Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Final Script Complete

Sunday, January 31st, 2016 2:38am CST

Categories: Cartoon News, People News, Digital Media News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 44,916

From the gang of writers over at the Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars animated series, we have an update on the status of the scripts and writing for the show: all scripts are in, and Eric Calderon, George Krstic and FJ DeSanto have been shooting some behind the scenes material, probably for both promotion and extra additions to the show! No news yet on the animation side of things, but we will update you as soon as we know.

The TRANSFORMERS are coming to Machinima. In an agreement between Machinima and Hasbro, the TRANSFORMERS world will be brought to life on the many2many programming service that kicks off right smack in the middle of The Combiner Wars. The series introduces new lore and all-new characters that, combined with the characters fans have known for decades, will bring the TRANSFORMERS storytelling in a new direction as the Machinima series will deliver raging action and signature humor to legions of TRANSFORMERS fans.

Transformers News: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Final Script Complete

Transformers News: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Final Script Complete

Transformers News: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Final Script Complete

Transformers News: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Final Script Complete

Credit(s): Eric Calderon, George Krstic

Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Final Script Complete (1761266)
Posted by Deadput on January 31st, 2016 @ 4:06am CST
I've heard rumors this is only going to be a 70 minute film.

I doubt since I remember Hasbro saying this was going to be a series but whatever just saying what I hear.
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Final Script Complete (1761276)
Posted by Va'al on January 31st, 2016 @ 5:00am CST
Deadput wrote:I've heard rumors this is only going to be a 70 minute film.

That last photo has episode 6 and 7 labels in it. I'd rather believe the actual writers, at this stage.
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Final Script Complete (1761396)
Posted by Deadput on January 31st, 2016 @ 2:14pm CST
Va'al wrote:

Just noticed that thank you for pointing that out that puts that theory down.

Remember kids don't believe everything someone tells you unless you know it's true.
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Final Script Complete (1761536)
Posted by Zeedust on January 31st, 2016 @ 9:13pm CST
What are the odds of this being released before the shift to "Titans Return"? Ever since Hasbro announced this, I've been thinking they might not have left Machinima enough time for it. Hopefully I'll be proven wrong.

On a side note, what's on Thundercracker's head in that first pic?
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Final Script Complete (1761539)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 31st, 2016 @ 9:16pm CST
Nemesis Primal wrote:On a side note, what's on Thundercracker's head in that first pic?
I'm not sure, but to me, it's looks like a Bionicle mask.
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Final Script Complete (1761613)
Posted by o.supreme on February 1st, 2016 @ 9:20am CST
Deadput wrote:
Va'al wrote:

Just noticed that thank you for pointing that out that puts that theory down.

Not necessarily... Remember the 2002/2004 Clone Wars and G.I. Joe Extreme? -They were shown as several "micro episodes" (ranging from 3-5 minuets), before being released on home media as a single 70 minute movie.

I really do hope these are full half hour episodes, from a full series, but we wont know for sure until more details are released.
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Final Script Complete (1761629)
Posted by Deadput on February 1st, 2016 @ 10:03am CST
o.supreme wrote:

True you bring out some good points.
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Final Script Complete (1761806)
Posted by Zeedust on February 1st, 2016 @ 7:57pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
I'm not sure, but to me, it's looks like a Bionicle mask.

...That's exactly what it is. Thank you.
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Final Script Complete (1761893)
Posted by King Kuuga on February 1st, 2016 @ 10:56pm CST
Va'al wrote:

Am I going crazy or is that a D.I.A. Stack on his shelf next to MP Magnus?
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Final Script Complete (1767978)
Posted by o.supreme on February 19th, 2016 @ 12:57pm CST
Well it is short, as expected. But it should make for a nice movie when combined (56 minuets) hopefully to see a wide release at some point.
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Final Script Complete (1767989)
Posted by gothsaurus on February 19th, 2016 @ 1:19pm CST

I'm DEEPLY, deeply saddened. I feel like it was a big tease for long-standing, loyal, older fans.

And it's not that I haven't enjoyed the younger-audience shows like Rescue Bots or RID2015 (It's great hearing Cullen chime in occasionally), but we need something meatier. More story, more characterization, real stakes, over-arching storyline, etc. (Not to mention some stellar, world-class animation.)

It makes me wonder why they don't do some one-off direct-to-video movies like we see for other franchises. (Batman, Halo, Riddick, Ghost in the Shell, etc.) The franchise is definitely worthy of it. Seems like a great place to explore some more grown-up themes and solid animation... not to mention a chance to pull in original actors like Cullen, Welker, Bell, Gilvezan, Burger.

Someone please pass this up the chain at Hasbro.

And in the mean time, I'll be praying this series of *SHORTS* is well received and gets expanded to a full series in the future.
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Final Script Complete (1767991)
Posted by Evil Eye on February 19th, 2016 @ 1:22pm CST
gothsaurus wrote:I'm shocked. I thought we were getting a FULL series targeted for adults in anime style. Short 7-minute episodes is more what I'd expect for some web series. (not to mention just 8 episodes) That's not even a full hour.

