In-Hand Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Elita-1

Transformers News: In-Hand Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Elita-1

Sunday, February 11th, 2018 9:26PM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Qwan   Views: 13,812

Hot on the heels of the in-hand images of Power of the Primes Voyager Hun-Gurr from Wave 2, we have more photos to share - this time of Hun-Gurr's wavemate, Elita-1! These images come to us thanks to user RickyLeeSTF on the TFW2005 boards.

Despite sharing a mold with Starscream from Wave 1 of the line, these images show us that she possesses quite a few changes from her mold-mate. The robot mode's silhouette is similar but otherwise a lot of the detailing looks fairly different, be it due to molding or color decisions. Even her jet and combiner modes are distinct from Starscream's, not least thanks to the changes to her wings. Speaking of her combiner-torso mode we can also see, for certain this time, that Elita-1's combiner head is more or less just a larger (albeit ever-so-slightly stylized) version of her own robot head; not even the addition of a crown like Starscream's graces the design.

What are your thoughts on Elita-1 based on these images? Does you like her better, worse, or the same as Starscream? How many stickers is too many stickers? Sound off in the Energon Pub Forums, and as always stay tuned to Seibertron.com for your daily requirement of Transformers news!

Transformers News: In-Hand Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Elita-1
Transformers News: In-Hand Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Elita-1
Transformers News: In-Hand Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Elita-1
Transformers News: In-Hand Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Elita-1
Transformers News: In-Hand Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Elita-1
Credit(s): RickyLeeSTF

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Elita-1 (1937871)
Posted by Quantum Surge on February 11th, 2018 @ 9:34pm CST
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Elita-1 (1937872)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on February 11th, 2018 @ 9:36pm CST
Acesmcgee wrote:I'm sure it was probably mentioned before, but those are TR Scourge guns on her shoulders, correct?

Incorrect.

They are somewhat similar in shape, but mostr accessories like guns can't be freely switched out between figures due to the parts gang-molded with them.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Elita-1 (1937873)
Posted by william-james88 on February 11th, 2018 @ 9:38pm CST
Quantum Surge wrote:If you remove the bulk of her forearms, and gave her some new weapons that aren't on her shoulders, then I think she might make a good figure in bot mode. Jet mode is still too similar to Screamer, and I don't plan on using her in a similar looking torso mode yet.

Agreed on all accounts!
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Elita-1 (1937875)
Posted by Qwan on February 11th, 2018 @ 9:45pm CST
william-james88 wrote:I really wish those gauntlets were a different colour than the forearms. I still have issues with these proportions. And I think the combiner torso is super lame, especially how the head is basically the same as her normal head. At least Starscream had that crown to give it a different look.

Agreed on most of these points, and yet... I'm really digging Elita-1 actually! I probably won't be a huge fan of the combined mode, and jet mode is likely gonna suck for me once I actually get it in hand, but that robot is really appealing to me right now! I mean, some of it might be the comparison to Screamy McScreamFace that's making her seem so good, but I dunno, something about the little design changes just works perfectly for me so far :x
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Elita-1 (1937876)
Posted by TulioDude on February 11th, 2018 @ 9:47pm CST
The proportions dont bother me as much as their did with Starscream.
It might because of the head position.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Elita-1 (1937877)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on February 11th, 2018 @ 9:55pm CST
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:The only problem I have with Hun-Gurr's torso mode is that the stickers for the sides of the combiner chest are a terrible color match for the purple paint used. That's a double fail, for me. They should have just painted those parts to match the rest of the chest if they couldn't get the stickers to even look close to the right color. I bet there are deco artists at Takara Tomy right now who are just loosing their **** over these compromises, lol!

Elita-1 looks fantastic, though. At least her stickers seem to match the colors of her plastics and paint apps fairly well. I love the sculpting too. She's got so much character! She's a much better use of the base mold/engineering than Starscream. Here's hoping we get Greenlight and Lancer in 2019 to round out the cast of Season 2 Female Autobots, A.K.A., Alpha Trion's Angels.

