IDW Revolutionaries Volume 2: Power and Glory TPB Listed at Amazon.com

IDW Revolutionaries Volume 2: Power and Glory TPB Listed at Amazon.com

Thursday, February 23rd, 2017 8:10am CST

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 21,701

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

We continue today with some more comics news, in the form of new listings on online retailer Amazon.com, for books released by IDW Publishing in the near future! The first one up is the second volume for Revolutionaries, the variegated team of Hasbro universe licenses made paper and ink - check out more details and the cover below!

THE REVOLUTION MAY BE OVER--but the future is just beginning! Ripped from the pages of the hottest crossover of the year, the REVOLUTION team of John Barber and Fico Ossio continue the action! KUP is a CYBERTRONIAN literally older than the universe; ACTION MAN is the ultimate special agent trying to live up to an impossible legacy; MAYDAY is a G.I. JOE leader trying to rescue her first command; and BLACKROCK is a CYBERTRONIAN that thinks he’s a human.

The Revolutionaries uncover the deep, dark secret of Mike Power, the Atomic Man—and enlist the help of M.A.S.K. to bring in the long-lost agent! But there's more to Power's story than anyone imagined. Collects issues #5-8.

Series: Revolutionaries
Paperback: 96 pages
Publisher: IDW Publishing (November 14, 2017)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1684050154
ISBN-13: 978-1684050154


Transformers News: IDW Revolutionaries Volume 2: Power and Glory TPB Listed at Amazon.com

Credit(s): Amazon


This article was last modified on Thursday, February 23rd, 2017 8:17am CST

News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: IDW Revolutionaries Volume 2: Power and Glory TPB Listed at Amazon.com (1864496)
Posted by ScottyP on March 5th, 2017 @ 2:55pm CST
The 3-page iTunes comic preview for Revolutionaries #3 has been made available, leading to a presumable 3/15/2017 release for this comic first solicited for a February release. This is an especially quick look, as pages 1 and 2 of this preview are merely the recap and roll-call pages seen in each book. Despite this, these pages do lead to some intriguing information and speculative possibilities for the future of the Hasbro Universe of comics, with references oozing out of the first page featuring some Micronauts, our old mono-eyed pal Shockwave, a certain 'Visionary' totem, and even a short nod to Binaltech! Check out the preview pages below and let us know what you think by replying to this post.

John Barber (w) • Ron Joseph (a) • Tradd Moore (c)
BLAST FROM THE PAST!In the deadly catacombs beneath an ancient pyramid, Joe Colton—the original G.I. Joe—found something far worse than any curse or boobytrap. He found the Decepticon Soundwave... scouring Earth for Cybertron's salvation. Their meeting remained classified—until the Revolutionaries crashed headlong into the modern-day results!
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Bullet points:
· A special “Blast from the Past” issue featuring art by Revolution: Rom #1 artist, Ron Joseph!
· The secrets of the original Adventure Team are revealed here!
· Variant cover by Marcelo Ferreira!


Image

Image

Image
Re: IDW Revolutionaries Volume 2: Power and Glory TPB Listed at Amazon.com (1864499)
Posted by Kurona on March 5th, 2017 @ 3:06pm CST
'Binaltech'. So fanwanky. I love it :P

And THIS is what I was hoping for from Revolutionaries. Relatively smaller self-contained stories featuring a handful (which means less than 10. Can you hold more than 10 characters in your hand? If so, check with your local doctor!) of characters that may or may not have repercussions on the main story but is generally a side thing. Like the old Spotlights. Spotlight: Shockwave was great. More of that please.

So yeah. Well excited for this one~
Re: IDW Revolutionaries Volume 2: Power and Glory TPB Listed at Amazon.com (1864513)
Posted by ScottyP on March 5th, 2017 @ 3:45pm CST
Way to initially screw up the news story title, me. Dummy.

Image
Re: IDW Revolutionaries Volume 2: Power and Glory TPB Listed at Amazon.com (1864664)
Posted by Big Grim on March 6th, 2017 @ 10:13am CST
Hah! I love The Oatmeal.
Re: IDW Revolutionaries Volume 2: Power and Glory TPB Listed at Amazon.com (1865689)
Posted by Va'al on March 11th, 2017 @ 4:16am CST
Via comics and entertainment site Newsarama, we have a full preview of next week's third issue of IDW's Revolutionaries ongoing series, featuring Kup, Action Man, Blackrock, G.I. Joe and more - plus, this issue Soundwave! Check out the page below, and head back for more thoughts on the book's release.

