In-Hand Image: TFSS 2.0 Mystery Figure

In-Hand Image: TFSS 2.0 Mystery Figure

Sunday, July 20th, 2014 8:38am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Collectables, Collector's Club News
Posted by: Mindmaster   Views: 25,628

Good morning, all! Thanks to Kapow Toys via Facebook, an in-hand image of this year's Transformers Subscription Service mystery figure has surfaced, in lieu of its initial leak reported over a week ago. Those who wish to remain spoiler-free of the mystery figure, this is where you get off.

S

...

...

...

...

...

...

As previously stated, this image of TFSS 2.0's mystery figure, Rewind's fellow cassette buddy Eject, comes from Kapow Toys' Facebook. It has been mirrored below for your viewing convenience!

Transformers News: In-Hand Image: TFSS 2.0 Mystery Figure

Credit(s): Kapow Toys via Facebook

This article was last modified on Sunday, July 20th, 2014 9:12am CDT

Re: In-Hand Image: TFSS 2.0 Mystery Figure (1591955)
Posted by ebonyleopard on July 20th, 2014 @ 10:09am CDT
Worst Secret, EVER.

BUT, still glad it's confirmed, because seriously, I need a sports obsessed robo jock in my collection.

Funny how there's been zero fiction about him though from IDW. Is he related to Rewind? Do they even know one another?
Re: In-Hand Image: TFSS 2.0 Mystery Figure (1591957)
Posted by ScottyP on July 20th, 2014 @ 10:35am CDT

Also, 3rd 2.0 Subscription Figure is hitting this week. I saw on Twitter yesterday a dude in TX got his already (then submitted the news to another site, boo!)
Re: In-Hand Image: TFSS 2.0 Mystery Figure (1591964)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on July 20th, 2014 @ 11:07am CDT
Ebonyleopard wrote:Worst Secret, EVER.

This Rewind is actually not IDW Rewind: the comic promoting TFSS 2.0 shows him to be from a strange, maybe parasitic, universe that intersects and adopts elements from the IDW comic. This Eject may be from the same universe, who knows with FunPub fiction?
Re: In-Hand Image: TFSS 2.0 Mystery Figure (1591966)
Posted by xyl360 on July 20th, 2014 @ 11:09am CDT
ScottyP wrote:I never got on the PE 3rd party train for Rumble and Frenzy, got the United tanks instead, so it'll be nice to have them all "match" even though I'm really not a big fan of that mold.

Yep, I've got the tanks too. I'm not too enthused about the mold either, but the Takara decos do make them look pretty decent. I did get one of the third party Rumble's a while back (the purple one that transforms into a G1 Soundwave compatible cassette) but it's not that great. The MP versions are far better in my opinion, but of course they sit on my MP shelf.

As for Eject and Rewind here, I'll most likely be skipping them. I didn't sign up for the TFCCSS (whoa, that's a lot of letters :P) this year because there were only 2 figures I really wanted (Thrustinator and Barricade) and I ordered them on BBTS.

Rewind looks OK, but not $80 OK and since this guy will probably go for similar prices, I think I'll just skip em' both. I'm not too hard up for Classics Autobot Cassettes anyway. I'm still hoping Blaster and his minions get the MP treatment someday.

Re: In-Hand Image: TFSS 2.0 Mystery Figure (1591971)
Posted by Flashwave on July 20th, 2014 @ 11:18am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Ebonyleopard wrote:Worst Secret, EVER.

Well, the comic did say it was entangled with another, but I on't know if they meant the IDW verse or the Prime verse, which this also seems to mirror...

But anyway, let's call this repurposing and have it done, kinda like SG Tracks. Surely I'm not the only one who is waiting for Crosscut to have his bodyguard... right? right? uh oh...
xyl360 wrote:

What is it no one likes about the tank mold? My biggest gripe with it is the spring loaded poounders don't lock in on vehicle mode, but other than that I thought it was a wonderful homage, especially considering GDO Laserbeak is a drone as well. And then there's the MQ9 Reaper Soundwave, and the F117 Soundblaster he upgrades into. 'll admit, I'm not fond of this mold for Rewind but I have a hard time arguing with that head, and its a more play-worthy figure than the FOC versions.

Be nice if Eject would show up as a reporter working for Circuit, too.
Re: In-Hand Image: TFSS 2.0 Mystery Figure (1591972)
Posted by ScottyP on July 20th, 2014 @ 11:20am CDT
xyl360 wrote:It is really neat that the Club is importing these molds though, as this will be the first experience with it (and others like Jet Vehicon for Botcon) for a lot of people so for many, these are practically new/original molds.

They do this quite often and it's great, definitely something that they get right. Thrustinator is another very recent example of this.
Re: In-Hand Image: TFSS 2.0 Mystery Figure (1591975)
Posted by xyl360 on July 20th, 2014 @ 11:27am CDT
Flashwave wrote:
xyl360 wrote:

What is it no one likes about the tank mold?

