New Image Of Studio Series 69 Devastator Box Set Compared To Titan Class Boxes

New Image Of Studio Series 69 Devastator Box Set Compared To Titan Class Boxes

Thursday, September 24th, 2020 6:18pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: ZeroWolf   Views: 17,991

Greetings Seibertronians! Taking the discussion away from the Studio Series 86 figures for a moment, fellow Seibertron user, -WonkoTheSane-, has let us know that a new image of the Studio Series Devastator has surfaced! The photo apparently comes from a store in Thailand and was shared by the Facebook account, Amorntrade.

Transformers News: New Image Of Studio Series 69 Devastator Box Set Compared To Titan Class Boxes

As you can see from the image, the boxes of Earthrise Titan Class Scorponok and Siege Titan Class Omega Supreme have been arranged on top of the Devastator box to give you an idea of the scale of this set. To further aid this, Earthrise Deluxe Class Cliffjumper has been placed in front of it.

This set fearures all the previously released Constructicons, substituting Ramage for Skipjack. It also possibly features new decos but as no close ups of the figures have surfaced yet, it isn't proven.

What do you think of this devastatingly good depiction of the monstrous combiner from Revenge of the Fallen? Have you been holding out for this set? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!

Credit(s): -WonkoTheSane- from Seibertron, AmornTrade Facebook account

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New Image Of Studio Series 69 Devastator Box Set Compared To Titan Class Boxes (2081433)
Posted by Quantum Surge on September 24th, 2020 @ 6:27pm CDT
Sounds neat but I'm good with my individually onws for now.
Re: New Image Of Studio Series 69 Devastator Box Set Compared To Titan Class Boxes (2081435)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on September 24th, 2020 @ 6:39pm CDT
Easy pass for me. I've got Devastator assembled right now, with Skipjack hanging out on the shelf above.
Re: New Image Of Studio Series 69 Devastator Box Set Compared To Titan Class Boxes (2081436)
Posted by SkyFire Prime on September 24th, 2020 @ 6:40pm CDT
Finally, may the Bayverse be forgotten at last.
Re: New Image Of Studio Series 69 Devastator Box Set Compared To Titan Class Boxes (2081438)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on September 24th, 2020 @ 6:42pm CDT
SkyFire Prime wrote:Finally, may the Bayverse be forgotten at last.

Alas, it'll live on and on, like the Marcarena.
Re: New Image Of Studio Series 69 Devastator Box Set Compared To Titan Class Boxes (2081439)
Posted by Sowndwave76 on September 24th, 2020 @ 6:43pm CDT
I do think Kup is a huge improvement from either of the previous versions.
One thing I noticed (along with the head being a little thin), is that the chin is a tiny bit too long.
The real issue with this is that I think his eyes are too far up... Which makes his face look even longer.
I also agree that his lips are too pronounced.
And even if the shoulders were completely tabbed-in, his shoulders are a bit too broad.

Having said all this, it is going to be tough to pass on this guy if I ever see him in a store...
But I'm still not sure about this one.
Re: New Image Of Studio Series 69 Devastator Box Set Compared To Titan Class Boxes (2081440)
Posted by Grahf_ on September 24th, 2020 @ 7:02pm CDT
It would be great if Long Haul was reissued so I could complete mine without having to buy the box set and then having doubles of all of them except Rampage and Long Haul.
Re: New Image Of Studio Series 69 Devastator Box Set Compared To Titan Class Boxes (2081441)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 24th, 2020 @ 7:19pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:A friendly reminder:

The shape of the head is correct on the Generations Kup, but I prefer the face on the Studio Series version. I didn't realize until now that the lighter colors are missing on Generations Kup. :)
Don't forget that there are also four different deco versions of that Kup.

Re: New Image Of Studio Series 69 Devastator Box Set Compared To Titan Class Boxes (2081445)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on September 24th, 2020 @ 7:44pm CDT
SkyFire Prime wrote:Finally, may the Bayverse be forgotten at last.

Bay-hating is still a thing?