Revolutionaries #3
John Barber (w) • Ron Joseph (a) • Tradd Moore (c)
BLAST FROM THE PAST! In the deadly catacombs beneath an ancient pyramid, Joe Colton—the original G.I. Joe—found something far worse than any curse or boobytrap. He found the Decepticon Soundwave... scouring Earth for Cybertron's salvation. Their meeting remained classified—until the Revolutionaries crashed headlong into the modern-day results!
FC • 32 pages • $3.99
Bullet points:
- A special “Blast from the Past” issue featuring art by Revolution: Rom #1 artist, Ron Joseph!
- The secrets of the original Adventure Team are revealed here!
- Variant cover by Marcelo Ferreira!


Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Re: IDW Revolutionaries Volume 2: Power and Glory TPB Listed at Amazon.com (1865937)
Posted by concrusher792 on March 12th, 2017 @ 11:40am CDT
Whose head is that behind Colton inside the tomb? It sort of looks like Prowl, but he never crashed onto ancient Earth in the IDW universe.
Re: IDW Revolutionaries Volume 2: Power and Glory TPB Listed at Amazon.com (1865953)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on March 12th, 2017 @ 1:02pm CDT
concrusher792 wrote:Whose head is that behind Colton inside the tomb? It sort of looks like Prowl, but he never crashed onto ancient Earth in the IDW universe.

Which head are you seeing? I can't see one that looks like Prowl
Re: IDW Revolutionaries Volume 2: Power and Glory TPB Listed at Amazon.com (1872778)
Posted by Va'al on April 8th, 2017 @ 9:06am CDT
There has been an update in the Amazon listing for the second collected volume IDW Publishing's Revolutionaries ongoing series, first reported here. The book will be out much later this year, and will apparently lead into the wider story that John Barber mentioned in our ScottyP's interview with him and Dave Hedgecock (you can listen to it here).

The big news in the change? It looks like we're headed to another crossover event somewhere later this year: Insurgency! What do you make of this news? Check out the description below, and let us know in the Energon Pub!

The team-up of the year continues as the TRANSFORMERS' Kup and Blackrock, G.I. JOE's Mayday, and Action Man join forces with the likes of Optimus Prime, Sgt. Savage, and more to unravel the secrets of the newly-formed shared universe! Leading in to the next major crossover, Hasbro's INSURGENCY!

Continuing the adventures of the first volume of Revolutionaries, the team has the Talisman, a mysterious object with fantastic powers that dates back to when Transformers first visited the Earth. Now they just need to figure out why their enemies want it so badly! It's a jam-packed action-adventure that's full of twists, turns and a little bit of time-travel as our heroes make powerful allies from the past in hopes of saving their present! Featuring the talents of Hasbro-expert writer, John Barber, who artfully weaves the backstory of the entire universe closer and introduces fan-favorite characters and stories to a much larger audience! Also featuring the talents of master artists like Fico Ossio, Guido Guidi, and Ron Joseph! Bridging the gap between the first major Hasbro event, Revolution, and the newest crossover, Insurgency!


Image
Re: IDW Revolutionaries Volume 2: Power and Glory TPB Listed at Amazon.com (1872785)
Posted by Randomhero on April 8th, 2017 @ 10:07am CDT
I'm sure it'll be a fun read. They learned a lot from revolution and I'm hoping it'll please people more than it did. Personally I liked Revolution a lot but I do wish when they do cross over events it'd be handled like the Infestation and Mars Attacks which they kinda did with revolution in ways but where they just have special books instead of intertwining them with the main books. To each his own though, bring it on!
Re: IDW Revolutionaries Volume 2: Power and Glory TPB Listed at Amazon.com (1872788)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on April 8th, 2017 @ 11:12am CDT
i want some movie comics. :/
Re: IDW Revolutionaries Volume 2: Power and Glory TPB Listed at Amazon.com (1872793)
Posted by Va'al on April 8th, 2017 @ 11:26am CDT
Crossovers do not sales make. This one probably will be better than Revolution, but I am not particularly happy about the (inevitable) news.
Re: IDW Revolutionaries Volume 2: Power and Glory TPB Listed at Amazon.com (1872797)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 8th, 2017 @ 12:36pm CDT
Va'al wrote:Crossovers do not sales make. This one probably will be better than Revolution, but I am not particularly happy about the (inevitable) news.

