Now Available For Preorder At Amazon (1702896)
Posted by griftimus prime on June 25th, 2015 @ 6:51am CDT
no shipping
no tax
deal
Re: Combiner Wars Devastator Now Available For Preorder At Amazon (1702899)
Posted by MrBlack on June 25th, 2015 @ 7:06am CDT
Preordered. Hell, I even kicked in the $6 to get one day shipping.

The Takara one looks better, period. Better joints, better detailing, guns, the whole package. But, I'm almost always going to have Devastator in his combined form, so whether or not Scrapper has elbows is largely irrelevant (if anything, it will keep Devy's heel more stable). Same for guns. More detailing would be nice, but not worth what I'm sure will be a decent markup.
Re: Combiner Wars Devastator Now Available For Preorder At Amazon (1702911)
Posted by ScottyP on June 25th, 2015 @ 8:14am CDT
griftimus prime wrote:no shipping
no tax
deal
What state are you in? Because my Amazon orders are definitely subjected to NC sales tax these days.
Re: Combiner Wars Devastator Now Available For Preorder At Amazon (1702918)
Posted by reluctantyouth on June 25th, 2015 @ 8:32am CDT
ScottyP wrote:
griftimus prime wrote:no shipping
no tax
deal

I enjoyed no tax here in Illinois for years. But since we are most undoubtedly the worst/corrupt/broke ass State in the Union...the greedy Illinois schmucks running State government bitched and moaned and got their way. Now Amazon charges us sales tax. The tax on this guy was almost $10 bucks. This is still cheaper than shipping and most likely Amazon will package better than Hasblow or anyone else for that matter. Been paying tax on Amazon since February 2015.

~reluctantyouth~ :BOT:
Re: Combiner Wars Devastator Now Available For Preorder At Amazon (1702919)
Posted by william-james88 on June 25th, 2015 @ 8:32am CDT
MrBlack wrote:Preordered. Hell, I even kicked in the $6 to get one day shipping.

What about the retractable visor? And the purple hands? So far, the markup on the UW toys was pretty low with the exception of Defensor who is an exclusive figure.

Here is the example with Menasor:

On TF Source, 4 deluxes come to 66$ and while they dont sell the voyager alone, his individual cost would be 25$ so alltogether before shipping and taxes it comes to 91$ US.

You can preorder Takara's Menasor right now for 11,240 JPY, which is 90.95$ US, so the exact same price.

So currently, the markup on the Unite Warriors version for the non exclusive combiners is 0%. Any extra fee comes through the way of shipping but that varies depending on location. For example, in Canada, it costs the same shipping from the US as Japan (sometimes cheaper from japan even since they have options we dont have).

If that markup is the same with Devastator then you can bet your sweet mother's cooking that I will jump on Takara's version since there is no point me paying the same price for Hasbro's when it comes with subpar articulation and paint apps as well as not getting any extra accessories or the retractable visor. It's not even about which is version I like better at this point, I am simply getting literally more with Takara by spending the same amount of money. Of course, there are 2 assumptions for this to happen. That the markup is the same as the previous UW releases and that the shipping is the same price if I were to choose Hasbro or Takara (which it has been thus far in my case).
Re: Combiner Wars Devastator Now Available For Preorder At Amazon (1702920)
Posted by reluctantyouth on June 25th, 2015 @ 8:34am CDT
ScottyP wrote:
griftimus prime wrote:no shipping
no tax
deal

~reluctantyouth~ :BOT:
Re: Combiner Wars Devastator Now Available For Preorder At Amazon (1702925)
Posted by jay5 on June 25th, 2015 @ 8:40am CDT

Bad link choice in the article. Here's the correct link: http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Gene ... ql_qh_dp_t
You can get to it by clicking on the item's title on the Q&A page.
Re: Combiner Wars Devastator Now Available For Preorder At Amazon (1702936)
Posted by william-james88 on June 25th, 2015 @ 9:30am CDT
I clicked on the pic and it worked fine
Re: Combiner Wars Devastator Now Available For Preorder At Amazon (1702940)
Posted by superchook6909 on June 25th, 2015 @ 9:37am CDT
I called alot of Big W stores, and apparently they haven't had any arrived yet.
One store was kind enough to put my name and number down and will call me when they come in. And put one aside for me, unlike the other stores, who keep saying to call or come in to see if they arrive.
Re: Combiner Wars Devastator Now Available For Preorder At Amazon (1702942)
Posted by MrBlack on June 25th, 2015 @ 9:40am CDT
william-james88 wrote:

