Image Comparing Siege Astrotrain to Titans Return Astrotrain

Transformers News: Image Comparing Siege Astrotrain to Titans Return Astrotrain

Monday, October 7th, 2019 8:05PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 21,607

A lot of people are thinking of replacing their Titans Return Astrotrain with Siege Astrotrain, since that one has alt modes closer to the cartoon. However, that simple swap may not be so simple, when thinking of how all three Decepticon triple changers, which we got in Titans return, match up in height. We got a good in hand look at Siege Astrotrain in the unboxing images we published earlier today, but now we have a comparison image of this Astrotrain next to Takara's version of Titans Return Astrotrain. It comes to us from a fan named Miguel over at Cybertron Cafe. Remember that Astrotrain can be given some platform shoes to stand slightly taller and reach 7 inches (photo shown below as well).

Transformers News: Image Comparing Siege Astrotrain to Titans Return Astrotrain

Transformers News: Image Comparing Siege Astrotrain to Titans Return Astrotrain
Credit(s): Ryan

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Image Comparing Siege Astrotrain to Titans Return Astrotrain (2041140)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on October 7th, 2019 @ 8:13pm CDT
Wow, that is quite the difference there. I'm still probably going to replace TR Astrotrain with Siege Astrotrain. The TR version is just a boring mold to me.
Re: Image Comparing Siege Astrotrain to Titans Return Astrotrain (2041142)
Posted by Ironhidensh on October 7th, 2019 @ 8:17pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:A lot of people are thinking of replacing their Titans Return Astrotrain with Siege Astrotrain, since that one has alt modes closer to the cartoon. However, that simple swap may not be so simple, when thinking of how all three Decepticon triple changers, which we got in Titans return, match up in height. We got a good in hand look at Siege Astrotrain in the unboxing images we published earlier today, but now we have a comparison image of this Astrotrain next to Takara's version of Titans Return Astrotrain. It comes to us from a fan named Ryan over at Cybertron Philippines. Remember that Astrotrain can be given some platform shoes to stand slightly taller and reach 7 inches (photo shown below as well).

:shock:

I.... I really could have done without knowing this.....
Re: Image Comparing Siege Astrotrain to Titans Return Astrotrain (2041143)
Posted by Rainmaker on October 7th, 2019 @ 8:24pm CDT
Well, uh, hm, I wanted Astrotrain but...I'm probably still going to get him but uh, yeah, hmmm...

This is the only siege leader I have concerns with the size

:MAXIMAL:
Re: Image Comparing Siege Astrotrain to Titans Return Astrotrain (2041144)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on October 7th, 2019 @ 8:54pm CDT
Yeah I'm waiting for a bit of a sale. I want him for the train mode but wow he is really short
Re: Image Comparing Siege Astrotrain to Titans Return Astrotrain (2041145)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on October 7th, 2019 @ 9:04pm CDT
I have the Legends version and had wanted the Siege version, but ... huh. Shorter and has a questionable shuttle mode.

But I do like the bot mode better.

Hm.
Re: Image Comparing Siege Astrotrain to Titans Return Astrotrain (2041146)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on October 7th, 2019 @ 9:08pm CDT
I'm probably going to wait for a sale. I'm not that concerned with cartoon accuracy, but I've always loved steam trains, and I do like the spaceship mode. But I already struggle to justify the $50 for the regular leader class figures, so a figure like Astrotrain that isn't that big, doesn't have too many fun gimmicks, and ends up shorter than a voyager from Titans Return doesn't have much of a chance of me getting him at full price.

Though, now I'm concerned about Apeface's height because Astrotrain looks to be a head taller than him, but Siege's Astrotrain is a head shorter than TR Astrotrain... Though, I do admit I never handled the TR Astrotrain mold before, so I don't know if it's taller than the average voyager or not
Re: Image Comparing Siege Astrotrain to Titans Return Astrotrain (2041147)
Posted by william-james88 on October 7th, 2019 @ 9:11pm CDT
Sentinel_Primal wrote:Though, I do admit I never handled the TR Astrotrain mold before, so I don't know if it's taller than the average voyager or not

It always felt rather standard to me.
Re: Image Comparing Siege Astrotrain to Titans Return Astrotrain (2041148)
Posted by triKlops on October 7th, 2019 @ 9:33pm CDT
Just cancelled my Pulse preorder for Astrotrain. The train looks great but that bot mode being so short, even with the lifts, doesn't justify the price tag; in my eyes. i will also keep my eye out for a holiday sale for him and see how low it can go.
Re: Image Comparing Siege Astrotrain to Titans Return Astrotrain (2041151)
Posted by Decepticon Stryker on October 7th, 2019 @ 10:17pm CDT
Huh... guess I'll be waiting for a sale then. I was expecting him to be at least the same size as the TR mold if not bigger. Everything else about him looks phenomenal but that size... eesh.
Re: Image Comparing Siege Astrotrain to Titans Return Astrotrain (2041152)
Posted by Microbot on October 7th, 2019 @ 10:22pm CDT
Easy for me I will keep my pre-order for Siege Astrotrain, it's perfect! :BOWDOWN: :BOWDOWN: :BOWDOWN:
Re: Image Comparing Siege Astrotrain to Titans Return Astrotrain (2041154)
Posted by Archforce on October 7th, 2019 @ 10:33pm CDT
Well, at least that means that Titans Return Sentinel Prime will remain one of the taller figures in my Siege collection.
Re: Image Comparing Siege Astrotrain to Titans Return Astrotrain (2041162)
Posted by Seibertron on October 7th, 2019 @ 11:23pm CDT
SIEGE Leader Class Astrotrain is the Astrotrain for which I've been waiting. He's awesome. He's not 100% perfect. But what Triple Changer is for that matter? He's bulky and very heavy for a "Voyager Class" sized figure. He makes up for lack of height with bulk. The Titans Return Astrotrain was not bulky, was too thin (depth-wise), and was too tall for Astrotrain. The overall toy, including all of his accessories, weighs 10.3 ounces. By comparison, Legends Leader Class Overlord weighs 11.3 ounces and Titans Return Voyager Class Astrotrain weighs 5.7 ounces.

