In-Hand - Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Autobot Hot Rod and Twinferno

In-Hand - Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Autobot Hot Rod and Twinferno

Saturday, October 22nd, 2016 4:50am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 44,740

From the Transformers Titans Return line, and weibo user wujingguang, we have some close-up images of the upcoming Autobot Hot Rod and Twinferno deluxe figures, complete with their Titan Masters, and shown off in both robot and vehicle/beast mode! You can check out the images below, and join the discussion in the Energon Pub.

Transformers News: In-Hand - Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Rodimus and Twinferno

Credit(s): Weibo wujingguang

This article was last modified on Saturday, October 22nd, 2016 9:04am CDT

Re: In-Hand - Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Autobot Hot Rod and Twinferno (1835573)
Posted by steve2275 on October 22nd, 2016 @ 5:03am CDT
hey all right
Re: In-Hand - Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Autobot Hot Rod and Twinferno (1835575)
Posted by Rainmaker on October 22nd, 2016 @ 5:22am CDT

:MAXIMAL:
Re: In-Hand - Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Autobot Hot Rod and Twinferno (1835578)
Posted by NovamusPrime3 on October 22nd, 2016 @ 6:51am CDT
Yes! I was right I know how the back section transforms you have to pull it out then there's a mushroom peg you have to twist it around on then it is flat like in the box.
Re: In-Hand - Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Autobot Hot Rod and Twinferno (1835579)
Posted by ThunderThruster on October 22nd, 2016 @ 7:01am CDT
Maximal Rainmaker wrote:Hot Rod looks amazing, not to sure about Twinferno and his arms though. Too bad we didn't get to see their titanmasters.

:MAXIMAL:

I'm the opposite. I think Twinferno looks awesome, but Hot Rod is kinda Meh
Re: In-Hand - Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Autobot Hot Rod and Twinferno (1835583)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on October 22nd, 2016 @ 7:47am CDT
Seems like the yellow spoiler clashes with the orange on the rest of Rodimus.
Re: In-Hand - Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Autobot Hot Rod and Twinferno (1835590)
Posted by Nexus Knight on October 22nd, 2016 @ 8:25am CDT

Seems like the yellow spoiler clashes with the orange on the rest of Rodimus.

Da freak? The spoiler is like, a Hot Rod classic. Every Roddy (except now Movie Hot Rod) featured it. And I really really don't see the orange there. He's red, I'm pretty sure.
Re: In-Hand - Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Autobot Hot Rod and Twinferno (1835598)
Posted by Va'al on October 22nd, 2016 @ 9:03am CDT
Nexus Knight wrote:Hate to nitpick, but if I don't bring this out, my brother will have a hissy fit (being a big Hot Rod person). The article calls Roddy "Rodimus". It's actually "Autobot Hot Rod". Small nitpick, but it's been forever since we've gotten a toy named Hot Rod.

You know, I checked three times to make sure I had the right name (I mix them up sometimes if I'm not newsing three weeks' straight) and I thought I had the right one. Clearly not! Thanks! :D
Re: In-Hand - Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Autobot Hot Rod and Twinferno (1835599)
Posted by Kyleor on October 22nd, 2016 @ 9:15am CDT
Anyone else notice Voltron in the background?
Re: In-Hand - Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Autobot Hot Rod and Twinferno (1835603)
Posted by no-one on October 22nd, 2016 @ 9:37am CDT
Kyleor wrote:Anyone else notice Voltron in the background?
Yup; the second thing I noticed just after how good Hot Rod looked.

Twinferno looks good but I'm not feeling his dark crystal muppet hands.
Re: In-Hand - Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Autobot Hot Rod and Twinferno (1835607)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 22nd, 2016 @ 10:13am CDT
Nexus Knight wrote:
Seems like the yellow spoiler clashes with the orange on the rest of Rodimus.

He means the bright and loud yellow color of the spoiler clashes with the more subtle and faded orange color of Hot Rod's thighs, fists, chest, shoulder joints, and other little pieces since faded orange, not bright yellow, is this Hot Rod's toy secondary color.
Re: In-Hand - Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Autobot Hot Rod and Twinferno (1835608)
Posted by Noideaforaname on October 22nd, 2016 @ 10:31am CDT
Twinferno would be perfect if he had wrist swivels. Still, he's an absolute must-buy as it is.

