Lost Light #1 exclusive cover from RIPT Apparel

Lost Light #1 exclusive cover from RIPT Apparel

Tuesday, December 6th, 2016 2:19pm CST

Categories: Comic Book News, Press Releases
Posted by: Kurona   Views: 30,034

Think IDW's first issue to their new comic series Lost Light; the sequel to the critically-acclaimed More Than Meets The Eye penned by James Roberts can't get any more covers? Well, think again! Straight from RIPT Apparel - the company responsible for the awesome MTMTE/My Chemical Romance shirt earlier this year and another exclusive cover for Optimus Prime #1 - comes a new exclusive cover for Lost Light's first issue; featuring Team Rodimus guns blazing in an epic homage to the iconic poster for 1986's The Transformers: The Movie. Check the full cover out below and tell us what you think in the forums!

Transformers News: Lost Light #1 exclusive cover from RIPT Apparel

This article was last modified on Monday, December 12th, 2016 11:56am CST

Re: Lost Light #1 exclusive cover from RIPT Apparel (1845763)
Posted by Kurona on December 6th, 2016 @ 2:22pm CST
Only thing it needs is More Nightbeat
Re: Lost Light #1 exclusive cover from RIPT Apparel (1845765)
Posted by Ultra Magnus on December 6th, 2016 @ 2:29pm CST
Beautiful. now if I can just get caught up on Revolution...
8-)
Re: Lost Light #1 exclusive cover from RIPT Apparel (1845767)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on December 6th, 2016 @ 2:45pm CST
Re: Lost Light #1 exclusive cover from RIPT Apparel (1845772)
Posted by ricemazter on December 6th, 2016 @ 3:02pm CST
Rodimus Knight wrote:I actually don't like the IDW stories. I stopped reading them altogether, but I have bought issues for the cover art, and this will probably be one of them. It's nicely done, but I am wondering about the colors? Is this related to Shattered Glass somehow

Do you mean Hot Rod's colors? We don't know yet what they mean. So far all of the covers featuring him have had him as blue instead of red for some reason that I imagine will be explained once the issue launches.
Re: Lost Light #1 exclusive cover from RIPT Apparel (1845774)
Posted by steve2275 on December 6th, 2016 @ 3:02pm CST

not that ive seen
Re: Lost Light #1 exclusive cover from RIPT Apparel (1845780)
Posted by Optimizzy on December 6th, 2016 @ 3:53pm CST
I'm not digging Rodimus as purple. Just not.
Re: Lost Light #1 exclusive cover from RIPT Apparel (1845788)
Posted by o.supreme on December 6th, 2016 @ 4:38pm CST
holy moly! An actual Transformation on page 2!!! Looks like they finally remembered. ;)^
Re: Lost Light #1 exclusive cover from RIPT Apparel (1845792)
Posted by WreckerJack on December 6th, 2016 @ 4:49pm CST
Kurona wrote:So in case you couldn't tell from my heavily biased news piece, I'm absolutely in love with this cover. I need it hung up on my wall :x
Only thing it needs is More Nightbeat

You read my mind about Nightbeat!

I want Roddy's colors to go back, he looks either emo or Decepticon. I guess I can tolerate it but I just miss the red and gold. It suits his personality better I think.
Re: Lost Light #1 exclusive cover from RIPT Apparel (1845875)
Posted by leokearon on December 7th, 2016 @ 1:06am CST
That movie inspire cover is awesome, shame I can't get it. Also where's Domey?
Re: Lost Light #1 exclusive cover from RIPT Apparel (1845891)
Posted by Kurona on December 7th, 2016 @ 5:43am CST
leokearon wrote:That movie inspire cover is awesome, shame I can't get it. Also where's Domey?

Yeah, I found it weird that Rewind's in a group shot but not Domey. And Cyclonus without Tailgate.
Lovers' quarrels I guess.
Re: Lost Light #1 exclusive cover from RIPT Apparel (1845958)
Posted by VanOscuro on December 7th, 2016 @ 12:09pm CST
I really want to know why Rodimus has Shattered Glass colors. I mean, he can't be SG Rodimus, cause no goatee.
Re: Lost Light #1 exclusive cover from RIPT Apparel (1845960)
Posted by Coptur on December 7th, 2016 @ 12:11pm CST
Its actually closer to Black Rodimus Convoy colours

Re: Lost Light #1 exclusive cover from RIPT Apparel (1845964)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on December 7th, 2016 @ 12:18pm CST
Well, Lost Light #1 is released in a week, so we'll find out soon enough!
Re: Lost Light #1 exclusive cover from RIPT Apparel (1845997)
Posted by Javelin on December 7th, 2016 @ 3:45pm CST
Optimizzy wrote:I'm not digging Rodimus as purple. Just not.

He's not the same without the flames. For some odd reason, he looks more like a teenager now.
Re: Lost Light #1 exclusive cover from RIPT Apparel (1846243)
Posted by Starscream on December 8th, 2016 @ 4:41pm CST
Hey guys, the comics are available for purchase now! Order today and get them by release date!!!

PRE-ORDER
Re: Lost Light #1 exclusive cover from RIPT Apparel (1846247)
Posted by Kurona on December 8th, 2016 @ 4:58pm CST
Remember that awesome RIPT-exclusive cover for IDW's More Than Meets The Eye sequel Lost Light #1 from yesterday? Well, if you liked it, good news - RIPT has not only revealed their lineart for it, but they've put up Lost Light #1 with that exclusive cover up for pre-order! Not only that, but you can also pre-order Optimus Prime #1 - IDW's sequel to Robots in Disguise/The Transformers - with their exclusive cover in the same place, or both in a bundle for a slightly reduced price. You can pre-order both here, and take a look at the lineart below! And, as always, don't forget to drop a comment in the forums!

Re: Lost Light #1 exclusive cover from RIPT Apparel (1846249)
Posted by steve2275 on December 8th, 2016 @ 5:02pm CST
sweeet lines
Re: Lost Light #1 exclusive cover from RIPT Apparel (1846295)
Posted by Starscream on December 8th, 2016 @ 7:29pm CST
They also posted line art for Optimus Prime #1

Re: Lost Light #1 exclusive cover from RIPT Apparel (1846354)
Posted by steve2275 on December 8th, 2016 @ 11:51pm CST
optimus primelines
Re: Lost Light #1 exclusive cover from RIPT Apparel (1846488)
Posted by WreckerJack on December 10th, 2016 @ 4:00pm CST
Man oh man if I had a printer I would color the heck out of these!

Coloring is relaxing, don't judge me!

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Roadburn" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #262 - Generational Taxonomy
"Generational Taxonomy"
Posted: Sunday, October 25th, 2020

Buy "Hasbro Transformers 2 Revenge of the Fallen Movie Exclusive Legends War for the" on EBAY
Buy "NEW MD-01 Megatron (MISB) Transformers (2003) Takara Japanese version" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends LG10 Arcee (MISB)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2011 DOTM Fireburst Optimus Prime b (incomplete) Dark of the Moon" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Q Transformers QT18 Nemesis Prime Figure New from Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Q Transformers QT02 Bumblebee Figure 2014 Camaro Concept New" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Deadlock" on EBAY
Buy "ELITA-1 GENERATIONS Transformers Figure In Box Brand New POWER OF THE PRIMES" on EBAY