Here is the example with Menasor:

I'm in the US, so shipping on Devy is free from Amazon, although I paid a whopping $6 for next day delivery. Shipping from Amiami for something as big as Devy won't be cheap. Add to that the fact that we don't know what, if any, markup Devy will have (the visor gimmick, extra articulation, and weapons on Devy vs. different paint apps on the other combiners), and it was a pretty easy choice for me.

In Canada? Yeah, it might be worth waiting.
Re: Combiner Wars Devastator Now Available For Preorder At Amazon (1702953)
Posted by D-BagTron on June 25th, 2015 @ 9:58am CDT
Can anyone share their experience ordering SDCC Metroplex online?
Was the it only available through Hasbro Toy Shop like SDCC Devastator will be?
It seems to be more convenient to preorder him now than to gamble on HTS.
I love the paint apps on SDCC's Dev but I could without the headache of ordering him...unless some of you out there have a different opinion. Please share!
SDCC Dev is $179 right? $149 + $6 shipped looks pretty good rt now.
Takara Dev is beautiful but y'all know he is going break the bank extra hard.
Them guns, them elbows, and those purple hands tho...Takara wins the comparision but I can't see paying $200 for him at retail...unless any of you can sway me.
Please share!
Re: Combiner Wars Devastator Now Available For Preorder At Amazon (1702968)
Posted by william-james88 on June 25th, 2015 @ 10:22am CDT
D-BagTron wrote:Can anyone share their experience ordering SDCC Metroplex online?
Was the it only available through Hasbro Toy Shop like SDCC Devastator will be?
It seems to be more convenient to preorder him now than to gamble on HTS.
SDCC Dev is $179 right? $149 + $6 shipped looks pretty good rt now.
Takara Dev is beautiful but y'all know he is going break the bank extra hard.
Please share!

We dont know how much Takara's will be and I would be really surprised if he would cost more than the SDCC version when released at amiami or HLJ (especially considering that Superion and Menasor sell for the same MSRP price as Hasbro's versions). He also wont be as big a headache to get. Also, just in case you dont know, the SDCC version doesnt have the same face sculpt as the regular retail hasbro one. So consider that as part of your choice too.

From last years SDCC experience (not mine but I was witness) with the exclusive dinobot redecos, they went up on HTS twice and sold out pretty quickly. You'd have to be on your computer refreshing the page all the time, kinda like the recent Majora's mask DS bundle or the Mundo posters. It's usually been less of a headache just acquiring them off e-bay from people who bought them at the show. You will be paying a premium of course, which might get it closer to the Takara price (if it indeed proves to be more expensive).
Re: Combiner Wars Devastator Now Available For Preorder At Amazon (1702970)
Posted by mooncake623 on June 25th, 2015 @ 10:24am CDT
Thanks to tfnd we get some new in-hand images of the highly anticipated San Diego Comic Con Devastator! In these images you get clear looks of all 6 individual robot modes as well as some Alt mode size comparisons!
Check out the images we've embedded below and remember keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest in news and updates!

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Ultra Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Swindle" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS SIEGE WAR FOR CYBERTRON WFC-S32 BLACKJACK & HYPERDRIVE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Powertrain & Highjump Siege War for Cybertron Micromaster" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers WFC-S44 Siege Battlemasters Singe War for Cybertron Target" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends LG37 Ravage & Bullhorn Takara Tomy Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Battle Core Optimus Prime Action Figure Incomplete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers WFC: Earthrise Micromasters Battle Squad DIRECT-HIT / POWER PUNCH" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations - Starscream, Optimus Prime, Rodimus Prime - NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Transformers Masterpiece Convoy Mode Eva MP-10 Optimus Prime Brand" on EBAY