Someone please pass this up the chain at Hasbro.

But we already have a Transformers series targeted at an older audience!

:lol:
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Final Script Complete (1767992)
Posted by Kyleor on February 19th, 2016 @ 1:23pm CST
"8 episodes, 7 minutes each" So not a real show, essentially a YouTube episode type show, instead of a genuine animated series. Has any info been released on how many of those 7 minutes are going to be opening and closing credits? Hopefully when they're all released someone will edit them into one long video.
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Final Script Complete (1767995)
Posted by o.supreme on February 19th, 2016 @ 1:39pm CST
To all those that are disappointed, please refer back to Machinima's Justice League: "Gods and Monsters" -it started as 3 "5 minute" segments, that lead up to an animated movie. It was so well received, that more episodes are coming out this year.

I agree. I would love for Hasbro to follow WB/DC's model (3 adult oriented animated films per year). heck I'd be happy with just one animated film per year. As it is however, this is untested water for Hasbro. If we want to see more, then we need to show our full support of this project.

-Just imagine, an animated film, once a year, "based" on popular Transformers stories both Past & Present. They could pluck stories from any era (Marvel, DreamWorks, but most likely sticking with IDW)- They could be set in any universe (Beast Wars, Unicron Trilogy, Animated etc...) -Or they could just come up with original stories as well. The potential is limitless, as long as we support it. A mature TF series, or home-release films with quality Animation & Writing is something I have waited a very long time for. I think we got a glimpse of it with TF: Prime. But with traditional cell animation, (good cell animation that is) you can do so much more.
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Final Script Complete (1768001)
Posted by gothsaurus on February 19th, 2016 @ 2:12pm CST
Agreed! It would be a great way to shirk off the "rules" and do a new G1 story, Fall of Cybertron story, or even one set in other niche areas like Animated. Could be a great selling tool for the "filler" lines like Generations that get sandwiched between the live action movie toy lines.

I've been really pleased with CW and Titan Wars toy lines. They're bringing back some nicely sized figures and overcoming the plastic and simplification issues seen in Fall of Cybertron toy era. Seems like they've found their stride.... Point being, I think those are totally deserving of a teen-adult age series.

Hoping, praying, and supporting their efforts purchasing BluRays.

And on that notion, I MUCH prefer a high quality Blu-Ray release instead of the sub-par DVD releases seen for Animated, Robots in Disguise, Rescue Bots... How does that even happen these days when the series were created in high-def? If I'm paying money for the show, I want quality video.
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Final Script Complete (1768006)
Posted by o.supreme on February 19th, 2016 @ 2:27pm CST
Agreed, but it seems that decision is squarely in the hands of Shout!Factory. -They produced Beautiful Blu Rays for Prime. Probably understanding that Prime was watched by a slightly older demographic, and the CG would look nicer in HD. RiD15 & Rescue Bots have a different animation form that doesn't lend itself as well to HD (though no doubt they are produced in that format for broadcast). Also they probably understand its demographic is a bit younger. Frankly I am pleased/surprised we are getting a season 1 DVD set for RiD. I thought we would be doomed to endless single disc releases, as the idea is that parents are buying these on impulse for kids.

Remember, even MLP which has a sizable adult fan following, doesn't even have Blu ray sets for the TV series, in fact they just started getting full season standard DVD sets within the past year or so...

The only aberration I see in this was GI Joe Renegades. Although the animation was not CG, it somehow got a Blu-Ray release (which I proudly own), but perhaps this was the failed experiment that forced S!F to cut costs and only produce DVD's unless an overwhelming support for Blu Rays is shown.

In any event. Whoever gets the home media license for TF:CW, I sincerely hope there is a Blu Ray release. I'm fearing however that with increasing trends, it will be relegated to downloadable media only via sites like Amazon.
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Final Script Complete (1768008)
Posted by ZeroWolf on February 19th, 2016 @ 2:30pm CST
I still think that more than meets the eye should be animated as direct to video releases.
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Final Script Complete (1768011)
Posted by griftimus prime on February 19th, 2016 @ 2:50pm CST
about windblade and victorian. sounds awful.
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Final Script Complete (1768038)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on February 19th, 2016 @ 3:46pm CST
is this out yet? on YouTube
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Final Script Complete (1768041)
Posted by Deadput on February 19th, 2016 @ 3:53pm CST
Stuartmaximus wrote:is this out yet? on YouTube

Does it look like it is?

Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Roadburn" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Highbrow XORT Headmaster  Walmart exclusive wave 2 heroic autobot!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers monxo Headmaster Weirdwolf Wave 2 evil decepticon sealed new!!!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Headmasters Chromedome & Stylor" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects God Neptune Combiner Wars Coelagon Gulf Skalor" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Headmasters Hardhead & Duros" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Go! G15 Hunter Bulkhead Takara Tomy Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects TT-GS02 KRAKEN (Seawing) / Seacons / In Hand" on EBAY