Transformers News: New Sightings in Canada with Transfomers Botbots Series 2 and Spark Armor Skybyte, Jetfire and More

Tuesday, June 25th, 2019 12:47pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 11,247

It has been a long time since Canada was the first with a sighting. But it is again with the Cyberverse Spark Armor toys. These are slightly taller than legends class figures and have a similar complexity along with a drone vehicle which becomes armor. These are similar to the RID Battlepack figures. The first wave has Prowl, Starscream, Jetfire and Skybyte. They are $19.99 CAD. Another new sighting in Canada is the Series 2 Botbots. Only the 8 packs were spotted so far. While the US has had these in a while, Canada did get the Series 1.5 Bakery Bytes wave between them, which the US skipped. These were all found at Toysrus by yours truly. The Spark Amor toys were in Montreal, Quebec, while the Botbots were found in Brampton, Ontario, (as evidence by the MPM toys on shelves which are not sold in Quebec).

Transformers News: New Sightings in Canada with Transfomers Botbots Series 2 and Spark Armor Battle Class Toys

Re: New Sightings in Canada with Transfomers Botbots Series 2 and Spark Armor Skybyte, Jetfire and More (2025859)
Posted by gothsaurus on June 25th, 2019 @ 2:17pm CDT
whoe. Those armor guys are tiny — like legends size. That suddenly puts them right back on my list. Sculpts looked like they could have been pretty big. I'm happily surprised.

I guess the big disappointment for me is the Prime with Ark. He looks like he actually IS the size I thought they all were, and with no articulation from the waist down. I'm thinking I will pick up a few small ones and pass on him, since the price will be outlandish.

Grahhhh. I want that Ark! :BANG_HEAD:
Re: New Sightings in Canada with Transfomers Botbots Series 2 and Spark Armor Skybyte, Jetfire and More (2025875)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on June 25th, 2019 @ 3:47pm CDT
I'm surprised these aren't showing up on ebay.
Re: New Sightings in Canada with Transfomers Botbots Series 2 and Spark Armor Skybyte, Jetfire and More (2025906)
Posted by william-james88 on June 25th, 2019 @ 5:44pm CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:I'm surprised these aren't showing up on ebay.

People dont care enough.
Re: New Sightings in Canada with Transfomers Botbots Series 2 and Spark Armor Skybyte, Jetfire and More (2025914)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 25th, 2019 @ 6:35pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:I'm surprised these aren't showing up on ebay.

People dont care enough.

Pretty much this. Cyberverse has been relegated to trunk of the car by almost everyone, and unlike RiD2015, it deserves it save for a couple potential few
Re: New Sightings in Canada with Transfomers Botbots Series 2 and Spark Armor Skybyte, Jetfire and More (2025917)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 25th, 2019 @ 6:47pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:I'm surprised these aren't showing up on ebay.

People dont care enough.

The fact that the Cyberverse thread barely moved when the "first world sighting of the Armor guys" happen is proof enough.
Re: New Sightings in Canada with Transfomers Botbots Series 2 and Spark Armor Skybyte, Jetfire and More (2032083)
Posted by william-james88 on July 28th, 2019 @ 9:15am CDT
Toysrus Canada had seemingly skipped wave 2 of Siege deluxes. However, it turns out that they are getting a revision version of wave 2, something we did not know existed until now. This revision wave consists of one of each of the new wave 2 bots (ex Prowl, Ironhide ect) and flywheels. Yup, if you thought you were seeing lots of flywheels already, wait till this revision wave drops by a store near you and that's all you will see.

The exclusive Battle Damaged Studio Series Revenge of the Fallen voyager Megatron was also found at Toysrus for $39.99 CAD. For those curious about other Toysrus sightings, the giant Cybverser Ark Power Prime was also found along with the latest Marvel Legends two packs like Ironman / Ironspider, Korg / Grandmaster and Colossus / Juggernaut (while we are talking about Hasbro exclusives at Toysrus Canada).

Re: New Sightings in Canada with Transfomers Botbots Series 2 and Spark Armor Skybyte, Jetfire and More (2032086)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on July 28th, 2019 @ 9:23am CDT

I mean, I haven't seen that one yet, whereas everything else is at least in every store, if not shelfwarming.
Re: New Sightings in Canada with Transfomers Botbots Series 2 and Spark Armor Skybyte, Jetfire and More (2032087)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 28th, 2019 @ 9:24am CDT
Still no Chromia, no Blunt, and no Refractor.

Goddammit, TrU...
Re: New Sightings in Canada with Transfomers Botbots Series 2 and Spark Armor Skybyte, Jetfire and More (2032088)
Posted by william-james88 on July 28th, 2019 @ 9:24am CDT
Nathaniel Prime wrote:Is it sacrilege that I like the Infinity War Iron Man and Spider-Man 2-pack than the other sightings?

Where is battle damage megs in the US?

Edit: right right, Target.
Re: New Sightings in Canada with Transfomers Botbots Series 2 and Spark Armor Skybyte, Jetfire and More (2032089)
Posted by william-james88 on July 28th, 2019 @ 9:25am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:Still no Chromia, no Blunt, and no Refractor.

Goddammit, TrU...