Yeah, I'm not too thrilled about another crossover either
Re: IDW Revolutionaries Volume 2: Power and Glory TPB Listed at Amazon.com (1872799)
Posted by Nexus Knight on April 8th, 2017 @ 12:48pm CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
Va'al wrote:Crossovers do not sales make. This one probably will be better than Revolution, but I am not particularly happy about the (inevitable) news.

Yeah, I'm not too thrilled about another crossover either


IDW should do some universe building and tiny crossovers (like Rom vs Tranformers) before we get a bigger one again. Most people agree that most of Revolution was a dud and we're still getting the taste of that outta our mouths. Give us some time with the new universe. Then a large crossover would feel awesome.
Re: IDW Revolutionaries Volume 2: Power and Glory TPB Listed at Amazon.com (1872801)
Posted by Nexus Knight on April 8th, 2017 @ 12:48pm CDT
Whoops, my post entered twice?
Re: IDW Revolutionaries Volume 2: Power and Glory TPB Listed at Amazon.com (1872803)
Posted by Va'al on April 8th, 2017 @ 12:53pm CDT
Nexus Knight wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
Va'al wrote:Crossovers do not sales make. This one probably will be better than Revolution, but I am not particularly happy about the (inevitable) news.

Yeah, I'm not too thrilled about another crossover either


IDW should do some universe building and tiny crossovers (like Rom vs Tranformers) before we get a bigger one again. Most people agree that most of Revolution was a dud and we're still getting the taste of that outta our mouths. Give us some time with the new universe. Then a large crossover would feel awesome.


I mean, Insurgency is going to happen a fair while away from now, so more building in Rom, Revolutionaries, Optimus Prime, GI Joe, Micronauts, MASK is bound to happen. But still, yeah. Not enough time for a good solid foundational buildup!

Plus we have Earthwar and Wrath of Karza, whatever they might be, also pointed at.
Re: IDW Revolutionaries Volume 2: Power and Glory TPB Listed at Amazon.com (1872805)
Posted by Kurona on April 8th, 2017 @ 12:54pm CDT
... wait, hang on, it's an actual second full-blown crossover?

Uuuugggghhhh. At least this won't have Revolution's inherent problem of having to kick off 3/5 franchises and reviving a long-dead fourth, but everyone here is totally right; this is too much too soon. It's not exactly helpful business-wise either when comic fans on a whole seem to be pretty sick of big crossover events and I certainly can't blame them.
Expanded shared universes like this work better when they're very casually leaking over into each other; like how it's a G.I. Joe team monitoring the situation with/helping out Optimus or the MASK team hunting down Transformers pieces or even Revolutionaries. Doing a big crossover event every year or so instead of making them few and far between - like, y'know, an actual event - is just intrusive and hurts the fiction more than helps it.
God, imagine if before Revolution ex-RiD and MTMTE had a crossover every year - that would have gone down so well and made the reading order so wonderful to get into, wouldn't it?

I honestly thought this was just going to be the name of the next Revolutionaries arc upon first reading. Ugh. This is painful.
Re: IDW Revolutionaries Volume 2: Power and Glory TPB Listed at Amazon.com (1872813)
Posted by Randomhero on April 8th, 2017 @ 1:25pm CDT
Kurona wrote:... wait, hang on, it's an actual second full-blown crossover?

Uuuugggghhhh. At least this won't have Revolution's inherent problem of having to kick off 3/5 franchises and reviving a long-dead fourth, but everyone here is totally right; this is too much too soon. It's not exactly helpful business-wise either when comic fans on a whole seem to be pretty sick of big crossover events and I certainly can't blame them.
Expanded shared universes like this work better when they're very casually leaking over into each other; like how it's a G.I. Joe team monitoring the situation with/helping out Optimus or the MASK team hunting down Transformers pieces or even Revolutionaries. Doing a big crossover event every year or so instead of making them few and far between - like, y'know, an actual event - is just intrusive and hurts the fiction more than helps it.
God, imagine if before Revolution ex-RiD and MTMTE had a crossover every year - that would have gone down so well and made the reading order so wonderful to get into, wouldn't it?

I honestly thought this was just going to be the name of the next Revolutionaries arc upon first reading. Ugh. This is painful.