Seibertron.com gallery of Astrotrain will be posted late tomorrow or Wednesday.
Re: Image Comparing Siege Astrotrain to Titans Return Astrotrain (2041163)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 7th, 2019 @ 11:30pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:Seibertron.com gallery of Astrotrain will be posted late tomorrow or Wednesday.
WOO WOO!! :DANCE:
Re: Image Comparing Siege Astrotrain to Titans Return Astrotrain (2041165)
Posted by Ultra Markus on October 7th, 2019 @ 11:38pm CDT
Emerje wrote:
Sideswipe G-Win wrote:Is anyone else unhappy that the Cybertronian look was just dropped in favour of Earth modes? I'm all G1 and I love the new reveals for Earthrise, but I'm really bummed out that most of the G1 Autobot roster won't be finished in the Cybetronian forms. Has there been any word on this from Hasbro? (I'm new, so please no flame-blasts for my not being up to date!) :)

The way things are going I'm guessing the third part will be movie based or later meaning a return to Cybertronian/futuristic alt modes. Whether they did Earthrise now or as the third part with some planet hopping in between they were always going to do Earth based line as part of the trilogy. And really, was anyone expecting mini Masterpieces? I'm very happy with the progression of War for Cybertron.

Emerje

hopefully Earthrise will give us sunstreaker and jazz
Re: Image Comparing Siege Astrotrain to Titans Return Astrotrain (2041174)
Posted by noctorro on October 8th, 2019 @ 1:04am CDT
Wow, he really is small. But Seibertron main dude said he's going to be bulky.

Will get him, and will not replace Titans Return Astrotrain, I got the Hasbro "white" one and love that star-train battleship thing he has. The shuttle mode is also great. Will have to give him a new name. So will be having them both.

I really like that Titans Return mold, Zeta (or Sentinel, for got which one) Prime version is actually one of my fav's. He's easy to transform, great articulation and cool shuttle and battleship mode.

I think they're going to leave Jazz alone for a bit, since he has a Power of the Primes figure.

Hoping for an Earth Rise Bumblebee deluxe sized (with a little addon like Classics 1.0 so the bot himself can be a bit smaller)

Everything Earthrise looks amazing, I was already blown away by Siege but man... they're upping the game even further. That Optimus is pure love, Grapple looks 10/10. Just unpacked Prowl, omg man his transformation... Will get Smokescreen/Silverstreak/Barricade. The lot, all of 'm! Room isn't full yet!
Re: Image Comparing Siege Astrotrain to Titans Return Astrotrain (2041176)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on October 8th, 2019 @ 2:04am CDT
william-james88 wrote:Remember that Astrotrain can be given some platform shoes

Booka-looka-looka-luge.

Sorry I couldn't find the clip.
Re: Image Comparing Siege Astrotrain to Titans Return Astrotrain (2041177)
Posted by logosminor on October 8th, 2019 @ 2:27am CDT

Can I ask the post and story be updated with at least the original FB post and proper credit? Link here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/cybertr ... 025145320/
Re: Image Comparing Siege Astrotrain to Titans Return Astrotrain (2041179)
Posted by SkyFire Prime on October 8th, 2019 @ 5:31am CDT
I think if Astrotrain is one of your favorite characters than the Siege Earthrise mold is what you want. If all you're concerned about is height then yeah TR has that...but it you know what else it has? A titan master head that hides in the back of the ship where there is a carrier style conning tower between 2 tail fins, meanwhile there's an unused space shuttle bridge in the front. Its got lifting body wings providing no lift because directly underneeth are untransformed arms; arms that have battleship cannons. The bot mode has huge feet and a tiny head. Its a mess.

You what it doesn't have? Ankle rockers a real trane mode etc.
Re: Image Comparing Siege Astrotrain to Titans Return Astrotrain (2041180)
Posted by Emerje on October 8th, 2019 @ 6:46am CDT

The Siege figure also comes with a box of weapons that serve triple purposes as a train car, launch pad, and armor. By now we should be used to Leaders being Voyagers with extra gear. Siege Astrotrain is really no different from Shockwave.

Emerje
Re: Image Comparing Siege Astrotrain to Titans Return Astrotrain (2041183)
Posted by Ironhidensh on October 8th, 2019 @ 7:50am CDT
Emerje wrote:People are forgetting that TR Astrotrain is also rather large for a Voyager within that line.

Emerje

Shockwave was over priced as well. >:oP

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - MEGATRON Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #232 - NYCC 2019
"NYCC 2019"
Posted: Sunday, October 6th, 2019

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Class Krok and Quake 100% Complete." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Class Wolfwire and Brainstorm 100% Complete." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Leader Class Overlord" on EBAY
Buy "NEW TRANSFORMERS TITANS RETURN GRAX & SKULLSMASHER DELUXE ACTION FIGURE 2015" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Titans Return Daburu & Twinferno Figure Autobot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Leader Class Sound blaster and Soundwave SEALED" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Breakaway Getaway Loose" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Hasbro Deluxe Class Slugslinger & Caliburst" on EBAY