Chromia is there, she is part of this revision wave.
Re: New Sightings in Canada with Transfomers Botbots Series 2 and Spark Armor Skybyte, Jetfire and More (2032090)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 28th, 2019 @ 9:27am CDT
william-james88 wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:Still no Chromia, no Blunt, and no Refractor.

Goddammit, TrU...

Chromia is there, she is part of this revision wave.

It's at least that. Luckily, my raincheck is still valid.
Re: New Sightings in Canada with Transfomers Botbots Series 2 and Spark Armor Skybyte, Jetfire and More (2032092)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on July 28th, 2019 @ 9:29am CDT
william-james88 wrote:

Where is battle damage megs in the US?

Shelfwarming at every Target I go to? I mean, maybe it's too soon to say shelfwarming, but after a month or so, the same 8 Battle Damaged Megs are still at every Target I visit.
Re: New Sightings in Canada with Transfomers Botbots Series 2 and Spark Armor Skybyte, Jetfire and More (2032093)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on July 28th, 2019 @ 9:33am CDT

If it's sacrilege, I'm in the same boat as you. I want that 2-pack. and I have the rest of those in the forms I'd like to have them
Re: New Sightings in Canada with Transfomers Botbots Series 2 and Spark Armor Skybyte, Jetfire and More (2032094)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on July 28th, 2019 @ 9:34am CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:

Then at least I got someone to count on then ;)
Re: New Sightings in Canada with Transfomers Botbots Series 2 and Spark Armor Skybyte, Jetfire and More (2032101)
Posted by Latebrus-K on July 28th, 2019 @ 9:46am CDT
What and why. If they're doing the repack dance, surely they'd have room for a Refraktor amid all those Flywheels...es. I'm saying this as someone who doesn't even want one :P
Re: New Sightings in Canada with Transfomers Botbots Series 2 and Spark Armor Skybyte, Jetfire and More (2033894)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on August 9th, 2019 @ 11:39am CDT
Found at Toys R Us Laval, the Siege Micronasters 10 pack.
But holy crap, 60$...

15653687494252179081986906316951.jpg
Re: New Sightings in Canada with Transfomers Botbots Series 2 and Spark Armor Skybyte, Jetfire and More (2033897)
Posted by william-james88 on August 9th, 2019 @ 11:47am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:Found at Toys R Us Laval, the Siege Micronasters 10 pack.
But holy crap, 60$...

15653687494252179081986906316951.jpg

Micromasters are 6$ each in canada so this makes sense.
Re: New Sightings in Canada with Transfomers Botbots Series 2 and Spark Armor Skybyte, Jetfire and More (2033900)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on August 9th, 2019 @ 12:15pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:Found at Toys R Us Laval, the Siege Micronasters 10 pack.
But holy crap, 60$...

15653687494252179081986906316951.jpg

Micromasters are 6$ each in canada so this makes sense.

No. They are 6.50$ each. So we actually save a bit.

I'd like that set, but not enough to pay full price. If it come on sale, say for around 50$, I'd bite.
Re: New Sightings in Canada with Transfomers Botbots Series 2 and Spark Armor Skybyte, Jetfire and More (2033908)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on August 9th, 2019 @ 1:00pm CDT
Anyone still need their trailor-less G1 Optimus?

Now on true clearance at Walmart for 34$CAN! :shock:

15653735763874408273319981017030.jpg
Re: New Sightings in Canada with Transfomers Botbots Series 2 and Spark Armor Skybyte, Jetfire and More (2034990)
Posted by william-james88 on August 18th, 2019 @ 7:25pm CDT
Siege is sure taking its sweet time getting to Canada. Wave 3 is nowhere near saturation but the deluxes are ceeping out at Walmarts and Toysrus store across the nation. Stores seem to be getting one case each. Walmarts are also getting voyager Springer, but very sparsely. All the G1 reissues for 2019 have also been spotted in Canada by now, but they are very sparse as well, except for Prime of course. The real new sighting to report Siege wise are the wave 3 Micromasters, the two pack that comes with Blackjack. You can see that in the image below.

Canada is almost up to date on Cyberverse though. The bigger Spark Armour Optimus, Megatron and BUmblebee were found at Toysrus. The giant Ark Power Optimus was found a while ago at Toysrus but it is now available at Walmart as well.

As for Studio Series, the deluxe wave with car mode Dropkick, High Tower and Drift was found at Walmart.

If you have any spotted any of these, please let the community know by posting it on the boards in your geographically specific thread. If you find something you think no one else spotted yet, please let us know by submitting your sighting here.

Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Arcee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Evolution 3-Pack (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #241 - Toy Fair 2020
"Toy Fair 2020"
Posted: Monday, February 24th, 2020

Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Leader Astrotrain" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Q Transformers QT27 Soundwave Figure from Japan from JAPAN [0wi]" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Botcon 1998 VICE GRIP - Exclusive New Sealed! Extremely Rare!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 sky lynx" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Unite Warriors Computron UW08 takara Technobots Combiner tomy" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Amazon Exclusive Blast Off's MEGATRONUS Master Combiner Wars" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS RAVAGE LEGENDS CLASS TITANS RETURN ACTION FIGURE 2016 HASBRO VGC!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise RID Galvatron Tiny Titan Wave 4 G1 mini figure" on EBAY