We did, it was called Dark Cybertron, Combiner Wars and Titans Return.

We're now 5-6 months the end of revoluion and Optimus Prime is still very much the book it was before revolution except EDC has been replaced with GI Joe, lost light is still the same book MTMTE was and TAAO is still TAAO. Obviously we are living in a dark age for transformers comics :roll:
Re: IDW Revolutionaries Volume 2: Power and Glory TPB Listed at Amazon.com (1872816)
Posted by Kurona on April 8th, 2017 @ 1:37pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:
Kurona wrote:... wait, hang on, it's an actual second full-blown crossover?

Uuuugggghhhh. At least this won't have Revolution's inherent problem of having to kick off 3/5 franchises and reviving a long-dead fourth, but everyone here is totally right; this is too much too soon. It's not exactly helpful business-wise either when comic fans on a whole seem to be pretty sick of big crossover events and I certainly can't blame them.
Expanded shared universes like this work better when they're very casually leaking over into each other; like how it's a G.I. Joe team monitoring the situation with/helping out Optimus or the MASK team hunting down Transformers pieces or even Revolutionaries. Doing a big crossover event every year or so instead of making them few and far between - like, y'know, an actual event - is just intrusive and hurts the fiction more than helps it.
God, imagine if before Revolution ex-RiD and MTMTE had a crossover every year - that would have gone down so well and made the reading order so wonderful to get into, wouldn't it?

I honestly thought this was just going to be the name of the next Revolutionaries arc upon first reading. Ugh. This is painful.


We did, it was called Dark Cybertron, Combiner Wars and Titans Return.

We're now 5-6 months the end of revoluion and Optimus Prime is still very much the book it was before revolution except EDC has been replaced with GI Joe, lost light is still the same book MTMTE was and TAAO is still TAAO. Obviously we are living in a dark age for transformers comics :roll:

It didn't happen every year; and even then not every comic was involved. post-DOOP ran for 5 years and in that time only 3 crossovers happened, one at the very end - and ex-RiD was the only comic in which all three took place.

And I never said anything about a dark age or the comics themselves getting worse. On the contrary I think modern IDW is by far the best Transformers fiction we've ever gotten, and while LL and OP are both a tad rough around the edges at the moment most likely due to being restarted, they're still excellent. And TAAO of course just keeps getting better.
My beef is more with the crossovers themselves - Revolution did not prove to be of any particular quality, and the more crossovers there are the worse the reading order will be for any new readers. The main comic already has you jumping through hoops thanks to Revolution and the three crossovers before it; adding another into the mix so soon is just adding insult to injury.

The comics themselves are good, and I actually feel the shared universe itself is good and has a lot of potential; but the crossovers themselves are easily the worst part of the comics and something I only dread.
Re: IDW Revolutionaries Volume 2: Power and Glory TPB Listed at Amazon.com (1872818)
Posted by Randomhero on April 8th, 2017 @ 1:49pm CDT
Technically we have had event books even before dark Cybertron. 2011 we had the 2 part infestation that dealt with galvatrons return, 2012 were the annuals which was something in their own way due to their impact on both books. 2013 were the spotlights and Dark Cybertron which bled 2014 then followed by the Prime Wars trilogy that will conclude this year or next. So in a point of view we have in a way had a form of an event book in transformers for 6 years.
Re: IDW Revolutionaries Volume 2: Power and Glory TPB Listed at Amazon.com (1872819)
Posted by Kurona on April 8th, 2017 @ 1:53pm CDT
I... guess, but those were completely different creative teams. I don't think it's fair to bundle -ations, AHM, Costa and post-DOOP all together.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Nucleon and Galvatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 05 Voyager Class Movie 2 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Trypticon Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #288 - Filler Episode
Twincast / Podcast #288:
"Filler Episode"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, November 14th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Wingspan Cloudraker Clones Walgreens MISB Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Walgreens Exclusive & Wingspan Cloudraker" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Battle For Cybertron Quintesson Invasion Shockwave Prowl" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers SS-42 soundwave with laser beak Free Shipping w/Tracking# New Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers War for Cybertron Siege - WFC-S20 Deluxe Chromia" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects Piranacon 1 Seacon TT-GS07 Overbite Shark" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series: #60 Scrapper Figure Unopened (Great buy!!)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cybertron - Voyager Class: Vector Prime (2005) Complete" on EBAY