Just so you know, it's thanks to the Bayverse that TF is still relevant today instead of disapearing into obscurity. Like Beast Wars did back in the day.
Re: New Image Of Studio Series 69 Devastator Box Set Compared To Titan Class Boxes (2081447)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 24th, 2020 @ 7:48pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
SkyFire Prime wrote:Finally, may the Bayverse be forgotten at last.

Bay-hating is still a thing.
Man, even "Trukk not Munky!"-ing is still a thing.
Re: New Image Of Studio Series 69 Devastator Box Set Compared To Titan Class Boxes (2081448)
Posted by sol magnus on September 24th, 2020 @ 7:50pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
SkyFire Prime wrote:Finally, may the Bayverse be forgotten at last.

Bay-hating is still a thing.
Man, even "Trukk not Munky!"-ing is still a thing.

Sort of lays to waste the whole conversation I had about this a couple days ago...
Re: New Image Of Studio Series 69 Devastator Box Set Compared To Titan Class Boxes (2081465)
Posted by Tuned Agent on September 24th, 2020 @ 9:16pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Seibertron wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:A friendly reminder:

Don't forget that there are also four different deco versions of that Kup.

Technically there are five, the platinum edition Kup isn't in that picture.

Re: New Image Of Studio Series 69 Devastator Box Set Compared To Titan Class Boxes (2081467)
Posted by william-james88 on September 24th, 2020 @ 9:42pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
SkyFire Prime wrote:Finally, may the Bayverse be forgotten at last.

Bay-hating is still a thing?

Turns out trukk not monkey is still a thing
Re: New Image Of Studio Series 69 Devastator Box Set Compared To Titan Class Boxes (2081469)
Posted by Seibertron on September 24th, 2020 @ 9:47pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
SkyFire Prime wrote:Finally, may the Bayverse be forgotten at last.

Bay-hating is still a thing?

Turns out trukk not monkey is still a thing

To whom? It was dumb 24 years ago, I dont think I ever see anyone say that except for people teasing or mocking other people.
Re: New Image Of Studio Series 69 Devastator Box Set Compared To Titan Class Boxes (2081472)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on September 24th, 2020 @ 9:58pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
SkyFire Prime wrote:Finally, may the Bayverse be forgotten at last.

Bay-hating is still a thing?

Turns out trukk not monkey is still a thing

Yup. "Trukk-no-munky" is an old dusty joke that is said with a wink and a nudge 99% of the time.

Re: New Image Of Studio Series 69 Devastator Box Set Compared To Titan Class Boxes (2081473)
Posted by LinaNui on September 24th, 2020 @ 9:58pm CDT
Studio Series has been the best transformers line, ever I think. I have now completed two of my favorite groups.

As for the 86 figures, I am still hoping they come as a subline like how the netflix siege/ER are being handled. It would make sense based on the leaks.
Re: New Image Of Studio Series 69 Devastator Box Set Compared To Titan Class Boxes (2081474)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on September 24th, 2020 @ 10:00pm CDT
Re: New Image Of Studio Series 69 Devastator Box Set Compared To Titan Class Boxes (2081475)
Posted by Seibertron on September 24th, 2020 @ 11:17pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:Bay haters still bay-hate with passion even MORE than 13 years after the fact. It's embarassing.

Those fans are definitely embarrassing. It's also definitely embarrassing that some fans staunchly defend the Michael Bay Transformers movies as well. Both sides have their embarrassing moments.
Re: New Image Of Studio Series 69 Devastator Box Set Compared To Titan Class Boxes (2081476)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 24th, 2020 @ 11:40pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
SkyFire Prime wrote:Finally, may the Bayverse be forgotten at last.

Bay-hating is still a thing?

Turns out trukk not monkey is still a thing

It's mostly still a thing at places like Facebook, 4chan, and (sadly) TFW2005.
Re: New Image Of Studio Series 69 Devastator Box Set Compared To Titan Class Boxes (2081483)
Posted by Emerje on September 25th, 2020 @ 3:39am CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
First-Aid wrote:On this guy, have you had issues with those missile "three-packs" not staying put in either car or robot mode? Seems mine aren't very snug and I'm concerned about losing them in the long run.