His crotch looks like a sad anime octopus...
Re: In-Hand - Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Autobot Hot Rod and Twinferno (1835610)
Posted by Cobotron on October 22nd, 2016 @ 10:38am CDT
carytheone wrote: dark crystal muppet hands.
Boy! When you word it like that I get even more excited about him. :lol:
It's a Beast Wars thang. It might grow on you.

So, in all my 22 years of adult toy collecting, I have never had the dream scenario of walking into a store/toy aisle to find an employee unpacking the thing I'm after. Until last night!

The irony is, neither of these are for me.

These two are for some bros who have no access to Walgreens. I have the SDCC version which does the job just fine.
Re: In-Hand - Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Autobot Hot Rod and Twinferno (1835611)
Posted by Bumblebee21 on October 22nd, 2016 @ 10:42am CDT
dang you cobo
Re: In-Hand - Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Autobot Hot Rod and Twinferno (1835614)
Posted by ebo716 on October 22nd, 2016 @ 10:52am CDT
Re: In-Hand - Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Autobot Hot Rod and Twinferno (1835629)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on October 22nd, 2016 @ 11:29am CDT
The only thing I don't care for on the Hot Rod figure is the gigantic shoulders. Otherwise it's acceptable.
Cobotron wrote:Image

I'd like to see comparison shots with Generations Voyager Brainstorm.
Re: In-Hand - Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Autobot Hot Rod and Twinferno (1835632)
Posted by Cobotron on October 22nd, 2016 @ 11:33am CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:I'd like to see comparison shots with Generations Voyager Brainstorm.

Here you go, partner! ;)^
Re: In-Hand - Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Autobot Hot Rod and Twinferno (1835634)
Posted by nycPrime on October 22nd, 2016 @ 11:43am CDT
Dang Cobo! I tried 2 this morning and no luck.
Re: In-Hand - Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Autobot Hot Rod and Twinferno (1835638)
Posted by william-james88 on October 22nd, 2016 @ 12:01pm CDT
ebo716 wrote:Everyone is talking about wave three yet I have not seen anything from wave two other than the legends class

Dont worry they will come, they've all been bought by the big stores so its only a matter of time before they release them. They are trickling out slowly in Canada too with Wave 2 deluxes finally being found at walmart.

The states will get them too, its just taking time. However, Wave 2 taking time to show up means we probably wont see wave 3 until 2017 (my guess).

Nexus Knight wrote: it's been forever since we've gotten a toy named Hot Rod.

It just happened earlier this year:

I think its all due to getting the name back for the film:

So be ready for a lot of more toys called hot rod.

The person was talking about colours clashing only.
Re: In-Hand - Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Autobot Hot Rod and Twinferno (1835651)
Posted by Kurona on October 22nd, 2016 @ 12:26pm CDT
Shame about him not looking more like his MTMTE self, but I can of course understand why and he'll be good enough for my shelf if Chromedome is. Tall shoulders really help with that.
Re: In-Hand - Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Autobot Hot Rod and Twinferno (1835653)
Posted by Evil Eye on October 22nd, 2016 @ 12:29pm CDT
Hot Rod looks good but goddamnit I wish this fad of hollow weapons would end already. At least put hatches on them like on Hardhead if you're going to do this so they don't look awful all the time. On the plus side, provided I can get good at 3D modelling I could make a killing selling ammo/tech detail block things on Shapeways to fill in all the hollow bits on these weapons.

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Voyager Inferno Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Siege & Earthrise Barricade - Nonnef Upgrade Kit" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Siege Bluestreak - Custom Nonnef Upgrade" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers TCG - (TW4) Wave 4 War for Cybertron: Siege II Omega Supreme Tank" on EBAY
Buy "IDW ROM VS TRANSFORMERS : SHINING ARMOR #2 C COVER : NM CONDITION" on EBAY
Buy "IDW ROM VS TRANSFORMERS : SHINING ARMOR #3 : 2 COVERS BUNDLE : B + C : NM" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Original Transformer Autobots “Trailbreaker" - 1984 - Black 4wd" on EBAY
Buy "IDW ROM VS TRANSFORMERS : SHINING ARMOR #2 A COVER : NM CONDITION" on EBAY