I can't speak for anyone else, but what bugs me most are the alt mode which looks pretty unconvincing as a tank and the limbs of the bot mode. They're just a bit too lanky for me and the forearms/hands don't look that great. They feel kinda like old Energon molds to me rather than United/Generations.
Re: In-Hand Image: TFSS 2.0 Mystery Figure (1591982)
Posted by Moonshot on July 20th, 2014 @ 12:02pm CDT
ScottyP wrote:I'm actually pretty excited for Eject and Rewind. I never got on the PE 3rd party train for Rumble and Frenzy, got the United tanks instead, so it'll be nice to have them all "match" even though I'm really not a big fan of that mold.

Finally #3 Thrustinator is on his way and we are closer to Chromedome and Treadshot. On the cassette stuff, I like Rewind as a mini-tank for just the reference in MTMTE where he jokes about being one. The only other cassettes I have are Rumble(blue) and Buzzsaw masterpiece who hang out with GO! BH Soundwave(I know some will not approve lol)
Re: In-Hand Image: TFSS 2.0 Mystery Figure (1591986)
Posted by shajaki on July 20th, 2014 @ 12:17pm CDT
well, im happy they didnt pull a "seekers" on us for these two. pricey yes, but worth while to me :D
Re: In-Hand Image: TFSS 2.0 Mystery Figure (1591994)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on July 20th, 2014 @ 1:03pm CDT
Is this like some sort of post we've seen already from LOST Cybertronian?
Re: In-Hand Image: TFSS 2.0 Mystery Figure (1591997)
Posted by durroth on July 20th, 2014 @ 1:07pm CDT
Funpub should have bargained with hasbro for eject to come with the footballs they made for calvin johnson megatron. you have to figure if it was part of the mold from the start there are a crapload of plastic footballs lying around the hasbro factories from the normal megatrons, and if it was a separate mold cranking out enough for the TFSS shouldn't have been too hard considering it's just a football
Re: In-Hand Image: TFSS 2.0 Mystery Figure (1591999)
Posted by morqubus on July 20th, 2014 @ 1:19pm CDT
One of the worst kept secrets off all time.
Re: In-Hand Image: TFSS 2.0 Mystery Figure (1592000)
Posted by morqubus on July 20th, 2014 @ 1:19pm CDT
One of the worst kept secrets off all time.
Re: In-Hand Image: TFSS 2.0 Mystery Figure (1592010)
Posted by Flashwave on July 20th, 2014 @ 2:05pm CDT
morqubus wrote:One of the worst kept secrets off all time.

Not worst kept, just predicted. We know FunPub has a limited number of molds to use and a goal to get as much maximum profit out of them as they can (with a few obvious repaints they failed to pick up the ball on...) Dang right they;re gonna make the obvious repaint. The only question, would be was it Eject, Rosanne/Flip Sides (which wiukd be cool considering she shares the con mold...), or Solarbot?
Re: In-Hand Image: TFSS 2.0 Mystery Figure (1592016)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 20th, 2014 @ 2:44pm CDT
OptimalOptimus2 wrote:Is this like some sort of post we've seen already from LOST Cybertronian?

New image, but as was said before, we're following the wishes of FunPub and those who'd like to be surprised and issuing spoiler warnings. >:oP
Re: In-Hand Image: TFSS 2.0 Mystery Figure (1592056)
Posted by Optimizzy on July 20th, 2014 @ 6:43pm CDT
Re: In-Hand Image: TFSS 2.0 Mystery Figure (1592059)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 20th, 2014 @ 6:53pm CDT
Optimizzy wrote:I wish these molds had been released in the US WITHOUT being Subscription service.
Purple Demolition Rumble was supposed to be released in the Reveal the Shield line, but the DOTM and Prime toylines were on the horizon at the time and more stores were itching to get to selling those instead of more Reveal the Shield stuff.
Re: In-Hand Image: TFSS 2.0 Mystery Figure (1592079)
Posted by Optimizzy on July 20th, 2014 @ 9:01pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

I know. That sucked. A big disappointment for me. Especially because DOTM was so blah
Re: In-Hand Image: TFSS 2.0 Mystery Figure (1592247)
Posted by Va'al on July 21st, 2014 @ 12:08pm CDT
Thanks to fellow Seibertron.com member and podcaster xRotorstormx, we can confirm that the TFCC Subscription Service 2.0 Thrustinator figures are now arriving for those who purchased them! So keep an eye on your mailboxes, and compare what you're about to get with the Seibertron.com gallery of the figure here.

Re: In-Hand Image: TFSS 2.0 Mystery Figure (1592277)
Posted by durroth on July 21st, 2014 @ 1:31pm CDT
got mine today. only problems so far are the knees being too loose, the legs not pegging into themselves tightly in robot mode (the holes for the pegs are way too big for the pegs), and an instruction sheet that doesn't give you adequate instructions for transforming him properly to beast mode. does anyone have the original dirgegun instructions? I really need a scan of those

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Wreck-Gar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Nightbeat" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Transformers Timelines #3 Botcon 2008 Shattered Glass VF/NM" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Collaborative: Back to the Future Mash-Up Gigawatt" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Starscream 9" Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RID Robots i Disguise animated toy lot Bumblebee Fixit" on EBAY
Buy "Toy Factory TRANSFORMERS Bumblebee And Optimus Prime Plush" on EBAY