I've had a couple issues with the little guns. the missiles peg in nicely with the lower slot, but the upper slot won't hold on the fenders, so in robot mode they are mounted by that tab on the roof on his back. The little guns hold fairly well on his arms, but are loose on his roof mounts.

I really wish they would have gone with the 5mm peg or something, or at least done a little bit more refining on the tab and slots they used, I am worried about losing weapons from him in the future

My one of my missile clusters flew off the roof of Leadfoot after I definitely had it on securely. I think instead of using slots in the weapons to secure these they should have used c-joints (not the ball jointed kind, just sculpted into the weapons).

Seibertron wrote:I attempted to fix his head with some really quick Photoshop work just to demonstrate what I'm talking about. I expanded the width of the sides of his head, angled it a little bit to achieve more of the "V" shape to his head, made his forehead crest a little bigger and the "headband" a little thicker. After I did that, I didn't mind his face sculpt as much so I left it alone, but I would have preferred less "sad" eyes.

This does look better. I think as far as the face goes my biggest issue is them interpreting the angles under the eyes as sharp cheek bones, even extending off the sides. His face (and most cartoon accurate characters) should have more geometrically shaped faces. All too often the designers try to give them more human-like characteristics which just don't look right. Maybe if they went for a Wildman inspired line (which is how I think of the original Generations head sculpt), but not cartoons. Also doesn't help that in the wrong lighting that face looks very skeletal thanks to the sharp cheeks and the black shadow under his nose.

So far I think Legends Headmaster Kup pulled off the face shape the best, though they did sink in his cheeks a bit too much.

-Kanrabat- wrote:I'll need a reminder. Will the Devastator box set be a Pulse exclusive, or will this be a wide release among retailers? Also, how much?

Unknown, so far they haven't had an official solicitation from Hasbro. TFSource is taking orders for the low, low price of $500, but that's almost certainly not coming from an official source. That could indicate that the set isn't getting released in North America, it may be an Asia exclusive or something (haven't had one of those in a while).

Sabrblade wrote:
Seibertron wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
SkyFire Prime wrote:Finally, may the Bayverse be forgotten at last.

Bay-hating is still a thing?

Turns out trukk not monkey is still a thing

It's mostly still a thing at places like Facebook, 4chan, and (sadly) TFW2005.

And YouTube comments, those can be some of the worst. Then again there's plenty of YouTubers making Transformers videos (and not particularly good ones) that take jabs at Beast Wars as well.

Emerje
Re: New Image Of Studio Series 69 Devastator Box Set Compared To Titan Class Boxes (2081488)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on September 25th, 2020 @ 4:39am CDT
Seibertron wrote:

Defending the movies themselves is a head scratcher. I don't thing the movies defenders do it with as much PASSION as dedicated Bay haters. The bay-haters are on another level. They HATE the bayverse so strong that it almost turn into a fanboyism of hate. The salt still being there after over a decade. That's pretty fascinating.

One thing the Bayhaters can't or just refuse to understand is the Transformers franchise is so strong with millions of new fans BECAUSE of the Bay movies. It was because of the Bayverse that I went back to TF. And a whole generation of kids got the Bayverse as their first Transformers. Those kids then discovered G1, Beast Wars, and others after that and became hardcore collectors.

The movies were horrible. But beautiful crops grew thanks to that manure!

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #261 - Ratchets, Tigers and Planes
"Ratchets, Tigers and Planes"
Posted: Sunday, October 11th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Dark of the Moon Leadfoot DOTM Cyberverse MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of the Moon Powerglide Cyberverse DOTM" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark Of The Moon Cyberverse Blackout Dotm Scorponok" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Beast Machines Deluxe Maximal Blackarachnia MOSC New." on EBAY
Buy "Hallmark Itty Bitty Bittys MEGATRON Hasbro Transformers new with tag Plush nwt" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Cyberverse Ultra Magnus new sealed mosc commander" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Transformers Legends LG-17 Blackarachnia Complete" on EBAY