Pretty sure the stickers on the necks of the dragon mode (those ones, right?) are supposed to be red, why? dunno, but, they look to be red, and don't seem to have been intended to blend in with the purple paint >:oP

The red color seems to come from old sticker details from the G1 toy on the sides of the beast mode necks. I still think Hasbro should have gone with purple to complete the color and shape of the original combiner mode chest. Having red detailing on the sides of the combiner chest is something that's accurate to neither the G1 toy nor the G1 cartoon. For a combiner, I think the most important consideration is the accuracy of the combined mode, not the alt mode. They could have used purple stickers (or better yet, paint!) for the beast mode necks and I bet no one would have complained one bit.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Elita-1 (1937878)
Posted by Emerje on February 11th, 2018 @ 10:06pm CST

Basically the same? They're only vaguely the same. The combiner head doesn't even have the round things iconic to Elita-1, instead she has a bunch of lines and doesn't seem to be based on anything specific.

I think the thick arms are like one of those exercises in perception where you either see an old lady or a young woman in a picture. It's clear that there's a group of people that can't see the armor on the arms of Starscream and Elita-1 as anything but part of the arm because of the color, while another group (that I'm a part of) has no problem seeing the extra armor as separate from her actual arm. I'm guessing the designers saw it that way as well, otherwise they would have sculpted (or even painted) a thicker line between the two parts.

Emerje
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Elita-1 (1937879)
Posted by Wolfguard on February 11th, 2018 @ 10:10pm CST
I like it. I'm surprised they went with a Sukhoi 37 for the jet, but it's a nice surprise; Russian aircraft are pretty cool.

:BOT:
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Elita-1 (1937880)
Posted by Emerje on February 11th, 2018 @ 10:12pm CST
Wolfman Jake wrote:They could have used purple stickers (or better yet, paint!) for the beast mode necks and I bet no one would have complained one bit.

Better yet, red on the outside of his legs/dragon necks (which appear on Abominus' back) and purple on the inside so they appear on Abominus' chest. This way you get accuracy in all modes. If we're lucky ToyHax will correct this.

Emerje
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Elita-1 (1937881)
Posted by Qwan on February 11th, 2018 @ 10:16pm CST
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

I'd say "vaguely the same" is Hun-Gurr to Abominus. He's a roboman with a visor and a helmet with a little crest-thing (and a long nose and pouty lips), and his face is purple. Elita-1's heads share the same basic silhouette, the same color layout, the same eye shape and color even (which I think actually matters a lot when it comes to heads and faces looking similar). The biggest differences I can see are the single pointy bit on top of the combiner's head, and the lack of circles (which personally I'd never seen noticed before now, let alone would I call them iconic). I stand by my own assessment of the combiner head being a "slightly stylized" version of Elita's own.

Elita's arms I can see either way if I try hard, but for me what makes them okay is that at least her hands are a different color. Starscream really bothered me with his all-one-color forearms that made him look like the Hulk had ingested a can of spinach, but with different-colored hands I can see the forearms as big bulky gauntlets instead of just being giant forearms.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Elita-1 (1937882)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on February 11th, 2018 @ 10:18pm CST
I was just thinking. We haven't seen listings yet for the Terrorcons in Takara's Power of the Primes line-up for later this year. There's still a chance they might save them for a revival of the Unite Warriors line, possibly as a Takara Tomy Mall exclusive release. The Dinobots were never a classic combiner, so it's possible Takara doesn't have as much interest as far as what Volcanicus "should" look like. However, for Abominus, they may consider him important enough to "do it right," even if it means as a higher-priced exclusive release. Just some food for thought!
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Elita-1 (1937884)
Posted by SureShot18 on February 11th, 2018 @ 10:28pm CST
After being disinterested in most of PotP so far, this Elita One looks pretty good. She still has most of Starscream’s problems but she certainly is letting them hold her down. Hopefully we get some more photos soon.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Elita-1 (1937886)
Posted by bodrock on February 11th, 2018 @ 10:42pm CST
Jim Maximus wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Jim Maximus wrote:Picked mine up this morning here in Oregon.

Did you see anything else from POTP wave 2?

Rated X wrote:The whole point of chug is to give us the toys from the cartoon we never had.

Nope. The whole point of CHUG is to have toys on the shelves in between films and tv show based lines to keep brand awareness.

What is included in a CHUG line or how the toys look will change depending on which designer is in charge of the line, there is no set rule.

There were two Hun-Grrs and two Elita-1 toys in my local Walmart. There was also the leader class Optimus Prime (I bought him last month) and the Rodimus Unicronus (spelled right I hope).

THE HUNT IS ON! Too bad my week looks terrible with workshops. ;_;
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Elita-1 (1937888)
Posted by Emerje on February 11th, 2018 @ 10:50pm CST
Qwan wrote:
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

I'm not sure if vague even describes how slight those similarities are. ;)

[quote]Elita-1's heads share the same basic silhouette, the same color layout, the same eye shape and color even (which I think actually matters a lot when it comes to heads and faces looking similar).[/quote]
I guess my definition of "vague" is different from others since these are things I would describe on the overall head (the shape is similar, but sculpted very differently) as vaguely similar since...

[quote]The biggest differences I can see are the single pointy bit on top of the combiner's head, and the lack of circles (which personally I'd never seen noticed before now, let alone would I call them iconic).[/quote]
These are things I see as more obviously different between the two, especially when you add the different shaped forehead "light".

Just because you never noticed the circles before doesn't make them any less an integral part of her design. The circles can be found in pretty much every piece of official art, new and old.

This figure is the only time I can think of them not being used in her head design (even the art for the Thunderblast repaint above added them).

Emerje
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Elita-1 (1937891)
Posted by Qwan on February 11th, 2018 @ 11:00pm CST
Emerje wrote:
Qwan wrote:

I'm not sure if vague even describes how slight those similarities are. ;)

[snip]

Emerje[/quote]
Hmmn, I see your point. I guess I am just unobservant then :-D I'd still say that, since Elita's actual head shape is so distinctive, it overrides the presence/absence of any other details because just those general shapes so clearly signal the one particular character to me.

But on the other hand, I can totally see now why you think they look different! In that case, I'm glad for you since you aren't bothered by "same-head syndrome" like some of us are. I envy you in fact :lol:
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Elita-1 (1937897)
Posted by Emerje on February 11th, 2018 @ 11:15pm CST
Qwan wrote:I envy you in fact :lol:

Thanks, I don't mind being easily pleased. ;)^ The same arguments could be made about CW Optimus Prime. As long as they aren't doing a total duplication I'm fine with a few similarities.

Emerje
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Elita-1 (1937908)
Posted by Bounti76 on February 12th, 2018 @ 1:22am CST
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Elita-1 (1937911)
Posted by Qwan on February 12th, 2018 @ 1:37am CST
Bounti76 wrote:Curious to know if anyone else thinks or has noticed this: While the toy is labeled as "Elita-1", her name is more commonly spelled as "Elita One"; at least it has been in IDW, which has been her largest role in fiction to date. Anyway, I wonder if the reasoning behind this is because of the stickers and tampos on her jet mode looking "cooler" or "better" as E1 on the jet parts that end up next to her combined mode head, rather than as EO, which would just look odd. Thoughts?

Elita One's name just goes through hell on a regular basis. Her names have apparently ranged from the most common 'Elita One', to 'Elita-One' and 'Elita-1', to insanity like 'Eleta-1' and "Aleta-1'.

Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Elita-1 (1937912)
Posted by Emerje on February 12th, 2018 @ 1:49am CST
Qwan wrote:As for how they chose this one, who knows? Hasbro probably has a hat with all her different names in there, and they just pull out a random piece of paper each time they want to use the character :lol:

Probably not too far off, just depends on which one they can get the trademark on at any given time.

Emerje
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Elita-1 (1937939)
Posted by ZeroWolf on February 12th, 2018 @ 7:47am CST
Elita is looking pretty nice I must say, though I'll reserve final judgement till I see in hand pictures of her combined mode with limbs.

@black hat's epic response :applause:
Transformers products from AMAZON

Featured Products

You save: 47%
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Skywarp Action Figure" on AMAZON
You save: 43%
You save: 32%
You save: 31%
Buy "TRANSFORMERS MP29(Masterpiece) Defense adviser"Laser Wave" Japan figure/" on AMAZON
You save: 21%